Jamie Mole today

Groot

Thought he had another good shift today, worked the Rangers defence non stop and won a few headers, if he had a decent partner up there we could be quite dangerous. Just a pity he had to come off early after the red card as he was beginning to get a bit of space.

Him and Tullberg could be an interesting partnership but probably wouldn't get us too many goals, he's definately proven himself to be one of the main picks for up front in the last couple of weeks IMO

Thought he had another good shift today, worked the Rangers defence non stop and won a few headers, if he had a decent partner up there we could be quite dangerous. Just a pity he had to come off early after the red card as he was beginning to get a bit of space.

Him and Tullberg could be an interesting partnership but probably wouldn't get us too many goals, he's definately proven himself to be one of the main picks for up front in the last couple of weeks IMO

best of a very weak bunch in my opinion. he's got some pace and strength but he still doesn't know how to hold the ball up. also when he did find space he didn't use it particularly well, running at players but no real clue how to go past them. i don't see him as a finisher and therefore just don't see much use for him.

unless we see significant improvement from nade then i think we need tullberg and a.n.other to start up front (assuming that tullberg is better than what we have)

best of a very weak bunch in my opinion. he's got some pace and strength but he still doesn't know how to hold the ball up. also when he did find space he didn't use it particularly well, running at players but no real clue how to go past them. i don't see him as a finisher and therefore just don't see much use for him.

unless we see significant improvement from nade then i think we need tullberg and a.n.other to start up front (assuming that tullberg is better than what we have)

He's till only 20 though so there is time to improve, he looked better second half when he had Nade up with him. I think a big problem we have is we don't have an experienced head up front to help the young guys coming through

Robbo had Jimmy Bone and Durie and Jackson were kicking about when Wales and Kirk were breaking into the team. I think Mole and Glen need something like that to pass on the tricks of the trade for want of a better term

csaba the hut!

Mole to me will never make it at hearts not attacking minded enough,very average to me never looks like scoring!!

siegementality

Jamie Mole, a poor mans Kenny Millar who scores less goals, or should that be scores no goals.

Jamie Mole, a poor mans Kenny Millar who scores less goals, or should that be scores no goals.

Is there a need to be permanently negative?

I'm not saying he is the answer to our goal scoring problems but he's played well the past couple of games and his performance was one of the few positives to come out of today

We're never going to play with two out and out goal scorers (one would be nice though :P) but you need someone who is going to do the dirty stuff. Tullberg is likely to be that person but Mole can be a decent back up and in the lack of a decent partner for Tullberg playing Mole and Tullberg may be worth a shot if Nade and Glen are not to full fitness in the coming weeks.

It should be "fewer goals".

siegementality
Is there a need to be permanently negative?

I'm not saying he is the answer to our goal scoring problems but he's played well the past couple of games and his performance was one of the few positives to come out of today

We're never going to play with two out and out goal scorers (one would be nice though :P) but you need someone who is going to do the dirty stuff. Tullberg is likely to be that person but Mole can be a decent back up and in the lack of a decent partner for Tullberg playing Mole and Tullberg may be worth a shot if Nade and Glen are not to full fitness in the coming weeks.

Jamie Mole is simply not of the required standard to play for Hearts. I couldn't give a feck who thinks otherwise. If Csaba thinks Jamie Mole is of the standard required then Csabas standards are not as high as mine.

Jamie Moles doesn't score goals or set up goals, he works hard, well so do I, but that doesn't make me a decent fecking football player.

siegementality
It should be "fewer goals".

Can you provide Moles games/goals record for Hearts, thanks.

Can you provide Moles games/goals record for Hearts, thanks.

Sorry. No.

Try London Hearts.

Merely correcting your grammar.

Pedantry rules.;)

Chris Benoit

:hobofish:

Only joking bruv!

If Csaba thinks Jamie Mole is of the standard required then Csabas standards are not as high as mine.

