Why The Fuss???

big wallace

I have been in Robbo's several times.

I have heard several unsavoury chants in there and only a fool would think that Robbo's is a drug free pub.

Are you a racist junkie?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have heard several unsavoury chants in there and only a fool would think that Robbo's is a drug free pub.

Unfortunately drugs are a fact of life. I've never seen people taking drugs in Robbo's but I doubt it's got a worse problem that anywhere else, including upmarket places like Tiger Lily.

Coke only stays in your body for about 2 days mate. [............ The boys a fud we dont need him.

Thats an outrageous statement to be making on a public forum unless you have concrete evidence of it.

You need to be really careful about repeating it.

Unfortunately drugs are a fact of life. I've never seen people taking drugs in Robbo's but I doubt it's got a worse problem that anywhere else, including upmarket places like Tiger Lily.

So a young man indulging in the occasional use of recreational drugs lies easy with you and doesnt make him some kind of lower life form ?

So a young man indulging in the occasional use of recreational drugs lies easy with you and doesnt make him some kind of lower life form ?

I'm not with you. I was referring to society in general, not a specific individual.

I'm not with you. I was referring to society in general, not a specific individual.

No I know your not with me, but do you have an opinion on the specific question I asked ?

I'm trying to establish what, in people's opinions, makes Riordan anymore unsuitable to play for Hearts than any other player ? Given that we're only asking him to play for us, not become the head of our ethics committee.

No I know your not with me, but do you have an opinion on the specific question I asked ?

I'm trying to establish what, in people's opinions, makes Riordan anymore unsuitable to play for Hearts than any other player ? Given that we're only asking him to play for us, not become the head of our ethics committee.

All employers demand a proper standard of behaviour of their employees, both in and out of work. If I had a track record like Rhat Bhoy I would be sacked by my employer. That is a good enough reason for not employing him. He's also vastly over rated as a footballer, so that makes two good reasons.

All employers demand a proper standard of behaviour of their employees, both in and out of work. If I had a track record like Rhat Bhoy I would be sacked by my employer. That is a good enough reason for not employing him. He's also vastly over rated as a footballer, so that makes two good reasons.

Lets just leave your opinion on him as a footballer out of this because its clearly clouded by the burden of bias and prejudice that you ophenly and prhoudly carry around with you.

Can you detail what it is about Riordans' track record that is a justifiable sackable offence in any reasonable workplace ?

Your starter for 10 is that Riordan does not have ANY criminal convictions.

Please carry on

Agree. And this is coming from the one who is always blowing his trumpet about how football is a simple game etc etc *yawn*

You follow your club, you want them to win. A fan.

He's just up on his high horse blowing off hot air as usual.

exactly mate...

does my head in.

Nope.

So Ukol's statement was right then?

Does this make Riordan a lower life form as well? You seem to be contradicting yourself a lot.

Does this make Riordan a lower life form as well? You seem to be contradicting yourself a lot.

I asked a question. I didnt give an opinion myself so there cannot possibly be a contradiction.

What do you think since your mate seems a bit stuck with the answers to my questions ?

Is a young man who occasionally dabbles in recreational drugs anything out of the ordinary in this day and age and is he deserving of society shunning him ?

You need to have a serious word wih yourself if you think drug user = low life ****. Most folk I know, me included are just into getting ****ed up for a laugh and dont hurt anyone in the process this broad generalisation is bordering on facism.

You need to have a serious word wih yourself if you think drug user = low life ****. Most folk I know, me included are just into getting ****ed up for a laugh and dont hurt anyone in the process this broad generalisation is bordering on facism.

You need to have a serious word with your optician if you think I said that anywhere.

Your clearly not following my angle here. If you were you wouldnt have just typed what you did.

You need to have a serious word with your optician if you think I said that anywhere.

Your clearly not following my angle here. If you were you wouldnt have just typed what you did.

Have a look at what i previously quoted, all though you have since psoted somit else contradicting this.

I asked a question. I didnt give an opinion myself so there cannot possibly be a contradiction.

What do you think since your mate seems a bit stuck with the answers to my questions ?

Is a young man who occasionally dabbles in recreational drugs anything out of the ordinary in this day and age and is he deserving of society shunning him ?

For a professional footballer it is unacceptable.

That wasnt the question I asked.

I answered your question in the context of the debate.

I answered your question in the context of the debate.

You didnt answer the question I asked. It was quite specific

You didnt answer the question I asked. It was quite specific

It was also very irrelevant.

