WELL DONE THE POLICE

ando

It's safer than nicking real villans.

What are real villians then?

Breaking the law is breaking the law whatever way you look at it.

I have stopped for 133 days now after smoking for ,,,eeeerrmm 44 years. It is the worst drug and most difficult to get away from. It LIES to you, it makes you lie to yourself, and make you selfish. I know, I can see it now. The more people are brassed off with it and by carping non-smokers, the better is the chance of saving a life or two. The constant carping (as well as people around dying of Cancer) worked for me. I am now more tolerant of smokers, but they DO, like me, need help to get off it!

Very good' date=' thanks for that, but when did i mention smoking in the 'old main stand' which i agree is a total no no as the floor is wooden

if you read my previous post i am talking about N2,

which is the enclosure and has a 'Concrete' floor and as i stated would be very difficult to set alight![/quote']

Now you are denying that section N is in the old stand? What are the seats made of? Would it be possible for a lit cigarette to fall on a plastic seat?

Mate im from Edinburgh and as im sure you know most if not all pubs/cafes have ashtrays fixed outside on a wall, and as far as im aware you can smoke at any outside seating areas!

So, let me get this right, a pubs' smoking area is "the outside world"? By that rationale, Tynecastle's smoking section is Wheatfield street or MacLeod Street. Feel free to go there for your half time cigarette. :)

Ron Burgundy
What are real villians then?

Breaking the law is breaking the law whatever way you look at it.

Ok then,I'd say murderers,rapists,child abusers,robbers,and the like are probably a little bit higher up my list of people who I'd like to see brought to justice than someone having a fly puff at a football match.

Going by your reasoning police time spent cracking down on litter louts should be the same as for cracking down on the Gary Glitter's of the world.

It's a fag FFS.

And I don't even bloody smoke.

Ok then,I'd say murderers,rapists,child abusers,robbers,and the like are probably a little bit higher up my list of people who I'd like to see brought to justice than someone having a fly puff at a football match.Going by your reasoning police time spent cracking down on litter louts should be the same as for cracking down on the Gary Glitter's of the world.It's a fag FFS.And I don't even bloody smoke.
when your child comes back frightened because there is about 10-15 guys smoking in the toilet and he cant get in. would you want it stopped ?

Ron Burgundy
when your child comes back frightened because there is about 10-15 guys smoking in the toilet and he cant get in. would you want it stopped ?

Yes but if you read my post it was about what is worse in the grand scheme of things.It aint that big a deal IMO.

Anyway if your kid is scared of people smoking cigarettes then they shouldn't be going anywhere on their own.

Oh, so they call it 'smoking' these days ;)

Yes but if you read my post it was about what is worse in the grand scheme of things.It aint that big a deal IMO.

Anyway if your kid is scared of people smoking cigarettes then they shouldn't be going anywhere on their own.

this is a football match he cant use the toilet / cubicle for people smoking you talk of abuse... stopping a kid from using the toilet

Ok then,I'd say murderers,rapists,child abusers,robbers,and the like are probably a little bit higher up my list of people who I'd like to see brought to justice than someone having a fly puff at a football match.

Going by your reasoning police time spent cracking down on litter louts should be the same as for cracking down on the Gary Glitter's of the world.

It's a fag FFS.

And I don't even bloody smoke.

Correct.

And again.

because of the smokers I can't go to the bogs during HT (bloody asthma!) and so have to go just before half time.

Missed Moles goal because of it!

Now that's an effing crime!

Clark Griswold

Bottom line is...

There are smokers

They should be able to hold it in on 1.5 hours

They are at most times selfish(even tho they may not mean to be)

There is a law in place

It isnt asking alot to Respect it.

I am also someone who has to go during the game because i have asthma. Smoking is a disgusting habbit, which can cause one of the ugliest illnesses known to man, but it happens.

Tony

John Gentleman
Bottom line is...

There are smokers

They should be able to hold it in on 1.5 hours

They are at most times selfish(even tho they may not mean to be)

There is a law in place

It isnt asking alot to Respect it.

I am also someone who has to go during the game because i have asthma. Smoking is a disgusting habbit, which can cause one of the ugliest illnesses known to man, but it happens.

Tony

So there are 'pleasant' terminal illnesses, eh? I challenge you to name them.

