FLOODING IN WEST LOTHIAN

JP1874

It is a nightmare in West Lothian tonight there is major flooding in Broxburn (union canal), Bathgate & could be a major flood in Linlithgow. There is gonna be 15-20mm of rain gonna fall shortly (it's in Lanarkshire) and will be most of the night. There's due to be a centre opening up in Broxburn to help people evacuated. Jus thought i'd keep people posted. I am currently at work (west lothian council)

Just got this e-mail -

Subject: Met Office rainfall forecast Wed 20th & Thu 21st August

Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 23:30:21 +0000

We have been made aware of the flooding problems with the Union Canal at Broxburn.

There is a heavy rain warning out at present for West Lothian and our forecasters have confirmed that there is a possibility of accumulations of 15-20mm through the remainder of tonight. With local higher accumulations possible.

A slow moving band of rain is also forecast to pass through the Central Belt on Wednesday, giving further accumulations of 10-15mm.

Further rain on Thursday is also currently expected to bring accumulations of 10-15mm.

Warnings will be issued as appropriate. This email is intended to give an outlook of the expected rainfall in the Central Belt in light of the Union Canal incident.

Remember council on strike today aswell

The rainfall last night was unbelieveable.

I had to climb down a 6 feet storm (not sewage!) drain to unblock it as it was threatening to back up into my house.

Never seen anything like it.

The rainfall last night was unbelieveable.

I had to climb down a 6 feet storm (not sewage!) drain to unblock it as it was threatening to back up into my house.

Never seen anything like it.

Am back in tonight (at 10) so will try give an update as soon as i can, was hetic lastnight with blocked drains & roads. The council have no sandbags left.

Our front door can be a nightmare. Neighbour has monoblock drive with no drainage so all the rainwater just piles down her driveway and gathers at our frontdoors. Never got to a ridiculous level where its overflowing the step and looking like its going to come in but if the rain continues it may happen. This weather is terrible

Good, should keep the West Lothian tramps away from the big city for a few days! :)

:eek:

Ill be in on Friday and Saturday. I cant stay away from the big city!

Guest S.U.S.S.

Ill be in on Friday and Saturday. I cant stay away from the big city!

I'll inform the locals, thanks for the warning! :)

scottish_chicP
Good, should keep the West Lothian tramps away from the big city for a few days! :)

How rude! I am from Broxburn and I am at work in town! Although I do live at the top of a hill.

I'm quite worried that if west lothian floods all the jakeys will head along to the big cty and rape/pillage the place.

Hope it dries up soon so they'll stay where they are!

;)

I'm quite worried that if west lothian floods all the jakeys will head along to the big cty and rape/pillage the place.

;)

A've seen you, You'll be Lucky tae get a Pillagin'!! :hobofish:

Hope the weather improves, I am up in Scotland all weekend in Edinburgh, Whitburn and Bathgate. Got loads of people to catch up with so the roads best be ok.

Doctor FinnBarr

;)

We'll be coming in force if we finish the Ark in time!

chester copperpot

Haha, brilliant. My mates from Broxburn and wants the storm to continue so that he can claim that he's now got a swimming pool in his 'Back Gairdun'.

Haha, brilliant. My mates from Broxburn and wants the storm to continue so that he can claim that he's now got a swimming pool in his 'Back Gairdun'.

Arf Arf

coming from a weegie

Enjoy paying for over the odds council tax and having parking tickets every third month!

Midlothian tramps - a minority in their own town!

chester copperpot
Arf Arf

coming from a weegie

Haha, loving it. But to put you firmly in your place, I am actually (and I mean it) getting a swimming pool put in my back garden. Seen as I dont have a mortgage and am minted, I am getting a pool fitted.;)

Toxteth O'Grady
Haha, loving it. But to put you firmly in your place, I am actually (and I mean it) getting a swimming pool put in my back garden. Seen as I dont have a mortgage and am minted, I am getting a pool fitted.;)

Keeping up with the Barrymores?

:P

Guest S.U.S.S.
Enjoy paying for over the odds council tax and having parking tickets every third month!

Over the odds? the bands are a joke, great value!! :)

How much do you pay for your caravan?

My winnebago sits in my driveway(if you know what one of them is) and my mates can park there when visiting without fear their car will end up being towed. Kids can play in the street without fear of picking up needles and are safe to go into the woods without it being a local hang out for hobos!

Mind you your saunas are a bit better?!

Walter Bishop

Aye becasue the big city has no tramps!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

There is more minks per square yard in town than there is anywhere else in Scotland!!!! (Well you could say Glasgow but that is in Ireland now!!)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Aye becasue the big city has no tramps!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

There is more minks per square yard in town than there is anywhere else in Scotland!!!! (Well you could say Glasgow but that is in Ireland now!!)

Only cos they bus into the big city because we have money, no point in begging for milk tokens is there! :)

Doctor FinnBarr
Only cos they bus into the big city because we have money, no point in begging for milk tokens is there! :)

But we can get Buckie with milk tokens!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Over the odds? the bands are a joke, great value!! :)

How much do you pay for your caravan?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Archived