Drug taking youths outside of football has nothing to do with Derek Riordan.

Drug takers IN football however.......

It was also very irrelevant.

Drug taking youths outside of football has nothing to do with Derek Riordan.

Drug takers IN football however.......

So, your ordinary joe in the street can use recreational drugs, even occasionally, and its nothing to be concerned about (Thats my view by the way for those who wrongly interpreted my question)

But Derek Riordan who allegedly may have done the same thing at some undefined point (your information not mine) is junkie sc um (your words from earlier)

You should look up what drug the term "junkie" refers to before answering with confirmation that Riordan is junkie sc um, as you said he was earlier.

So, your ordinary joe in the street can use recreational drugs, even occasionally, and its nothing to be concerned about (Thats my view by the way for those who wrongly interpreted my question)

But Derek Riordan who allegedly may have done the same thing at some undefined point (your information not mine) is junkie sc um (your words from earlier)

You should look up what drug the term "junkie" refers to before answering with confirmation that Riordan is junkie sc um, as you said he was earlier.

I never said that at all.

What I said was that it's irrelevant what your average joe does. Chances are, he's not a role model to children. Although Riordan is expected to be a role model for kids.

Do you think Riordan is still into recreational drugs Eck?

It wouldn't surprise me.

I stand by my original statement that he does not deserve to be anywhere near this club.

I never said that at all.

What I said was that it's irrelevant what your average joe does. Chances are, he's not a role model to children. Although Riordan is expected to be a role model for kids.

Apologies, your exact phraseology was "racist junkie thug"

Riordan has no convictions for drugs, racism or violence, in fact he has no criminal convictions whatsover.

He appeared in a mobile phone video with low end racism as a feature. The police were aware of it and after consulation with the crown office decided there was no case to answer. You yourself appeared in a video with sectarianism and bigotry as its main feature and admitting taking part in the songs thereon. Are you therefore a bigot ?

Have you ever indulged in recreational drug use ? I have on a couple of occasions. I am not a junkie and presumably neither are you.

Have you ever, as a young man had a bit too much too drink and got a bit full of yourself in front of your mates, perhaps it escalated into a fight ? I have and I'm not a thug.

All the above are at the very worst excesses that Riordan is even accused of by his worst critics. Yet he's a racist junkie thug in your view ?

Do you think Riordan is still into recreational drugs Eck?

How would he know the answer to that ? He doesnt even know Riordan. You'd be as well asking him if he thinks Bill Clinton still likes blowjobs

How would he know the answer to that ? He doesnt even know Riordan. You'd be as well asking him if he thinks Bill Clinton still likes blowjobs

He called Riordan a junkie, i was wondering if he meant it in the "hibs, junkie, blah blah" sense or if he had heard or knew that he was actually into that sort of thing.

John Findlay

Although Riordan has skill as a footballer. He has zero skill as a man and a grown up man at that. I would not want Riordan anywhere near Hearts purely and simply for his off the field behaviour. Away from the football pitch he is purely and simply a fan dan. Hibs are welcome to him.

John

He called Riordan a junkie, i was wondering if he meant it in the "hibs, junkie, blah blah" sense or if he had heard or knew that he was actually into that sort of thing.

He has heard from a "close mate of Riordan" that he has used coke. Does this convince you that he does use coke or is it more likely to be a throwway remark that anyone can type ?

Although Riordan has skill as a footballer. He has zero skill as a man and a grown up man at that. I would not want Riordan anywhere near Hearts purely and simply for his off the field behaviour. Away from the football pitch he is purely and simply a fan dan. Hibs are welcome to him.

John

Bad off field behaviour would exclude roughly 20 Hearts players in the last 30 years that I know of, some of whom you would undoubtedly put in the "legend" category

He has heard from a "close mate of Riordan" that he has used coke. Does this convince you that he does use coke or is it more likely to be a throwway remark that anyone can type ?

It wouldn't surprise me that any footballer has used coke. They are young guys with more money than sense (mostly) and they get a drug test every 2 seasons or something. I met Darren and Derek Young a couple of years ago and they told me that in about 10 years as a pro, they had been tested 4 times each. The odds of getting caught are probably not that high.

Also, one of my mates who is also an occasional poster on here, saw a (former now) Hearts player doing cocaine at a party about 5 seasons ago. I think if every pro-footballer was random tested today, there would be a fair few, including high profile guys that would be embarassed.

