How to stop the 'duopoly'

i8hibsh

TV Evidence!!

simple as that

but the GFA will NEVER use it as they would bee keeking their weegie corrupt pant

I just want a fair deal

The Old firm always (have the nerve) to accuse the SFA of favouring the other

well why dont they shut up and start using this afetr all they run the Association in Scotland

I certainly would not mind a game lasting an extra 5 minutes if it meant the correct and justified outcome would happen

been wanting to use it for years for critical decisions only:

Penalty incidents

Diving

Offsides

bad fouls

if it is just for that - there shouldn't be too much delay.

Problem is, if the ref is a weedgie, no amount of evidence will change their minds. We need a new ref culture in scotland... maybe introducing foreign refs will shock them into good behaviour

We Deserve Better Refs

!!

TV Evidence!!

simple as that

but the GFA will NEVER use it as they would bee keeking their weegie corrupt pant

I just want a fair deal

well why dont they shut up and start using this afetr all they run the Association in Scotland

I certainly would not mind a game lasting an extra 5 minutes if it meant the correct and justified outcome would happen

Nah, I wouldn't like that so much. Apart from a goal-line camera, I'm not sure that its a good idea. Would potentially ruin the flow of the game.

I would rather see refs given a league table of sorts, with bonuses being handed out to the best refs. I'd like to see them make so many biased decisions when it hits them in the pocket afterwards.

Captain Lithuania
been wanting to use it for years for critical decisions only:

Penalty incidents

Diving

Offsides

bad fouls

if it is just for that - there shouldn't be too much delay.

Problem is, if the ref is a weedgie, no amount of evidence will change their minds. We need a new ref culture in scotland... maybe introducing foreign refs will shock them into good behaviour

We Deserve Better Refs

!!

Bring in refs from completely different countries, at least then they will call it down the middle.

TV Evidence!!

simple as that

I just want a fair deal

Or buy good players and beat them on the pitch?? Crazy idea i know, doubt it will catch on... ;)

Get better players then them and do our talking on the pitch.

Yeah, i can just see the referee, "oh Hearts have got better players, i better award this penalty against the old-firm"

Yeah, i can just see the referee, "oh Hearts have got better players, i better award this penalty against the old-firm"

What a cringeworthy comment! So assuming Hearts get all the penalties we're due this season where will we finish?

marshallschunkychicken

Ultimately, there's no point in TV evidence if the one person who can decide that TV evidence should be used in each instance is the referee. Even so, TV evidence at the time would not have changed the mind of the ref in the Celtic v St Mirren game.

It's a closed shop folks, and the only people who can change that are the people most comfortable with the status quo.

Bring in refs from completely different countries, at least then they will call it down the middle.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. In fact, I'm sure we could get some on loan from Lithuania! :P

Guest JamboRobbo

And whats your suggestion for how we beat the duopoly? Don't bother getting better players, and just blame the refs and the SFA and the media every time we get beat?

Narrative Arc
I was thinking the same thing the other day. In fact, I'm sure we could get some on loan from Lithuania! :P

For a grand a week just make them go full time and accountable for their mistakes like any other form of employment. Get it right or your sacked. as simple as that .

And whats your suggestion for how we beat the duopoly? Don't bother getting better players, and just blame the refs and the SFA and the media every time we get beat?

Get better players and officials.

The SFA are run for the benefit of the Old Firm.

The silence from Brother Smith, on Broadfoot's dive is astonishing.

The only way to stop the 'duopoly' is to hope they are eventually embraced by the English Leagues or some European league (both unlikley to happen).

Romanov has not got the funds, the nous or it now appears the drive to challenge either of the Old Firm in terms of personnel but at least we as Hearts fans can now adapt our expectation levels again. If he keeps his nose out of the football side of things to any reasonable level we now have a manager in place who can help us compete for the European places and hopefully improve year on year in taking 3rd comfortably. If he doesn't then we will just lurch from high to low and have no stability.

Shhhh.

