Scotland v Northern Ireland

suzie_preston

suzie_preston

Goodmorning campers

who's going to Hampden on Wednesday?

and how are you all travelling?

Bus & train for us i think, going over early afternoon maybe have time for :food-smiley-004:

maybe see you there :)

I was going to go, but I couldn't find tickets in the Northern Ireland end.

So I decided there wasn't much point.

I'll be there, probably head to the Shed beforehand for :toasting:

Not expecting much of a crowd but should be a good test.

Yeah there's a group of us going to the match, probably doing one slightly early from work and aiming for the 5:15pm train.

It's more about the event than the footy, it's a chance to get a group of mates together who might support different club sides (although we draw the line at Hobos).

It's doubling up as a kind of leaving night for one of the guys who is bizarely leaving Scotland to go and live in Nothern Irleand with his girlfriend. We've got him a big flag made up from barmy flags as his going away gift (he wont read this so it's safe). Look out for it on the platform or in the bar at Waverley.

3 quid for kids and a tenner for adults (with child). The SFA do get some things right. With the SSC membership being opened up for only a few hours earlier in the month and being closed again at circa 35K, would expect a very reasonable crowd of over 30K.

Carl Weathers
There is a fair amount of Hearts fans that want nothng to do with Scotland now. I hope they lose.

Dry your eyes.

If the game was in my back garden,id close the curtains and tell them to keep the noise down:)

You sound like a really cool guy.

Aye, heading through 2 ish on the train... the anthems should be pretty interesting...

Scotland fans will embarrass themselves with some booing, you mean?

Hope not. :sad:

Scotland fans will embarrass themselves with some booing, you mean?

Hope not. :sad:

The ready-made "aye but it's pyoor politkul" line shall be brought out. :rolleyes:

Ron Burgundy
There is a fair amount of Hearts fans that want nothng to do with Scotland now. I hope they lose.

Agreed.SFA have made sure I take no pleasure in watching Scotland.That and the Tartan Army who insult other countries anthemns.Feck the lot of them.

Why? because once the media and Gordon Smith slagged off Miko for diving?? That's nowt to do with the Scottish team and i'd hope that most Hearts fans would have more sense than to let that stop them from supporting the team.

As for the booing the anthem, every team has their idiot fans - I certainly wouldn't do and don't like it when it's done but then I don't always like the things that fans shout and sing at games, club and internationals - it's not something that all fans do or have any control over.

I think your attitude seems OTT considering the incident.

I was going to go, but I couldn't find tickets in the Northern Ireland end.

So I decided there wasn't much point.

You had to apply for them online mate.

We Managed to get some, hear there is about 5000 coming across!! :toasting: :toasting:

We Managed to get some, hear there is about 5000 coming across!! :toasting: :toasting:

Got any spare? :laugh:

ULSTER JAMES

looking forward to a couple of days/nights out in Scotland, i'm flying over tomorrow and coming home on Thursday so it'll break the monotony of work up for me this week!

hopefully a decent game although i'd imagine the occasion will be more fun than the match itself!

NoseLikeMahe

Hope the home support is big enough to give you guys a decent atmosphere. I'm sure a good time will be had by all :)

I fancied going but am utterly rooked this month - so will settle for front room seats with a 6-pack and a curry.

The thought of Travelling through to the Weej....

On a no doubt pishing it down wednesday night....

Having to sit next to trumpets with kilts on singing doo a deer...

Watching Guff fitbaw..

And having to fork out ?20 odd sheets for the pleasure...

ermmm.......naw

The Tartan Army are cringeworthy

I just hope you have as much fun as i did when i was out there a few weeks ago. what a laugh.

C'mon the scotland!!!!

I think I'll watch the Rain running down my Window!!

I'd watch the Grass grow, But I slabbed the Garden 2 years ago...:mad:

The thought of Travelling through to the Weej....

On a no doubt pishing it down wednesday night....

Having to sit next to trumpets with kilts on singing doo a deer...

Watching Guff fitbaw..

And having to fork out ?20 odd sheets for the pleasure...

ermmm.......naw

The Tartan Army are cringeworthy

I was right enough about the rain then :rolleyes:

If the game was in my back garden,id close the curtains and tell them to keep the noise down:)

And everyone who heard you would likely tell you to shut the **** up

But thanks for letting us know :irritated:

Flew out of Dublin airport early this afternoon and there were a handful of Norn Iron supporters waiting to leave. Also a Tartan Army twerp with his Scotland top, kilt, and.....the de rigeur Timberland boots. Fortunately I didn't spot a glengarry or jimmy wig.

The Norn Iron blokes looked pretty normal - albeit they were about 50 and wearing football tops - but the Scotland fan looked a right helmet. :sad:

Flew out of Dublin airport early this afternoon and there were a handful of Norn Iron supporters waiting to leave. Also a Tartan Army twerp with his Scotland top, kilt, and.....the de rigeur Timberland boots. Fortunately I didn't spot a glengarry or jimmy wig.

The Norn Iron blokes looked pretty normal - albeit they were about 50 and wearing football tops - but the Scotland fan looked a right helmet. :sad:

Complete honest question. I know from previous posts that you don't like the Scottish national team and some it's supporters, but....

WHY? :sad:

Chad Sexington

Would you have preferred it if he looked like this?

2451069599699.jpg

Would you have preferred it if he looked like this?

If English and Australian fans want to dress like berks, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I hate the Tartan Army though for the image of Scotland they project. :o

Hans von Luck

Have to agree with you Eggo, The Bill on ITV or Britains strongest man on C5 look even better that watching Sky Sports 1.

For someone who detests the Scotland team and our fans Therapist sure shows a lot of face in the threads relating to us,

Perhaps it's a masochism thing?

Hans von Luck
Have to agree with you Eggo, The Bill on ITV or Britains strongest man on C5 look even better that watching Sky Sports 1.

OOPS Forgot to say about Top Gear on Dave. :irritated:

Chad Sexington
If English and Australian fans want to dress like berks, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I hate the Tartan Army though for the image of Scotland they project. :o

Hate is such a strong emotion Therapist.

You should save it for the people who really deserve it.

CelticFansR_468x375.jpg

;)

CelticFansR_468x375.jpg

;)

MOD EDIT

For someone who detests the Scotland team and our fans Therapist sure shows a lot of face in the threads relating to us

I don't hate the Scotland team. I just don't bother about them. I used to support them actively - I was at Wembley in 1979, Scotland v Argentina, 1978 World Cup qualifying games, many Hampden "auld enemy games", etc. But I went off them when Jock Stein came in and tried to change our style of play to one we are not equipped for. I've not been to one of their games since 1981.

I hate the Tartan Army though. They are a total embarrassment with no redeeming features.

Chad - good point. ;)

CelticFansR_468x375.jpg

;)

don't forget this shower of shecht, his most favoured weegies

rangers_narrowweb__300x3700.jpg

Malinga the Swinga

Has Berra been left out of team, along with Barr. I believe that the one for the future selected is Davie Weir. Burley must be having a laugh if he is selecting Weir as the guy is past it and can't run. Does he still think that in 2010, Weir will be able to play.

A total joke.

monkfish1979
Does he still think that in 2010, Weir will be able to play.

Weir will barely be able to feed himself in 2010.

Cant be bothered paying ?15 for a ticket tonight, cant even be bothered leaving my house to watch it at a mates/pub. Anyone know where you can get a free stream for sky sports online??

Archived