Hearts clarify TV report

edgaras

So can we assume now that everything printed in the papers or said on the telly about Hearts is true unless its rubbished on the website a couple of hours later ?

It is rather an odd interview when you watch the full thing on Hearts TV.

The journo opens it up with "When Mr Romanov signed you"...

and then goes on to talk about his (Kello) fellow countrymen (i.e Lithuanian). The journo does correct himself but the intention from the start is clear from the journo. I am not surprised that the Slovakian boy gets confused (At one point he responds to a question about the length of his contract by saying that he "has a girlfriend") so therefore I would not read too much in to this.

However, the point that (for me) was 100% clear is that the player came to Scotland without one word with Csaba. However, they have spoken about what is expected from him since he got here....not sure if this is unusual or not? Perhaps not though if Csaba is not in charge of contract negotiations, etc...

It probably is worth a follow up from Hearts, as they have done, as the use of the word "Manager" was taken 100% out of context on the news. However, I do agree with Le Chat in some ways...this was a very quick response to a misunderstanding and an attempt by Hearts to clear this up...can we expect this everytime from now on?

Got a text from a fellow Jambo saying that the club is in turmoil again after todays press conferance! Am I missing something, everyone knows Vlad sanctioned the move from Kaunus and maybe Csaba didn't want him but at the end of the day its only a problem if the guy is a mare and Csaba is forced to play him, who knows he might even turn out good. Either it was no shock to me and its clear those weegie fecks have edited it to look worse. Hardly a day of turmoil C'mon the jt's

Got a text from a fellow Jambo saying that the club is in turmoil again after todays press conferance! Am I missing something, everyone knows Vlad sanctioned the move from Kaunus and maybe Csaba didn't want him but at the end of the day its only a problem if the guy is a mare and Csaba is forced to play him, who knows he might even turn out good. Either it was no shock to me and its clear those weegie fecks have edited it to look worse. Hardly a day of turmoil C'mon the jt's

I've heard something similar.

All is not rosy add something smells.

Manger/ Coach/ Dictator - Who knows/cares, been there done that bought the T shirt, I'm giving up the will to live now...........

rudi must stay
They were not so quick to clarify things with the Banks situation were they!

that's the worrying thing. Atleast they have responded to this though

The Chinchilla
It is rather an odd interview when you watch the full thing on Hearts TV.

The journo opens it up with "When Mr Romanov signed you"...

and then goes on to talk about his (Kello) fellow countrymen (i.e Lithuanian). The journo does correct himself but the intention from the start is clear from the journo. I am not surprised that the Slovakian boy gets confused (At one point he responds to a question about the length of his contract by saying that he "has a girlfriend") so therefore I would not read too much in to this.

However, the point that (for me) was 100% clear is that the player came to Scotland without one word with Csaba. However, they have spoken about what is expected from him since he got here....not sure if this is unusual or not? Perhaps not though if Csaba is not in charge of contract negotiations, etc...

It probably is worth a follow up from Hearts, as they have done, as the use of the word "Manager" was taken 100% out of context on the news. However, I do agree with Le Chat in some ways...this was a very quick response to a misunderstanding and an attempt by Hearts to clear this up...can we expect this everytime from now on?

He does get led down the garden path by the journalists (I use the term loosely!). It is pretty obvious at one point when he is clearly talking of the manager as being his agent. Not sure there is much in this and certainly Marian Kello being signed by Romanov (even if it is the case) is pretty insignificant compared to things which have happened in the past!

Cardiac Rucksack

Your usual gutter journalism looking for a story to break tomorrow morning. Having acces to so much information is both a hindarance and a blessing these days, every microscopic detail is picked over and rehashed so you dont know where your going.:sad:

Your usual gutter journalism looking for a story to break tomorrow morning. Having acces to so much information is both a hindarance and a blessing these days, every microscopic detail is picked over and rehashed so you dont know where your going.:sad:

The whole thing is a deliberate media ploy to undermine Csaba who they see as a big threat to their cosy, sycophantic, arse licking, self pleasuring relationship with all things Old Firm.