Going by your high standards, who should we play, Rooney, Torres or Henry?

It's Hearts for god sake, as I said Mole is not the answer but he can do a job and he's shown me more in the last 2 games than Elliot did all last season and with a decent partner I think he can get a goal or two

Chris Benoit

It's Hearts for god sake, as I said Mole is not the answer but he can do a job and he's shown me more in the last 2 games than Elliot did all last season and with a decent partner I think he can get a goal or two

Agree 100% we are never going to be able to bring in an established 20 goal a season striker all we can do is bring on and encourage youngsters or bring in someone like Velicka who's unknown and hope they come good.

Tullbergs scoring record before he went to Reggina was excellent (according to wiki anyway) and Mole has been our best player in the 2 games we've played so who's to say they won't form a strong partnership instead of condemning them before they've had a chance to play together maybe we should wait and see!

Exactly mate, getting majorly pessed off with this one upfront.

It just gives opposition defences plenty room when we should be puting them under presh.

Exactly mate, getting majorly pessed off with this one upfront.

It just gives opposition defences plenty room when we should be puting them under presh.

In all fairness to Csaba you can only **** with the c0ck you've got and due to injuries/suspensions/first touch being a liability we've been left a little short up front

If we're still playing 4-5-1 come mid September I'll be disappointed though as Tullberg/Nade/Glen/Mole should all be fit and available + hopefully at least 1 other

In all fairness to Csaba you can only **** with the c0ck you've got and due to injuries/suspensions/first touch being a liability we've been left a little short up front

If we're still playing 4-5-1 come mid September I'll be disappointed though as Tullberg/Nade/Glen/Mole should all be fit and available + hopefully at least 1 other

Again, i see no point in having so many forwards if we play one up top and out of them Mole wouldn`t be first choice, imo.

If we are to bring on the young players i`d like to see Nade/Tullberg allied with Glen (who is a natural finisher) and see how we go. If Mole continues to progress then fair enough, we keep him as back up or rotate with Glen.

We have the football in the midfield to create for these guys, there`s no need to swamp the midfield.

winston churchill

mole is a striker that can/will run about all day like a headless chicken,but he wont score goals.

Snake Plissken

I like Jamie Mole.

I also think he's a good player, he's shone in youth and reserve levels and may in time shine in the first team. I was getting pretty sick of people lumping him in with Elliot when talking about the weaknesses in our attack. He was put in the team too early for his own good and now he's starting to show some form - a goal next week is badly needed though.

siegementality

Did I say Henry, Rooney or Torres?

If you think Jamie Mole is good enough for Hearts and your opoion is shared by the majority of Hearts supporters then guess what, that's why Jamie Mole is a Hearts player. Personally I aspire for better than him, someone who might actually score more than "a goal or two". Your "Mole is better than Clum" comparision says it all.

siegementality
Agree 100% we are never going to be able to bring in an established 20 goal a season striker all we can do is bring on and encourage youngsters or bring in someone like Velicka who's unknown and hope they come good.

Tullbergs scoring record before he went to Reggina was excellent (according to wiki anyway) and Mole has been our best player in the 2 games we've played so who's to say they won't form a strong partnership instead of condemning them before they've had a chance to play together maybe we should wait and see!

Why not?

siegementality
Mole for Hearts

13/3 = 0.23 Goals a game.

Miller for Rangers

51/11 = 0.21 Goals a game.

Well all Mole has to do now is maintain his current strike record for another 38games and he'll be better then Miller, oh aye plus become an internationalist, play in the EPL and get bought for ?4 million.

Why not?

I think the key word was established, how much do you think one will cost? We have to bring one through ourselves or develop a player from outside

Well all Mole has to do now is maintain his current strike record for another 38games and he'll be better then Miller, oh aye plus become an internationalist, play in the EPL and get bought for ?4 million.

Play for England?

