chippy vans

i8hibsh

Only in Scotland eh!!

Total quality

Anyone remember the one that went around Clermiston and Drumbrae called 'the nippy chippy'?

I actually think as a nation you could genuinely not get any unhealthier

We must be the only country where you take something that is already stacked in calories (pizza) and deep fry it - as clearly it wasn't unhealthy enough

Guest gorgie kev
Only in Scotland eh!!

Total quality

Anyone remember the one that went around Clermiston and Drumbrae called 'the nippy chippy'?

We must be the only country where you take something that is already stacked in calories (pizza) and deep fry it - as clearly it wasn't unhealthy enough

Why are you not watching Midsomer murders?

Not Seen A Chippy Van In Years,

Only Seen It At My Grans In Danderhall, Got The Nickname Greesy Joe.

Back In The Day Eh.

:)

think a chippy van still goes round the bottom 'pans. never seen it patrole the top 'pans, dunno why - nae smart @rse comments :P.

The chippy can in clerrie was a lot more recent

probably around 5 - 10 years ago

When I was young there was the Jolly Fryer ( Friar, get it? ) around boomtown. Don't seem to have them these days. :)

When I was young there was the Jolly Fryer ( Friar, get it? ) around boomtown. Don't seem to have them these days. :)

Was that on the ration book DM :)

Just kididng lol

Franks only stopped in tranent last year.Was very slow as fish was cooked to order and was always delish.

BTW Pans van stayed in bottom Pans after spate of missing pets in Top Pans

andy1874hmfc
Only in Scotland eh!!

Total quality

There's one in the car park at Comet (Maybury)

Only in Scotland eh!!

Total quality

Not forgetting deep fried mars bars!

In the good old days you get almost everything from a van or to your doorstep. Chippy van, juice van, butchers van, fish van, ice cream van, fruit n veg van, and your milk, rolls and newspapers/magazines delivered. Oh and tablet/macaroon sold on your doorstep :)

Not forgetting deep fried mars bars!

In the good old days you get almost everything from a van or to your doorstep. Chippy van, juice van, butchers van, fish van, ice cream van, fruit n veg van, and your milk, rolls and newspapers/magazines delivered. Oh and tablet/macaroon sold on your doorstep :)

You mean Tesco's home delivery?

Franks only stopped in tranent last year.Was very slow as fish was cooked to order and was always delish.

BTW Pans van stayed in bottom Pans after spate of missing pets in Top Pans

lol, that explains why the vet in the high street is keen to give unwell pets the deadly jag.

:wacko:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Ali's Chip Van was quality.

It was two minutes from Forries near the old Ferranti building in the Gyle Industrial Estate. I remember that Ali (if that was his name) only had one thumb - I always checked my chips first to see if it was in them. A half pizza supper was only 70p (it was 1995) - what a bargain!!!!! :)

Also have memories of everyone trying to kill Seagulls by throwing their chips in front of moving cars. They seagulls were always too quick / clever. *******s :mad:

blondejamtart

Used to see Fryer Tuck's chippy van up at Poltonhall in Bonnyrigg, but haven't seen it in a while - is he still there, or only at weekends?

never seen one in years. Dont really like chippys though..

Oops just remembered I bought chips on way home from pub on Saturday night...:o

Don't see many Chippy vans these days...mostly rank burger vans.

Anyone mind "Max's Ices" that used to go round Sighthill in the 70's? Big Red Van...You climbed up the stairs into the back of it? A cone with Raspberry sauce and Rainbow drops :P

Happy Days.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Don't see many Chippy vans these days...mostly rank burger vans.

Anyone mind "Max's Ices" that used to go round Sighthill in the 70's? Big Red Van...You climbed up the stairs into the back of it? A cone with Raspberry sauce and Rainbow drops :P

Happy Days.

There was also an ice cream van called Maxi's in the 80s. Maybe the same one. Although this one was was blue and white, and was an old converted ambulance that also had stairs at the back.

It was great fun jumping on it once he had started driving.

There was also an ice cream van called Maxi's in the 80s. Maybe the same one. Although this one was was blue and white, and was an old converted ambulance that also had stairs at the back.

It was great fun jumping on it once he had started driving.

Could be the same guy with a new upgraded :wacko: van GVG! I moved out of town in '79.

When we moved out to Livingston the Vans had "mind the weans" on the back....we thought we'd moved to another country!

Horatio Caine

There's still a chippy van going round West Lothian. Visits Boghall in Bathgate on Saturday evenings. Mmmm!

think a chippy van still goes round the bottom 'pans. never seen it patrole the top 'pans, dunno why - nae smart @rse comments :P.

You don't want to see it it's ****ing ****e anyway you have a whole street of takeaways up that end.

You don't want to see it it's ****ing ****e anyway you have a whole street of takeaways up that end.

and doesn't my belly know it :)

chester copperpot
Gino's Fish and Chicken bar still tours Blackburn as it has done for 30 odd years.

****ing should be shut down. Serioulsy they things are bad for yer health. ;)

and doesn't my belly know it :)

Spicey meat pizza from Natural Spice you canny beat it,there is about 2lb of mince on the thing.

Doctor FinnBarr
****ing should be shut down. Serioulsy they things are bad for yer health. ;)

Its a really good one!

Ali's Chip Van was quality.

It was two minutes from Forries near the old Ferranti building in the Gyle Industrial Estate. I remember that Ali (if that was his name) only had one thumb - I always checked my chips first to see if it was in them. A half pizza supper was only 70p (it was 1995) - what a bargain!!!!! :)

Also have memories of everyone trying to kill Seagulls by throwing their chips in front of moving cars. They seagulls were always too quick / clever. *******s :mad:

Ah the memories Gavsy - Good times!

Does anyone know if Ali is still knocking about in his chip van?

Only in Scotland eh!!

Total quality

I actually think as a nation you could genuinely not get anything tastier

We must be the only country where you take something that is already extremely tasty (pizza) and deep fry it - as clearly it wasn't tasty enough

I took the trouble to edit your post. The nippy chippy was great. Think it must have been about 90-92. I remember it and I moved house in 92-ish. It was ran by the parents of a boy in the class above me. Big blue van. It also sold puff candy bars which were magic as well.

Archived