Don't you know that if we get better players, Smith will then talk about it?:P

And which one of those things is within our control, and which isn't?

So we just ignore the other then?

I've said we address BOTH issues, you only mentioned the one.

So tell me how just getting better players will stop the referees making the decisions they are now.

Should we only get a fair crack from the referees if we have better players?

I would prefer it if we were all treated the same, wether we have good players or bad players.

TV Evidence..

This is not that bad a shout.

We may not be able to stop the 'duopoly' but we, along with every other club in the league, should start using TV evidence to embarrass the blazers and rantic.

Press conference every Monday morning. Use TV footage to highlight the incidents that baffle every one else in Scotland but make sure we also highlight those odd occasions the ref's actually get right, so that we can't be accused of dummy-spitting.

As long as the person hosting the Press conference is professional and business like (i.e. doesn't start going on about monkeys etc) we could consistently show decisions that directly affect the outcome of games and perhaps force Smith to address the issue.

If the correct tone is used and we don't actually come out with accusations of outright corruption, then this could prove very useful...

Until they change the rulebook again and start dishing out fines to us.

Guest JamboRobbo
So we just ignore the other then?

We fix the things we can control. Simple as that.

Like Csaba said after Saturday. We can't control Dougal giving a harsh booking to Miko. But we can stop Miko diving in to get a second yellow and therefore a red.

I've said we address BOTH issues, you only mentioned the one.

So tell me how just getting better players will stop the referees making the decisions they are now.

Should we only get a fair crack from the referees if we have better players?

I would prefer it if we were all treated the same, wether we have good players or bad players.

I think if we address the things within our control, that is all we can really hope to do, and I think if we do that, we can see where it takes us.

Good luck with fixing problems which are outwith our control though.

If Barking Mad Vlad really does think this "mafia" is stopping Hearts from winning the league i'm surprised he hasn't presented his dossier to FIFA by now and crushed these infidels! Strange that he hasn't.... maybe he's talking out his erchie... or maybe he knows that people within football view him as a clown and will just ignore him... maybe a bit of both? ;)

maroonlegions

and that is were they give themselves away, the SILENCE is a sign of guilt and shame , there are in a way holding their hands up and admitting the corruption and favoritism towards the ugly sisters and the same goes for the media.:cool:

The simplest thing is to make the referees professional. I can see what JR is saying but in fairness will Hearts EVER pay ?3m for a striker, defender or midfielder? No. So 'buy better players' works to an extent but only coupled with a level playing field and impartial refereeing.

Referees want parity with other leagues, and in fairness want wages (for essentially a part-time job) at a level that must be getting close to some of the players they will be refereeing, especially considering those players are full-time.

With this parity they have to understand they can't shy away from their mistakes and they can't just say 'well I'm right' even when blatantly not.

However this would ensure that the OF did not pick up their points when they really needed it, and allow other teams to challenge. Therefore it will never happen. Both sides of the GFA need their gravy train and Hearts, D.Utd and Killie sure as hell ain't going to supply the beef.

The situation is this. The league has been bought and as with the refs becoming more and more blazened with their "mistakes" (loosest possible sense of the word 'cheating') they surely must think they are untouchable now and I only expect it to get worse.

We need to just leave the OF to it and accept the title now comes with 3rd place or all clubs have to band together and hand in their notice unless changes are made.....the latter again just won't happen as chairman are happy with their lot as it keeps expectations low and budgets under control.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

We need to infiltrate the SFA

Get our own boys on board and into office at Park Gardens

We need to get our sons trained up to become referees of tomorrow

and only then can we play the old firm at their own game

A bit like Dougie MacDonald does against us .

So i urge you to buy your sons a whistle and a set of yellow and red cards

Guest JamboRobbo
I can see what JR is saying but in fairness will Hearts EVER pay ?3m for a striker, defender or midfielder? No. So 'buy better players' works to an extent

I wasn't suggesting it was about to happen. I was just giving my opinion on how a team would "stop the duopoly".

