Let's Keep Things in perspective

cosanostra

Far better Hearts teams than the one that took to the field today have been beaten at Ibrox.

Once again, refereeing decisions have played a huge part in a Old Firm team victory - we all knew that this would happen, it always does.

This is a blow for Miko but he's been through worse, the fans support will help.

We now have a home game against an unfancied team next week and 2 new signings who will hopefully be fit and ready to go. Next week we can start again and try and build up some momentum. Csaba knows we are still desperately lacking in certain areas and we think he's working on that.

In fact, the whole team is the early stages of a work in progress. I don't think we should be feeling too down or disappointed tonight.

**** it, roll on next Saturday.

Dirk Diggler

I hear you Cosa.

I feel sorry for the thousand fans though.

It's not a level playing field.

:sad:

siegementality
Far better Hearts teams than the one that took to the field today have been beaten at Ibrox.

Once again, refereeing decisions have played a huge part in a Old Firm team victory - we all knew that this would happen, it always does.

This is a blow for Miko but he's been through worse, the fans support will help.

We now have a home game against an unfancied team next week and 2 new signings who will hopefully be fit and ready to go. Next week we can start again and try and build up some momentum. Csaba knows we are still desperately lacking in certain areas and we think he's working on that.

In fact, the whole team is the early stages of a work in progress. I don't think we should be feeling too down or disappointed tonight.

Heart of Midlothian:[/b] MacDonald - Thomson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace - Kingston, Stewart, Karipidis, Driver - Ksnavicius - Mole

Anybody who thought the above team would get any kind of a result against the rioters was having a laugh, and that includes Csasba.

Work in progress is the right phrase - that said, thought we were pretty gutless today and had too many players hiding.

Work in progress is the right phrase - that said, thought we were pretty gutless today and had too many players hiding.

Yeah, Larry needs to really start stepping up to the plate.

Wallace and Audrey are just ****, hopefull Big Mike and Obua will slot into their places and quickly.

I also feel sorry for the away support, they sounded like they gave the team a whole lot of backing.

I managed to see the whole of the second half.

I thought we didnt play that brilliantly but looked fairly comfortable.

Again towards the end, they get a break, when the ref seemed to miss not 1 but 2 handballs in the box in quick succession and deny us a clear penalty.

Then minutes later award them a penalty, must admit I thought Wallace was a little unlucky.

Rangers may have deserved to win but only just.

Roll on next Saturday, when we can beat St Midden, hopefully with Obua, Tullberg and another striker in the side.

Didn't really expect anything today.

I will expect 3 points next week though.

Beating the OF in Glasgow is a rarety.

Hear hear. I was more optimistic going into this game than I have been recently when Hearts have gone away to Rangers, however deep down how many of us really expected to take anything today? Especially with our poor record at Castle Greyskull and the prospect of dodgy refereeing virtually a given in these fixtures. I'll be much more worried if we don't take 3 pts next week, for now **** 'em!

Yeah, Larry needs to really start stepping up to the plate.

Wallace and Audrey are just ****, hopefull Big Mike and Obua will slot into their places and quickly.

I also feel sorry for the away support, they sounded like they gave the team a whole lot of backing.

We should cash in our chips on Kingston. Plays when he wants to and very seldom takes games by the scruff of the neck.

High earner, we are not seeing a return on it.

Didn't really expect anything today.

I will expect 3 points next week though.

Beating the OF in Glasgow is a rarety.

Spot on IMO.

We dont play the other half of the ugly sisters till November 1st.

We must make sure we take as many points as possible before then, starting against St Midden, next week.

The People's Chimp
I hear you Cosa.

it's not at all is it.

The referees are just so far in favour of the OF, you simply will not get any breaks, and you have to raise your game. we couldn't do that sadly.

Hear hear. I was more optimistic going into this game than I have been recently when Hearts have gone away to Rangers, however deep down how many of us really expected to take anything today? Especially with our poor record at Castle Greyskull and the prospect of dodgy refereeing virtually a given in these fixtures. I'll be much more worried if we don't take 3 pts next week, for now **** 'em!

Exactly Paws, it's all about St Midden now.

With the fans behind the players and manager and maybe a debut or 2 from the newbie's we can start all over again.

this_is_my_story

Good post.

One of the most pleasing things was the way we continued to try to pass the ball, even towards the end of the game, rather than resort to the aimless & hopeful long punts. Okay it didn't bring an equaliser, but for me it shows Csaba has already got his point accross to the players in terms of how he wants them to play.

Just don't get me started on that breast of a 'referee'.

Totally agree. I feel sorry for Miko but apart from that not too downhearted. We are definitely on the up and hopefully will see St Mirren off convinvingly next week.

bean counter
Work in progress is the right phrase - QUOTE]

Could not have put it better.

Csasba knows he has a way to go to mould the team the way he wants. He has still got a couple of weeks of the transfer window if he can bring anyone else in. It won't happen overnight and he will make mistakes along the way.

I for one am prepared to give him the time.

