Player Ratings: HMFC v Motherwell

Acey

Driver - 4 Can't pass/won't pass. If we had dropped points today, his greed and awful shot with his right would have cost us a game. Gets less grief than Ksanavicius due to his nationality.

also wrong. Driver had a good game. have him crossing into a penalty area where the first defender is being pressured and we'd have seen great chances. as it is, free defensive headers at the front post and Mole standing in the middle won't create much. not Mole's fault, he's just not a solo striker.

Stewart - 10

Juho - 1

thought thomson was poor too

Thought Driver had a great game in 3/4 of the pitch, but wastefull where it mattered. Heard Scott Leith say to McGhee that the would have to nail him

Thomson - 6 - 2 for 1st half, 4 for second. Still think we need a right full back of quality, but while the choice is between Thomson and Neilson it has to be Thomson every time.

utter baws. ignore the collective hate for Neilson, he's a better defender than Thomson is likely to ever be. the main criticism is his use of the forward ball - ask why he's constantly given the out ball by his fellow defenders.

2 for the 1st, 4 for the second is an average of 3. and about right...

utter baws. ignore the collective hate for Neilson, he's a better defender than Thomson is likely to ever be. the main criticism is his use of the forward ball - ask why he's constantly given the out ball by his fellow defenders.

i agree. robbie is much better than Thomson, though both are poor

Everybody loves Baz

Why don't you accept peoples opinions instead of being a silly goose?

They may not be the same as yours but there's no need !

we had the same players out there today as we had last year, yes some were better than others but I have to say this win is down to Csaba getting this team working together

Johanes de Silentio
It is the rules but why then about 10 minutes after he had booked Ksnevicuis did he just wave David Clarkson up after he went down and claimed for the free kick on the edge of the Hearts box?

One rule for Lithuanians and another for the rest...

Two Falkirk Players, John Stewart, and the swarthy guy on the left flank got away with shocking dives the day.

John Hughes never mentioned it, though.

Funny, that!

Banks 6

Thomson 2 - If I was an opposing team manager I'd be playing balls between Thomson and Zali.

Zaliukas 4

Berra 7

Wallace 7

Kingston 5 - what a waste of talent, stilacks effort

Stewart 8 - MOTM

Karipidis 6

Driver 6

Ksanavicius 6

Mole 7

Miko 8 - whata goal!

Chesney 3

Makela - well, let's call it a bad day

I think your points allocated were probably wrong.........but that is a perfectly reasonable account of matters - IMO.

I also agree about Driver - fast in a straight line is a very useful attribute BUT on its own doesnt make a great player, needs to do more with the end delivery or shot.

:)

Thank you! :)

I may have allocated points incorrectly (I did type it in one go without re-reading it) but my opinion stands.

Sorry but Driver was so far in front of Ksanavicius today i find it hard to believe anybody couldn't see that. Audrey is slow and gives the ball away far to much. Driver needs to sharpen up with his final ball, but was streets ahead of Ksanavicius.

You say two things that mean the same thing, what made him streets ahead of Ksanavicius?

sorry mate, but that's seeing what you want to see. Thomson will never be the answer. Robbie has many deficiencies but he's still the best RB at the club by a country mile.

I agree that Thomson is not the answer, but felt he came onto a game. A patchy first half but a more solid second half.

also wrong. Driver had a good game. have him crossing into a penalty area where the first defender is being pressured and we'd have seen great chances. as it is, free defensive headers at the front post and Mole standing in the middle won't create much. not Mole's fault, he's just not a solo striker.

As I have asked countless posters, not one came back with a good answer right enough, what is the use of running past a full back if you are going to do nothing with it?

As for Mole, he had ran into acres of space and was holding space, yet Driver decided not to use him. To blame Mole for Drivers inability to pass the ball is harsh.

Captain America

Banks - 6 Solid as usual, picked up stupid booking.

Thompson - 5 Improved in 2nd half dont think he ready for 1st team yet, maybe league cup and reserves to improve.

