Highlights clip

Devries4

Disagree, he clearly sticks out his arm, he knows what he is doing.

He turns away from the ball.

If that penalty had been given AGAINST us I'd be raging.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryan Gosling
And I was fecking furious about it.

Now does the Scottish mafia include Motherwell now or are they just out to get Hearts?

Stuart Dougal awarded that penalty.

He was the ref today as well.

You were saying something about Scottish Mafia?

;)

;)

Jonsson's hands were above his head at Well. Pretty different incidents IMO.

Miko was ripped apart by the BBC Scotland Radio pundits.

Clubfoot's antics were brushed over with "Gone down a bit theatrical, must have been contact as the ref was right next to it" - even a bit of laughter about it.

The bias is pathetic.

And while im on a rant, Chick Dung was more or less off when he was interviewing McCoist before the game. It was cringe tastic the patter Chick was having. How this guy makes a living in the media is staggering.

And that, I'm afraid, explains exactly what we're up against, and what Vlad describes a Mafia.

Watching again, Miko was stupid with the second one. The sort of thing you always worry about with him, Mikey Stewart, Clum etc when they are on a booking.

No wonder our disciplinary record is a poor compared to others though, when Broadfoot gets away with that (and the media choosing to treat it differently) and what Miko got for less simulation.

Game should have been 1-0 with 11 players apiece ending the game.

As for our penalty claim, not as strong as the one the bluenoses had against Neilson at Tynie under Burley. Ref deemed no intention and no penalty as he'd have to have sent Neilson off.

My viewpoint? Miko's first booking was harsh, and almost certainly happened only because of his prior 'reputation'. His second booking was fair enough though, and utter stupidity on his part.

As for the pens: I think our claim should certainly have been given (where was the ball heading? On target by the looks of it), and bloody well would've been had it occurred at the other end; and theirs was correctly awarded after Wallace got himself in an awful mess.

So that's four key decisions: two right, one harsh, and one definitively wrong. It's hardly the scandal of the century, and it sounds as though we weren't playing well enough to get anything anyway - but if anyone's going to suggest similar calls would go against Rangers, I'm the Queen of Sheba.

so you agree that miko's booking was harsh, therfore he should have stayed on the park, you also agree that we should have had a penalty at 1-0, if we had scored, and listening to the gane at the time, i think we could have got a result, i admit we did not play well enough, but you yourself must admit given the priority of the decisions, hearts were unjustly treated.

all the best

hmfc for ever

siegementality

;)

So is it Stuart Dougal out to get Hearts?

Is Stuart Dougal a Rioters supporter?

Is Stuart Dougal a Muderwell supporter?

Is Stuart Dougal a Hobo who shafts Hearts regardless of who we play?

Is everyone out to get us?

Are some Hearts supporters suffering from a degree of paranoia?

Jonsson's hands were above his head at Well. Pretty different incidents IMO.

Completely different.

I would have been off my seat claiming for the penalty at Fir Park should it have been in their box and would fully expected the penalty. On the other hand should a penalty have been given against us for the incident today I would have been outraged.

How many times does a player who stays up get booked?

Agree he went down too easy, but it is a fair point that it is easier for a ref not to give a decision if a player tries to stay on their feet.

If it had been Lafferty at the other end do you think he'd be booked for diving?

I think we all know the answer to that one

Believe it or not but our record with Dougal in charge is actually really good.

Ryan Gosling

Is Stuart Dougal employed by the SFA?

The Old Tolbooth

Sorry but I just dont see the dive, he was in full flow, and when your in full flow and there's contact (which is very obvious) then you do tend to go down easier.

I'm not saying he doesn't dive because he does, however he's still being picked on for what he did against Scotland and people tend to forget that a Scottish player in OcOnnor had a dive in the same game that was equally as bad, yet no witch hunt on him, why?

Bert Le Clos

I thought the first booking was very harsh. Yes he went down easily, but he was at full speed and there was contact. Maybe a free kick, maybe not. Certainly not a yellow card.

Second yellow no-one can argue with.

I thought we should have had a penalty for hand ball, although I can understand why some people might say not. But the shot was on target and it hit his arm.

Theirs was definitely a penalty.