STV news this evening spent 10 minutes drooling and fawning over the latest happenings at Ibrox and Parkhead and for the second Friday in a row had a thirty second report concentrating on the 'Csaba/Romanov rift', ignoring the more topical fact that David Obua is in line for his debut. But, there you go...

Csaba (and Romanov) will have the last laugh and he who laughs last laughs longest.

They were not so quick to clarify things with the Banks situation were they!

Laszlo Rubbishes Interference Claims

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo insists he is happy with what he claims was a joint decision to demote Steve Banks from first-choice goalkeeper to youth team keeping coach.

Laszlo dismissed suggestions majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov had interfered and claimed Banks was happy with his new post.

Banks, 36, started the Clydesdale Bank Premier League season as number one, a position he combined with coaching duties last season.

Laszlo had told Banks he could not continue both roles but he was then handed the junior position after Romanov reportedly branded him "untrustworthy".

Youngster Jamie MacDonald started in goal in the 2-0 defeat by Rangers last week with new signing from Kaunas, Marian Kello, on the bench.

Hearts this week appointed Arturas Ramoska, another former Kaunas keeper, as first-team goalkeeping coach and are now looking to bring in 25-year-old Hungarian keeper Janos Balogh from Debrecen.

The fate of Banks sparked fears Romanov is still making major football decisions but Laszlo stressed there was unity at Tynecastle.

"We make the decision together, I'm happy with the decision," he said.

"We have harmony. To be successful, you can't only make nice decisions.

"You have popular decisions and unpopular decisions.

"If the manager of a big company must put 200 people out of work, but if you don't you could lose 2,000 jobs, then it's an unpopular decision but for the other 2,000 its popular."

Laszlo told reporters: "I don't go into your family and ask why you're divorced from your wife - that's your problem. We make the decision and it's finished."

The Romanian-born coach, who was an hour late for the media conference after going for a jog in the woods, insisted Banks was made aware of an impending demotion in pre-season.

"In Germany, I told Steve Banks we were looking for a new goalkeeper," Laszlo said.

"We must also make decisions about the youth teams. He is 37 years old, his career is not going up, it's going slow, slow, finished.

"He is the goalkeeping coach for the youth team, what is the problem? You can't play until you're 48.

"I'm happy with the decision, Steve Banks is happy with the decision. He has a contract, I think he is happy, but ask Steve."

The Tynecastle boss also hit back at claims Romanov had made the decision to sign Kello, who helped Kaunas knock Rangers out of the Champions League qualifiers.

"I saw Marian Kello against Rangers and now Marian is here," Laszlo said.

"He is a good goalkeeper."

The former Ferencvaros manager was in Lithuania this week for talks with Romanov but he insisted they were routine.

"I took the time to go and speak to him," he said. "This is harmony. We talked about the problems, we know what we have to do.

"What will keep the spirit is if we win tomorrow."

Im glad Hearts have came out and said what they have.

Things will never be perfect at Hearts but the press and a few Hearts fans on here cannot wait until the word 'crisis' raises it's ugly head.

What matters to me is that we beat that shower of F U Dz from Paisley tomorrow and move on to next week's 'crisis'.

Jambof3tornado

Csaba really does talk the talk. Fingers crossed for more signs of him walking the walk tomorrow(whoever he picks to go in goals).

Indeed....the whole thing (Csaba and Kello) lasts about twenty minutes and at least fifteen of that is the same question about Banks being repeated again and again and again...

Looks to me as though they didn't get the required sound bite on the first few goes so they keep going until they got one that they could twist....

Bottom line for me....I don't care if Romanov brings players into the squad, we have a feeder club system....I do care if Romanov is forcing Csaba to put players in the first team...

Nothing has happened today, or since Csaba arrived to suggest that this is the case...

Like Csaba I am looking forward to tomorow...!

The press is full of ****. Hate them all.
Same here mate,stopped buying the papers a few weeks back when i saw the weegie press yet AGAIN not say a bad word about David Murray when Rangers were put out the CL

monkfish1979
Like Csaba I am looking forward to tomorow...!

