Alan Brazil on Talksport this morning

LAIRDY14

Commander Harris
What a total plum. I'm sick of hearing people perpetuate this ridiculous myth. I've offered him the use of my season ticket so that he might attend a game and sit amongst the fans instead of learning everything he knows from the back pages of the tabloids.

Hope he doesn't actually take me up on that, of course. :biggrin:

maybe he'll pop down and I can steal his pie. :biggrin:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Real Maroonblood
They were discussing the Scottish fixtures this morning and he came out with something along the line of Hearts and Rangers are as one, whenever Rangers score the Hearts fans cheer for them...!!

Typical Tim!! I actually quite like him, but he can be a bit naive at times.

He was probably talking about the closet huns on KB.

Jam Tarts 1874

Brazil is typical of many footballing Scots who have spent their careers on the wrong side of the border.

I have heard them all give ill-informed opinions - Hansen, Law, Doherty, Macari etc etc it's almost like a disease. The fact is that they don't know and therefore should learn to keep quiet. The only Anglo-Scot whom I can think of that doesn't regularly put his foot in it when it comes to Scottish football is Souness, maybe this has something to do with his humble background as a Jambo growing up near Stenhouse.

Those south of the border will struggle with the term "weeg", and the reference to "Contalmaisson" will probably go over their heads as well.

Your right of course,but don't hold your breath awaiting an apology, or even an acknowledgement.

i think a lot of people south of the border know about contalmaison just about a hundred yards from the cairn is a place called bells redoubt a place where donald bell a professional footballer died and won the VC

maybe he'll pop down and I can steal his pie. :biggrin:

I wouldn't fancy your chances much. He looks like he might be very very fond of his pie.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

"I have just read that you made the comment on your radio show that Hearts supporters all cheer whenever Rangers score, and that we have some kind of connection or affiliation with RFC. This sort of ignorant, ill-informed comment makes the whole of Scotland look bad, as your English audience will probably believe it, and will continue under the idea that the SPL is a "Mickey Mouse" two-team league, with the whole country supporting one or the other. It allows Scottish Old Firm fans to continue to believe that too. It also gives ammunition to those paranoid Celtic supporters, who seem to think that the whole country is out to get them. (You actually sound like one of them yourself with this kind of comment.) Let me reassure you (although I shouldn't have to) that supporters of HMFC support HMFC only, and despise both halves of the Old Firm equally. Indeed, if there ARE two teams in Scotland with some kind of "partnership", then surely it is the Old Firm themselves? The on-going "5% away fan tax" is a perfect example. You may not have heard about that, living in England and clearly not having the first idea about Scottish football, as you have proved here.

The comments you have made are extremely disappointing, and an apology to all supporters of HMFC would be justified. I won't hold my breath though"

supporters of HMFC.....despise both halves of the Old Firm equally.

Incorrect. Your argument falls down at that point. :rolleyes:

Go into any pub during an Old Firm game and you'll find the vast majority of Hearts supporters present will want Rangers FC to win, albeit not to the extent that they'll be actively cheering them on.

You can come out with all your PC-based we hate the old firm equally nonsense, but the reality is very different. Rangers FC is less hated than the green-and-grey-hooped rhats and will always be favoured when they go head to head.

scots civil war

sweaty arsehole that he is should finally do one

i fired off a salvo earlier

his show sucks and that episode has nailed it for me,no more of that

bell end in my gaff......remember the hampden incident with him last year?

.......****

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Go into any pub during an Old Firm game and you'll find the vast majority of Hearts supporters present will want Rangers FC to win, albeit not to the extent that they'll be actively cheering them on.

You can come out with all your PC-based we hate the old firm equally nonsense, but the reality is very different. Rangers FC is less hated than the green-and-grey-hooped rhats and will always be favoured when they go head to head.

I know all that, but I can hardly say it to him can I?! It kinda backs him up!

I know all that, but I can hardly say it to him can I?! It kinda backs him up!

Not really. Having been on the "receiving end", I'm sure he would understand why ra sellik are so hated. ;)

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Not really. Having been on the "receiving end", I'm sure he would understand why ra sellik are so hated. ;)

I shouldn't laugh at that, but I did! :biggrin:

Go into any pub? Not correct, Therapist. Go into certain pubs and sure, you're likely to find a few who might err more on the blue side of things when faced with a decision like that. But definitely not all.

