Parking in Edinburgh

yvonnejambo

Im trying to work out if paying airport charges of ?34 for going away for a week or if there is somewhere I can park in Edinburgh that is close to airport bus link. Anyone got any suggestions?

Park in one of the streets off the Maybury and walk over to the stop at the Royal Scot Hotel. On the way back get off at the stop opposite.

Guest jambomickey
Does anyone check the car park at the Gyle shopping centre?

be best paying the charge at the airport! at least you know your car going to be safe

Im trying to work out if paying airport charges of ?34 for going away for a week or if there is somewhere I can park in Edinburgh that is close to airport bus link. Anyone got any suggestions?

It's secure parking at the airport, I would just pay the money. You never know what state your car will be if you leave it on a side street for a week.

You could park somewhere around Slateford or Chesser, and get the number 35. Slower than the express bus, but is only ?1.10.

Tend to agree with the other posters though. I live in Polwarth and tend to leave my car in my office car park if I'm going away for any length of time - peace of mind.

Park In Tesco overflow next the police station at Corstorphine. The gate is locked at 10.30pm so if you arrive back later park in the big Tesco car park.

When I flew to London most weeks that was where I parked mine.

Nucky Thompson
Does anyone check the car park at the Gyle shopping centre?
I wouldn't leave it at the Gyle:cool: Pay the ?34 and at least you'll know your car will still be there when you get back. It's worth it for peace of mind.

andy1874hmfc
be best paying the charge at the airport! at least you know your car going to be safe

Yes, I've seen cars getting tickets there before, it's a 2 hour max stay I think.

Thanks for all the advice folks, I am going for the airport option just because its easiest. :)

I think that's probably the best. Bearing in mind it will be ?5 return in the airport bus its only another ?29.00; less if there are more of you going.

You'll also get to your car much quicker to start the journey home.

Archived