Word. Listening to the BBC interview, you can tell that the journos are seeping into their boxers at the prospect of a crisis at Tynecastle. Cringeworthy, and a complete farce of a press conference.

They only seemed to succeed in ****ing Csaba off. Hope he's suitably fired up for tomorrow.

monkfish1979
It's not the press that are full of bull,it's Hearts. And we call the wee team deluded!

SpeakOutChickYoung.jpg

So can we assume now that everything printed in the papers or said on the telly about Hearts is true unless its rubbished on the website a couple of hours later ?

That's my worry. I'm hoping in this case its a PR experiment :(

SpeakOutChickYoung.jpg

time will tell, and history certainly tells me that it's Romanov that's full off bull. This site is incredible, Romanov rules, Romanov sucks, repeat to fade

monkfish1979
time will tell, and history certainly tells me that it's Romanov that's full off bull. This site is incredible, Romanov rules, Romanov sucks, repeat to fade

I'm not forming any strong opinions on Vlad until later this season, because, despite the hysteria, I can't see why so many positive steps would be taken only for them to be ruined a few weeks later. Stranger things have happened - especially to us.

To say the media aren't full of it, however, is (IMO) a ludicrous statement. The majority of them wouldn't be able to give you an accurate definition of the word "report" if their lives depended on it.

I'm not forming any strong opinions on Vlad until later this season, because, despite the hysteria, I can't see why so many positive steps would be taken only for them to be ruined a few weeks later. Stranger things have happened - especially to us.

To say the media aren't full of it, however, is (IMO) a ludicrous statement. The majority of them wouldn't be able to give you an accurate definition of the word "report" if their lives depended on it.

Many positive steps, many inexplicable and bizarre steps. I'd love to believe by the way!

monkfish1979
Many positive steps, many inexplicable and bizarre steps. I'd love to believe by the way!

It's not so much believing as suspending one's disbelief.......

I wonder why the press don't 'press' so much with the OF? Like Csaba says,for God's sake, let's stick to the football. The guy seems to have MV's blessing for full power. I can see the press peeing him off. What a load of crap aimed at him and a totally confused goalie (who no doubt was expecting - "are you hoping to play tomorrow" sort of stuff!). Instead got a whole load of ****! Csaba can take this team somewhere and already you can see he wonders what these w**k*** do for a living in this country!!!

Sorry, but the Peroni is nice tonight:)

It shows Scotland up as a sad, sad nation.

These guys should get their noses out of the trough and report fairly, evenly and honestly.

This keeper has come here in what for him will be an adventure and he is subjected to this bitter, abject *****e. What does the world think about us? A welcoming nation - I think not!

We are a pathetic, biased and xenophobic bunch if the media is regarded as representative of the nation. What makes it worse is that we have contributors on this board who believe this crap and spout it as gospel, simply because they have issues with Romanov.

Kello is not Lithuanian (the main target of xenophobics) he is Serbian. Give him a chance he is only on loan and over 180 mins he let in half of the goals a Scotsman let in, in 90 mins against Rangers.

I was a little concerned with the situation that has arisen is the last few weeks but I have counseled myself and I am, as usual looking forward to a Hearts win tomorrow with a team that on paper should destroy St. Mirren. Like Csaba, I am remaining positive and here is why.

1. I will start with what is our biggest fear, Romanov signing players. Romanov brought in Kello, no question. End of story. He has demoted Steve Banks for, I assume, hankering for a move to the Old Firm which did not materialize. Other clubs sit and coddle those who wish away, Romanov sees this and will have none of it, especially a player with no market value. I like Steve Banks, I wish this didn't happen but I believe we are better off for it. We seem to be upset with the issue as supporters in general but the situation as it stands tonight is we have 3 goalkeepers. 1 a Scotland under 21 international, 1 an unknown Slovak who conceeded 1 goal over 180 minutes against the UEFA Cup runners up and a 3rd, 25 year old, capped by Hungary and obviously a player decided on by Csaba. If he had not signed, I would be a little less positive. We also seem to have a pretty good Youth Goalkeeping coach!!.

