How to stop the 'duopoly'

i8hibsh

Guest JamboRobbo
We had better players in pretty much every department in 05-06, and despite Vlads meddling, had we got the correct decisions the title would have been a two horse race, rather than a romp for celtic.

Correct, and it was changes the our owner chose to make that caused it to fall appart.

To quote Gambo from another thread "Csaba doesn't seem too worried about it".

I'm glad Csaba can see that we should deal with the problems which we can control, rather than ones which we can't.

Son Of Anarchy
Exactly the point I made on a previous thread. Charlie Richmond ends a decision to the video referee who happens to be Dougie McDonald. How is that going to change Scottish football for the better?

Although it would probably help to have overseas refs for games, I cannot see how that will ever happen. But perhaps, referees' performances could be reviewed by a panel of non-Scottish referees with suitable sanctions for incompetence.

Apart from napalm, this is the only realistic way to stop the cheating/incompitance,call it what you will. Find an independant non scottish body to evaluate the refs performance and punish/praise them accordingly.

Only downside to that would be refs doing gers games to be reviewed in holland and tics games in ireland:eek:

marshallschunkychicken
If after 10 years of using video evidence and the 2 vile brothers are still miles ahead of everyon else in the league we can sit back and say 'fair enough'

But I think we all know the story would be a LOT different at the end of the season

Celtic and Rangers are given about 30 points each by the SFA

But thats the whole thing - even when we are looking at these incidents from the TV angles, the referees STILL claim that they are right, even in the face of glaring contradictions.

There is nothing there to suggest to me that the decisions that they have made would have been different if they had the opportunity to review in the first place.

It's not a lack of technology we'd need to battle. It's a lack of accountability.

Archived