Charlie-Brown

Does anybody think that Riordan is serious about WANTING to play for Hearts? That he's hungry for it and would give us his best?

Hmmmm, funny that when I told you I could supply a name, you didn't actually ask me for that.

I have it on the very best of authority.

Riordan has no convictions for drugs, racism or violence, in fact he has no criminal convictions whatsover.

That doesn't matter.

I'm sure there are drug users in the world who have escaped conviction.

He appeared in a mobile phone video with low end racism as a feature. The police were aware of it and after consulation with the crown office decided there was no case to answer. You yourself appeared in a video with sectarianism and bigotry as its main feature and admitting taking part in the songs thereon. Are you therefore a bigot ?

No I didn't.

It was a video contained on my social networking site. I didn't appear in the video, nor am I singing in the video.

Have you ever indulged in recreational drug use ?

No.

Have you ever, as a young man had a bit too much too drink and got a bit full of yourself in front of your mates, perhaps it escalated into a fight ?

No.

EDIT:

Have you ever indulged in recreational drug use ? I have on a couple of occasions. I am not a junkie and presumably neither are you.

Have you ever, as a young man had a bit too much too drink and got a bit full of yourself in front of your mates, perhaps it escalated into a fight ? I have and I'm not a thug.

All the above are at the very worst excesses that Riordan is even accused of by his worst critics. Yet he's a racist junkie thug in your view ?

It now becomes clear why you're trying so hard to talk down his off-field behaviour.

It wouldn't surprise me that any footballer has used coke. They are young guys with more money than sense (mostly) and they get a drug test every 2 seasons or something. I met Darren and Derek Young a couple of years ago and they told me that in about 10 years as a pro, they had been tested 4 times each. The odds of getting caught are probably not that high.

Also, one of my mates who is also an occasional poster on here, saw a (former now) Hearts player doing cocaine at a party about 5 seasons ago. I think if every pro-footballer was random tested today, there would be a fair few, including high profile guys that would be embarassed.

So, even if Riordan HAS occasionally dabbled, its nothing unusual ?

My understanding of the occasional recreational use of coke is that it neither hinders nor enhances sporting performance.

So, even if Riordan HAS occasionally dabbled, its nothing unusual ?

My understanding of the occasional recreational use of coke is that it neither hinders nor enhances sporting performance.

I would agree with both of your points there.

Hmmmm, funny that when I told you I could supply a name, you didn't actually ask me for that.

I have it on the very best of authority.

That doesn't matter.

I'm sure there are drug users in the world who have escaped conviction.

No I didn't.

It was a video contained on my social networking site. I didn't appear in the video, nor am I singing in the video.

No.

No.

What a well rounded clean cut young man you must be. Quite unusual in this day and age and I applaud you for it.:)

I would agree with both of your points there.

You would also agree that someone with a chronic coke use, or any other hard recreational drug problem would not be able to function properly at most levels of life, far less professional football ?

So drugs are acceptable as long as they don't enhance performance?

You would also agree that someone with a chronic coke use problem would not be able to function properly at most levels of life, far less professional football ?

I've known a couple of guys who have had cocaine problems. It's supposed to be a horrible addiction and is one that never really subsides. I'm no expert on that sort of thing though.

The guys i know who got themselves into that position had full time jobs but also sold cocaine to fund their own habits. They managed to hold down jobs but it must be entirely different being an athlete.

PresidentRomanov

I think Riordan would be the most exciting signing we've made in years.

It would be as big in Edinburgh, as Maurice Johnstone signing for Rangers FC was in Glasgow.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow :)

By the way, shame on OAG for taking drugs :eek:

Regular John

I personally think Riordan would be an excellent signing.

However I disagree with all this chat of it being acceptable for footballers to take recreational drugs that are unlikely to affect performance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7440416.stm

I can't see Mutu coughing up the fine for his bit of recreational fun, but his current employers Fiorentina probably will.

ArthurScargill

Interesting that Eckauskas had a video on his (presumably) Bebo/Myspace page which featured sectarianism...I AM SHOCKED!!!!

The sheer hypocrisy of some posters on this site is beyond belief...it is laughable. They are the kind of individuals who will scream abuse at players at the game, and when the player turns round and just winks at them...they will scream blue murder and say it is out of order etc etc...