Wallace - 6 Thought he looked better in 2nd half when getting forward

Berra - 7 Good solid performance

Zaliukas - 9 MOM for me commanded everything at back, i sit upper N of main stand so couldnt see who was at fault for 1st goal.

Kingston - 6 Very quiet game, right wing is not his position IMO

Driver - 7 few gd runs and worked hard however y he keep trying to pull ball back on right foot in 2nd half instead of shooting with left.

Karipidis - 6 Played out of position but done ok IMO

Stewart - 8 Took goal well, worked hard today can be matchwinner when he puts mind to it.

Ksanavicius- 7 good goal, and played well from where i was sitting looked like pen however player reaction around him seemed to suggest otherwise, Booking played on mind in 2nd half and shirked a few tackles.

Mole - 8 Ran heart out and held ball up well, could have had goal if Driver had played him in.

Subs

Miko - 8 Great goal, tackles and tracking back was good.

Chesney - 7 thought he done well when he came on, think will be good player to have as sub this season

Makela - 1 cost goal, just generally rubbish all round.

All in all was good game and one we would have lost last season.

Banks - 6 Nowt much to do tbh, should have skelped Quinn.

Thomson - 6 Not a great right back, better than Neilson though.

Zaliukas - 6 Strolling it until he let Motherwell score their first. His communication with Berra is non existent.

Berra - 6 Patchy display. His communication with Zaliukas is non existent.

Wallace - 7 Good player, not a full back though.

Kingston - 7 Better than he has been for a long time. He has obviously been told by Laszlo to shoot on sight.

Stewart - 8 Excellent performance, just like the Stewart that started last season.

Karipidis - 4 Anonymous. Proved that his position is centre half.Driver - 4 Can't pass/won't pass. If we had dropped points today, his greed and awful shot with his right would have cost us a game. Gets less grief than Ksanavicius due to his nationality.

Ksanavicius - 6 Poor game but he scored again. Strikers are there to score, he keeps playing until he stops scoring IMO.

Mole - 9 Fantastic performance, robbed of a goal by the greed and lack of ability of Driver.

Subs

Mikoliunas - 7 Not much to do but comes on and scores a raker.

Cesnauskis - 5 Poor show from him.

Makela - 4 Awful performance culminating in giving away a goal with one of the worst first touches I have ever seen and wasting an excellent chance.

Utter nonsense. Your only saying that because you didn't want him playing centre mid before the game. Try judging him on his performance, not his position. And as for a 4 for Driver . . . . .

Banks 6

Thompson 6

Wallace 6

Zaliukas 7

Berra 7

Kingston 6

Driver 7

Karapidis 7

Stewart 9

Audrey 7

Mole 8

Utter nonsense. Your only saying that because you didn't want him playing centre mid before the game. Try judging him on his performance, not his position. And as for a 4 for Driver . . . . .

True, I didn't want a defender in midfield before the match, and his performance there (not his fault) proved that IMO.

As I have said before, if he was brought in to bring steel to our midfield how were Motherwell allowed to have such long spells on the edge of our box? Their inability to breach our defensive line stopped them scoring more, not our defender in midfield.

Guest JamboRobbo

As I have asked countless posters, not one came back with a good answer right enough, what is the use of running past a full back if you are going to do nothing with it?

Setting up chances for others. Did you not see all the excellent crosses he stood up at the back post. Once we get strikers in the box to get on the end of his crosses, you'll see the benefit.

He ripped his guy to shreds, the whole time he was on the park. Of all the crazy ratings I've seen on this thread, you're four for driver was the craziest of all. Sorry mate. :P

The Old Tolbooth

Banks - 6

Thomson - 5

Berra - 7

Zaliukas - 5

Wallace - 5

Larry - 6

Karipidis - 7

Stewart - 9

Driver - 8

Ksana - 6

Mole - 8

Miko - 7

Makela - 0

Chesney - 4

Hilary Briss

Driver - 4 Can't pass/won't pass. If we had dropped points today, his greed and awful shot with his right would have cost us a game. Gets less grief than Ksanavicius due to his nationality.

