Pressley banner

NEILY1874

Should the Elvis banner be replaced?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should the Elvis banner be replaced?

Snake Plissken
I misunderstood the OP in my vote.

Of course there should be a Pressley banner.

The greatest club captain since Dave McKay.

Welcome back anytime Elvis.

As did I - wonder if there were a few others that did that too.

Yes we should replace it, I thought it meant replace it with another player.

:confused:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To believe Romanov IS Heart of Midlothian is tragic.

GMAN think you misunderstood my point

Romanov is currently in charge of the club who by the way saved tynecastle.

He is still currently paying all the wages at the club.

I meant if he gets it up romanov he gets it up us all.

Guest JamboRobbo

So when Hearts fans were giving Pieman stick, were they "getting up us all"? Or were they legitamitely having a go at someone they felt was harming the club?

Pants Shaton

If Steven Pressley lamped Vladimir Romanov in the face, it wouldn't hurt me.

Does Vlad shop at the Gyle?

As did I - wonder if there were a few others that did that too.

Yes we should replace it, I thought it meant replace it with another player.

:confused:

Yep, I did the same too! serves me right for not reading the post properly!

So when Hearts fans were giving Pieman stick, were they "getting up us all"? Or were they legitamitely having a go at someone they felt was harming the club?

Fair point JR

Do you not think Pressley harmed the club by signing for a rival even scoring against us ?

Back to the banner point, I think the chest thumping is to fresh in the memory.

Therfore the banner should not be up.

Guest JamboRobbo
Fair point JR

Do you not think Pressley harmed the club by signing for a rival even scoring against us ?

Yes but thats football mate. Just like Robbo touting himself for the Hibs job is football, not a reason to take his legend banner down......

Back to the banner point, I think the chest thumping is to fresh in the memory.

Therfore the banner should not be up.

Fair enough.

Definitely should go back up, as soon as he's officially retired.

The man (and the other Riccarton 2) dragged us through to 2nd place and a cup final win, when it was all falling apart.

He was also immense in seasons before that.

Owning the club shouldn't necessarily mean putting blame on others who have a real feeling for the club just to absolve you from blame for a stinking confrontational attitude to everyone.

Only if the committee of 25 real Hearts fans convene at Robertson's bar and approve the motion unanimously.

Of course it should be replaced, the banners are for Hearts' legends and there was no greater Hearts legend than Steven Pressley in the last decade.

That is easily the most ridiculous statement I have ever read on here.

What absolute tosh.

............ I would have him back tomorrow in any capacity.

Telling the truth and feeding your family is not a crime in my book.

Elvis is in the Hearts Hall of Fame; rightly and deservedly so.

I tend to agree with GMAN, although I'd suggest his (significant) contribution was for less than a decade, he most certainly epitomised all that is right and proper about our club while serving as captain - with distinction.

Players shouldn't join any hall of fame until they have retired for at least 10 years to allow some historical perspective to be taken. However, I have no problem with having pictures of any of our trophy winning captains on display at Tynecastle. The more the merrier.... :cool_shades:

Pants Shaton

What absolute tosh.

I invite you to name a Hearts player who has contributed more to the club in the past 10 years. If that's the most ridiculous statement you've ever read on here you must skip through a lot of threads.

I'm not voting in this poll because I don't think we should have players on Legend banners until they have retired from playing.

So... my response would be Yes - put it back when he has retired as a player.

Ditto, except I did pick yes.

shaun.lawson

What absolute tosh.

Let's see. There's Gordon... and, er.... that's it. Anyone else you can think of?

He was voted a legend and remains a legend. Legends sometimes move on and play for other clubs and even celebrate a win for their current employers.

Guys who have fought for Hearts the way Pressley did should always be welcome back at Tynecastle. We have a fickle section of our support with very short memories.

No doubt Velicka will get the treatment as well. But before he does, we should remember it was Vlad who moved him on (like Pressley). Who could blame him for having a dig at the mad one when he returns to Tynie?

Marmeladent?rtchen

Rather a picture of Elvis then Vlad.

Only one was giving 100% to Hearts.

Speaking out against against the club to the press with Hartley and Gordon took a lot of courage and would only of been done by someone who had 100% passion for the club.

MacDonald Jardine
Let's see. There's Gordon... and, er.... that's it. Anyone else you can think of?