If Eckauskas has incontestable proof that Riordan is a junkie, then post it...put it up on here in text...what I do know though, since you just admitted it...is that you had a sectarian video on your webpage...and that then makes you exactly the same kind of person you are accusing Riordan of being. :)

ArthurScargill
I think Riordan would be the most exciting signing we've made in years.

It would be as big in Edinburgh, as Maurice Johnstone signing for Rangers FC was in Glasgow.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow :)

I agree with regards to Riordan...it would certainly be controversial!!! It would REALLY wind up the Hibees as well! Can you just imagine their reaction if he does sign for us, and he was to score against them...that would be priceless!!!

Interesting that Eckauskas had a video on his (presumably) Bebo/Myspace page which featured sectarianism...I AM SHOCKED!!!!

The sheer hypocrisy of some posters on this site is beyond belief...it is laughable. They are the kind of individuals who will scream abuse at players at the game, and when the player turns round and just winks at them...they will scream blue murder and say it is out of order etc etc...

If Eckauskas has incontestable proof that Riordan is a junkie, then post it...put it up on here in text...what I do know though, since you just admitted it...is that you had a sectarian video on your webpage...and that then makes you exactly the same kind of person you are accusing Riordan of being. :)

What a surprise that you're here, do you fancy me or something?

Wouldn't surprise me if you did, I await your hilarious and cutting edge patter that will include giving me a girls name.

I've never accused Riordan of being sectarian, I have accused him of taking drugs. Believe it or not, theres a difference.

If you were to look on my profile now, 18 months later, you'd see the video has been deleted. :smile:

Although that wouldn't suit your agenda.

ArthurScargill
What a surprise that you're here, do you fancy me or something?

Wouldn't surprise me if you did, I await your hilarious and cutting edge patter that will include giving me a girls name.

I've never accused Riordan of being sectarian, I have accused him of taking drugs. Believe it or not, theres a difference.

If you were to look on my profile now, 18 months later, you'd see the video has been deleted. :smile:

Although that wouldn't suit your agenda.

What agenda is that then Eckauskas?

And erm...why did you have the video on you're page in the first place hmmmm? Or have you changed you're beliefs over the past 18 months???

Did you not call Riordan a Racist Junkie?

And as for fancying you...oh dear...I am embarrassed for you for coming out with that line...

What agenda is that then Eckauskas?

And erm...why did you have the video on you're page in the first place hmmmm? Or have you changed you're beliefs over the past 18 months???

Did you not call Riordan a Racist Junkie?

And as for fancying you...oh dear...I am embarrassed for you for coming out with that line...

There is a difference between racism and sectarianism. I'd have thought you know that, seeing as you like to apply tags to people.

Why I had it is none of your concern. You really do seem intent on trying to achieve an e-reputation for yourself on here as some sort of intellectual crusader. I wonder why.

Can you explain why you seem to pop up in every thread I'm in? It's slightly worrying.

ArthurScargill
There is a difference between racism and sectarianism. I'd have thought you know that, seeing as you like to apply tags to people.

Why I had it is none of your concern. You really do seem intent on trying to achieve an e-reputation for yourself on here as some sort of intellectual crusader. I wonder why.

Can you explain why you seem to pop up in every thread I'm in? It's slightly worrying.

Awww thats nice, you think I'm an intellectual crusader...gee shucks!!!

But once again you never answered my points...I wonder why hmmm?

Oh, and I do know there is a difference between racism and sectarianism...that wasn't the point. The point was you are castigating someone for being a racist, whilst you feel it is perfectly acceptable for you to be sectarian...can you say DOUBLE STANDARDS???

And I pop up in EVERY thread you are in, because it would appear that a high percentage of the threads you are in seem to discuss sectarian/unionist issues...why is that then hmmmm?

And finally...and let me get this completely correct...you feel that by me challenging you, that I must surely be after some form of 'e-reputation'. That is a bit arrogant of you is it not...do you think that you are some kind of big man online (chortle!)??? And that because of this people are slating you because of this? Methinks you need to have a wee word with yourself, as I would presume the mass majority of people on here couldn't care about e-reputation, and in fact I have never even heard anyone say that phrase before...I really hope you never made it up?!?!?! that would be hilarious...

So drugs are acceptable as long as they don't enhance performance?

I think if they have no effect on performance one way or the other then they're not relevant when we're discussing professional footballers.

Kids. I'd like to point out that OAG does not endorse or condone the use of illegal recreational substances. I did it in a period of weakness in my life, we had been relegated, and now see the error of my ways.

Just say No;);)

Archived