As for our penalty claim, not as strong as the one the bluenoses had against Neilson at Tynie under Burley. Ref deemed no intention and no penalty as he'd have to have sent Neilson off.

I'd have to disagree, Neilon's hand was down by his side so it would be hard pushed to say he did it deliberately

As for the decision today as has been said if it had been given against us I'd be ready to burn effiges of the referee outside their home :P

However I think some peoples problem is that he's turned his body round to block the ball and although his arm is at his side if he'd been standing straight facing ahead it wouldn't have hit his arm so the argument could be made his arm isn't in a 'natural' position.

siegementality
Is Stuart Dougal employed by the SFA?

Not for much longer if they find out that

Believe it or not but our record with Dougal in charge is actually really good.

Funny that eh?

I'd have to disagree, Neilon's hand was down by his side so it would be hard pushed to say he did it deliberately

As for the decision today as has been said if it had been given against us I'd be ready to burn effiges of the referee outside their home :P

However I think some peoples problem is that he's turned his body round to block the ball and although his arm is at his side if he'd been standing straight facing ahead it wouldn't have hit his arm so the argument could be made his arm isn't in a 'natural' position.

Fair enough, but would we been having this sort of thread if a Robbie situation went against us today though?

Say Papac on the six yard line at 1-0.

You bet we would.

siegementality
Sorry but I just dont see the dive, he was in full flow, and when your in full flow and there's contact (which is very obvious) then you do tend to go down easier.

I'm not saying he doesn't dive because he does, however he's still being picked on for what he did against Scotland and people tend to forget that a Scottish player in OcOnnor had a dive in the same game that was equally as bad, yet no witch hunt on him, why?

John, I think you're getting Miko being fouled, which he was, mixed up with Miko diving,which he did.

I haven't seen anyone debate wether he is fouled or not but what is being debated is did he dive, i.e. did the contact merit the reaction.

I wasn't at the game so I don't know the final outcome but the ref should either have

1 Given a foul to Hearts for the contact on Miko and booked him for ungentlemanly conduct (simulation) if he felt he over-reacted to the challange.

2: Booked Miko, because he didn't think he was fouled and gave Rioter a free kick.

either way Miko made the most of whatever contact there was.

The Marooney Meister

Looking at the incidents from youtube clips I don't see much wrong with the decisions today.

1. Miko's first booking, yes the defender puts an arm out but you can see Miko's momentum clearly brushes defenders arm out the way and surely wouldn't cause him to fall down in the manner he did = dive = booking.

2. The 2nd challenge by Miko is a 50-50, but he lunges in with studs showing puting the Rangers player in the air = stupid and needless 2nd booking.

3. Hearts penalty claim, seen them given, seen them not. Personally don't think these types should be given as there's no way the defender can get his hands/arms out the way when the ball is hit so hard and so close. Remember Robbie getting away with the same thing a couple of years ago against the Huns at Tynecastle?

4. Rangers penalty - OK Wallace gets something on the ball, but only after going through the man who he was clearly on the wrong side off. Looked a stone waller to me and Wallace probably lucky not to see red.

Now I wear my maroon tinted glasses as good as the next man, but I think we are at risk of getting paranoid about decisions going against us against OF. The only qualms we could have is if Rangers players got away with some of the things we got collered for which would suggest the usual inconsitencies we see in Scottish referees, but surely none of the said incidents are so blatantly wrong to argue against them IMHO.

Lets move on and build confidence for the next game rather than dwell on any injustices which have nailed us in the past.

After seeing that i am in no doubt that miko had to go. I think that the ref's in this country are cheating barstewards, but lets be honest the wee ***** dived, and then, instead of keeping the head, after being given the yellow, he dives in like a tube and gets sent off.

Wallace was sold and for me it was a penalty as i would have been screaming for it had it been hearts. That said, we should have had a penalty just before that, as the ball is clearly blocked by the players arm. The rangers players is turning away and brings up his arm, so for me thats a penalty.

excuse but where about is the dive the only dive i see in this game the day was miller the wee ***** that he is, as for miko fair enough there was little contact but he was being obstructed, and his 2nd yellow whoever he tackled jumped and made no contact absolute disgrace the refs got a pay rise and only for this, the handball yet again another hand ball that sunk the game for us.

