KLF - Legends

vegas-voss

Great band, matched only by their ability to set fire to large quantities of dosh.

chester copperpot
Great band, matched only by their ability to set fire to large quantities of dosh.

Hehe, or stick it up their hooters to be fair.

Their justified and their ancient and they drive an ice-cream van !!!!!!

bring out the JAMMS !!!!!!!

chester copperpot
Their justified and their ancient and they drive an ice-cream van !!!!!!

bring out the JAMMS !!!!!!!

Listening to Last Train to Transcentral as we speak :).

Whoo whoo.

listening to some of the KLF remixes on you tube just now but none of them seem to give the same sound that they did back in the early nineties.

The Pure Trance mix of Last Train to Trancentral is brilliant but it just doesn't sound right through the computer.

For those interested, I believe that Bill Drummond will be in Waterstones at the West End quite soon. I think its a Q&A Session followed by a book signing.

I read a while ago that at their last ever gig one of them was planning on cutting off his hand during it. Cant remember his reason for not going through with it though.

Poof.

I had in my grubby mits a white label of "Whitney Houston joins the Jamms" got it in the "Barley Bree" on Morrisson St lost it in "Magnolia Peach" on Morrison St, or between there, I wonder if Gary Mackay has a copy, but it was the only thing I liked the skanky crack whore on.

The Jamms & KLF were great

For those interested, I believe that Bill Drummond will be in Waterstones at the West End quite soon. I think its a Q&A Session followed by a book signing.

That will be for his new book 17 I think.

His older book 45 is a very interesting read.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/45-Bill-Drummond/dp/0316853852/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219733367&sr=8-5

I went down to the Barbican in London to see them. One of the barmiest, surreal nights of my life.

Still can't make up my mind if they were deadly serious or were taking the ****.

Good thread.

Bill Drummond's solo album, 'The Man' is worth tracking down. He sings it in a demented Highland accent. It got a lot of notice at the time for the track 'Julian Cope Is Dead' which was writen in response to Cope's song 'Bill Drummond Said' (which is superb). I'm quite taken with the cover of Dusty Springfield's 'Going Back', again in a mad Scottish accent.

I'm not sure (nudge, nudge) but I think you might be able to find it to download. Completely legally of course. ;)

That will be for his new book 17 I think.

His older book 45 is a very interesting read.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/45-Bill-Drummond/dp/0316853852/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219733367&sr=8-5

45's a great read....

Chill Album is quality... wasnt that made from samples from his other stuff... had many a twisted night listening to that after some performance enhancers.

Chill Album is quality... wasnt that made from samples from his other stuff... had many a twisted night listening to that after some performance enhancers.

Amongst other stuff. Including Elvis doing "In The Ghetto" and some other crazy stuff.

Marshallschunkychicken,

Pick up Chill Out buddy, it is a gem. It looks a little something like this...

img398.jpg

We have the likes of The Beatles and Led Zep constantly mentioned as greats but surely these nutters have to be defined as absolute legends as well after all music is not just about a couple of guitars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCffmgIC3WY

Im sure they will be legends in MOO MOO Land.

marshallschunkychicken
Amongst other stuff. Including Elvis doing "In The Ghetto" and some other crazy stuff.

Marshallschunkychicken,

Pick up Chill Out buddy, it is a gem. It looks a little something like this...

img398.jpg

Cheers,

'Acquiring' it as I type this...

Archived