Your kidding eh, Driver was outstanding. Mole did well IMO, but if we had a preditory striker playing yesterday he would have had a field day yesterday playing beside young Andy..........he skinned their RB every time and looked a threat every time he got the ball.

Setting up chances for others. Did you not see all the excellent crosses he stood up at the back post. Once we get strikers in the box to get on the end of his crosses, you'll see the benefit.

He ripped his guy to shreds, the whole time he was on the park. Of all the crazy ratings I've seen on this thread, you're four for driver was the craziest of all. Sorry mate. :P

You don't need to apologise for disagreeing. :)

I have to say I did not see many crosses from Driver that remotely looked like hitting the target, all too often they were aimless IMO. If I run past a defender with the ball then cross it to an area where there are no Hearts men and only Motherwell defenders then I am failing to do my job aren't I?

Disagree if you like mate, we all have differing opinions and that is what football forums are about. Unlike others, I will at least attempt to defend my viewpoint with the facts as I see them.:)

Your kidding eh, Driver was outstanding. Mole did well IMO, but if we had a preditory striker playing yesterday he would have had a field day yesterday playing beside young Andy..........he skinned their RB every time and looked a threat every time he got the ball.

Given he skinned their RB every time, we scored three goals and none of them came from Driver crosses/passes, what was he doing with the ball?

Guest JamboRobbo
You don't need to apologise for disagreeing. :)

I have to say I did not see many crosses from Driver that remotely looked like hitting the target, all too often they were aimless IMO. If I run past a defender with the ball then cross it to an area where there are no Hearts men and only Motherwell defenders then I am failing to do my job aren't I?

Disagree if you like mate, we all have differing opinions and that is what football forums are about. Unlike others, I will at least attempt to defend my viewpoint with the facts as I see them.:)

:food-smiley-004: Just worried that disagreeing on here so often is taken the wrong way. :)

Time will tell eh. I agree we need to get end product from him otherwise beating his man is pointless. I thought he put in some balls to good areas, but at the moment we don't have enough players getting into the box.......I think that he needs to work hard on his finishing though - he so often gets in on goal, and just needs to be better at striking the ball when the chance arises.

Hilary Briss
Given he skinned their RB every time, we scored three goals and none of them came from Driver crosses/passes, what was he doing with the ball?

Sorry to repeat myself, but if we had a goal scorer playing yesterday, he would have cleaned up. Its not Drivers fault the forwards make poor runs.

Drylaw Hearts

Banks - 6: No chance with either goal but did look a bit shakey for the first 20 minutes or so.

Thomson - 4: Not good enough.

Berra - 7: Did ok. Made a couple of last ditch blocks in the box.

Big Z - 5: Another game another mistake that leads to a goal. Poor for the second goal also.

Wallace - 7: I thought he had a good game.

Kingston - 5: Disappointing.

Stewart - 8: Came good after a slowish start. MOM.

Karipidis - 6: Crazy to have him in CM but did ok considering.

Driver - 7: He looks to have gained a yard of pace. Needs to work on final ball.

Ksanavicius - 6: Horrific in front of goal.

Mole - 7: Plenty of decent running but will never be a goal threat.

Subs

MIKO -7: Cracking goal.

Cesnauskas - 3: No real contribution

Makela - 0: Awful footballer

Can't believe some of the stuff about Driver and Karipidis, if anyone deserves a slating for yesterdays performance its Kingston.

Driver was excellent going forward but did have mixed fortunes with his final ball. However he played his postition perfectly, took up good positions on the wing and was always available. Kingston however was slow to move and slow to show for a pass and his final ball was far worse than Driver's! We need a lot more from him.

Karipidis did a good job yesterday without being outstanding, can't say I've seen too much better from the much loved Jonsson though!

