Why The Fuss???

big wallace

Where did Robbo come via? Hibs!

Why such a fuss about riordan? After all Csaba wont sign him if he cant be a professional. Maybe he could be our next Robbo!

Give him a try, and if he cant be a professional, get him out but he's IMO worth a try!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
loveofthegame

Unlike Robbo, Riordan is not just a Hibs fan but a ****my rat to boot.

This is why so many fans have a problem with it (i do not, i think hes a good player).

However i still don't believe for a minute he'll sign for us so its nothing to really get our knickers in a twist over.

Robbo did not come from Hibs.

A racist, junkie thug is NOT what we should be seeing wearing the maroon.

winston churchill

robbo came to hearts straight from school.

rearend is a chav from pilton and trouble follows him around.

Quite right. By the same token, some of our our support should be staying away from the colours also. (probably the ones who are most vociferously judging someone they dont know the first things about.)

Benny Factor

Eck, Robbo's previous team to signing for Hearts WAS Hibs.... Edina Hibs.:P

Quite right. By the same token, some of our our support should be staying away from the colours also. (probably the ones who are most vociferously judging someone they dont know the first things about.)

I know more about Riordan than you give me credit for.

What I know is enough to make me not want him anywhre near this club.

Not even sure if Robbo supported Hibs.Knew he liked O'Rourke but did he ever go to see them.

Robbo's dad was a Hearts supporter, but I don't know how big a Hibs fan Robbo actually was.

In his heyday, I imagine Robbo would have left a nightclub with a girl on each arm.

Riordan leaves nightclubs with a bouncer on each arm.

IF he signs I don't see what all the fuss is about either:

give him a chance,. if he is banging them in (which I'm sure he will) we will all see past his flaws fairly quickly.

Pre

Player Salveson Boys Club

Bought From

Player Edina Hibs

1-Jan-1981

HMFC

Player Heart Of Midlothian

1-Apr-1988

Sold To/Bought From

Player Newcastle United ?625000

1-Dec-1988

HMFC

Player Heart Of Midlothian ?750000

1-Jul-1998

Sold To

Player Livingston Free Transfer

1-Feb-1998

Player Dundee Loan

1-May-2000

Player Livingston

26-Dec-2002

Manager Inverness Caledonian Thistle

1-Nov-2004

HMFC

Manager Heart Of Midlothian

9-May-2005

Manager Sacked

22-Jun-2005

Manager Ross County

24-Oct-2005

Manager Sacked

15-Feb-2006

Manager Livingston

15-Apr-2007

Manager Sacked

2-Jul-2007

Manager Derry City

11-Dec-2007

Manager Released

Surely still a version of hibs? Ha possibly better!

info on robbo courtesy of London Hearts

I know more about Riordan than you give me credit for.

What I know is enough to make me not want him anywhre near this club.

Can you share your knowledge with us then, including the evidence that you personally have that he is a junkie. Because I rather suspect thats just a prejudiced label you've attached because of where he comes from and who he's played for ?

Could you also enlighten us with your own all-encompassing all embracing cosmopolitan views on some of societies minority groups ( Actually dont bother with that bit)

Just tell us how you know he's a junkie ?

In his heyday, I imagine Robbo would have left a nightclub with a girl on each arm.

Doubt it!

Tracy would have had his guts for garters.....

maroonlegions
Can you share your knowledge with us then, including the evidence that you personally have that he is a junkie. Because I rather suspect thats just a prejudiced label you've attached because of where he comes from and who he's played for ?

Could you also enlighten us with your own all-encompassing all embracing cosmopolitan views on some of societies minority groups ( Actually dont bother with that bit)

does not add up him being a junkie, for one cant see him risking his career and how long do certain drugs stay in the body's system just takes one drug test and he would be fecked.:rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

John Robertson's brother was already playing for Hearts when we signed him - their other brother George? was a big Hibby and Robbo had these tendencies as a kid however I'll wager that Robbo's family are nowhere near as trailer trash $cum as Deeks family & friends and there is no way that Robertson EVER HATED HEARTS in the same way that Riordan and all his family & friends DO.

and that makes him worse than the whole of robbos singing

shoot zemmama, shoot shoot zemmama

and the dean shiels he's only got one eye.

