Lee Wallace/Rapnik/Palazuelos for left back (merged threads)

mattyw_1874

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jambomickey
Sorry but he is just not good enough empty him now!!

he's only a young lad! give him a chance, far too many being negative on the back of one game

Dr Ian Malcolm

Have been saying it since Burley was here, he's better in midfield. Far better going forward than defensively and he's got the engine to play there.

Have been saying it since Burley was here, he's better in midfield. Far better going forward than defensively and he's got the engine to play there.

squad player, nothing more at present. hope obua takes his place.

Dirk Diggler

Correct.

Never a left back.

The boy's got something, of that i'm sure.

Problem is, I don't think I want Obua to play left back, by all accounts he is really good going forward from midfield which is something we really need at the moment

I think Lee is ok but i'd look to get another LB once we have another striker and a RB

he's only a young lad! give him a chance, far too many being negative on the back of one game

I have gave him a chance for a full back you need:

Positional sense - He has none.

Pace - He has little

Strength - Even less

Bottle - Non existent

The problem is we have full backs, not wing backs. You just have to look at Takis Fyssas' link up play with the midfield in his first season to know what a good wing back is capable of. Csaba needs to make sure our attacking approach starts from the back also.

Snake Plissken

He's a good player who will get better - maybe better suited for midfield though.

The danger is Wallace has been on the scene a while but has yet to find a position that suits his strengths.

His energy, running and drive may suit the middle of the park more than being out on the flanks.

He got the utter pish taken out of him by a centre-half for their first goal today and is another accident waiting to happen at LB. I agree with others who have said he may be suited to another position (as his defensive limitations are all too apparent all too often), however he had better find and establish one soon or his days could be numbered.

Jambof3tornado

Lee Wallace aka Shooter,is the new Robbie.

I agree though he hasnt been good enough for a long while and memories of Jose G only disguise how poor Lee has become. He may come on to become a better player but he isnt good enough for Hearts.:sad:

100 percent correct ps to people who say empty him you are ether off your ****ing heads or you need to sober up empty one of the best talents we have in a squad full of makelas nades neilsons ect ect jesus.h.christ

I have to admit i quite like Lee Wallace, and if him and driver can gain a bit of composure as they mature i think we could have a good left flank there! The biggest concern for me, especially today was our right flank, i know Thomson hasn't been in there long but he doesn't get forward enough, and larry wasn't interested today. You need your wide players pushing down the wings, at least wallace tries to do this!

I have to admit i quite like Lee Wallace, and if him and driver can gain a bit of composure as they mature i think we could have a good left flank there! The biggest concern for me, especially today was our right flank, i know Thomson hasn't been in there long but he doesn't get forward enough, and larry wasn't interested today. You need your wide players pushing down the wings, at least wallace tries to do this!

again 100 percent correct especially re larry who is becoming a worry he does not seem to be as energised as the rest of the squad (though of course when he puts his mind to it he has more talent than most of the squad but>>>>)

Elliot gets dogs abuse when he tries his best and puts a shift in most weeks. Every time Wallace plays he is beaten by the diagnol ball (Hibs match first game of last season EVERY time) he was ripped by a centre half today for thier goal, his posistional sense is awful. Maybe he will be better in a different posistion but to continually say he is one of our best prospects, please!!!

again 100 percent correct especially re larry who is becoming a worry he does not seem to be as energised as the rest of the squad (though of course when he puts his mind to it he has more talent than most of the squad but>>>>)

I like Larry, but would rather he played just behind the strikers. I don't think he's done enough at right midfield for us to keep playing him there. It's annoying because for Ghana during the African nations he looked quite good for them there. Maybe it would help if we had a better right back who overlapped more.

The biggest problem Lee Wallace has is concentration. Lots of ability (most of which is so far unfulfilled) but at the moment against the better sides he is always liable to make a mistake and he's got to cut it out of his game. He cost us the first goal today, which was clearly going to be key and was the pivotal moment in the game.

Agree that his best position might be in midfield but can't see him get a game there given all the players we have available for those positions.

bang,bang ,will be hooked ,when big davie O is fit.

I hope not. I want to see Obua (as well as Kingston) in a far more influential position than left back.

Totally agree.he is big enough and old enough now,thought last season he was not good enough,now im convinced!we need two mayburys for left and right back!we are still lacking a lot of quality in our side,im convinced giving the backing our new manager will sort it out! keep away vlad!:rolleyes:

Hearts of Vladland

Lee's goal against Motherwell I think was a good. He run about 70 yards played a 1,2 with someone and place the ball in the back of the net. So he can get forward and do some damage.

Forget Dougal. Forget the SFA. Wallace cost us the game today.

WE all knew before the season started we had poor full backs and no threat up front. No one should be surprised we've lost a game beacuse of it.

Give him a chance FFS, only 2 games into the season. Give him time with Csaba and you never know. Yeah, his performance today was poor but he has potential and is still very young!

rudi must stay

think that might be abit too severe as he is a talented player. Just don't think he's a left-back as he is too attacking-minded

Miller Jambo 60

Sorry mate geting money he was the one that cost us

I have also said that for a long time.

He is a good prospect but is only put at left back as we have been looking for one and he is left footed. Central midfield is his position.

By all accounts was at fault for the goal yesterday. Lee needs to start playing like he did when he first came into the team, otherwise it's time to go.

Hopefully Obua will be fit soon.