Looking at the incidents from youtube clips I don't see much wrong with the decisions today.

1. Miko's first booking, yes the defender puts an arm out but you can see Miko's momentum clearly brushes defenders arm out the way and surely wouldn't cause him to fall down in the manner he did = dive = booking.

2. The 2nd challenge by Miko is a 50-50, but he lunges in with studs showing puting the Rangers player in the air = stupid and needless 2nd booking.

3. Hearts penalty claim, seen them given, seen them not. Personally don't think these types should be given as there's no way the defender can get his hands/arms out the way when the ball is hit so hard and so close. Remember Robbie getting away with the same thing a couple of years ago against the Huns at Tynecastle?

4. Rangers penalty - OK Wallace gets something on the ball, but only after going through the man who he was clearly on the wrong side off. Looked a stone waller to me and Wallace probably lucky not to see red.

Now I wear my maroon tinted glasses as good as the next man, but I think we are at risk of getting paranoid about decisions going against us against OF. The only qualms we could have is if Rangers players got away with some of the things we got collered for which would suggest the usual inconsitencies we see in Scottish referees, but surely none of the said incidents are so blatantly wrong to argue against them IMHO.

Lets move on and build confidence for the next game rather than dwell on any injustices which have nailed us in the past.

Wait until you see Broadoot, if the powers that be decide to spend any time on it.

A couple of tackles against us were at least as bad as ones we got bookings for.

Still think 1-0 (or even 2-0) with 11 each on the park at the finish was the honest outcome.

Agreed.

Disagree, the boy turned away from it and tried to pull his arm into his side. I'd have been fecking furious it that had been given against us.

Agreed.

Given that no-one seems to have come up with anything wrong with Rioters first goal and we didn't have a shot at goal worthy of mention at best Rioters would have won 1-0.

My opinion. A pish poor Hearts team were beaten by a pish poor Rioters team.

I agree

Harry Palmer

Miko being sent off against Rankers, why am I not dying from surprise?

I've watched the highlights posted here and the fact that there was contact means that there can be no accusation of simulation, it was a foul. However, the referee interpreted things otherwise therefore according to the ref it merited a booking. So, having already received a booking Miko does his usual and commits to a tackle that will only lead to another booking.

The penalty claims are both dubious however(again), the fact that the home team were given their dubious penalty and the away team were denied their claim should be sufficient for some kind of inquiry? As I've stated on another thread; I look forward to finding out what team Dougals brother/sister/in-laws/niece/nephew supports a la Eddie Smith.

Perhaps, Mr Salmond could launch a 'public inquiry' which seems to be the norm for anything these days....

Ray Winstone

I've watched the highlights posted here and the fact that there was contact means that there can be no accusation of simulation, it was a foul. However, the referee interpreted things otherwise therefore according to the ref it merited a booking. So, having already received a booking Miko does his usual and commits to a tackle that will only lead to another booking.

The penalty claims are both dubious however(again), the fact that the home team were given their dubious penalty and the away team were denied their claim should be sufficient for some kind of inquiry? As I've stated on another thread; I look forward to finding out what team Dougals brother/sister/in-laws/niece/nephew supports a la Eddie Smith.

Perhaps, Mr Salmond could launch a 'public inquiry' which seems to be the norm for anything these days....

Miko may not have dived but he threw himself to ground in a very theatrical manner and with his track record he should have known much better!

Fair enough, but would we been having this sort of thread if a Robbie situation went against us today though?

Say Papac on the six yard line at 1-0.

You bet we would.

Don't disagree with that one, I remember at the time that we'd got out of jail with that decision as despite as per letter of the law it wasn't a penalty it would be an easy one to give. I just think with today's incident because the defender turned into it that makes it more of a penalty, not the stonewaller some people are calling it though

shaun.lawson
so you agree that miko's booking was harsh, therfore he should have stayed on the park, you also agree that we should have had a penalty at 1-0, if we had scored, and listening to the gane at the time, i think we could have got a result, i admit we did not play well enough, but you yourself must admit given the priority of the decisions, hearts were unjustly treated.

all the best

hmfc for ever

Sure. The problem is, though, that unlike real scandals such as the Andy Davis incident, it's at least possible to justify all four decisions, as I'm sure Stuart Dougal will. By the letter of the law, he can claim to have been correct in every case: the reality is somewhat different though.

