Let's Keep Things in perspective

cosanostra

We should cash in our chips on Kingston. Plays when he wants to and very seldom takes games by the scruff of the neck.

High earner, we are not seeing a return on it.

I have to agree with this. I would take anything above ?2 million for him. In fact I would bite your hand off for ?2 million.

Didn't really expect anything today.

I will expect 3 points next week though.

Beating the OF in Glasgow is a rarety.

Too true, remember this is the same team as last year :eek: :eek:

marcomanhmfc

I thought as whole the team was playing some pretty good football but without going down the same road as the majority of hibs fans its all about putting the ball in the back of the net. As everyone knows we need a out and out striker but in my opinion we also need to work on our delivery's into the box as i didn't think they were accurate enough. Feel very sorry for Miko as he was harshly booked for the "dive" but i felt that although the second one was a booking he was just trying his best to get the ball back for the team.

Still feel very optimistic about this season as i know that if we play like that and the ref's dont play up to the old firm, we'll definitely be in the top six at least. Also very proud of Casba as i thought at one point he was going to lose it at dougal when he came onto the field, who could blame him, but he did the mature thing and made sure none of the squad spoke to him.

Bring on next week.

Well done hearts.:)

portobellojambo1
Work in progress is the right phrase - that said, thought we were pretty gutless today and had too many players hiding.

Not sure if there were players hiding or if it was more a case of (a) an influential player such as Laryea Kingston failed to have any impact on the game (which I suppose could be termed "hiding" right enough) and (B) our lack of a totally ruthless, proven goalscorer was shown up again.

When the fixtures came out I looked at about the first 10 games and thought, on paper, the two most difficult looked to be the opening two, versus Motherwell (I based my thoughts on last season's performance by them) and Rangers, and felt I would be happy if we came though those two games with 2 points (again based on our performances last season).

We have now completed those two games with 3 points, so are ahead of my target. We now have a bunch of fixtures which again on paper look winnable if we perform similarly to the way we performed against Motherwell, so at this early stage I think it is a bit early to start getting all doom laden.

I honestly think people lost touch with reality last week in the run up to yesterday's game versus the huns. Take into account some of the following:

• Mole and Ksanvicius scored 1 SPL goal between them last season. I like Mole and think he has potential, but the he is still fairly raw and is most certainly not a proven SPL goalscorer and Ksanvicius is quite simply one of the worst players in the SPL. They were up against two proven SPL goalscorers in Boyd and Velicka, both regulars for their countries, who scored 40 times as many goals between them last season.

• Rangers probably spent more on players over the course of the weekend (?3million on Mendes, ?2.5 million on Edu and ?3million on Davis) than Hearts have done in total in the past 10 years.

• They have better quality players than us in virtually every position.

• I think we have something like 3 wins at Ibrox in the past 20 years.

Winning at Ibrox is far too ambitious for Hearts at this stage. Once Csaba has bedded some of the new players into the team, who knows, but at the moment it is far more important that we consistently take points from the non-old firm teams.

Guest JamboRobbo
I honestly think people lost touch with reality last week in the run up to yesterday's game versus the huns. Take into account some of the following:

• Mole and Ksanvicius scored 1 SPL goal between them last season. I like Mole and think he has potential, but the he is still fairly raw and is most certainly not a proven SPL goalscorer and Ksanvicius is quite simply one of the worst players in the SPL. They were up against two proven SPL goalscorers in Boyd and Velicka, both regulars for their countries, who scored 40 times as many goals between them last season.

• Rangers probably spent more on players over the course of the weekend (?3million on Mendes, ?2.5 million on Edu and ?3million on Davis) than Hearts have done in total in the past 10 years.
  • They have better quality players than us in virtually every position.
  • I think we have something like 3 wins at Ibrox in the past 20 years.

Winning at Ibrox is far too ambitious for Hearts at this stage. Once Csaba has bedded some of the new players into the team, who knows, but at the moment it is far more important that we consistently take points from the non-old firm teams.

Agree entirely. We're a million miles behind the level required to be EXPECTING to do something at ibrox. It might happen now and again if we get lucky, but right now, we need to aim for something realistic - and I think "best of the rest" is not outwith the realms of possibility.

Key for me, is that Csaba is allowed to do his thing WITHOUT interference. Right now, I'm encouraged that he seems to be getting a decent level of control, but slightly concerned about some things like the goalie situation, where I feel he may have had his hand forced to play one of the younger keepers yesterday rather than Banks.

Archived