It's funny...of all the Jambos I know, most of them probably despise Rangers more...or at least, hate them equally. We must mix in very different circles.

:)

I would agree:eek:at the moment there is definitely more contempt for Celtic than Rangers, however it's all swings and roundabouts for me, Celtic edge it at the moment due to Strachan,Lennon and Brown, allthough I am sure Rangers will even that out soon enough.

We must mix in very different circles.

:)

Spot on. I mix with proper Hearts fans. You clearly don't.

May we have details of the research which you believe supports this contention, please?..and even then one might suggest that the "vast majority" of Hearts fans are unlikely to be found in pubs watching a match between two Glasgow teams so your sample would be very small and unrepresentative.

"Albeit not to the extent that they'll be actively cheering them on.." - this must be the the bigotry that dare not speak it's name I take it.

They look like proper Jambos to me. They wear maroon & white scarves, turn up to the games, sing the songs, stuff like that....

What do 'proper' Jambos do then?

A key characteristic of a "proper Jambo" is that they wouldn't want ra sellik to get a result against Rangers FC.

A key characteristic of a "proper Jambo" is that they wouldn't want ra sellik to get a result against Rangers FC.

Is that so? What are the other 'key characteristics' or is that it?

They look like proper Jambos to me. They wear maroon & white scarves, turn up to the games, sing the songs, stuff like that....

They bring disgrace to our proud club on national television at Hampden Park it would seem.

Wrong.

I'm very objective on this point. I dislike them both equally.

The only reason I would watch an O.F. game would be in the hope that they kick lumps out each other.

What a steaming pile of horse manure this comment is. I hope you are joking, but I get the feeling not.

They bring disgrace to our proud club on national television at Hampden Park it would seem.

Yes, I didn't like that "Hibees are gay" song either. If the statistics are to be believed there will undoubtedly be a peppering of gay supporters among our fan base. It's sad that they were made to feel uncomfortable.

Really?

I'd say a proper Jambo is one who wants whatever result is most beneficial to Hearts.

What a steaming pile of horse manure this comment is. I hope you are joking, but I get the feeling not.

Have to agree I would say most true Hearts fans do not care less abou the OF.

If we needed Celtic to beat Rangers in order for us to clinch 2nd, I would like to believe every Hearts fan would be roaring on celtic

Have to agree I would say most true Hearts fans do not care less abou the OF.

If we needed Celtic to beat Rangers in order for us to clinch 2nd, I would like to believe every Hearts fan would be roaring on celtic

Of course, but that's what you'd call extreme circumstances....

Yes, I didn't like that "Hibees are gay" song either. If the statistics are to be believed there will undoubtedly be a peppering of gay supporters among our fan base. It's sad that they were made to feel uncomfortable.

Is that a closet door opening...? ;):P

Then it's just as well nobody's singing about homosexuality, isn't it? :)

Benny Factor

Not true. Most people couldn't care less who won.

In an ideal world, both teams would end the game with no points.

The only time i'll ever want one of them to win is when the result has a direct impact on HEARTS.

Graham Thomson

stopped listening to him a few months ago, both him and that numpty who is with him, were seriously getting on my nerves, but i just E - Mialed the show , he is a total ignorant clown, who knows nothing about the Scottish game.

Of course, but that's what you'd call extreme circumstances....

Yes, but my point is most of us only care about the benefits for Hearts.

Dr. Bapswent

Why do people continue to argue with Therapist on this subject, when its clear he is a blinkered fool, or on the windup.

Allow him his narrow mind opinions and ignore the rest.

Wrong match, wrong opponents, wrong target of disrespect..but perhaps you knew that, eh?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

:4_1_72:

I can't decide what's funnier; somebody thinking this was actually the case or somebody knowing how wound up others would get at such a remark and thinking it's not an obvious joke.

Not true. Most people couldn't care less who won.

In an ideal world, both teams would end the game with no points.

The only time i'll ever want one of them to win is when the result has a direct impact on HEARTS.

Agreed.

I heard a roar in the Tynie Arms when Celtic scored in an OF game.

Thinks it was the first one in the season following the Seville game.

Maybe people realised Celtic deserved more than Rangers getting a dodgy treble.

Wrong match, wrong opponents, wrong target of disrespect..but perhaps you knew that, eh?