Era Macaroons
Are you for real? try watching it again.

u look again...clear foul on miko...and miko booked ...fekin joke

Harry Palmer
Miko may not have dived but he threw himself to ground in a very theatrical manner and with his track record he should have known much better!

His previous misdemeanours should not have anything to do with events today. The refs interpretation at the time should be all that counts. Alas, you are more than likely correct that previous accusations have counted against Heart of Midlothian.

Also, according to the 'expert' pundits on the radio Broadfoot took a dying swan and no punishment was administered.

For our Miko, I give you Burke(who has been injured for several months but he still takes a tumble!).

Fergie_Jambo

As far as his in-laws go it's celtic. Don't know about him.

The only questionable decision for me is the sending off. I doubt if Miko should have received the first booking, but it happened & should not have been more aware of the outcome of his tackle that led to the second one.

The free kick that led to the first goal should have gone Hearts way, but that happens & we had ample time to defend it.

Hearts penalty claim, as has been said by others, would be seen as harsh if given against us.

Rangers penalty - at first glance it looked as though Wallace went through the guy so no complaints, although the reply suggest he did get part of the ball.

Might it be that we didn't give the kind of performance that deserved a win & that last weeks refereeing decisions make it a bit easier to apportion blame elsewhere?

Only my opinion of course!

Miko didn't dive.

But his tackle was rash to say the least.

We shouldn't have had a penalty.

It was a fair tackle by Wallace.

That's my take on things.

Ray Winstone
His previous misdemeanours should not have anything to do with events today. The refs interpretation at the time should be all that counts. Alas, you are more than likely correct that previous accusations have counted against Heart of Midlothian.

Also, according to the 'expert' pundits on the radio Broadfoot took a dying swan and no punishment was administered.

For our Miko, I give you Burke(who has been injured for several months but he still takes a tumble!).

It is human nature to let previous misdemeanours effect your judgement.

It does not matter what walk of life you come from or what you do.

JamboRossi79
It is human nature to let previous misdemeanours effect your judgement.

It does not matter what walk of life you come from or what you do.

That goes down as cheating in my book. Each incident should be judged on its merit.

How many times are we going to be punished for a penalty against Scotland that made no difference to the outcome of the game anyway ?

Ray Winstone
That goes down as cheating in my book. Each incident should be judged on its merit.

How many times are we going to be punished for a penalty against Scotland that made no difference to the outcome of the game anyway ?

The point I am also trying to highlight is that Miko will get booked for diving due to referees resorting back to previous incidents - no matter who were are playing.

It does not matter whether it is one of the OF or East Stirlingshire Referees in Scotland will book him.

Sure. The problem is, though, that unlike real scandals such as the Andy Davis incident, it's at least possible to justify all four decisions, as I'm sure Stuart Dougal will. By the letter of the law, he can claim to have been correct in every case: the reality is somewhat different though.

shaun,

not having a go, just trying to point out (and clutching at straws/trying to be

positive), taking all incidents in the order you agree, surely there is once again evidence/an arguement the old firm get the decisions as when they need them.

I usually do not post, love the banter, love hmfc, but after 40 odd years of watching this bias you get a bit browned off.

cheers:

Era Macaroons

As soon as Celtic got their fake penalty last week,my buddy said that rangers would get one this week against us.hey presto.

JamboRossi79
The point I am also trying to highlight is that Miko will get booked for diving due to referees resorting back to previous incidents - no matter who were are playing.

It does not matter whether it is one of the OF or East Stirlingshire Referees in Scotland will book him.

Yeah and in my book that is cheating.

Era Macaroons
shaun,

not having a go, just trying to point out (and clutching at straws/trying to be

positive), taking all incidents in the order you agree, surely there is once again evidence/an arguement the old firm get the decisions as when they need them.

I usually do not post, love the banter, love hmfc, but after 40 odd years of watching this bias you get a bit browned off.

cheers:

me too

Geoff Kilpatrick

What gets me is this whole "reputation" nonsense where Miko is concerned. Yes, he dived at Hampden and yes, he won a penalty for it. He isn't the worst diver in our team (Ksnavicius holds that title) and he isn't even the worst diver in the league (Boyd and McGeady are worse, IMHO).

