Apprenticeship or Jobs?

tynie1874

looking for an apprenticeship or a general job dunno where to work in general but all will be considered.

i'm 15 got my national insurance a few weeks ago got a few jobs on my cv already working part-time i was.

worked in

Cash Generator Dalry Road

Abn Joinery for 10weeks(work experience)

Cj's Cafe Dalry Road

get back to me on what u could offer or where would the best place to look for a job.

cheers.

MY CV LINK - http://rapidshare.com/files/131006604/CV.rtf.html

suicidalpostie

you have to kinnda know what you want to do mate

your 15 are you lookin for this job to be your chosen

career or are you just lookin for some fast cash have

a serious think about this cause its a big decision if i

could do it again i would travel then look at further

education cause now im in a sheeite job that just

keeps gettin worse by the day

:torture::torture::torture:

The Comedian

Is Kickback really the place to be job hunting? I'd say not.

First find out what you want to do and start from there. I'm a apprentice myself so I could help you If you like.

Have a look at Reed consultancy if you get desperate, they can usually sort you out with office jobs etc, they did for my brother.

If you're think apprenticeship, did you enjoy the carpentry / joinery stuff you did? Try to go for something you enjoy, or at least are interested in. That will make your job a whole lot more bearable if it ever gets a bit ****e from time to time.

The main thing is that you enjoy what you do. If you don't, why the hell are you still there if you're not looking for anything else?

Sergio Garcia
looking for an apprenticeship or a general job dunno where to work in general but all will be considered.

i'm 15 got my national insurance a few weeks ago got a few jobs on my cv already working part-time i was.

worked in

Cj's Cafe Dalry Road

get back to me on what u could offer or where would the best place to look for a job.

cheers.

Hey,

This is not a dig, more constructive criticism but if you do hope to find a job on here, I would try and avoid the text speak (ie; u instead of you) and write in proper sentances, paragraphs etc.

Only saying this as my little cousin was constantly moaning that she couldn't find a job and asked me to help her out. I took one look at her cover emails/letters and this is exactly what she had been doing. One quick rewrite by me and she received a few interviews within a week.

Remember first impressions do count when looking for work and employers need to try and whittle down the numbers when it comes to choosing the suitable candidate, so don't give them any excuse for dismissing you straight away.

As others have said, agencies seem to be the place to go at moment for most jobs,unless you get lucky and can get directly into a company.

Hope this helps, give me a shout if you want me to look over any cover letters/cvs etc as I do know a bit about what employers are looking for.

E_L

heartsfc_fan

worked in

Cj's Cafe Dalry Road

cheers.

Your CV has all the relevant info. I'm actually a student in 3rd year uni working in an office for a year. I had to send my CV off to companies (some larger companies like RBS, Scottish exec etc).

I tell you the first thing that someone looks at in your CV is your personal profile (i.e. the first bit that you write at the top).

Instead of listing: "I like working as a team"

"I like learning new things" etc etc

Put it in a little paragraph (a wee story of yourself), and mention what you have recently done/or are doing at the moment:

For example (made this up):

Currently, I am studying in 5th year at high school after successfully passing my exams in the summer.

I am a very determined person, who likes to learn new things through life and I always aim to get things finished efficiently to a high standard.

Interacting with other people is something I enjoy, and thrive when working as a team. I can also adapt to work on my own when required.

Something along the lines of that. Hope that helps

heartsfc_fan
One more wee tip - for your CV, lose that email address and get yourself a proper [email protected] type one.

You don't want to alienate half the city before they've got past your personal details.

Very true actually. I forgot to mention that

av got another one but it's not my forename and surname. it's alot shorter than what i currently have.

I've worked in a bank for almost 7 years, since I was 18, if I could do it all over again, I would have got myself into a trade like plumbing/gas engineer.

Have a couple of mates who done it and are now in good local companies earning good ???. I'm stuck on my fixed monthly income with no overtime or homers. Not good when your strapped for cash..

Try and get a job on the rigs. Once you have a bit of experience, the money is brilliant and the world is your oyster.

av got another one but it's not my forename and surname. it's alot shorter than what i currently have.

But does it make you appear like a grown adult, or a daft wee laddie? As other posters have said, first impressions are everything.

it's [email protected] used it for years. for important things like family emails talking to professional footballers like patrick kisnorbo alan maybury and calum of course.

erm i dunno i'll make one just to be sure just means i've got to look at 3 emails which is already hard considering i only look at one just now.

it's [email protected] used it for years. for important things like family emails talking to professional footballers like patrick kisnorbo alan maybury and calum of course.

erm i dunno i'll make one just to be sure just means i've got to look at 3 emails which is already hard considering i only look at one just now.

If that's too difficult, maybe best hold off joining the world of work for a while, methinks.

i theres other things i would like to get into aswell involving computers things like that but i wasn't sure whether or not to put that on my cv i can type to a considerate rate per minute which is good for admin jobs i suppose.

but all will be revealed

Your CV needs a bit of a re-think. But it has all the basics which is a good start. Re-wording it to a more advanced level is always good. Here is my Personal Profile that I made before deciding to go back to school.

I am a seventeen year old school leaver currently employed part-time but seeking a full-time placement. When challenged and placed under pressure I can perform to my best abilities in order to reach set targets. I am an extremely conscientious and hardworking individual and I aim to develop these skills to a further level. During my current employment I have proven both my capability to work in a team and the competence required to work individually.

i can type to a considerate rate per minute

Noticed that on your CV as well. (Note: please don't think I'm having a go, or being hyper-critical, we are really, really trying to help.)

"Considerate" isn't the word you are looking for. "Considerate" means showing kindly awareness or regard for another's feelings, circumstances, etc.: Maybe you were thinking of "considerable"?

Anyway, rephrase it as "Fast, accurate keyboard skills". Might be worth considering something in data entry or call centre work. Remember, you've got lots of opportunities to change your career ahead of you - you will not be stuck with what you choose to do at age 15. Wherever you can get a start, try it. It's all experience, you may love it, or it may mean you swear never to do that kind of job again.

Archived