We need to infiltrate the SFA

Get our own boys on board and into office at Park Gardens...

If you chap on the door with the SFA logo in front of it at Park Gardens, it'll be TV designer Anna Ryder Richardson (of Changing Rooms fame) who may answer the door.

She bought the building and turned it back into a house for her and her weegie husband after the SFA moved to Hampden.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
If you chap on the door with the SFA logo in front of it at Park Gardens, it'll be TV designer Anna Ryder Richardson (of Changing Rooms fame) who may answer the door.

She bought the building and turned it back into a house for her and her weegie husband after the SFA moved to Hampden.

Well , Hampden then

crikey how petty

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Get better players then them and do our talking on the pitch.

I'm cutting Romanov loads more slack since he actually appointed a manager, and there have been many positive developments over the past few weeks, but if Romanov was really upset about the "Scottish mafia" he could spend a few quid of his own money and win the league this season if he wanted to. It wouldn't do Hearts any good in the long run but it could be done alongside a strategy of future self-sufficiency. All it would take is 5-10 million pounds of his own money and it could be done easily. I'm not suggesting he should but it might relieve him of this conspiracy burden he's been carrying for the past three years.

TV evidence would only be relevant if it was documented properly.

I would love it if someone started a proper website collecting the evidence (video or photographic). Would be like an X-Files for Scottish Fitba.

Era Macaroons
TV Evidence!!

I see no reason whatsoever that we dont turn to TV evidence for major decisions.

It's sorted out Rugby League, Cricket & Tennis.

It takes seconds to do and can actually ADD to the enjoyment of the game.

It would simply lead to the CORRECT decisions being taken, not by one guy in the middle who often has a poor sighting of the event, but by a small panel, even the fans get to see it again, why not use it?.

Or are we still trying to absorb the ground breaking devolopment of being allowed to know how much injury time theres going to be via the linesmans board.

The beautiful game must move with the times.

Chad Sexington
I see no reason whatsoever that we dont turn to TV evidence for major decisions.

It would simply lead to the CORRECT decisions being taken, not by one guy in the middle who often has a poor sighting of the event, but by a small panel, even the fans get to see it again, why not use it?.

Or are we still trying to absorb the ground breaking devolopment of being allowed to know how much injury time theres going to be via the linesmans board.

Absolutely.

I couldn't care less if the game lasted another 15 minutes because of stoppages if it meant fewer inept/crooked decisions.

Maybe we could follow tennis' lead and allocate a certain amount of challenges to each team. Say 3 a half.

If you're challenge is shown to be correct you get the decision and keep the challenge. If it's wrong you lose the challenge.

The only people who say that football is better with controversy are the people who get all the decisions.

Maybe it would be a good start to hand back the 98 scottish cup.

Might just be me but i don't remember all this up in arms bollox before VR came along. Just seems like another excuse to deflect away from how VR is running the club.

bean counter

I wanted the papers to run a league on the refs. They have pages of stats on red cards, yellow cards, shots etc why not one that says

1) Contentious decisions who benefited points gained

ie

Celtic V St Mirren 1 Celtic a penalty 3

Rangers V Hearts 2 Rangers Broadfoot dive\Miko sending off 0

get a panel of Journos\pundits to do it each week at the end of the season we'll see who got what and what it was worth to them

I would not use tv evidence during games. Our game unlike cricket/rugby is not suited to it.

Most decisions in rugby are made when ball is dead (over try line) so play is 'dead' anyway whilst you wait on verdict.

Play will be raging on (probably up the other end of the park) whilst we go for tv replay to see if it is a penalty or not or if ball had crossed the line.

I would just rather we had a level playing field, same rule for ALL teams.

NoseLikeMahe

I've always been against TV evidence and goal-line technology due to a (perhaps) rather romantic idea that the rules of the game should apply consistently at all levels.

