Highlights clip

Devries4

Jam Tarts 1874
Have to agree with that davemclaren and really wondering what all the fuss is about. 1st booking is a little harsh and contact was made why Miko made the pathetic lunge onto the grass is beyond me. He had the boy skinned he should have stayed up and ran with the ball the contact was not even to put him down IMO. 2nd booking he can't have any complaints, stupid tackle just after being booked.

The point is that other players did not get booked when they could have been. There looks to have been contact when Miko went down and therefore is it not a "little harsh", it is incorrect.

The point is that there was a clear handball, we did not get the penalty. We have seen Rangers given penalities for less almost every week.

The point is that we and every other club outside Rangers and Celtic always get the s**** end of the 50/50 decisions when playing against Rangers or Celtic.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the decisions yesterday were marginal.

It's just that yesterday they all went Rangers way.

However by the law of averages they'll go our way next time.

Or maybe just for Celtic this afternoon.

C'est la vie.

Not *** fair though is it?

Im not sure if mikos first yellow is a foul or not but it didnt look to me like he put his hands up or made a particular effort to appeal for a kick so i cant see how it could be portrayed as a deliberate dive...

either way it seemed to me that, post euro qualifiers, diving was something he had more or less cut out of his game and find it strange that some one who (if this one counts) has dived twice in 14 months can be labeled a persistent diver when people who do it week in and week out (zemmama or pressley when he was playing anyone?) get away without this stigma

It is human nature to let previous misdemeanours effect your judgement.

It does not matter what walk of life you come from or what you do.

That may be so. But it is against the rouls and that is cheating

From what I have seen of the major talking points from the Rangers game, Miko's first booking, the "dive", he was being obstructed, the defender had his arm on front of Miko, but a referee cannot give a free kick for obstruction unless the attacking team lose the advantage. Only if Miko had kicked the ball forward then been held up be the defender could we have got the free kick, he fell over for some bizarre reason, he didn't need to and gave the ref enough reason to book him. I agree with booking him, even though from a Hearts point of view it didn't help us but this diving nonsense has to be wiped out of our game, referees need to punish every player, right through to the amatuer leagues, when they dive.

Miko's second yellow was deserved, you cannot tackle from behind, end of. Even if you get the ball, it is still dangerous, I know football is a contact-sport but knocking into someone when going up for a header is one thing, breaking a leg is completely different. It has been documented that Premiership referees are punishing players when they do this so it has to be brought up here as well.

The Hearts penalty incident, I do think this should have been a penalty, if the ball didn't hit his arm, it would have been on target, the only defence the referee could have is his body was behind the arm, so it wouldn't have reached the goals anyway, this is a 50/50 decision, some refs would, some wouldn't, maybe the venue had something to do with it...

The Rangers penalty was a penalty, in the box, from behind, Berra was the last man and Wallace definitely went for the ball so that's why I think he didn't get a booking.

Malinga the Swinga

Why do Setanta choose not to highlight Broadfoots disgraceful dive where Dougall was only too happy to give a foul. Why did Setanta choose not to show the foul by Boyd on Berra that caused Rangers first goal. Why do Setanta presenters try and talk over Mark McGhee when he is talking about Dougalls error in refusing to give a penalty to Hearts in last minute.

Why, because they are in the pay and pocket of the old firm and will do nothing to upset either Rangers or Celtic. The media in this country have been bought and paid for the last 60 odd years, and unless someone with intgrity and power investigates this, then nothing will change.

Just how obvious will things have to be for the truth to come out about the corruptuion in Scottish football.

Drylaw Hearts

Having seen the highlights for the first time :

Kirk Clubfoot clearly dived and should have been booked during the First Half.

Rangers goal came from a Free-Kick that should never have been - Berra did not foul Boyd.

Miko's first booking was harsh. He was impeded but it was the unnecessary theatrical fall that has made it looked as though he did dive.

Miko's second booking was his 2nd or 3rd foul since coming on he can have no complaints.