If you read the whole statement you'll see what he thinks is ridiculous

Stupid Sexy Flanders
It was a moment of stupidity from Pressley, I don't think you'll hear anyone arguing otherwise. However do you honestly believe that that one incident overwrites all of the positive things that Steven Pressley did for out club? If you do, that in my opinion, is much smaller minded. How many Scottish cup winning captains do Hearts have?

If he wasn't aiming it at the fans, why has he never come out and apologised for ofending us? He's bound to know how a lot of us feel about it.

I'm not voting in this poll because I don't think we should have players on Legend banners until they have retired from playing.

So... my response would be Yes - put it back when he has retired as a player.

No problem putting it back up when he hangs his boots up for the last time.

shaun.lawson
If you read the whole statement you'll see what he thinks is ridiculous

I've just read it. "There was no greater Hearts legend than Steven Pressley in the last decade", it says. What's so ridiculous about that? Niemi was world class, and my favourite ever Jambo - but I'd query whether he's a greater legend than Elvis; ditto Gordon; ditto Hartley. Who's left?

Presslehy was a cancer that had to be removed from the club. He is not welcome at Tynecastle, even in banner form. :mad:

Guest JamboRobbo
Presslehy was a cancer that had to be removed from the club. He is not welcome at Tynecastle, even in banner form. :mad:

Can us part timers bring his banner back in at 16.20 when the real fans desert their team and head off to the pub?

shaun.lawson

Do you swallow all the other drivel Vlad and Rodney have fed us with as well? :dribble:

And is it just me, or might the above post have been produced by a robot sitting at the computer screen who you've trained to recognise the word 'Pressley'? :P

Rather a picture of Elvis then Vlad.

Only one was giving 100% to Hearts.

Speaking out against against the club to the press with Hartley and Gordon took a lot of courage and would only of been done by someone who had 100% passion for the club.

Presley the celtic groveler orchestrated his move through that interview:mad: so he could join a club who's fans at best hated him, though that didny stop him running up to them begging for acceptance to which they laughed at, no self respect what so ever

Had Elvis left the park that day without trying to be accepted by supporters who despise him then i would have thought 'nice one'Nope he had to run up to them at the same time sticking two fingers up(not literally, well maybe:p)and that is unforgivable, a legend never a crawler deffo:mad:

Avoiding the question?

Pressley's actions had the appearance of a massive "**** You" to Hearts and the supporters. He should have known that. If he didn't he isn't the clear thinking leader he is portrayed as.

Why don't you answer instead of making cheap jibes?

Christ, the man was our best captain in aeons, keeping our team together despite the tinkering and idiocy VR was foisting on them.

That he gave 100% for his new team against his old club - would you have expected anything less? Sure his GIRUY at VR was perhaps mis-interpreted, perhaps a daft thing but so what. Do all these 'haters' now cringe when they re-watch our cup win and watch our greatest Captain in years hold the Scottish Cup aloft?

I'm proud to have designed the huge Pressley flag and the Captain Fantastic T-shirts, the man is nearly the dictionary definition of a legend.

Players shouldn't join any hall of fame until they have retired for at least 10 years to allow some historical perspective to be taken. However, I have no problem with having pictures of any of our trophy winning captains on display at Tynecastle. The more the merrier.... :cool_shades:

Most sensible post on this thread.

I agree with this 100%

would you have expected anything less?

His actions at the press conference and on his return in the green-and-grey-hoops, showed a lack of respect, dignity and judgement. Anyone who is deemed a legend must possess these characteristics. Consequently the rheptile doesn't deserve legend status.

Pants Shaton
His actions at the press conference and on his return in the green-and-grey-hoops, showed a lack of respect, dignity and judgement. Anyone who is deemed a legend must possess these characteristics. Consequently the rheptile doesn't deserve legend status.

Your '16:20' admission places your credibility at an all time low and makes a mockery of your hollow 'traditional, real fan' rhetoric.

I also see you're swimming against the 2/3 majority opinion :)

Your '16:20' admission places your credibility at an all time low and makes a mockery of your hollow 'traditional, real fan' rhetoric.

Nowhere in my season ticket does it say I have to stay to the end of the game. :rolleyes:

Two thirds majority.....in a poll of how many? :rolleyes:

MacDonald Jardine

83 voting "No".

These 20 odd knuckledraggers have been busy.

Players shouldn't join any hall of fame until they have retired for at least 10 years to allow some historical perspective to be taken.

