Comments on Obua

dodger_84

Miller Jambo 60
For a debut and supposed to be not match fit, thought he had a fine game.

Was on the left of midfield in the first half. Cant recall him wasting a ball and was more of a drifter inside the park than taking on his man and getting to the byeline. In fact, cant think of many times he did take on a man.

Second half went to LB after a couple of mins when Wallace was hooked. Looked more at home on the left of the defence and again never wasted a ball and tracked back well - He actually made some fantastic passes all the way through the game. Lovely touch.

Think LB is his better position on what I seen today. Other posters may see it different though.

Legs like matchsticks wants a few fish suppers.

Like the guy good direction and pace.

WE ARE BACK THE HIBS ARE ****:107years::107years:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
winston churchill

he had a solid 90 minutes,a great range of passing and he will offer even more when he his match fit.

Looks quality to me. So comfortable on the ball., never gave it away all day long. Any time they tried to press him, he looked so composed. I think he'll do a job in the hole rather than out wide though.

I agree,we just need a decent striker now. Hopefully the Great Dane when fit.

Ray Winstone

Good debut.

With ball at feet he was able to get himself out of trouble and I dont think he wasted one pass.

At LB he looked a bit dodgy - he doesnt look like he can header the ball and is not comfortable in the tackle.

Definitely a prospect for LM or just behind the striker as he seems to like playing with his back to goal which means he will be able to link up with the midfield.

Not the answer to our LB situation.

Let's just give him a few weeks to get fit, gain match fitness, learn about other teams and players as well as our own and adjust to a new country before we judge him -- we have signed him for 4 years so a month or so to adjust is not too much to ask.

PS I remember watching Fuller debut and for the first couple of games he was poor -- what a mis-judgement that turned out to be.

MS scored the first penalty - why should Csaba change it ?

Because the goalie almost got it. The fact that he got the second proves my point. At the very least someone else -not necessarily Obua- should have taken it.

Look, David Obua is NOT a defender. Only desperate teams field him in that position. He has never played as a defender for Uganda, but did so for Kaiser Chiefs out of desperation. No sane coach would dare play him as a defender unless the conditions warranted it. He is an excellent penalty taker and should have taken the second penalty. Above all, p'se note this, David Obua is invaluable against big opponents. He almost always rises to the occassion against the big guys but coasts against average competition. If he had made his debut against the Rangers he would have scored a spectacular goal.

Calm doon pal. Defender or not he should have been more alert. It should have been natural to sense danger in that area.

Drylaw Hearts
You'd better let him know how important the Hibs game is. Otherwise....

What concerns me is Csaba knows Obua's strengths and weakness. Why didn't he let him take the 2nd penalty? He is one of the best penalty takers around. His free kicks are decent too. Csaba should grow a spine.

They're both shiiiite.

Archived