However, I can see merit in the suggestion of adopting the Tennis idea of each team having a set number of official challenges during a match. This would have to be tightly controlled as to what you were allowed to challenge.. Otherwise most SPL managers would use them all up by demanding that meaningless throw-in was given the other way :rolleyes:

If you limited it to 3 categories, I'd accept it:

1. Goal/not a goal. i.e. "did it cross the line or not"

2. Penalty/not a penalty

3. Sending off/not a sending off

NoseLikeMahe

We have the same rules for all teams though. The rules are published in black & white each year.

Requesting an end to perceived injustice is not a practical solution.

If you limited it to 3 categories, I'd accept it:

1. Goal/not a goal. i.e. "did it cross the line or not"

2. Penalty/not a penalty

3. Sending off/not a sending off

We'd still all argue/debate these decisions. Some see some situations as a penalty etc others don't (christ, even Dougal can't make his mind up with regards to the same situations...ie ball playing man)

Son Of Anarchy

Easiest way to stop the duopoly is to napalm the weegie bassas,I'll get my coat,,,,,,,,and my apache helicopter ready too!

We had better players in pretty much every department in 05-06, and despite Vlads meddling, had we got the correct decisions the title would have been a two horse race, rather than a romp for celtic.

Seymour M Hersh
What a cringeworthy comment! So assuming Hearts get all the penalties we're due this season where will we finish?

As an expert in writing such comments I suppose we should bow to your superior knowledge!

With regards to the thread title may I suggest a small thermo nuclear device strategically aimed between both grounds?

Chad Sexington
A video ref is pointless in Scotland as the video ref would be bias towards the OF as well.

You might have a point there.

I can just see the game being stopped and everyone turning to the video refs.

Mr Mason Boyne and Mr Patrick O'Shaughnessy. :)

Era Macaroons
I would not use tv evidence during games. Our game unlike cricket/rugby is not suited to it.

Most decisions in rugby are made when ball is dead (over try line) so play is 'dead' anyway whilst you wait on verdict.

Play will be raging on (probably up the other end of the park) whilst we go for tv replay to see if it is a penalty or not or if ball had crossed the line.

Some valid points

However.....how many big issues would TV evidence be needed for in football? not very many I would say, the odd penalty claim and a rare 'did the ball cross the line'.

Offsides, the odd contentious one, play on and we will find out after move finished....how many times have u seen an attack stopped when u knew the linesman was wrong...this puts an end to that.

Bookings/Sending Offs......play will be dead, 2 secs to check correct punishment is given (or not to be given!)

Play is also dead in most of the football situations, if not play on see what happens and take it back to the moment in question when dead or with a goalie.

Otherwise its a lifetime of ...we're getting cheated by the OF etc and greeting about the raw deal we get. This may give u the level playing field u desire.

Era Macaroons
You might have a point there.

I can just see the game being stopped and everyone turning to the video refs.

Mr Mason Boyne and Mr Patrick O'Shaughnessy. :)

Ha

We could video the video refs:)

A video ref is pointless in Scotland as the video ref would be bias towards the OF as well.

Exactly the point I made on a previous thread. Charlie Richmond ends a decision to the video referee who happens to be Dougie McDonald. How is that going to change Scottish football for the better?

Although it would probably help to have overseas refs for games, I cannot see how that will ever happen. But perhaps, referees' performances could be reviewed by a panel of non-Scottish referees with suitable sanctions for incompetence.

Nah, I wouldn't like that so much. Apart from a goal-line camera, I'm not sure that its a good idea. Would potentially ruin the flow of the game.

I would rather see refs given a league table of sorts, with bonuses being handed out to the best refs. I'd like to see them make so many biased decisions when it hits them in the pocket afterwards.

It's not to do with liking it. It is about justice

the only way to stop those sc*mbags at the SFA from ruining our game

If after 10 years of using video evidence and the 2 vile brothers are still miles ahead of everyon else in the league we can sit back and say 'fair enough'

But I think we all know the story would be a LOT different at the end of the season

Celtic and Rangers are given about 30 points each by the SFA

Archived