6 Nations

crazy_jambo_2006

Guest S.U.S.S.
Predictions?

Why not give your own opinion on what will happen rather than one word?

Scotland will romp it, england second, surrender monkeys third.;)

Not been following rugby for a while so not sure the standard of the current team.

Are the Irish not the best at the minute?

Three out of the six teams have changed coaches, in the aftermath of the WC so Scotland have a decent shout.

We've got the harder games at home this year, and we've got some good momentum after our reasonable performance at the WC.

It's wide open this year though.

1.France

2. Scotland

3. England

4. Ireland

5. Italy

6. Wales

I wanted to put England above Scotland, but my heart woudent let me. :sad:

I'll be at Murrayfield next week for the frog game. Mon the Scots!!

Can't see us winning the tournie though, more than likely between France and the Sassenachs :D

Guest S.U.S.S.
Cannae see past the French.

All we have to do is play something in german over the tanoy! they will surrender in minutes.

portobellojambo1
Predictions?

Haven't really watched much rugby of late, other than a couple of Glasgow's Heineken Cup ties, and one involving Edinburgh.

Would imagine the French will be not far away, likewise England.

If I am honest I was not overly impressed with Scotland during the World Cup, we kicked our way to victory over the Italians, and couldn't compete with Argentina. I have no idea how well we will perform within this tournament.

The Old Tolbooth

Scotland are a long way off from being good enough to win the 6 nations, my predictions are

1. France

2. England

3. Ireland

4. Wales

5 Scotland

6. Italy

Just aquired tickets for France and England games .Mrs x and I popping over to Oirland but dont have le billettes

It's very hard to see past the French.

Individually, they have the best players and they know how to work as a team too.

Wales and Ireland will fight it out for the wooden spoon.

France

Ingerlund

Scotland

Italy

Ireland

Wales

What?! Bernard Laporte is an idiot!!!!

Maybe, but he's no longer the coach.

Marc Lievremont is at the helm now and he has purged the team after a poor World Cup. They did reach the semis granted, but the manner of their three defeats were easily preventable - the NZL win only papered over the cracks that Laporte allowed to develop.

Besides, Thierry Dusetoir is a much better number 8 than Chabal.

the voice from above
Predictions?

giant men in tight clothing will chase an egg shaped ball up and down the park for eighty minutes and i won't be interested unless i see england losing...

Maybe, but he's no longer the coach.

Marc Lievremont is at the helm now and he has purged the team after a poor World Cup. They did reach the semis granted, but the manner of their three defeats were easily preventable - the NZL win only papered over the cracks that Laporte allowed to develop.

Besides, Thierry Dusetoir is a much better number 8 than Chabal.

Thats why Laporte had Chabba playing second row :confused:

French are always going to be there or there abouts and the some of the changes are ones that should have been made prior to last years 6Ns.

England probably haven't gone far enough in clearing out their old and bold(mainly due to a real lack of quality in depth in the forwards and scrum half position, check out their Saxons Squad for evidence).

Ireland are possibly still suffering after the RWC, their Provincial sides didn't exactly set heather on fire during the HC.

Scotland, less said about this the better perhaps but the way the lost to Argentina has perhaps shown up more than a few weaknesses in Haddens coaching abilities as well as lack of quality in depth and a serious lack of the basic skills of the game.

Wales are probably the dark horses of this years tournament, however there is a bit of a gamble being played in having 13 players from 1 club in the starting 15.

Italy, will improve on technically at lest. The main players are plying their trade in either the top end of the French leagues or GP and are being exposed to good quality opposition on a weekly basis.

French to win, Wales second and the rest having a big bun fight for the remaining places with Italy undeservedly getting the Wooden Spoon after recording their only win against England;)

I P Knightley
Just aquired tickets for France and England games .Mrs x and I popping over to Oirland but dont have le billettes

You should manage to pick up something on the day. Capacity of 400,000 or something; someone will have a couple of spares!

French are re-building again which makes them dangerous due to unpredictability but likely to shoot themselves in the foot.

Hate to say it but England have an idea of where they're going. Deciding against dropping Ashton was just about the worst thing they could have done (from a Scots/Irish/Welsh/French perspective ;))

We're solid and steady but our more winnable games are away which makes them less winnable, if you see what I mean. I wound't be surprised if our only victory was against the French, especially if Chabal is not in their squad - he's not the finest player but he's (I hate myself for writing this) talismanic.

Italy have retained enough of their quality players to give us a hard time and, presumably, Ireland. What happens for them against the Welsh and French is less predictable due to what those 2 squads have been up to.

It will be interesting to see whether the Welsh play to the game plan they're given. Word was in the RWC that they had a clear plan to kick the ball to the corners against Fiji. The big-headed players ignored this, thinking they would walk the game and went out to show off. If the change in regime sees the attitude change drastically, they'll be a force. That they have such a large core from one club works in their favour. I doubt they'll win it but think they'll either be 2nd or 5th.

Ireland are bad. They'll be great again in 2/3 years; just in time to drop off again before the next RWC. I reckon bottom 2 but Scotland may have something to say about that!

Thats why Laporte had Chabba playing second row :confused:

A lot of French fans fans were confused at that too - rugby suicide by Laporte.

Sexton Hardcastle

One of the bets for the seix nations has to be wilkinson to break the all time points record. Hes currently 67 i think behind so he needs to avarge around 15 points a game to beat that. Ladbrokes were offering 2.5 . Possibly a lump on it. Usually kickers will take a good 10 points per game at the minimum but when england play france and italy they will use the boot more id reckon and should put points past the italians.

To sum up...LUMP IT

The Old Tolbooth
Scotland are a long way off from being good enough to win the 6 nations, my predictions are

1. France

2. England

3. Ireland

4. Wales

5 Scotland

6. Italy

Can I change my predictions to the following because the way Scoltland played today was completely embarrassing!!! Now I'll go for ..............

1. France

2. England

3. Ireland

4. Wales

5 Italy

6 Scotland (nil points!)

Archived