By all accounts was at fault for the goal yesterday.

He was the main culprit. Our defending didn't look too clever when the ball came in either. I'm sure someone took a fresh air swipe at the ball. :mad:

How's the braille version of the Sunday Sport?

Miller Jambo 60
He was the main culprit. Our defending didn't look too clever when the ball came in either. I'm sure someone took a fresh air swipe at the ball. :mad:

Like i said last night he cost us end off

gets plenty money no excuse:mad:

Not bad although I look like Ray Charles today. Sitting in the house with my Ray Bans on as eyes hurt.

Guest JamboRobbo

Lee Wallace was poor at the first goal yesterday. But anyone who can't see he's a good football player with a big future, doesn't know much about football.

Lee Wallace was poor at the first goal yesterday. But anyone who can't see he's a good football player with a big future, doesn't know much about football.

He may well be a good footballer, but you're no use to the team if you can't tackle a fish supper.

I think he's a terrible player who leaks goals at an alarming rate whenever he plays full back.

We have far better players to play in midfeild which makes him redundant in my view.

Get rid.

Guest JamboRobbo
He may well be a good footballer, but you're no use to the team if you can't tackle a fish supper.

Agree, the defensive side of his game is too weak for a left back. So he either works on it and gets a run, and reaches the level required. Or he is played in a different position. Or he drops out.

I agree it's an issue, but anyone suggesting he's not got talent as a player needs their eyes looked at.

Agree, the defensive side of his game is too weak for a left back. So he either works on it and gets a run, and reaches the level required. Or he is played in a different position. Or he drops out.

I agree it's an issue, but anyone suggesting he's not got talent as a player needs their eyes looked at.

Hopefully the manager will coach him to the required level JR. I'm not disputing the boy can play but he makes too many mistakes for my liking.

Guest JamboRobbo
Hopefully the manager will coach him to the required level JR. I'm not disputing the boy can play but he makes too many mistakes for my liking.

I agree too he does make too many mistakes. Something that has to be worked on. But he has talent in there too was my point. I think we agree on this one.

We have 2 twenty year olds down our left hand side of the team -- both have a lot to learn but for some to judge them so early in their careers is harsh -- we are in a rebuilding phase at the moment and part of that is bringing in young players and playing them on a regular basis -- this means they will make mistakes in the glare of first team scrutiny -- give them a break --if the same things happened on a regular basis next season then perhaps a harsher judgement can be made but not at present.

Some here seem to expect instant miracles and a title challenge this season -- not going to happen ------------- what we can expect is a more organised, disciplined team (despite yesterday) and a team that will grow together.

We are not it seems getting much of a mention for being a young team but the average age is one of the youngest in living memory -- a young team will not get worse and with luck and preparation will get better.

Don't know where to fit Wallace into the team, he's certainly no left-back, never has been and left midfield, he loses the ball too often and struggles to get decent crosses in, personally, i'd sign a left-back and then punt him, didn't Rangers show an interest in him a couple of months ago? Seems the perfect Walter Smith player then.....an average player who'll look better at Ibrox just because of who they are and the press of course will build up to get him into the Scotland squad (Tosh McKinlay anyone?), unless Csabba can get the best out of him. He's been in and around the first team 4 years and don't think he'll get any better now

Is it my imagination or does Lee Wallace have the footballing grace of a coal miner?

It looks like he has steel toe caps in his boots....

Another very disappointing performance for Wallace. The opening 3 games have been a great opportunity for him to grab the left back position for the season but to be honest he has been murder and in my opinion is now running out of chances. Think Csaba now needs to sign a left back as he will want Obua in a more influential position.

Sadly Wallace is going the same way as Simmons and Elliot.

The problem is we have full backs, not wing backs. You just have to look at Takis Fyssas' link up play with the midfield in his first season to know what a good wing back is capable of. Csaba needs to make sure our attacking approach starts from the back also.
Csaba will figure it out:)

We have 2 twenty year olds down our left hand side of the team -- both have a lot to learn but for some to judge them so early in their careers is harsh -- we are in a rebuilding phase at the moment and part of that is bringing in young players and playing them on a regular basis -- this means they will make mistakes in the glare of first team scrutiny -- give them a break --if the same things happened on a regular basis next season then perhaps a harsher judgement can be made but not at present.

Some here seem to expect instant miracles and a title challenge this season -- not going to happen ------------- what we can expect is a more organised, disciplined team (despite yesterday) and a team that will grow together.

We are not it seems getting much of a mention for being a young team but the average age is one of the youngest in living memory -- a young team will not get worse and with luck and preparation will get better.

We are being asked to be more positive. I am:) Lets see what we have here;):)

Another very disappointing performance for Wallace. The opening 3 games have been a great opportunity for him to grab the left back position for the season but to be honest he has been murder and in my opinion is now running out of chances. Think Csaba now needs to sign a left back as he will want Obua in a more influential position.

Sadly Wallace is going the same way as Simmons and Elliot.

Spot on magicTs. His concentration is virtually non-existant. I know he's young but he's been about hte first team now for a few years. This was his big chance to make the LB jersey his own but so far he hasn't taken it. :(

loveofthegame

If he'd scored with that great run in the first few mins the chat on here would be very different i'd imagine. I honestly believe he's got a lot of talent.

However, in saying that i fear that JammyT's comments might not be too far off the mark- needs to concentrate more and show the ability he undoubtedly has.

Archived