Christmas lunch recommendations

scottish_chicP

scottish_chicP

Hello. I have been given the task of finding somewhere for our divisional christmas lunch in the centre of town. Anyone got any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Ram the whole work organised xmas lunch rubbish, just get the two or three people at work you actually like and would go out with normally and go for a day on the sauce !!

not the centre of town but our drinking club went to the Vaults ( malt whisky society) and it was superb. Don't know if they have a kitchen in the queen street society don't know if you need to be members but anyway I think it is the best I've been on for some years

scottish_chicP

It's for around 20-25 people and I know it's August but you have to book these things early. Has to be good cos I miss my Christmas party cos I'll be in Oz :P

scottish_chicP

Thanks. Think it is going to be Vittoria's on George IV bridge as most people want Italian.

Hello. I have been given the task of finding somewhere for our divisional christmas lunch in the centre of town. Anyone got any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Hilton Grosvenor ( Haymarket ) have got a few options this year.

Have a wee look on here.......

To download our brochure, click the link below:

http://www.hilton.co.uk/assets/HI/cms/live/huki/scotland_ireland/edinburgh_grosvenor/pdfs/UK/EDNGRXmas2008.pdf

I was a chef at the Scotsman, in the brasserie on 4th bridge. Not been in for a year or two but pretty sure it'd be great for a christmas party in the town center. Although I see your looking for Italian.. I'v had great meals in Bar Roma and Lazio. Also heard good things recently about Giuliano's, but have never been..

I organised my works christmas do last year and just phoned up about 20 places, got menus faxed through and let everyone decide..

IT,S AUGUST FFS!

To be fair, my work announced where this years Xmas party will be about 4 weeks after last years.

You really do need to book in advance when it comes to Xmas.

I organise our departments most years (for about 50 people), depends what you are after

If its a Lunch/Disco then Jury's Inn is about the best value for money, worst I've been to is the Roxburgh, overly exp bar, poor service and the disco was over before it started, wouldnt rush to go back.

We went to Howies up at Bruntsfield last year, 3 course meal for under ?20 and its was great quality and you can take your own bottle which always keeps the cost down (?3 corkage).

Its a thankless task and whatever you organise it's upset someone so I always pick what I would fancy doing, if they dont like it they can get off their selfish erse and organise next year....

GOOD LUCK!

Archived