Having a negative Paypal balance

Chrambo

I sold something on eBay a few months back, and the day after, my computer buggered. I was unable to get onto eBay to see where I had to send the item. By the time my computer was fixed and I was able to get the adress the buyer had put a claim in via Paypal, and had already escualted it. I sent the item the day after and once they had recieved it they never dropped the claim, and it was resolved a few weeks ago, they were given there money back.

So now my Paypal is minus about ?80. Its been like that for a month or two and I've wondered what would happen if I didn't pay it. I got a phone call from them today asking when I would pay it, I claimed the 15th but I duno if i will. What can they do? Can I take my number etc. off it aswell?

Dean Winchester
I sold something on eBay a few months back, and the day after, my computer buggered. I was unable to get onto eBay to see where I had to send the item. By the time my computer was fixed and I was able to get the adress the buyer had put a claim in via Paypal, and had already escualted it. I sent the item the day after and once they had recieved it they never dropped the claim, and it was resolved a few weeks ago, they were given there money back.

So now my Paypal is minus about ?80. Its been like that for a month or two and I've wondered what would happen if I didn't pay it. I got a phone call from them today asking when I would pay it, I claimed the 15th but I duno if i will. What can they do? Can I take my number etc. off it aswell?

Did you get a postage receipt?

Griclesfield

Do you have proof of postage and proof that the other person was in receipt of the item you sent.

If so then they have to wipe the ?80 clean.

i had same issue i sold a phone on eBay bout 2 years ago and then guy changed his mind, i told him to beat it. he put in a claim i ignored it .. then 2years went by until ii next used ebay and i had negative balance.

i asked before i pay the balance can i have my item back then ?

they said i needed to contact the buyer .. .i told them they cant rule in his favour to get refunded and keep the item .....

i eventually threatened them with court etc and i got all my money back plus little bit more compensation .... paypal are crap

Archived