Spot on, 100%, I agree etc etc...

However, I have no problem with having pictures of any of our trophy winning captains on display at Tynecastle. The more the merrier.... :cool_shades:

I (ahem) disagree Dave.

The very fact that some posters would like it to be put back up just to annoy people they disagree with is reason enough for it not to go back up.

It's no use having individual posters telling us that they spoke to Pressley and how he said he was misunderstood.

It's up to the man himself to publicly talk about the chest thumping moment.

Until he does I will remain "small minded" on this subject.

Nowhere in my season ticket does it say I have to stay to the end of the game. :rolleyes:

I thought it was a unwritten rule of real fans ?

You let your mask slip therapist accept the ridicule and move on. :)

Two thirds majority.....in a poll of how many? :rolleyes:

If you have a poll with a larger sample then please quote it. :)

MacDonald Jardine
The very fact that some posters would like it to be put back up just to annoy people they disagree with is reason enough for it not to go back up.

It's no use having individual posters telling us that they spoke to Pressley and how he said he was misunderstood.

It's up to the man himself to publicly talk about the chest thumping moment.

Until he does I will remain "small minded" on this subject.

I think you'll find the individual posters are being "funny".

Nucky Thompson
I thought it was a unwritten rule of real fans ?

Real fans always leave 10 minutes early to get to the boozer:p Been doing it for years.

Get a grip. Are you seriously suggesting that I care about what's said about me on here? :eek:

Drylaw Hearts
Real fans always leave 10 minutes early to get to the boozer:p Been doing it for years.

Then you've missed some glorious moments.

Eg.

Jose Quitongo v Celtic

Mark De Vries v Hibs

Austin McCann v Celtic

Graham Weir v Hibs

I'm glad I'm not a real fan.

;)

The People's Chimp

Those 25 minutes in the boozer must be a really special time for bonding. I'd have thought that pubs are open pretty much all week, so I can always find 25 minutes for a beer. I can't always find 25 minutes to see miko spank in a total raker to get it right up mcghee and his skanky well mob. I'm therefore intrigued as to just what special times are had in the pub; these glorious twilight minutes of camaraderie and brotherhood...

Snake Plissken

Bear in mind myself and at least 2 others voted No in error...

The Mighty Thor

The banner should be replaced as soon as possible.

It shouldn't be a point of debate really and Hearts should under no circumstances be pandering to the unfortunately large number (it would appear from the poll) of narrow minded, bitter and twisted individuals that base their hatred of Pressley on the fact he signed for Celtic. It's pathetic in this day and age.

base their hatred of Pressley on the fact he signed for Celtic.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

It's obviously nothing to do with him signing for ra sellik. If it were, then it follows that they'd also hate Hartley.

Presslehy is despised by the vast majority of Hearts fans due to the way he engineered the move and, more importantly, because of his disgraceful behaviour on his return to Tynecastle.

Rheptile. :mad:

The Mighty Thor
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

It's obviously nothing to do with him signing for ra sellik. If it were, then it follows that they'd also hate Hartley.

Presslehy is despised by the vast majority of Hearts fans due to the way he engineered the move and, more importantly, because of his disgraceful behaviour on his return to Tynecastle.

Rheptile. :mad:

Two minor points;

1. Is that Paul Hartley or Jhohn Phaul Hhartley as he was formerly known by many of a certain persuasion around these parts?

2. Pressley despised by the vast majority of Hearts fans? Not according to the poll or indeed any Hearts fans i know. Do you mean the Hearts (sic) fans that drink in a certain public house?

I struggle to keep up with when an added 'h' is appropriate. Perhaps you could provide a JKB users guide to the silent 'h'?

Th'h'anks in adv'h'ance :)

Is that Paul Hartley or Jhohn Phaul Hhartley?

Paul Hartley. I've never heard of him referred to in the other way. :confused:

Now would you answer my question? You suggested Judas was hated because he signed for sellik. I pointed out that it's not the reason. Would you at least have the good grace to admit you were wrong? :o

Those 25 minutes in the boozer must be a really special time for bonding. I'd have thought that pubs are open pretty much all week, so I can always find 25 minutes for a beer. I can't always find 25 minutes to see miko spank in a total raker to get it right up mcghee and his skanky well mob. I'm therefore intrigued as to just what special times are had in the pub; these glorious twilight minutes of camaraderie and brotherhood...

hardgay1aq3.jpg

Archived