Anyway:

Banks 6

Thomson 5

Wallace 7

ZaL 7

Berra 7

Kari 7

Stewart 9

Big man 7

Driver 7

Kingston 5

Mole 8

Miko 7

Ches 5

Juho 0

Banks - 6 Could he have done more at 'Well's second goal?

Thomson - 6 Shaky first half, really came on to a game after the break.

Berra - 7 Mostly solid and dependable.

Zaliukas - 9 Thought he was outstanding.

Wallace - 6 Indecisive when going forward but generally good.

Larry - 5 Disappointing use of the ball on too many occasions; lazy going back.

Karipidis - 6 Seemed to cope well in that role.

Stewart - 7 Great goal; keep the heid, son.

Driver - 8 Great work out wide; not his fault there were so few options in the box.

Ksana - 6 Bit of bravery for once and one great ball wide in second half; still a drain on possession, though.

Mole - 6 Thought he was very poor in first half; excellent second half shift.

Miko - 8 What a goal!

Makela - 0 Echoes of Pat McShane.

Chesney - 6 Looked up for it.

Strange game. Up until we scored, I thought we were as dreadful as anything last season and that 'Well were just playing a waiting game until we caved. Two opportunist goals changed everything and we were in control for most of the second. Should have finished them off much sooner.

And I hope that useless lump of lard Nade is ashamed - thoroughly ashamed - that the switch up front involved bringing on Makela and not him. Get fit, wage thief.

Salvatore's Tash
Thomson better than Neilson? Get a grip Thomson is class one **** and not half as good as Neilson.

You watched a different game from me pal!!!!!!!!!!!

Your a class one ****. Why make it personal. You got have said you disagreed, thought Thomson was poor whatever but you want to be the big shot! ERSE!!

For what it's worth JT started the game looked very nervous and it showed. However as game went on I thought he played better. 2nd half thought he was excellent and made a couple of great tackles and clearances. 9th game for the 1st team in 4 years. 1st game since 2005 which effectively meant something, bound to be nervous, give him a break!

Whats more Hearts won 3-2 and everyone should be over the moon!! Trust in CSABA, thought he got Karipidis in midfield spot on and that no doubt helped Stewart play as well as he did. Mole up front was also correct decision. Well done Jamie Mole.

From Perth to Paisley

Stuck all the marks into a spreadsheet - what a geek!

Some interesting scores...

Starting 11

Banks - 5.8

Thomson - 4.8

Berra - 6.6

Zaliukas - 7.2

Wallace - 6.4

Kingston - 5.8

Stewart - 8.3

Karipidis - 6.3

Driver - 6.6

Ksanavicius - 6.0

Mole - 7.0

Subs

Mikoliunas - 7.4

Cesnauskis -5.1

Makela - 1.6

That was after 37 ratings.

Cant believe so many thought Zaluikas had a great game, completely sold the first goal FFS!! Total bomb scare an accident waiting to happen. Get Karapedis back to centre half ASAP.

Guest JamboRobbo

Did Driver not play the pass to put Stewart in for the first goal? :P

Banks 6

Thomson 5

Zaliukas 8

Berra 7

Wallace 6

Kingston 7

Karipidis 6

Stewart 8

Driver 7

Ksanavicius 6

Mole 7

Cesnauskis 4

Mikoliunas 7

Makela 1

Stuck all the marks into a spreadsheet - what a geek!

Some interesting scores...

Starting 11

Banks - 5.8

Thomson - 4.8

Berra - 6.6

Zaliukas - 7.2

Wallace - 6.4

Kingston - 5.8

Stewart - 8.3

Karipidis - 6.3

Driver - 6.6

Ksanavicius - 6.0

Mole - 7.0

Subs

Mikoliunas - 7.4

Cesnauskis -5.1

Makela - 1.6

That was after 37 ratings.

Interesting, the collective wisdom of crowds has that not far wrong, with the exception of the Zaliukas mark.

I thought that Mole, Stewart and Driver were our standout best players. Karipidis did fine and Miko scored a great goal. The poorer players have rightly got the lower marks on those aggregate scores.

Archived