We should have had a penalty. the ball definitely hit Bougherra's upper arm as he turned his back.

Rangers penalty was a penalty.

Taking all this into account I've no idea how The Sunday Mail and Mark Guidi think Dougal merited a rating of 7 out of 10 in their match report.

All I have seen are the blurry highlights in the OP.

I thought that the Miko dive booking was extremely harsh. When you think of how many free kicks Nakamura picks up in a season for similar 'accentuations' unbelievably harsh.

I thought the second booking fully deserved. Wasn't a penalty for Hearts in my view, and was a penalty for Rangers.

In addition was Kingston supposed to be marking the player who scored the first goal. If so he was badly at fault, dreaming ...

Dirk Diggler

Taking all this into account I've no idea how The Sunday Mail and Mark Guidi think Dougal merited a rating of 7 out of 10 in their match report.

Maybe we're all paranoid and Dougal actually had a good game?

:P

Drylaw Hearts
Maybe we're all paranoid and Dougal actually had a good game?

:P

Dougal got most of the major decisions wrong and in all honesty that is unlike him.

Drylaw Hearts
Haven't read all the posts, so it's probably been discussed, but did Wallace seem to get the ball or was it just me?

I think he got the player first.

Dirk Diggler
Dougal got most of the major decisions wrong and in all honesty that is unlike him.

I disagree, Like i asked last night....

Are peoples previous perceptions of him not flavoured by the fact he was ref when we hammered the Vermin a few times and sent off a couple of their players?

The fact we hammered them was more down to them being gash and the fact they had a few players sent off was more down to Hibs comprising a squad of hooligans.

I've never rated him to be honest........

Had he not been the ref when we won 4-1 4-0 and had he not sent off 3 hibs players in those games, people on here would have a different opinion on him.

IMO.

JamboRossi79
Haven't read all the posts, so it's probably been discussed, but did Wallace seem to get the ball or was it just me?

I think he definitely made contact with the ball but the question is did he go through the player to get to it.

Dagger Is Back
Having seen the highlights for the first time :

Kirk Clubfoot clearly dived and should have been booked during the First Half.

Rangers goal came from a Free-Kick that should never have been - Berra did not foul Boyd.

Miko's first booking was harsh. He was impeded but it was the unnecessary theatrical fall that has made it looked as though he did dive.

Miko's second booking was his 2nd or 3rd foul since coming on he can have no complaints.

We should have had a penalty. the ball definitely hit Bougherra's upper arm as he turned his back.

Rangers penalty was a penalty.

Pretty fair summary for me Drylaw. Mike WAS fouled in the lead up to his booking. If the ref had concentrated on that he would have simply given the free kick.

2nd booking was a poor poor tackle and we would have demanded a yellow for that had we been on the receiving end.

Drylaw Hearts
I disagree, Like i asked last night....

Are peoples previous perceptions of him not flavoured by the fact he was ref when we hammered the Vermin a few times and sent off a couple of their players?

The fact we hammered them was more down to them being gash and the fact they had a few players sent off was more down to Hibs comprising a squad of hooligans.

I've never rated him to be honest........

Had he not been the ref when we won 4-1 4-0 and had he not sent off 3 hibs players in those games, people on here would have a different opinion on him.

IMO.

I just don't recall him making too many major errors in the past.

I've always thought he was the best of a very bad bunch.

I've just seen the BBC highlights and although I've long been an admirer of his, Stuart Dougal can now GTF

Simply could not wait to get the card out for Miko I don't doubt for a minute he knew, and in fact desperately hoped, that Miko would give him an oportunity to brandish a second.

Broadfoots 'stumble' is simply laughable ( and he's surely building a rep for joke dives that OUGHT to follow him about too ...no chance eh :mad:) and for that to be ignored while carding Miko ...........well I'm afraid I've simply had it up to here with the lot of them.

Dirk Diggler
I just don't recall him making too many major errors in the past.

