Airdrie Goal

Jacko72

Does anyone other than me think the ball was over the line after striking the bar. Thought i had a pretty good view. Thankfully the linesman and ref were miles away.

I thought it had crossed the line. Ref and assist were to far back to tell imo.

Airdrie hard done by there, but genuine mistake by ref / assist imo.

Looked a good strike. Think thats what we needed tonight, somebody to get the laces through it. Apart from Obua, and we know what happened then.:eek:

Thought so too mate...

did it take a huge deflection or was it just a decent strike ?

From Section B it looked the clearest of goals. Surprised there was so little reaction from the Airdrie players.

loveofthegame
Thought so too mate...

did it take a huge deflection or was it just a decent strike ?

Looked like a great strike from where i was sitting, don't think it took a deflection.

Sitting in Section A, it certainly seemed to come down just over the line then screw back. Those around me looked at each other then kept very quiet. Justice was probably done in the end.

Good quality strike and definately over the line. Sit in Section B and can almost say it was 100% over. Shame it didnt count, would have saved us the bother of extra time and pens.

Guest JamboRobbo
Sitting in Section A, it certainly seemed to come down just over the line then screw back. Those around me looked at each other then kept very quiet. Justice was probably done in the end.

I was in section a also, and it definately looked in IMO. We'd certainly have been complaining if we'd not have gotten a goal for that.....

Ditto.

Think I was probably one of those folk!

I was in section a also, and it definately looked in IMO. We'd certainly have been complaining if we'd not have gotten a goal for that.....

These things even themselves out over the season :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have often seen Hearts get the decisions over smaller teams and NEVER against the OF. I think theres a culture in Scottish refereeing of always giving the biggest team the benefit of all the 50/50's and even the 40/60's. Bunch of spineless tosspots.

portobellojambo1

I sit in the back row of Section E and admit that without my glasses my long distance sight ain't the best in the world, and even I thought it was clearly a goal. In a way it is actually unfortunate that the referee/linesman were not sufficiently up with play to make the call, because in a roundabout way going a goal behind then might have been the wake up call we needed, and may have changed the way the game panned out. But it is all history now.

Definatly a goal... loved it how everyone in sections A and B just sat, looked at each other, murmoured a little and went 'thank feck'!

The Old Tolbooth

I couldn't believe that it wasn't awarded, I'm in section T of the main stand and was looking down on top of it when it came down, VERY CLEARLY over the line. Airdrie were definitely hard done to there as it was a lovely strike by the lad.

section c, row 26, as clear a goal as it could be. It was a sweet sweet strike, and if Airdrie had lost more terrible stick would have been in store for the ref!

Definatly a goal... loved it how everyone in sections A and B just sat, looked at each other, murmoured a little and went 'thank feck'!

Yeah I was in section A too and it started off with 'oh ya *******' and ended with 'Well done Linesman' :)

Buffalo Bill

Section B

A Clear goal and I now wish it had been awarded.

Buffalo Bill

Section B

Buffalo Bill

I never wish for a goal to be awarded against Hearts

Was in Section C, and just looked round in relief to everyone around me who were also sure it was in. Looked about a yard over the line to me!

Shame they never counted it, would have saved us the bother of et and pens

Era Macaroons

I think he means it would have forced us to go at them.

Section B

Buffalo Bill

me 2 i could have got a cargo for the train flat and been in my bed by know ****ed right off

I think he means it would have forced us to go at them.

we went at them all night mate, for 120 mins, and we were just not good enough! In fact even when we had free shots at goal from 12 yards out we fluffed our lines!

Ray Winstone

Could have sworn it crossed the line.

Luckily (at the time) the linesman could not keep up with the shot.

Buffalo Bill

The difference between us is hindsight.

I'm wrote my statement looking back over the game.

You're writing for the now, and for future.

If the goal had been given, we might not have gone on to suffer the ignomy of a penalty shootout defeat.

We might have even won.

Buffalo Bill

Was in Section A and it was well in. The linesmen are so bad as well - so slow they cant even keep up with the play.

Prob wish it had been given then we might of started to show some more fight at that stage and pushed further up.

Era Macaroons
we went at them all night mate, for 120 mins, and we were just not good enough! In fact even when we had free shots at goal from 12 yards out we fluffed our lines!

We 'went at them' for the last 5 mins of extra time , which created 2 good chances.

The rest of the game was generally pap pap pap with the odd guff shot.

I was further down than usual towards the front of section D although I moved around a lot because I was on my own and my pay-at-the-gate allocated seat was pretty much the worst you could get.

To me it looked like it was clearly over the line and my mate who sits up the back said the same.

Yep, was in section B tonight and all those round about thought it was well over. Might have kicked the team out of the idea that it was just a training game if it had been given... but probably not. With a few home grown exceptions they don't give the proverbial.

Section c front row , too hard to tell from such a low level but the feeling was it was a goal, had it been given i would not have complained. What a dire night... first game since last season and there seems to me that something still is not right...:sad:

132goals1958

I thought it was going to bounce up and hit the top of the net, but there must have been so much spin on the ball Kello had to dive forward to retrieve it. Had a good view from sectin B and my reckoning was that it was a yard over the line.

Does anyone other than me think the ball was over the line after striking the bar. Thought i had a pretty good view. Thankfully the linesman and ref were miles away.

It's a conspiracy against Airdrie.;)

Miller Jambo 60
defo a goal,

Well thats us equal

Remember Robbos goal against them in the big cup semi.

WAS WELL OVER.

TBH probably could have done with it being awarded, might have woken a few players up.

Or meant that we all could've gone home earlier.

Seymour M Hersh

Didn't look like one from section E but it was a really well hit shot. Goalie had no chance with it.

Archived