Both of my parents died from lung cancer. Both of them were smokers, therefore it can be fairly assumed that their habits caused their demise. But, after diagnosis, I can assure you that their time left on earth was very short indeed (<3 months) in both cases. Since everything in modern life appears to be measured in expenditure it was at minimal cost to the NHS/Taxpayer. And very well offset by the duties/taxes on every packet of fags they bought too. The added bonus, of course, is that the Government didn't have to shell out on long-term OAP 'benefits'.

On the other hand, the HUGE costs of obesity, over-consumption of alcohol and other drugs have yet to be addressed fully. But fear not; once they've conquered the fags issue, their minds will hone in on the others.

Futuristic quote from neighbours in the Wheatfield, "I'm 11 stane, you must be aroond 17. Ah object to the fact that you're takin' up ma' real estate and whit's mair, ye' stink tae! Whit sort of example 'ur you settin' tae ma' bairns?".

That horizon is closer than many people think.

gorgie rd eh11

Missed this thread. To all you holier than thou non smokers, any of you ever broken the law? How about speeding, i'm sure that kills more bairns than having a fag in the bogs at Tynecastle does. And don't worry to much about the passive smoking, the heart and liver disease, from the pies and the bevvy will probably get you first. That's if some bam doesn't mow you down while speeding.

So there are 'pleasant' terminal illnesses, eh? I challenge you to name them.

Both of my parents died from lung cancer. Both of them were smokers, therefore it can be fairly assumed that their habits caused their demise. But, after diagnosis, I can assure you that their time left on earth was very short indeed (<3 months) in both cases. Since everything in modern life appears to be measured in expenditure it was at minimal cost to the NHS/Taxpayer. And very well offset by the duties/taxes on every packet of fags they bought too. The added bonus, of course, is that the Government didn't have to shell out on long-term OAP 'benefits'.

On the other hand, the HUGE costs of obesity, over-consumption of alcohol and other drugs have yet to be addressed fully. But fear not; once they've conquered the fags issue, their minds will hone in on the others.

Futuristic quote from neighbours in the Wheatfield, "I'm 11 stane, you must be aroond 17. Ah object to the fact that you're takin' up ma' real estate and whit's mair, ye' stink tae! Whit sort of example 'ur you settin' tae ma' bairns?".

That horizon is closer than many people think.

In America, obesity is such a growing problem that two thirds of the population will soon become four fifths.

Eumir Deodato

Miller Jambo 60
Bradford City, 11 May 1985

Nuff said

It was made of wood and loads of paper below.

Is that the best you can produce.

And fact i watched that horrific disaster live.

Will live with me till death.

TYNE is CONCRETE .

Sorry 3 stands are.

I cant believe that anyone thinks its a good idea to smoke in the main stand at Tynecastle. The stand is an odl wooden structure that could go up like a bonfire. Smoking in that stand - anywhere in that stand - is stupid. One stray fag end and there could be a serious fire - imagine trying to get out of those tiny exits in the upper section if there was a fire and everyone was in a panic. Not smoking in the Main stand has nothing to do with 'pc gone mad' or even the right or wrong of the smoking ban but everything to do with the safety of 3000 or so Hearts fans in that stand.

Missed this thread. To all you holier than thou non smokers, any of you ever broken the law? How about speeding, i'm sure that kills more bairns than having a fag in the bogs at Tynecastle does. And don't worry to much about the passive smoking, the heart and liver disease, from the pies and the bevvy will probably get you first. That's if some bam doesn't mow you down while speeding.

2 wrongs do not make a right.

It was made of wood and loads of paper below.

Is that the best you can produce.

And fact i watched that horrific disaster live.

Will live with me till death.

TYNE is CONCRETE .

Sorry 3 stands are.

Which stand is wooden? Oh aye, it's the stand that the OP originally stated in the thread!

Miller Jambo, why does your wife smoke in the garden?

Which stand is wooden? Oh aye, it's the stand that the OP originally stated in the thread!

Miller Jambo, why does your wife smoke in the garden?

Only if he doesn't use smokeless cole.................

Now you are denying that section N is in the old stand? Did i ,please remind when i said so!What are the seats made of? Would it be possible for a lit cigarette to fall on a plastic seat?

Who mentioned smoking at your seat or in the seating area? we are talking about the areas near the toilets and at the turnstiles exit/entrance!!

So, let me get this right, a pubs' smoking area is "the outside world"?:eek: By that rationale, Tynecastle's smoking section is Wheatfield street or MacLeod Street. Feel free to go there for your half time cigarette.

WTF!! 'The outside world'' permitted smoking areas in pubs and clubs ie an area not enclosed and with adequate ventilation (natural or mechanical)

Archived