Lee Wallace/Rapnik/Palazuelos for left back (merged threads)

mattyw_1874

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet another rank rotten performance from Wallace which now means left back has become as big a problem as right back. Got to wonder whether he is yet another of the youngsters who promised much but has produced little. I'd sign the out of favor Mceveley from Derby.

Chad Sexington
Yet another rank rotten performance from Wallace which now means left back has become as big a problem as right back. Got to wonder whether he is yet another of the youngsters who promised much but has produced little. I'd sign the out of favor Mceveley from Derby.

We seem to be cursed for full backs.

I'd take Mceveley too but I doubt he'd come.

:sad:

Charlie-Brown

Wallace's confidence and form is at a quite a low ebb and the penalty miss will no doubt re-affirm this - however taking Wallace out the team would do the player more harm than good - I think we should give him a good run of games to play and find his form & confidence again - if he's still playing poorly after 15-20 games then maybe we need to look at his position in January and bring someone else in or play someone else in his position but I think getting a regular game would be the best thing for Wallace at the moment and if he can refind the form we know he's capable of then ultimately the team would benefit.

Never a left back. Given that Obua seems to be regarded as an offensive player, we need to sign a left back urgently.

The very worrying thing about our left back situation is Wallace is the only one we have

Obua clearly hasnt been brought in to play that position, and looked sus in any event.

Only Wallace. who has hardly made the position his own and an under 19 player in that position going forward

It exposes Vlad's transfer policy for what it is

loveofthegame
drunk burley thinks he's the boy wonder!

i trust 'drunk' Burley and his coaching staff's judgements of a player more than i trust those of the posters on here.

The People's Chimp
squad player, nothing more at present. hope obua takes his place.

Absolutely, because obua was a star performer last night, while wallace was at fault for everything. :rolleyes:

I really don't see why people are complaining about wallace on the basis of last night's performance. I thought he played pretty well, but obviously missed a penalty -which he should never have been taking (nice choice shabba) - and to start blaming defenders when everything that was wrong last night stemmed from our formation and lack of firepower, is ridiculous.

It disgusts me the way in which hearts fans (or at least some of the morons on here) routinely harrangue and abuse young, developing and talented players.

Can you explain how Wallace's performance was rank rotten?

He was one of our better players last night. Fair enough he missed his penalty but it wasnt as if he missed the target altogether, the keeper just guessed correctly. I dont know what some people on here expect out of full backs, last season it was Robbie getting slated nearly every week and this season because Robbie is injured its Lee's turn to take the blame.

He was one of our better players last night. Fair enough he missed his penalty but it wasnt as if he missed the target altogether, the keeper just guessed correctly. I dont know what some people on here expect out of full backs, last season it was Robbie getting slated nearly every week and this season because Robbie is injured its Lee's turn to take the blame.

Your right, leave the new Cafu and Carlos out of this. :rolleyes:

He constantly lost possession, lacked the energy, hunger and belief to attack (depsite the fact he had acres of space in front of him) and in keeping with his other 3 performances merely went through the motions.

I was delighted that Wallace started the season as I felt he would grab this opportunity and start to fulfill the potential I believed he had but unfortunately he is not an inexperienced young boy anymore (he made his debut 3 1/2 years ago) and therefore he is accountable. He should be given another couple of games (and as we have nobody else he may well get them) but if he fails to start delivering then the clock will be ticking on his Hearts career imo.

Got to disagree.

Defensively: He was skinned at will by his opposite number and lacked pace to keep up with him.

Offensively: Achieved nothing going forward and doesn't know how to link up with his midfield partner and overlap. Can't beat a man, so always ends up turning back.

One player who seems to be escaping criticism is Michael Stewart. Tries hard but always gives the ball away when put under pressure, and made some shocking passes when not under pressure. He just isn't in the same calibre as the likes of Paul Hartley.

If Obua kept to his position of left wing then maybe he would have had somebody to link up with. Instead Obua kept wondering off into the middle of the pitch.

You must of been watching a different game if he was skinned at will by his opposite number. I can barely remember Airdrie attacking in the second half or in extra time.

If Obua kept to his position of left wing then maybe he would have had somebody to link up with. Instead Obua kept wondering off into the middle of the pitch.

You'd have to direct that question to whoever picked the team.

You must of been watching a different game if he was skinned at will by his opposite number. I can barely remember Airdrie attacking in the second half or in extra time.

There were short spells of attacking play towards the end of the first half and early part of the second. The fact of the matter is that Wallace couldn't tackle a fish supper and needed one of our centre halves to cover him every time he was under pressure.

I've said this time and time again that he is never a left back and not good enough to get a midfield position. Where does that leave him?

You'd have to direct that question to whoever picked the team.

There were short spells of attacking play towards the end of the first half and early part of the second. The fact of the matter is that Wallace couldn't tackle a fish supper and needed one of our centre halves to cover him every time he was under pressure.

I've said this time and time again that he is never a left back and not good enough to get a midfield position. Where does that leave him?

How can you say Wallace failed to link up with his midfield partner then if he wasnt there half the time.

So you think we should bring back Jose then?

He is a vast improvement on that shielder Jose Goncalves from last season and I think if he is given a run in the team he will get better and better. Yes his defensive side needs improving but he is fairly confident on the ball, can make good runs forward and will get better with the more games he plays.

How can you say Wallace failed to link up with his midfield partner then if he wasnt there half the time.

He is a vast improvement on that shielder Jose Goncalves from last season and I think if he is given a run in the team he will get better and better. Yes his defensive side needs improving but he is fairly confident on the ball, can make good runs forward and will get better with the more games he plays.

I've said it many times before that Jose was crap but still considerably better than Wallace in terms of defending.

