Marius Zaliukas

JamboLad

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmfc_liam06
Well done today big man :)

Tin hat on!

Thought he had a pretty good game as did my brother.

Your brother plays for hearts? :P

Nucky Thompson

I thought he let the boy ghost past him leading up to Motherwells first, apart from that pretty solid.

scott_jambo

Brilliant today. Commanding. Strong in the air. Looked a captain...(sorry Berra).

When he made a bad pass he got really upset with himself which was good to see too.

We should stick him up front if were ever a goal down, wins everything!

scott_jambo
I thought he let the boy ghost past him leading up to Motherwells first, apart from that pretty solid.

I think he got nutmegged sadly, the boy got lucky IMO

Gimme an H...

Zaliukas was my Man of the Match. Thought he was class. Cant comment on what was said about him at the first goal cos there was a column in my way :mad:

Alternative was to concede a penalty. Your call.

I think he got nutmegged sadly, the boy got lucky IMO

I don't think he did; at least, it didn't look like that from where I was. He knew that Hughes was past him, and didn't want to bring him down.

Nucky Thompson
Alternative was to concede a penalty. Your call.
I couldn't see from where I was sitting in N2:rolleyes: I just saw the boy going past Thomson then Zaliukas as if he wasn't there.

Guest JamboRobbo

Disagree entirely with most of the comments. Sold the first goal, and was a liability throughout IMO. As always. Need to sign a centre half ASAP, and today emphasised that again.

Agreed.

scott_jambo
Disagree entirely with most of the comments. Sold the first goal, and was a liability throughout IMO. As always. Need to sign a centre half ASAP, and today emphasised that again.

So if that was your opinion on Marius, then what did you think of Christophe's performance in comparison?

Guest JamboRobbo
Good performance - looked like he is another who could prove the doubters wrong.

By costing us goals whenever he plays?

Guest JamboRobbo
So if that was your opinion on Marius, then what did you think of Christophe's performance in comparison?

The better of a poor partnership. Didn't cost us a goal today.

Ginger God Is Back

Sorry..nope..the boy did him in the box..he tackles him its a pen....thought Jason went to sleep at that goal....but we shouldnt be criticising anyone..today was so much better than last season....its called entertainment..lets leave it at that...

Nucky Thompson
I think he is good at defending set pieces and clearing anything that comes his way. He needs to improve on his marking and players running at him. IMO

Guest JamboRobbo
I think he is good at defending set pieces and clearing anything that comes his way. He needs to improve on his marking and players running at him. IMO

He's big and strong and attacks the ball well. But thats about it. His biggest weakness is attacking balls he's not going to get to and diving in for balls he shouldn't be commiting himself for. As he did at goal 1 we conceded today.

Sorry..nope..the boy did him in the box..he tackles him its a pen....thought Jason went to sleep at that goal....but we shouldnt be criticising anyone..today was so much better than last season....its called entertainment..lets leave it at that...

Now Mr Taxman im shocked!

Good to see your still alive.

You should pop into the shandon before a game and I will buy you a pint :)

Gigolo-Aunt
By costing us goals whenever he plays?

Cant comments on the incident as it was at the other end of the park.

Dop think he made some good interceptions(sp) and was strong in the air. Some good passing from the back as well.

Good shift from the big man.

Not convinced by Zaliukas. He tends to look decent in the game but he makes too many mistakes that cost us goals.

jambosean75

did quite well but did switch off twice.

the first time he let a player run off him to roll a ball along the goal but thankfully nobody latched onto it.

the second time he was slow seeing the danger and even slower coming out leading to them getting their first.

infact other than that did extremely well.looked strong and commanding and willing to push forward to help the attacks.

just needs to learn to stay focused and not have these lapses of consentration.

and maybe work on his communication with berra.

but there's definately the makings of a good player there

Ginger God Is Back
Now Mr Taxman im shocked!

Good to see your still alive.

You should pop into the shandon before a game and I will buy you a pint :)

Fab..might get the tenner you owe me too.....:dribble:

I don't think you can say he cost the goal. Although he could have done better.

Other than that I thought him and Berra dealt with everything in the air. Teams who are going to lump the ball up to their striker will not get much change out of them at all.

I sometimes wonder if i was at the same game as some of the people. Unless TV shows me otherwise he was completely at fault for the first goal and a pathetic attempt(his trade mark) at a clearance for the 2nd.

man of the match ? :4_1_72::4_1_72:

colinmaroon

Reminds me of a certain Mr Pressley in his younger days!!!