I didn't, but I'm with you now.

There was no disrespect at that game, just the majority of Hearts fans making it clear:

1. They are not willing to be bullied by sellik.

2. More importantly, that they did not agree with the ridiculous policies of Pope John Paul II that caused serious grief and suffering to a significant proportion of the world's population.

In short, it's called democracy.

I heard a roar in the Tynie Arms when Celtic scored in an OF game.

This ranks amongst the most ridiculous posts ever on JKB. :eek:

Either base your argument on facts, or don't argue at all.

Thanks for your cooperation.

There was no disrespect at that game, just the majority of Hearts fans making it clear:

2. More importantly, that they did not agree with the ridiculous policies of Pope John Paul II that caused serious grief and suffering to a significant proportion of the world's population.

Sure thing, brother....

:laugh:

Why do people continue to argue with Therapist on this subject, when its clear he is a blinkered fool, or on the windup.

Allow him his narrow mind opinions and ignore the rest.

Well, Doc, because the regrettable element of bigots within the "Hearts family" are not going to go away if we ignore them.

Pants Shaton

Think you'll find the cohort of Hearts fans who would purposely chose to watch an Old Firm match in the pub, is not representative of the broader Hearts support.

This recent poll (and I know you like JKB polls) would support your argument that more Hearts fans favour Rangers - although 58% to 42% is hardly the ''vast majority'.

Pants Shaton

The gospel according to therapist suggests they:

-don't attend games in the bottom six

-don't attend League Cup games

-leave home games at half time or 25 minutes before full time to go back to Robbo's bar

If you tick off all three then you're a real fan.

I noticed that you weren't on here on the night that Kaunas beat Rangers. Did you not bother coming on or were you down the pub cheering on your "real" team?

Who you cheering on tomorrow by the way? Made up your mind yet or are you waiting to be told by your circle of ballad singing buddies?

As Johnny said to Keira.."Just you go on believing that, darlin', if it makes you happy".

Jam Tarts 1874
Well, Doc, because the regrettable element of bigots within the "Hearts family" are not going to go away if we ignore them.

Maybe, but I seem to remember that the best way of dealing with the national front types during the early 80's was to ignore them, and ultimately this worked better than confronting them.

It's like starving a flame of oxygen.

Think you'll find the cohort of Hearts fans who would purposely chose to watch an Old Firm match in the pub, is not representative of the broader Hearts support.

This recent poll (and I know you like JKB polls) would support your argument that more Hearts fans favour Rangers - although 58% to 42% is hardly the ''vast majority'.

Och, J. Edgar, that poll just reflects the egalitarian Hearts fans' sympathy for the under-dog.

Maybe, but I seem to remember that the best way of dealing with the national front types during the early 80's was to ignore them, and ultimately this worked better than confronting them.

It's like starving a flame of oxygen.

Earlier events in the history of the twentieth century might suggest otherwise, JT.

The Real Maroonblood

Robertsons Bar.

Your lobotomy has really kicked in.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Commander Harris

Alan Brazil's comment was not that Hearts fans would generally prefer a Rangers win in an Old Firm Derby, but that we regularly cheered when Rangers score. This is, of course, nonsense.

to summarise, Alan Brazil talks ****e. :)

The End.

Jam Tarts 1874

Not sure what "policies" JP the 2nd put in place that "caused serious grief and suffering to a significant proportion of the world's population".

If you are referring to the Roman Catholic's literal interpretation of the bible which leads them to believe that the use of contraception is at variance with what God intended then just say so. But your argument would break down with the simple question "why is it that in Europe and the USA there is not a massive majority of Catholics among those unfortunate enough to be infected with AIDS"? In short, the AIDS epidemic in some parts of Africa cannot be soley attributed to the teachings of the Roman Catholic church.

As for what happened, personally I think that those who booed or whistled during the silence were justified in doing so. The Pope's passing had nothing to do with Scottish football, there had already been a minute's silence at a Celtic game during a midweek game, there is no way that the SFA would have allowed a minutes "silence" if it had been a game against Rangers and I think it is worth pointing out that I was at the game in question and there was very little booing or whistleing anyway.

Jam Tarts 1874
Earlier events in the history of the twentieth century might suggest otherwise, JT.

Sorry, but are you seriously trying to relate comments on this stupid forum with Hitler?

Archived