Mate, just face the fact that you got owned by stats.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Mole reminds me of Paul Dickov without the aggression.

He needs some coaching to show him how to make a run to create a half yard from a defender. He doesn't have a clue how to do that.

Decent player that needs a hand up there. I feel sorry for him, we are basing our whole attack on him. Big ask for a youngish lad that has not played loads of games for us. I would feel better judging him when he has a partner up there with him.

siegementality
Play for England?

Mate, just face the fact that you got owned by stats.

Owned by stats! 0.02 of a goal more having played 38 games less, really!

I'll bookmark this thread and bring it to your attention when Mole has played/if he plays another 38 games for Hearts.

siegementality
Decent player that needs a hand up there. I feel sorry for him, we are basing our whole attack on him. Big ask for a youngish lad that has not played loads of games for us. I would feel better judging him when he has a partner up there with him.

Do you think he is a goal scorer?

Do you think he is a goal scorer?

Hard to say siege,

I remember him coming into the team first time, playing with another striker and scoring a couple. Since then I have seen him play wide for Hearts or up top on his own. There are two things I would like to see, first I would like to see him with another striker, also, I would like to see him if we could get a wide player to cross/pass to him. Had Driver rolled the ball to his feet last week when he was in acres of space he HAD to score.

Time will tell I'spose.

siegementality
Hard to say siege,

I remember him coming into the team first time, playing with another striker and scoring a couple. Since then I have seen him play wide for Hearts or up top on his own. There are two things I would like to see, first I would like to see him with another striker, also, I would like to see him if we could get a wide player to cross/pass to him. Had Driver rolled the ball to his feet last week when he was in acres of space he HAD to score.

Time will tell I'spose.

Fair enough, I'm not at all sure. The fact we have no cash to get in a decent striker will dictate how much he plays more than anything.

Fair enough, I'm not at all sure. The fact we have no cash to get in a decent striker will dictate how much he plays more than anything.

I'm far from sure as well. As you say, we can only pick players that we have. I would have argued that John Robertson would not have scored yesterday, never mind Jamie Mole.

Jamie Mole. Lots of effort and running around. Zero goalscoring threat. Time to get rid.

Jam Tarts 1874

Mole will be better suited to playing off a big striker like Tullberg or Nade in a 4-4-2, hopefully we will see this partnership, or maybe Tullberg/Nade with Glen next week.

It was interesting to see that it was only after Nade came on yesterday that Hearts managed to get some decent possession in the last 3rd of the pitch and got a bit of pressure on Rangers which could have led to a penalty.

Charlie-Brown
I'm far from sure as well. As you say, we can only pick players that we have. I would have argued that John Robertson would not have scored yesterday, never mind Jamie Mole.

There was plenty games at Ibrox that John Robertson didn't score and they put 3 or 4 past us - I watched too many of those - games where Hearts folded and barely created a chance.

Yesterday we matched Rangers, neither team had many chances - the game turned on 2 or 3 incidents, the goals, penalty claims & sending off.

Jamie Mole put in a good shift yesterday and nobody can criticise him for not scoring when zero scoring chances were created for him personally - if he was missing crucial chances then you could understand criticism but he did something that Nade isn't able to do and worked the Rangers back line for 75 minutes, Nade is solid and a handful for defenders but he is fairly immobile.

There was plenty games at Ibrox that John Robertson didn't score and they put 3 or 4 past us - I watched too many of those - games where Hearts folded and barely created a chance.

Yesterday we matched Rangers, neither team had many chances - the game turned on 2 or 3 incidents, the goals, penalty claims & sending off.

Jamie Mole put in a good shift yesterday and nobody can criticise him for not scoring when zero scoring chances were created for him personally - if he was missing crucial chances then you could understand criticism but he did something that Nade isn't able to do and worked the Rangers back line for 75 minutes, Nade is solid and a handful for defenders but he is fairly immobile.

Isn't that just what I said but with more words? :)

Archived