Simon Darcourt has a point...

JWL

Exclusively for anyone who has read Christopher Brookmyres latest novel, wouldn't you like to do exactly what he does to the plastic pop svengali ****** detailed in the aforementioned tome.

Exclusively for anyone who has read Christopher Brookmyres latest novel, wouldn't you like to do exactly what he does to the plastic pop svengali ****** detailed in the aforementioned tome.

Oh yes!!!

TBH - the Dacourt bits are the best ones in the book. It is a good read but he's written better.

Was given 2 C.Brookmyre novels a couple of weeks ago,' Country of the Blind ' & 'Be my Enemy' . Have not got round to reading yet, decent or what? My Auntie thinks they're brilliant, what's your opo & which to read 1st?...CHEERS.

Was given 2 C.Brookmyre novels a couple of weeks ago,' Country of the Blind ' & 'Be my Enemy' . Have not got round to reading yet, decent or what? My Auntie thinks they're brilliant, what's your opo & which to read 1st?...CHEERS.

Read Country of the Blind first as the two books have the same character in them, but you should really go back and read them in order as they are all interlinked one way or another. However if you only have those two just now Country of the Blind is as good a start as anything, cracking read, enjoy.

Read Country of the Blind first as the two books have the same character in them, but you should really go back and read them in order as they are all interlinked one way or another. However if you only have those two just now Country of the Blind is as good a start as anything, cracking read, enjoy.

When did you become an intellectual? :o

Brookmyre is awesome.

Simon Dacourt's opening rant about Aberdeen in A Big Boy Did It And Ran Away is sublime.

That was the first Brookmyre book that I read.

I then went back and did the rest of them in order. I was absolutely lost when I finished them all and didn't know what to do with myself. (So I read all of Carl Hiaasen's books).

I now wait with baited breath when a new one comes out but I enjoy them so much they usually only last a couple of days.

The latest one is pretty good. Not one of my favourites but still very decent.

My two favourites are "Attack Of The Unsinkable Rubber Ducks" and "One Fine Day In The Middle Of The Night".

If you want a wee introduction to him, this short story on his website is great:

http://www.brookmyre.co.uk/short1.htm

Also check out "Playground Football" which has done the rounds on KB before.

Brookmyre is awesome.

Simon Dacourt's opening rant about Aberdeen in A Big Boy Did It And Ran Away is sublime.

That was the first Brookmyre book that I read.

I then went back and did the rest of them in order. I was absolutely lost when I finished them all and didn't know what to do with myself. (So I read all of Carl Hiaasen's books).

I now wait with baited breath when a new one comes out but I enjoy them so much they usually only last a couple of days.

The latest one is pretty good. Not one of my favourites but still very decent.

My two favourites are "Attack Of The Unsinkable Rubber Ducks" and "One Fine Day In The Middle Of The Night".

If you want a wee introduction to him, this short story on his website is great:

http://www.brookmyre.co.uk/short1.htm

Also check out "Playground Football" which has done the rounds on KB before.

OFDITMON is absolute class, laugh out loud reading, especiall the Matt Black sit com with the Rangers and Celtic families, sheer genius.

There are some rather worrying folk on this forum if you know about brookmyre's Darcourt scale of sanity that he goes on about

There are some rather worrying folk on this forum if you know about brookmyre's Darcourt scale of sanity that he goes on about

Simon Darcourt is/was (still not convinced he is dead) a very troubled individual and clearly insane, however, he was willing to let this Simon Cowell/Pete Waterman creation die a horrible death, thumbs up to him there, and not forgetting that we missed out on a wee bit of Lorraine Kelly/ Posh Spice girl on girl action if Zal Innez hadn't decided to play hero again.:mad:

OFDITMON is absolute class, laugh out loud reading, especiall the Matt Black sit com with the Rangers and Celtic families, sheer genius.

My favourite part was when the mercenaries from either side of the NI divide that were meant to be working together, started fighting with all the weapons, and they ended up chasing the highland cow round the field because one of the guys that met a sticky end had managed to get his head impaled on the cow's horn.

My favourite part was when the mercenaries from either side of the NI divide that were meant to be working together, started fighting with all the weapons, and they ended up chasing the highland cow round the field because one of the guys that met a sticky end had managed to get his head impaled on the cow's horn.

Or the part where Inspector McGregor is trying to flag down a passing car with a severed arm in his hand.:)

Cheers for that JWL, will give cob a go shortly. Wonder if 'Therapist would agree ?! :rolleyes:

Archived