The mistakes will lessen off with experience - but, it will take a manager like Csaba to help him - just as Levein helped turn Elvis into a top player.

Would agree with most of your post JR. Zal failed to move toward the ball in his own 18yd box and thus was largely (but not exclusively) responsible for the first Well goal. Schoolboy error. But, in fairness, his body language suggested that he knew it, too.

Still think that the Berra / Karapedis partenrship is currently the best option, although not by much. Playing Karapedis in midfield smacks of giving a moderately decent player a game wherever we can fit him in....

Nuts to all those who are rubbishing Zali today, the boy was immense, got to virtually everything first, great distribution and a few sublime defence splitting passes.

Top marks.

Some folk wouldn't know a great performance if it hit them.

Nuts to all those who are rubbishing Zali today, the boy was immense, got to virtually everything first, great distribution and a few sublime defence splitting passes.

Top marks.

Some folk wouldn't know a great performance if it hit them.

Agree 100 %

He was my man of the match.

Superb today.

:fing25:

Goldstone Wonder

I thought he was badly at fault for the first goal. Other than that he did ok but I'm not sure he's the long term answer.

Do you know where hell is

Opinions are like erseholes and all that but come on tae ****, i think a few were on the peruvian the day as they really are looking through rose tinted glasses. Great result and decent performance, the players worked hard and the effort was there for all to see, but to describe zali as "immense" is just nonsense.

He was badly at fault for the first and has dire distribution imo, berra and karapidis are a much better partnership.

...a few sublime defence splitting passes.

Sadly some of those sublime passes split his own defence. :sad:

I'm a great admirer of players who recognise their own limitations. Zaliukas is a re-incarnation of Neil Berry (which of itself doesn't make you a bad person) but I get the impression that he thinks he's Pasquale Bruno...

Opinions are like erseholes and all that but come on tae ****, i think a few were on the peruvian the day as they really are looking through rose tinted glasses. Great result and decent performance, the players worked hard and the effort was there for all to see, but to describe zali as "immense" is just nonsense.

He was badly at fault for the first and has dire distribution imo, berra and karapidis are a much better partnership.

I can - and will - only repeat - Nuts!

As my Jambo mate said last season about him " he does not do much wrong" give him a run in the team thats all he needs i think, wheres that tin hat.

Do you know where hell is
I can - and will - only repeat - Nuts!

Eh okay then, your right. Stay of the marching powder and watch the game properly, your are seriously deluded if you think he is immense. Maldini, puyol etc fall into the immense category, zali doesnt and never will. It was a good game but iam sure you will see sense when you come down.

Thunderstruck

Their first goal was mainly down to Thomson. I thought Zaliukas was in position where he was damned if he did, damned if he didn't in that a tackle would most likely have led to a pen.

He had a very good game today. Powerful in the air and quick to intercept and tackle. His distribution was much better and made a couple of good forward runs with one header wide and one good shot that their keeper did well to get behind.

Not the finished article but a big improvement. I am sue Csaba will get more out of him.

jamboinglasgow

zalikus I thought, apart from the first goal looked much more solid. He has something of a solid presence about him. I think Csaba has made a huge difference to the players after only 4 weeks. I get excited what the players will be like in 3 months.

yes he got skinned in the box and yup woulda been a penalty so he did riter not to fly in, however i think it was caused by him not pressing sooner before it got into the box.

seems to stand off opposing players at bad times but today he did have a strong game, and think at the moment he is the preffered partner for berra...although i would like to see another cntral defender signed.

Zaliukas was my Man of the Match. Thought he was class. Cant comment on what was said about him at the first goal cos there was a column in my way :mad:

Shouldn't sit behind Nade :P

lost in leith

Must be missing something. Debatable if he was at fault for the first goal, I'd need to see replays to be sure, but did he not pass the ball to Clarkson for the second? He did a lot of good things today, but he always strikes me as an accident waiting to happen. Assuming Karipidis stays he must partner Berra. Thomson looked weak to me, but we can't be too critical of a guy who has played very few first team games.

Guest JamboRobbo
Must be missing something. Debatable if he was at fault for the first goal, I'd need to see replays to be sure, but did he not pass the ball to Clarkson for the second?

Yes, he did, with his big clumsy galloot feet which he couldn't manage to adjust in time. So two goals conceded, with Zaliukas contribution questionable at best for both goals. And some on here want to give him MOTM? :rofl:

Zaliukas is still a complete liability! At fault for both goals, although Makela sold the second one. He reminds me of Titus Bramble in that he looks like he should be a good player, but you just know sooner rather that later he's going to arse it up.