We should cash in our chips on Kingston. Plays when he wants to and very seldom takes games by the scruff of the neck.

High earner, we are not seeing a return on it.

Not a bad shout mate, if someone offered 2m and we could be assured that the money was given to Shabba, i'd say sell as well. The longer he plays to his current form though, the less his actual value is going to be.

i kind of agree with the miko bit cosanostra but he is a liability for us. the refs have got it in for him and the slightest mistake or simulation is punished he should be sent back to kaunus for his and hearts sake he will never get a fair deal in this corrupt country.He will cost us this season. The sfa are w@nkers:mad:. time for miko to make a fresh start . ps when he is on song he is a great wee player pity:(

Greedy_Jambo
I hear you Cosa.

In the whole 1st half ... how many times did we trouble alan mcgregor?

close to zero. the refs performance doesn't matter today.

Mot a bad shout mate, if someone offered 2m and we could be assured that the money was given to Shabba, i'd say sell as well. The longer he plays to his current form though, the less his actual value is going to be.

2 million would be a great deal for the club.

Spot on IMO.

We dont play the other half of the ugly sisters till November 1st.

We must make sure we take as many points as possible before then, starting against St Midden, next week.

Yip.

Need to be racking up the points when it comes to teams like St Mirren.

Roll on next weekend.

Well if it was the same line-up that played against Motherwell last week then i'm not surprised we lost! I said last week that he should change that team for the Rangers game, for everyone that got over excited after beating Motherwell, we still lost two stupid goals against them. Zaliukas should've been dropped, Karipidis brought back alongside Berra, Miko should've been wide right with Kingston playing in midfield behind the striker to link with Mole and Ksanavicius. Expected the loss, hoped it wouldn't happen, but it did!

Jam Tarts 1874
Heart of Midlothian:[/b] MacDonald - Thomson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace - Kingston, Stewart, Karipidis, Driver - Ksnavicius - Mole

Anybody who thought the above team would get any kind of a result against the rioters was having a laugh, and that includes Csasba.

I bet you are delighted this evening. :mad:

Dirk Diggler
In the whole 1st half ... how many times did we trouble alan mcgregor?

close to zero. the refs performance doesn't matter today.

See, It's that attitude that gets right on my tits.

How does the refs performance not matter?

It wouldn't matter if we never got out of our own half for the whole 90mins.

We had a player sent off who should not have, He will miss next weeks game.

After your last few posts, I suggest you engage your brain before typing.

Well if it was the same line-up that played against Motherwell last week then i'm not surprised we lost! I said last week that he should change that team for the Rangers game, for everyone that got over excited after beating Motherwell, we still lost two stupid goals against them. Zaliukas should've been dropped, Karipidis brought back alongside Berra, Miko should've been wide right with Kingston playing in midfield behind the striker to link with Mole and Ksanavicius. Expected the loss, hoped it wouldn't happen, but it did!

Did you expect last week's win and gloat so afterwards?

I'd have dropped Audrey and Zali, moved Karipidis to centre half, Kingston to centre mid and started Miko wide right.

Not sure how long Miko would have lasted if he'd started though. :biggrin:

Greedy_Jambo
See, It's that attitude that gets right on my tits.

How does the refs performance not matter?

It wouldn't matter if we never got out of our own half for the whole 90mins.

We had a player sent off who should not have, He will miss next weeks game.

After your last few posts, I suggest you engage your brain before typing.

Im not going to trade insults with a fellow jambo. I'll just say.. if we were good enough we would of won today.

Our best player today by far...

i kind of agree with the miko bit cosanostra but he is a liability for us. the refs have got it in for him and the slightest mistake or simulation is punished he should be sent back to kaunus for his and hearts sake he will never get a fair deal in this corrupt country.He will cost us this season. The sfa are w@nkers:mad:. time for miko to make a fresh start . ps when he is on song he is a great wee player pity:(

I know what you mean jam.

Miko is a marked man in Scotland and there is **** all we can do about it apart from get behind the guy and give him our support.

Dirk Diggler
Im not going to trade insults with a fellow jambo. I'll just say.. if we were good enough we would of won today.

And if the ref had 'performed' we would have finished with 11 men on the park.

I'm not suggesting we deserved to take anything out of the game but to suggest the referees performance today does not matter, is a nonsense imo.

Same old story when we go through there.

Go there and don't even put up a fight, generally give it a go at Parkhead but never do feck all at Hunbrox. Frustrating.

I'm not suggesting we deserved to take anything out of the game but to suggest the referees performance today does not matter, is a nonsense imo.

The refereeing performance was about as we expected. With a completely neutral ref, that game would have been 1-0 Huns instead of 2-0. He probably didn't affect the result, he just made the score worse. Pretty typical display of refereeing OF games IMO.

Greedy_Jambo

Well after seeing miko against hull... he came on as a sub and was asking to be sent off. Im not saying that the ref has made the right decision to send him off or not.. im just saying we shouldn't have to rely on refs. we should get up the park and punish teams.

He did well too. Look like a good central defensive pairing again.

