Ratho Park Carvery

jamboinheaven

jamboinheaven

Went out there last night for a cheap feed,absolutely amazing ?3.50 for the carvery and food was great,highly recommend this to anyone

Nucky Thompson
Went out there last night for a cheap feed,absolutely amazing ?3.50 for the carvery and food was great,highly recommend this to anyone
I've been a few times as well. Although it is cheap, the food is still good quality.

Its my local, the service is crap, tables take hours to get cleared. There is a lot more people eat there now due to the prices. They dont let you stand at the bar to have your pint. If they could get the service right it would be sold out most nights.

Nucky Thompson
Its my local, the service is crap, tables take hours to get cleared. There is a lot more people eat there now due to the prices. They dont let you stand at the bar to have your pint. If they could get the service right it would be sold out most nights.
It would be really hard to maintain good service with that many people to cover. I must say that I have never had any problem with the service.

It would be really hard to maintain good service with that many people to cover. I must say that I have never had any problem with the service.

More staff, simple really;)

Nucky Thompson
More staff, simple really;)
They seem to have loads of staff, you can only have so many without them all falling over each other:)

I go there every Thursday with my Mum and family, beats her having to cook and me having to do the dishes, an for ?3.50 you really can't complain.

Staff are very friendly and are kept constantly busy, there is also always a large queue to get served. but hey ho, it's worth it;)

chester copperpot
I go there every Thursday with my Mum and family, beats her having to cook and me having to do the dishes, an for ?3.50 you really can't complain.

Staff are very friendly and are kept constantly busy, there is also always a large queue to get served. but hey ho, it's worth it;)

John was just complaining to me last night too how much he misses your mums stir fry as well. ;)

John was just complaining to me last night too how much he misses your mums stir fry as well. ;)

He was being serious as well:p

The Old Tolbooth

:zip:

:boak:

chester copperpot
:zip:

:boak:

:rofl: Now have an office staring at me wondering why I'm laughing at my monitor.

chester copperpot
He was being serious as well:p

Maybe he was using 'Stir Fry' as rhyming slang for something else he misses of your mums. :peepwall:;)

Maybe he was using 'Stir Fry' as rhyming slang for something else he misses of your mums. :peepwall:;)

Nope you got us lost with that one, unless you are just using the "fry" part:confused:

You have a thing about other peoples mothers i hear:eek:

kids love the playzone , hate going in to get them tho, stinks of p is s

they have done away with that part, unless you are refering to the mini play area outside?

chester copperpot
Nope you got us lost with that one, unless you are just using the "fry" part:confused:

You have a thing about other peoples mothers i hear:eek:

Stir Fry = Pie. :whistling:

The Real Maroonblood

That's very thoughtful of you.

That's very thoughtful of you.

I never said i paid, i said i took her there:p

No to be fair she has cooked for us on a thursday for over 6 years, so now we treat her..... big spenders that we are;)

They seem to have loads of staff, you can only have so many without them all falling over each other:)

Better trained staff then;)

I believe most customers do go away happy and with the prices they will have to keep overheads to a minimum. There is about 15 to 20 blokes in on a Friday afternoon to have a few jars after work and they dont want us there. They only want customers dining when we have been going in for years. New managers new menu, crap for the locals. Business is business though

Era Macaroons
they have done away with that part, unless you are refering to the mini play area outside?

Really, I didnt realise they had done that....I presume thats just more seating now then?

I havent been since they took it out....I always thought it brought in quite a lot of customers for them.

Nucky Thompson
I believe most customers do go away happy and with the prices they will have to keep overheads to a minimum. There is about 15 to 20 blokes in on a Friday afternoon to have a few jars after work and they dont want us there. They only want customers dining when we have been going in for years. New managers new menu, crap for the locals. Business is business though
Do you stay in Ratho? It seems a bit of a trek from the nearest houses:) I thought it would be more suited as a restaurant, being out of the way and having a big car park.

jamboinheaven

i had no prob with service at all,table did need cleared when we sat down within 2 mins a waiter arrived and we had no q at carvery and filled my plate right up YUMMY

The Old Tolbooth

I've probably met you Billy, it's usually a Friday around 5pm when I go with the kids, I try to go every second week with them as they love it there, and to feed the 4 of us for ?20 (including drinks) is superb.

Really, I didnt realise they had done that....I presume thats just more seating now then?

I havent been since they took it out....I always thought it brought in quite a lot of customers for them.

Yeah, more seating area now, needs to be with the amount of customers, i have been in there for the past 5 weeks on a Thursdays and occasional the Friday with John and it's always heaving, they must be making a mint:)

Yeah, more seating area now, needs to be with the amount of customers, i have been in there for the past 5 weeks on a Thursdays and occasional the Friday with John and it's always heaving, they must be making a mint:)

There isnt any extra seats/tables - the play area is just closed up (looks like it a dumping ground now )which is a same as the kids love it and it always brought families there but still at the price they charge for a carvery it cheap for a family of 4 !!

There isnt any extra seats/tables - the play area is just closed up (looks like it a dumping ground now )which is a same as the kids love it and it always brought families there but still at the price they charge for a carvery it cheap for a family of 4 !!

ahhhh right, i thought it looked like they had more seating.

was in tonight for Tea..... was fabby:)

Ray Winstone

Carverys are an out-dated institution.

I dislike them immensly.

But as a poor student I am not sure 3.50 for that can be turned down....

What to do!?

Do you stay in Ratho? It seems a bit of a trek from the nearest houses I thought it would be more suited as a restaurant, being out of the way and having a big car park.

Kirknewton. Mainly stop in on a Friday occasionaly a Saturday, Wednesday, Tuesday, + a Thursday. Play Snooker in Broxburn the other days lol. Dont tell the Mrs

Archived