**** of the earth dont let them into tynie and god forbid deek coming to hearts cos of that

So you'd want someone who has been outed as a racist at Hearts?

What a strange point of view.

Neither of the songs you mentioned are racist, the one 'Deek' sang was.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you're calling me a racist.

Because if you were, I'd need proof of my racist tendencies :rolleyes:

Robbo went to the occasional Hibs home game with his Hibs supporting brother.

He didnt tie a scarf round his neck, jump on a supporters bus and follow them round Scotland.

the question is - Is Riordan professional and mature enough to get past his Hibs ties and be able to handle the stick if he was to put 3 past them on derby day?

Personally, 2 years ago NO

Now, well Im still unsure!

IMO he is worth the risk! Whats the worst that can happen - he can mess up his career as a footballer when we ditch him and be dis owned by hibs fans and his family for pulling on a hearts top.

Seeing his character and attitude first hand when out in Edinburgh, we do not need the man.

We do, however, need the player.

Riordan leaves nightclubs with a bouncer on each arm.

Have you seen some of the birds in Subway West End, you'd probably rather have the bouncers on the arm!

Have you seen some of the birds in Subway West End, you'd probably rather have the bouncers on the arm!

ONce you've been in the Subway cowgate, you won't diss the West End one ever again :D

The Wicker Man

I'm not trying to defend Riordon in any way - but is the only evidence of him being a 'racist' that Youtube camera phone video?

I'm sure that many of us has been caught up in a 'sing-song' - but that doesn't make me homophobic/racist/xenophobic.

The only evidence of him being a racist is that video, yes.

There is however much evidence of him being a stupid ned, albeit a stupid ned who is very talented at football and earns much more money than me :(.

Well said mate.

Where did Robbo come via? Hibs!

Why such a fuss about riordan? After all Csaba wont sign him if he cant be a professional. Maybe he could be our next Robbo!

Give him a try, and if he cant be a professional, get him out but he's IMO worth a try!

I am happy to accept ratboy if he comes but to compare him to robbo is madness. :eek:

Drylaw Hearts

I hope you don't go into Robbos.

The place is full of people fitting the above description.

Commander Harris

am I the only one that finds the comparison between Robertson and Riordan sickening?

am I the only one that finds the comparison between Robertson and Riordan sickening?

No.

Anyway, it's all a bit pointless as - thankfully - Rhat Bhoy will be coming nowhere near Tynecastle.

Charlie-Brown

No not at all - it's nothing more than a lame excuse for those who are desperate for us to sign a striker regardless of who that person is.

Craig Gordons Gloves

There are certain players that no matter their record/skills i would never have accepted/accept playing in maroon. Riordan fits the bill of these along with players such as - (I'm not saying any of these would have ever happened)

Lennon

Ferguson (Barry)

McManus, Murray and every other fud from that team

There are probably more - and despite all the potential etc to score etc - Riordan is not what we need at this club. It's said that he could do well with discipline and that Csaba is good with that, however, Riordan IMO would just not get it.

Seeing Riordan in a Hearts jersey would be a ****ing insult.

Who would REALLY want to see someone who has a pure hatred for the club play for us?

Good points mate. You - like me - mix with proper Hearts fans. As you know, every one of them finds the thought of Rhat Bhoy joining us morally unacceptable. Fortunately it won't happen but I find it repugnant that some (so called) Hearts fans are creaming their boxers at the thought that he might. :o

Seeing his character and attitude first hand when out in Edinburgh, we do not need the man.

We do, however, need the player.