Left back was our problem position today.

The refereeing performance was about as we expected. With a completely neutral ref, that game would have been 1-0 Huns instead of 2-0. He probably didn't affect the result, he just made the score worse. Pretty typical display of refereeing OF games IMO.

I don't think thats necessarily true. With a "completely neutral referee" Hearts would have still had 11 men (at least beyond the 72 min point). At 1-0down, Hearts could have been awarded and scored a penalty. This may have changed the game and we could have left with a point. All my opinion of course ;)

Believe me mate, i was never gloating about last weeks win, if you'd read my posts from then you'd know that! Briefly, i said it was a good 3 points and a good start for Csabba, but i thought we'd need to switch a few players against Rangers as we were defending far too deep and that Rangers might not be that great but still better than M'well, think that was a fair reflection on the game no?

I hear you Cosa.

It wasn't a level playing field, as sadly they have better players than we do.

It's as simple as that. To say the referee cost us anything is ridiculous.

If you watch the highlights on the tv, or on the net, you'll see apart from Miko's first booking the ref got the big decisions spot on.

Left back was our problem position today.

Agree with you there. Wallace was skinned on more than one occassion, hopefully Obua will be the answer to our LB problem.

Hilary Briss

To be fair, there werent many other options. Personally, I would have had ruben or eggert in middle & karapidis at RB as I thought Thompson was poor last week and I dont fancy Audrey for tuppence but you cant blame the guy for giving a winning side another chance.

Tullberg & Obua will make a difference, although I think we defo need a RB and another striker.

Harry Palmer

What exactly were people expecting?

That we would suddenly become brilliant because we have a new manager. It takes time, we are not that good a side and are now a 'work in progress'.

The next few games we are more than capable of winning, as far as I'm concerned, we need to concentrate on winning games against the other teams before thinking of doing anything else.

So, we're back in crisis mode are we?

Our best player today by far...

Some people said that last week too but the highlights showed Zaliukas was partly to blame for both M'well's goals with Thomson for the first, Makela for the second

I don't think thats necessarily true. With a "completely neutral referee" Hearts would have still had 11 men (at least beyond the 72 min point). At 1-0down, Hearts could have been awarded and scored a penalty. This may have changed the game and we could have left with a point. All my opinion of course ;)

My comment was really just a supposition after reflection of balance of play.

Hearts didn't offer enough going forward to really earn a point.

ScottishSandstorm

Next week: Kello; Thomson, Zaliukas, Berra, Obua; Chesney, Stewart, Karipidis, Driver; Nade, Glen

Bench: MacDonald, Wallace, Kingston, Palazuelos, Jonsson, Tullberg, Mole

This game was unlucky. I think we can go on a huge run now and rocket up the table.

The Real Maroonblood
Next week: Kello; Thomson, Zaliukas, Berra, Obua; Chesney, Stewart, Karipidis, Driver; Nade, Glen

Bench: MacDonald, Wallace, Kingston, Palazuelos, Jonsson, Tullberg, Mole

This game was unlucky. I think we can go on a huge run now and rocket up the table.

Whatever you are drinking can I please have some.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

My comment was really just a supposition after reflection of balance of play.

Hearts didn't offer enough going forward to really earn a point.

I agree, we didn't deserve a point today. Only one real shot IIRC (Audrey's), but I would have taken a point all the same ;)

Everybody loves Baz
Whatever you are drinking can I please have some.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Instead of laughing at the guy why don't you make a suggestion ??

FWIW i think he'll not be far away with that team.

siegementality
To be fair, there werent many other options. Personally, I would have had ruben or eggert in middle & karapidis at RB as I thought Thompson was poor last week and I dont fancy Audrey for tuppence but you cant blame the guy for giving a winning side another chance.

Tullberg & Obua will make a difference, although I think we defo need a RB and another striker.

Well mate your changes would have improved the team IMO. I'd have put Nade on from the start for Mole, even if he would only last a half.

Mole and Audrey up front, the rioters must have been sheitting themselves.

chester copperpot

Just in from the game, would've been an hour earlier, but had to get off the bus at Bishopbriggs for a Johnny Cash.

Hearts were poor today, but no more poor than Rangers, who only won due to their support and the helping hand of the ref (never a foul for the first goal).

Here's my thoughts. Nade caused a few probs when he came on, we need big Tullberg up beside's him if we're going to challenge for 3rd though. I had to leave after 75 mins as was getting my kids, but from what I saw the 2nd half, looks like Jamie Mole will be well out his depth in the top 6 of the SPL. He deserved a chance after last week though.

We sat too deep, which isn't surprising given this was Ibrox, but Rangers were so poor, any attack we could muster looked dangerous, hopefully the other SPL teams will take note.

Thought Lee Wallace and Driver were very poor down the left today, and as soon as David Obua comes in the better for me.

Ach we could go one all night, Larry was poor, but not enough ball IMO.

I think thats Hearts team with a quality AM, CF and a Winger would've been very close to beating Rangers today. Its a big ask though.

Archived