I've always thought he was the best of a very bad bunch.

Although we all recall him being ref when he sent off those players.

Apart from those games (when it would not have mattered who the man in black was) I can't recall him doing much right, OR wrong tbh.

Those two games definately influence peoples perceptions, imo.

Drylaw Hearts
Although we all recall him being ref when he sent off those players.

Apart from those games (when it would not have mattered who the man in black was) I can't recall him doing much right, OR wrong tbh.

Those two games definately influence peoples perceptions, imo.

If he had made many major errors against us we would all remember.

I can't think of any and you can't think of any so that would suggest he hasn't got too much wrong.

Saturday apart !!

JamboRossi79

Just seen the BBC highlights for the first time.

I am even more raging than I was from yesterday, Broadfoot clear dive with no contact from Stewart = Result free kick to Rankgers

An absolute joke

Then Boyd goes down after trying to grapple with Berra = Result free kick to Rankgers

An absolute joke

Ok, I have just watched the highlights for the first time and i am Ranging.

Broadfoot goes down and the commentator states that he went down easily, so why not a yellow card for diving then ? Oh because he tripped apparently.

Boyd goes down, nothing said.

Paul Mitchell then states that it would have been harsh for hearts to get a penalty as it hits off the "top of the shoulder" of the Rangers defender !!!!

NO it doesn't you Plum, it hits off the top of his arm ???????? WTF. :eek:

West Coast Strokers, the lot of them.

I think he definitely made contact with the ball but the question is did he go through the player to get to it.

I suppose you're always going to get those decisions against you at Ibrox or PH. That sure as **** doesn't mean it was a penalty though.

JamboRossi79
I suppose you're always going to get those decisions against you at Ibrox or PH. That sure as **** doesn't mean it was a penalty though.

Oh I know mate, I am absolutely fuming after watching the highlights again.

I reckon Miko did dive.

Im more raging about the fact Broadfud got away with a far worse dive and even got a bloody freekick!

Footballfirst

I've just watched the BBC website highlights too. We were denied a stonewall penalty, but not the handball incident. Have a look at Thompson's late challenge as Macgregor made his one and only signifcant save. (about 1' 45"" into the highlights).

It would be a free kick anywhere else on the pitch for a late challenge, but because the Hearts player gets his shot off Thompson gets away with it. Make the same challenge on a goalkeeper after he clears a ball upfield then you might even end up with a red card.

Ok, I have just watched the highlights for the first time and i am Ranging.

Broadfoot goes down and the commentator states that he went down easily, so why not a yellow card for diving then ? Oh because he tripped apparently.

Boyd goes down, nothing said.

Paul Mitchell then states that it would have been harsh for hearts to get a penalty as it hits off the "top of the shoulder" of the Rangers defender !!!!

NO it doesn't you Plum, it hits off the top of his arm ???????? WTF. :eek:

West Coast Strokers, the lot of them.

I'm sure Paul Mitchell is a Hearts fan.

Which makes it even fecking worse :mad:

JamboRossi79
I've just watched the BBC website highlights too. We were denied a stonewall penalty, but not the handball incident. Have a look at Thompson's late challenge as Macgregor made his one and only signifcant save. (about 1' 45"" into the highlights).

It would be a free kick anywhere else on the pitch for a late challenge, but because the Hearts player gets his shot off Thompson gets away with it. Make the same challenge on a goalkeeper after he clears a ball upfield then you might even end up with a red card.

Fantastic spot and that really was a shocker of a tackle at full speed.

Paul Mitchell will be getting a slap if I come across him :mad:

Totally abuses his position IMO, giving his terribly weegie biased opinion on passages of play which are then broadcast to the nation like a subliminal message :confused:

He 'accidently' remarked on Broadfoot's stumble but quickly regained his composure, finding no need to chastise the Rangers player for cheating at that juncture. No, Miko would soon be on the pitch and any refernce to theatrical would wait untill he had become involved

:mad::sad::(:slither:

Archived