2. Csaba Laszlo. I look forward to his press conferences. What a man. Long may he continue in this way.

3. HMFC had almost an entire first team squad on international duty this week. This has only really become the case since the arrival of Vlad. Good experience and good for the club.

4. We should be ever more excited by the products of our academy. We are continuing to bring through some great players and more are to follow.

5. A win tommorrow keeps us up there in the league, builds confidence and we have Hamilton next.

Get away from the negatives this is an exciting time if the supporters and the media would just believe it.

The future is bright, the future is maroon.

john brownlee

this is where I start loving it because it shows the GF meedia are starting to get scared and we might be a challange again

monkfish1979

These guys should get their noses out of the trough and report fairly, evenly and honestly.

This keeper has come here in what for him will be an adventure and he is subjected to this bitter, abject *****e. What does the world think about us? A welcoming nation - I think not!

We are a pathetic, biased and xenophobic bunch if the media is regarded as representative of the nation. What makes it worse is that we have contributors on this board who believe this crap and spout it as gospel, simply because they have issues with Romanov.

Kello is not Lithuanian (the main target of xenophobics) he is Serbian. Give him a chance he is only on loan and over 180 mins he let in half of the goals a Scotsman let in, in 90 mins against Rangers.

Word. It actually defies logic that so many people can accept something as gospel simply because it is put into print. It's just plain pathetic that so many supposed jambos are the first people to jump to conclusions based on this drivel after many of them have been quick to bring up the fact that the media hate us.

Romanov has behaved like a complete stroker in the past - that's a given. FFS, though, you'd think that some jambos sat with bated breath, just waiting for some negativity to latch on to so that they can spout their self righteous pish. The uproar over the Steve Banks "thing" was/is ridiculous - people working themselves into a frenzy over the fact that Hearts (as a company) may have treated somebody slightly unfairly. Perish the fecking thought. Maybe some people have issue with a company deploying its staff as the managment see fit - again, how dare they? OR is the poor wee footballer getting a raw deal in all of this, what with being forced on to the poverty line and turned out into the street? OR is the Managing Director making a decision? How very presumptious of him...... Or maybe people just enjoy whimpering on about how unfair life is.

Much worse happens to people in other walks of life every single day. If people really feel that strongly about it, then I fully expect a huge number of nervous breakdowns when/if realisation of this fact slowly dawns on them.

P.S. - Kello's Slovakian, I think. ;)

HillmanHearts

Well said mate. I totally agree. I have just about learned to live with the media's continual negative ( & xenophobic ) spin on anything Hearts related. But what really pis*es me off are so-called Jambos grasping any chance to moan & snipe and generally dampen any positivety that is starting to sprout. WTF is that about ?

It's not that i believe everything in the press, more that I think a lot of the time there's no smoke without fire. It's happened so much in the past. I can no longer believe what comes out of Hearts as being 100% truth and that makes me sad

john brownlee
I was a little concerned with the situation that has arisen is the last few weeks but I have counseled myself and I am, as usual looking forward to a Hearts win tomorrow with a team that on paper should destroy St. Mirren. Like Csaba, I am remaining positive and here is why.

1. I will start with what is our biggest fear, Romanov signing players. Romanov brought in Kello, no question. End of story. He has demoted Steve Banks for, I assume, hankering for a move to the Old Firm which did not materialize. Other clubs sit and coddle those who wish away, Romanov sees this and will have none of it, especially a player with no market value. I like Steve Banks, I wish this didn't happen but I believe we are better off for it. We seem to be upset with the issue as supporters in general but the situation as it stands tonight is we have 3 goalkeepers. 1 a Scotland under 21 international, 1 an unknown Slovak who conceeded 1 goal over 180 minutes against the UEFA Cup r troon unners up and a 3rd, 25 year old, capped by Hungary and obviously a player decided on by Csaba. If he had not signed, I would be a little less positive. We also seem to have a pretty good Youth Goalkeeping coach!!.