As Hearts fans we wont ever need to be in his distasteful social circle. All we'll get to do is see him as a Hearts player for 90 minutes once a week. What he does outwith those 90 minutes is of as much concern as what YOU, or anyone else, does outwith those 90 minutes.......NONE !!

As Hearts fans we wont ever need to be in his distasteful social circle. All we'll get to do is see him as a Hearts player for 90 minutes once a week. What he does outwith those 90 minutes is of as much concern as what YOU, or anyone else, does outwith those 90 minutes.......NONE !!

As with any company, the behaviour of their employees reflects on the company itself. I found the appointment of Rix repugnant and I'd feel the same about Rhat Bhoy, as would the vast majority of the Hearts support.

ArthurScargill

To be honest if he does sign for us, I cannot see him going out in Edinburgh for a long long time...he will need to completely change his 'distasteful social circle'...so that shouldn't really be an issue.

Perhaps not, but it gives us plenty of valid reasons to doubt his attitude and his professionalism. Both of which would undoubtedly affect the way he performs for us or anyone else. There's no smoke without fire and his antics have been well documented.

For the record, I think he'd be a great signing for us and I wouldn't mind it at all...assuming he might have grown up a little and realised that his future as a footballer depends on how he performs at his next club. I think he might be worth the gamble, but I can fully understand why others are doubtful. I've seen him and his cronies in action plenty of times (and I don't mean on the pitch) and I don't like him one little bit, but he IS a goalscorer...and in purely footballing terms, I think he could be a good signing for us. Or Hibs. Or whoever....

Good points mate. You - like me - mix with proper Hearts fans. As you know, every one of them finds the thought of Rhat Bhoy joining us morally unacceptable. Fortunately it won't happen but I find it repugnant that some (so called) Hearts fans are creaming their boxers at the thought that he might. :o

what is a proper hearts fan. always get confused with this comment.....

Back on the sunbject ow about rat boy Riordan.

I would be delighted if he signed for Hearts the main reason being -

the meltdown at Easter Road.

Can you imagine if Robbo had went to Easter Rd when he came back from Newcastle (please note that Riordan is no-where near his class). But this is how bad the Hibees will feel if he signs for us.

Chris Benoit

Can you imagine if Robbo had went to Easter Rd when he came back from Newcastle (please note that Riordan is no-where near his class). But this is how bad the Hibees will feel if he signs for us.

First post comparing Robbo and ratboy that doesn't pish me off and must say i agree 100% would be worth signing him just to see their combined greeting and gnashing of (remaining) teeth :107years:

i ve been thinking the same he signs for us. scores 15+ a season. the messiah does not return home. both bonuses.

he signs for them scores goals for them against us. also lifts the team spirit both not good for us.

robbo signing for hibs would have drove me nuts.........

Exactly my view on the whole saga, unfortunately I doubt it will happen.

does not add up him being a junkie, for one cant see him risking his career and how long do certain drugs stay in the body's system just takes one drug test and he would be fecked.:rolleyes:

Coke only stays in your body for about 2 days mate. MOD EDIT. The boys a fud we dont need him.

I hope you don't go into Robbos.

The place is full of people fitting the above description.

Do you drink in Robbo's to have first hand experience of this or are you just going on whats been said on an internet forum? Robbo's isn't FULL of Racist junkies.

He will not be a jambo come monday

what is a proper hearts fan. always get confused with this comment.....

Agree. And this is coming from the one who is always blowing his trumpet about how football is a simple game etc etc *yawn*

You follow your club, you want them to win. A fan.

He's just up on his high horse blowing off hot air as usual.

Drylaw Hearts
Do you drink in Robbo's to have first hand experience of this or are you just going on whats been said on an internet forum? Robbo's isn't FULL of Racist junkies.

I have been in Robbo's several times.

I have heard several unsavoury chants in there and only a fool would think that Robbo's is a drug free pub.

Archived