We_are_the_Hearts

Faults for the goals:

Kingston let his man run by him at the throw and was then beat. Zal came over to cover but committed himself instead of jockeying.

Makela's touch has put everyone in trouble. Zal could have reacted a bit better but would say that was more unlucky rather than a mistake.

Yes, he did, with his big clumsy galloot feet which he couldn't manage to adjust in time. So two goals conceded, with Zaliukas contribution questionable at best for both goals. And some on here want to give him MOTM? :rofl:

So i take it you will be just as scathing towards Berra as at the first goal he was lost as the ball was played to Clarkson, and at the second goal he couldn't adjust his clumsy feet in time either resulting in the deflection.;)

My take on the goals is at the first one, Zaliukas tried to step in where Thompson and Kingston had failed, and was caught out in a position where if he made a tackle it would have probably ended up as a penalty, but when Hughes was past him, Hughes still had to square it into the middle where you would hope the forwards would be better marked. My verdict - more than one person(Kingston/Thompson/Zaliukas/Berra/Wallace) to blame.

2nd goal, Makela loses possession too easily, Zaliukas blocks his pass, shot then deflected into goal by Berra. Again blame could be spread but Makela loses it too easily and 2 poor attempts at clearances/blaocks after that.

Guest JamboRobbo
So i take it you will be just as scathing towards Berra as at the first goal he was lost as the ball was played to Clarkson, and at the second goal he couldn't adjust his clumsy feet in time either resulting in the deflection.;)

My take on the goals is at the first one, Zaliukas tried to step in where Thompson and Kingston had failed, and was caught out in a position where if he made a tackle it would have probably ended up as a penalty, but when Hughes was past him, Hughes still had to square it into the middle where you would hope the forwards would be better marked. My verdict - more than one person(Kingston/Thompson/Zaliukas/Berra/Wallace) to blame.

Exactly the point. The CF's should be better marked. By Berra and Zaliukas. Berra was doing his job, but he ended up with 2 guys to mark, cause Zaliukas was away on a charge for a ball he was never getting to in the first place. At worst, he should've gone over in a way that allowed him to jockey the guy, not charging over too quickly then being unable to prevent himself being skinned. He took himself completely out of the game leaving us a man down right in front of goal.

He turned a bit of sleeping by thomson and Kingston from a bit of danger and probably a dangerous ball in, to a situation where we were outnumbered in the middle with a CH out of position, and a goal was the likely outcome.

2nd goal, Makela loses possession too easily, Zaliukas blocks his pass, shot then deflected into goal by Berra. Again blame could be spread but Makela loses it too easily and 2 poor attempts at clearances/blaocks after that.

Agreed. Makela made the original mistake. Don't think you can blame Berra for the deflection, but Zaliukas was caught flat footed initially as the ball hit his feet, then flat footed again as the boy lined up and executed the shot.

And as I said, Zaliukas contribution was questionable at best, for both goals.

Exactly the point. The CF's should be better marked. By Berra and Zaliukas. Berra was doing his job, but he ended up with 2 guys to mark, outnumbered in the middle with a CH out of position, and a goal was the likely outcome.

Berra had one boy to mark and so did Wallace, they both lost them. Stewart also stood still just inside the box instead of covering Zaliukas after he went to Hughes.

Agreed. Makela made the original mistake. Don't think you can blame Berra for the deflection why? If you can blame Zal for not getting his feet out the way from closer to the ball, why does Berra escape any 'blame'*? , but Zaliukas was caught flat footed initially as the ball hit his feet understandable when the boy was ony 2yrds away, then flat footed again as the boy lined up and executed the shot again 2yrds away unlike Berra who was 4 or5yrds away and could have moved his feet.

And as I said, Zaliukas contribution was questionable at best, for both goals. And so was a few others contribution.

*I would not 'blame' either of them, i think they were both unfortunate.

IMO.

Guest JamboRobbo
*I would not 'blame' either of them, i think they were both unfortunate.

IMO.

You're entitled to your opinion, as I'm entitled to think it's a load of tosh.

Seymour M Hersh

Zal played pretty well imo, although initially I put most of the blame on him at their 1st goal. Having seen on TV a couple of times now the blame can be spread over 4 or 5 imo. As for the 2nd ludicrous to blame him for that. If Makela had any footballing ability then the defence is never put under pressure.

Also If Zal comes in for criticism then Berra must as well. Both look shaky at times.

Archived