2. Csaba Laszlo. I look forward to his press conferences. What a man. Long may he continue in this way.

3. HMFC had almost an entire first team squad on international duty this week. This has only really become the case since the arrival of Vlad. Good experience and good for the club.

4. We should be ever more excited by the products of our academy. We are continuing to bring through some great players and more are to follow.

5. A win tommorrow keeps us up there in the league, builds confidence and we have Hamilton next.

Get away from the negatives this is an exciting time if the supporters and the media would just believe it.

The future is bright, the future is maroon.

What an ellecelant post, troon.

join the train we are leavin platform one and heading to pastures new I'm glad you pointed out the number of internationals we have at Tynie since Mr Romanov has arrived I hope they all came through without injury

I will be sitting on my named seat tomorrow chearing on the mighty JTs

Ok, i have just watched Csabas press conference. To sum it up , uncomfortable,unconvincing and seriously worrying. I have a feeling that if we dont win tomorrow then we are back to square minus one. I want to believe in Csaba but after hearing that,and him saying we were good at Ibrox last week...well im no manager,but in my eyes we were poor. Hearing him talk now,does not fill me with confidence.

What an ellecelant post, troon.

join the train we are leavin platform one and heading to pastures new I'm glad you pointed out the number of internationals we have at Tynie since Mr Romanov has arrived I hope they all came through without injury

I will be sitting on my named seat tomorrow chearing on the mighty JTs

We had a lot more internationals when Vlad joined! I will also be sitting on my named seat tomorrow cheering us on!

I thought he was Slovakian?

Jeso..I really can't keep up.

Its far too easy to blame the press. If our club owner acted with integrity, dignity and reason. then we would have little to complain about. Sadly he doesn't.

I thought he was Slovakian?

Jeso..I really can't keep up.

Its far too easy to blame the press. If our club owner acted with integrity, dignity and reason. then we would have little to complain about. Sadly he doesn't.

Whatever - but he's not Lithunian.

Blaming the press - what for?

I am commenting on how the press conduct themselves and giving Scotland a disgraceful impression to the outside world. You seem to have an underlying problem?!

Can't say I'm as I was. 2 weeks ago we beat Motherwell, and the spirit looked to be back. Then take my seat at Ibrox to find out Banks is not in goals or on bench? Nothing on Jamie Mcdonald who done well. It happened last time we were there when unsteady Eddie was in goal? To me nothing has changed.

Our new boss will get pi55ed off very quickly. It's got the sound of Valdas all over again, ( only my opinion)

Don't give a **** about the story, really unhappy with using 'Hearts' as a singular proper noun, i.e. 'Hearts is happy'.

Not ****ing cool, Hearts. Get it ****ing changed; we're not an MLS side.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The daft thing was wheeling Kello out in front of the press pack in the manner the club did. The guy's English isn't outstanding and he's being asked questions that he doesn't have a scooby about.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The sooner that the Hearts supporters realise that CR does have some influence over team affairs the better.

That report on STV last night however, is a class example of the media stirring the ****. We can all edit a film to make an interview reflect badly on someone.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

That's typical of some Hearts fans at the moment, everything that happens to us is a conspiracy and a scandal, too many people believe too much of what they read in the papers.

Ogi fae Gorgie
Ok, i have just watched Csabas press conference. To sum it up , uncomfortable,unconvincing and seriously worrying. I have a feeling that if we dont win tomorrow then we are back to square minus one. I want to believe in Csaba but after hearing that,and him saying we were good at Ibrox last week...well im no manager,but in my eyes we were poor. Hearing him talk now,does not fill me with confidence.

Stick to Eurovision :) he's not wanting to get involved in the media distractions so he gives it big positives for his team. IMO about time we were positive instead of being constantly negative. To me he is fighting back against the GFA and media in his own way although time will tell.

IMO for any other player Csaba would speak to the player, but when it's a player from your feeder club it's not as necessary to sell the club to them because they're pretty much going to come.

I'm pretty sure Mike Tullberg said he had talks with Csaba and I would imagine Balogh has too.

Archived