As others have also pointed out on this thread, Broadfoot's dive in the first half is embarrassing yet he "won" his free kick. Broadfoot is also known to dive yet the media laugh him off. THAT'S what ****s me off!

What gets me is this whole "reputation" nonsense where Miko is concerned. Yes, he dived at Hampden and yes, he won a penalty for it. He isn't the worst diver in our team (Ksnavicius holds that title) and he isn't even the worst diver in the league (Boyd and McGeady are worse, IMHO).

As others have also pointed out on this thread, Broadfoot's dive in the first half is embarrassing yet he "won" his free kick. Broadfoot is also known to dive yet the media laugh him off. THAT'S what ****s me off!

Out of curiosity Geoff how many Hearts matches have you seen in the last season?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Out of curiosity Geoff how many Hearts matches have you seen in the last season?

The last game I saw in the flesh was the 1-1 draw with the jungles in December. I moved out here in January.

Hope this helps.

Incidentally, I watched the game live over here on the net and have recorded it on Setanta and watched the key moments again this morning.

The last game I saw in the flesh was the 1-1 draw with the jungles in December. I moved out here in January.

Hope this helps.

Incidentally, I watched the game live over here on the net and have recorded it on Setanta and watched the key moments again this morning.

:)

How many Hearts games are screened over there over the course of a season?

I find the internet quite poor quality with a fairly small screen etc

I seen it live in my house on Polsat and whilst it would have been considered a foul his dive was outrageous and not needed.

Geoff Kilpatrick

How many Hearts games are screened over there over the course of a season?

I find the internet quite poor quality with a fairly small screen etc

I seen it live in my house on Polsat and whilst it would have been considered a foul his dive was outrageous and not needed.

Good question. All the games from our visits to either of the gruesomes tend to be available (although last night's was "as live" as Satan was showing the Gaelic) plus any of our live games in the SP Hell.

Don't know how many that adds up to.

Good question. All the games from our visits to either of the gruesomes tend to be available (although last night's was "as live" as Satan was showing the Gaelic) plus any of our live games in the SP Hell.

Don't know how many that adds up to.

Kind of pulling your leg, been to Australia a 'few' times as majority of my family are Australian.

Probably been more times in length than you have been living there. :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Kind of pulling your leg, been to Australia a 'few' times as majority of my family are Australian.

Probably been more times in length than you have been living there. :)

Quite!

Quite!

;)

I hope you are enjoying it so far, I found it gets a bit tedious after a while and that was after a 'long' holiday when my family were trying convince me to move over.

From my opinion it is not the promised land.

If this is the case and I accept it is then the SFA should allow appeals against yellow cards as well as reds.

I do wonder how long it is since some people on this thread have played football. When you are sprinting full speed (and Miko will be going faster than most on here have ever gone) it really doesn't take much to knock you off your feet. As for someone asking why he fell forward, well that is momentum for you. I think some posters are falling into the same category as the ref. Condeming Miko for diving for an incident, which had it been one of our Scottish players they would have been outraged by.

Rocky jamboa

When I heard Miko got sent off I thought, what an idiot, but after watching the highlights, he's been pretty hard done by. Seemed to be fouled at the first one and he's went in hard but no high feet or anything for the second booking. There were worse tackles flying in at the end of the first half. His reputation preceeding him unfortunately. Just the usual controversial decisions against the bigot sisters. Funny how no decisions go against them in these games. its a fechin joke. You just get used to it after watching these games for 20 odd years.

IRONIC

for someone with a username like yours???????????

siegementality
IRONIC

for someone with a username like yours???????????

My username was picked pre Romakob being an absolute arehole and self inflicting a lot of damage. I tried changing it to Romakobs a complete cant

but they won't let me.

My eyes ain't what they used to be but I don't think Miko can have many complaints. :sad:

Have to agree with that davemclaren and really wondering what all the fuss is about. 1st booking is a little harsh and contact was made why Miko made the pathetic lunge onto the grass is beyond me. He had the boy skinned he should have stayed up and ran with the ball the contact was not even to put him down IMO. 2nd booking he can't have any complaints, stupid tackle just after being booked.

Archived