Jose made lots of mistakes but had the pace to recover (Wallace does not) - that is why he was wanted in Germany. The amount of goals Wallace is directly responsible for (usually due to lack of concentration) when playing LB is quite staggering. He is not good enough - face facts.

As for failing to link up with midfield partner, he did not do it last night and hasn't done it in the past either. We need a player like Fyssas in that position.

He constantly lost possession, lacked the energy, hunger and belief to attack (depsite the fact he had acres of space in front of him) and in keeping with his other 3 performances merely went through the motions.

I was delighted that Wallace started the season as I felt he would grab this opportunity and start to fulfill the potential I believed he had but unfortunately he is not an inexperienced young boy anymore (he made his debut 3 1/2 years ago) and therefore he is accountable. He should be given another couple of games (and as we have nobody else he may well get them) but if he fails to start delivering then the clock will be ticking on his Hearts career imo.

Agree with this.

I always used to talk-up Trigger but I'm beginning to wonder what I once saw in him.

Needs to up his game considerably.

I cant believe what Im reading on this forum these days. Lee Wallace is now apparantly pesh and Michael Stewart is the best midfielder we have. Next I'll be hearing Ksanavicuis should be getting a start.

Use always need to find someone to pick on!

Everyone didnt do well last night, they all made mastakes at some point!

Use always need to find someone to pick on!

Everyone didnt do well last night, they all made mastakes at some point!

:Funny-Post: definitely a Wallace family member.

sandyseymour

sorry to disagree....first priority for a defender is to defend ....and Wallace cannae do that....skinned by most wingers.....Wallace is good going forward but end product is decidely average ...If we had anyone else...I'd punt him to Livingston along with Clum...:sad:

Seymour M Hersh
Never a left back. Given that Obua seems to be regarded as an offensive player, we need to sign a left back urgently.

I'd give Jonny Brown a run there.

Sorry but he is just not good enough empty him now!!

Give the boy a chance he hardly ever gets a game and when he does you expect him to be world class

Have been saying it since Burley was here, he's better in midfield. Far better going forward than defensively and he's got the engine to play there.

So it's Driver or Wallace for wide left in midfield. Who would you choose?

• 3 weeks later...

Lee Wallace has just not got it and Rapnik deserves his chance against ICT.I know is a centre half but i am sure when he arrived he was quoted as being a left back that could play anywhere across the back 4.We really need a left back that can firstly defend above anything else and Lee Wallace just cannot do this.Can't believe Rangers where willing to pay ?1m for him last season.

Yes.

I've defended Trigger on here for what seems like years now but the simple fact is that he is costing us goals and we are losing games we shouldn't be because of it.

Sorry Lee but you just aren't good enough for Hearts.

csaba the hut!

Lee wallace is absolutely mince and is the worst left back av ever seen in a hearts shirt!!!!!!!anybody surely must be better than him at left back:mad::mad:

As said often enough, I feel he is a central midfielder. However, if we are not going to play him there we would be as well getting rid of him.

The sad problem with our transfer activity in the summer is that Wallace is the ONLY senior player that has any game time at left back. Obua has only played further forward and does not look like a full back to me, leaving young Johnny Brown.

Oh, and Rapnik's appearance pre season at left back was his first outing in said role, he is a centre half.

When did Rapnik become a left back?

He's not but he's worth a try there.

He's left-sided, he's a defender and he might not cost us goals like Trigger does.

Jonnson is not a right back but Csaba has seen he has all the qualities to become a good right back, so if Rapnik is similar (but at LB) then I don't see why not.

Sadly I'd play any defenders on our books at left back. I don't care whether they can play there or not, they might be able to defend. Something that Wallace cannot do.

He is a first division player and has no desire. That amount of goals that he has cost us over time has been ridiculous.

rudi must stay
Sadly I'd play any defenders on our books at left back. I don't care whether they can play there or not, they might be able to defend. Something that Wallace cannot do.

He is a first division player and has no desire. That amount of goals that he has cost us over time has been ridiculous.

think that's the main thing. He doesn't look like he wants to play for us, which is why he needs to be sold. But i think he's far better than a first division player, when he broke into the team he was brilliant.

think that's the main thing. He doesn't look like he wants to play for us, which is why he needs to be sold. But i think he's far better than a first division player, when he broke into the team he was brilliant.

I watched the Scotland under 21 match last week and he played exactly the same. He strolled around the pitch and didn't look as though he cared.

We've had a lot of players who looked brilliant when they first came into the team - Elliot, Simmons, Weir, Sloan and McMullan to name a few. Every single one of them have fallen and you can barely name where any of them are now (apart from Elliot). I can see Wallace following the same path.

Once again a total liability and at fault for both goals. The worst thing is his body language would suggest he doesn't give a toss. Bad attitude and lack of desire, definite which is totally unacceptable especially with him being a Hobo. Needs to be dropped. Looks more and more like he will go the same way as a Simmons, Weir and Elliot.

And don't give the pesh about him being a young player, he's been making 1st team appearances for over 3 1/2 years. Joke.

Total liability who couldn't give a flying feck that his efforts have already cost us the winner at Ibrox and both goals today not to mention his pathetic penalty against Airdrie. Get the Hobo to feck.

Total liability who couldn't give a flying feck that his efforts have already cost us the winner at Ibrox and both goals today not to mention his pathetic penalty against Airdrie. Get the Hobo to feck.

Being a bit harsh on Rapnik there are you not!? :P

seem to recall Levein playing Alan Maybury at left back a few times, think it was when Robbie made the break thru.

Surely worth a punt if he's still a free agent?

think someones already hit it on the head with the concentration thing. he always seems asleep to me, not quick enough to react. He has some ability though......

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I think Wallace has potential but he does go about his job as if he canny b arsed.

I sometimes wonder if he enjoys playing football.

Archived