Good Luck Kaunas

JAYEL

Good luck to Kaunas tonight in their attempt to qualify for the Champions League away at AaB Aalborg.

And thanks for getting the gers season of to a such good start.

:)

Leige, Belgium Champs, are moaning that they should be right through to the group stages of the Champions League instead of playing 4th place Premiership side Liverpool.

It does not seem right.

Ron Burgundy
Good luck to Kaunas tonight in their attempt to qualify for the Champions League away at AaB Aalborg.

And thanks for getting the gers season of to a such good start.

:)

what he said.

Guest JamboRobbo
Shocking if it is not on the box.

It would be if it was Rangers or Celtic.

If you live in Lithuania, I agree with you. If you live in Scotland like most of us, I've no idea why you expect a Kaunus game to be on TV.

Dr. Bapswent
I thank them for their efforts against R@ng*rs, however I now have no interest in how they progress.

You have interest enough to make that post...

You have interest enough to make that post...

The interest was thanking them for beating R@ng*rs. You did see that bit yeah?

Chad Sexington

I think they'll get pumped out of this round quite comfortably by the Danes.

It would be very interesting to see what happens if they do get through though.

Would Vlad raid our squad for loaners? :eek:

All that dosh. :dribble:

Would we see any of the cash I wonder?

Nucky Thompson

All that dosh. :dribble:

Would we see any of the cash I wonder?

What's theirs is ours and what's ours is our own:)

Good luck Kaunas!

And it's also good to see that Dinamo Kiev ar pumpimg Spartak Moscow away from home. 'mon the Ukrainians and fek anything russian. Especialy after what their doing in Georgia :sad:

Leige, Belgium Champs, are moaning that they should be right through to the group stages of the Champions League instead of playing 4th place Premiership side Liverpool.

It does not seem right.

The Champions League is a European Super League - the name should be changed to show this.

They should also increase the amount of teams entered for the UEFA Cup and do away with the parachute for Champions League exit to UEFA Cup.

LithuanianHearts
And it's also good to see that Dinamo Kiev ar pumpimg Spartak Moscow away from home. 'mon the Ukrainians and fek anything russian. Especialy after what their doing in Georgia :sad:

exactly mate, those f*************************** Russians :mad:

and good luck to Kaunas of course!!!

siegementality
The Champions League is a European Super League - the name should be changed to show this.

They should also increase the amount of teams entered for the UEFA Cup and do away with the parachute for Champions League exit to UEFA Cup.

It is farcical that the champions of any European league have to quailfy for the Champions League along with a 4th placed English team.

rudi must stay
Shocking if it is not on the box.

It would be if it was Rangers or Celtic.

it would be more shocking if it was on the box, two teams nobody knows much about playing in a Champions League qualifier, who's going to watch that?

Good luck to Kaunas though, they deserve a chance to get into the Champions League because they totally outclassed Rangers, which is always good to see :)

It does not seem right.

Liege shouldn't be too surprised that UEFA have a rather odd policy regarding seeding. They once made Liverpool, who at the time were the holders of the European Cup, begin their defence from the very first qualifying round in season 2005/06.

siegementality
Liege shouldn't be too surprised that UEFA have a rather odd policy regarding seeding. They once made Liverpool, who at the time were the holders of the European Cup, begin their defence from the very first qualifying round in season 2005/06.

IIRC Liverpool were lucky to even get in the CL that year as UEFA had done away with the holders automatically qualifying and I think Liverpool would have failed to qualify through their league position that year.

Ledesma starts on the bench. Surprised with that one. Pilibaitis and Cinikas start though.

Ex-Southampton player Saganowski is playing for the Danes.

IIRC Liverpool were lucky to even get in the CL that year as UEFA had done away with the holders automatically qualifying and I think Liverpool would have failed to qualify through their league position that year.

They did and Everton had finished 4th.

I think after that season UEFA changed the rules that if a team outside CL qualifiaction wins it then the winning nation loses a place from their league i.e. what happened with Liverpool finishing 5th would not mean 4th place in the EPL would not qualify for the CL

Heard a mention of Hearts in the Danish commentary. Not much happening in the game so far.

Waiting for the Marseille game - the first of my treble.

Ledesma starts on the bench. Surprised with that one. Pilibaitis and Cinikas start though.

Ex-Southampton player Saganowski is playing for the Danes.

Real shame about that. Kaunas could have probably used the free kick and corner better with him. Hope he comes on in the 2nd half. Darn shame he's not 100% fit.

Listening to sportsound on Radio Scotland

Paul Mitchell is obviously gutted. He made a comment that "thanks to Rangers ........he's commentating LIVE on East Fife v Airdrie United"

:bootyshake::P

Like I said, a ridiculous decision. A competition without the previous season's champions!? Absurd.

(as a sidenote - and as I'm not fully clued up on abbreviated-speak, if there is such a term - what does IIRC stand for?)

Like I said, a ridiculous decision. A competition without the previous season's champions!? Absurd.

(as a sidenote - and as I'm not fully clued up on abbreviated-speak, if there is such a term - what does IIRC stand for?)

If I recall correctly.

0-0 at half time, decent result for Kaunas so far.

chester copperpot

I think Aalbord might've beaten either team that qualified tonight, regardless of who it was.

Good luck Kaunas!

What? Defending their citizens.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I hope they win just for the sake of our team. Qualifying for the group stages can only give their player the confidence they need to make them VG Hearts player in the future

Nucky Thompson
I hate FBK Kaunas.
Why??? I think it's Kaunas fans who should be hating Hearts:confused:

Clerry Jambo
I hate FBK Kaunas.

So you keep telling us Drylaw:rolleyes:

Like it or Lump it they are directly or indirectly our Brothers!!!!!!!:P:rolleyes::confused:

jamboinglasgow
What? Defending their citizens.

fair enough defending citizens in southern ossetia but since when did that also mean taking troops into Georgia.

Nucky Thompson
you cannot be serious with that comment.
I think it was an attention seeking comment:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
Why??? I think it's Kaunas fans who should be hating Hearts:confused:

I hate them because we are being used a shop window for their players.

And, allthough this has never been admitted by the Club, I'm positive we pay them a fee when we loan one of their players.

So you keep telling us Drylaw:rolleyes:

Like it or Lump it they are directly or indirectly our Brothers!!!!!!!:P:rolleyes::confused:

I hate being closely associated with a plastic Club.

Archived