Even I can be stunned into silence

John Findlay

John Findlay

I work for First Scotrail and quite rightly we receive alot of flak as our train service at times can be appalling.

However we do deal with some(to put it bluntly) thick members of the public.

Like today. I was at Polmont station and I made the following announcement. The next train to arrive at platform one will be for Edinburgh Waverley calling at Linlithgow and Haymarket.

A passenger heard this announcement as clear as day and still asked me if the train was going to Edinburgh Waverley. I replied yes the train is for Edinburgh Waverley calling at Linlithgow and Haymarket. To which they again asked is it going to Edinburgh Waverley. I replied yes. Linlithgow, Haymarket and Edinburgh Waverley. To which they replied is it stopping at Edinburgh Waverley. I again replied yes that is the trains last stop. To which they replied why didnt you say that in the first place.

Yes I was stunned into silence.

John

Doctor FinnBarr

John, getting the choo-choo from Bathgate to Haymarket tomorrow with Kay. Do kids still go free at weekends?:confused:

John Findlay
John, getting the choo-choo from Bathgate to Haymarket tomorrow with Kay. Do kids still go free at weekends?:confused:

Yes and they go free off peak Mon-Fri too. Have been able to do this since May the 18th this year.

John

Buffalo Bill
I work for First Scotrail and our train service can be appalling.

No quarrels with that statement. :P

Buffalo Bill

John Findlay
No quarrels with that statement. :P

Buffalo Bill

Yes we give the public plenty of time to read crap books like Two miles to Tynecastle ;)

John

Buffalo Bill
Yes we give the public plenty of time to read crap books like Two miles to Tynecastle ;)

John

I'm doomed on this god forsaken board. :confused:

Buffalo Bill

Doctor FinnBarr
Yes and they go free off peak Mon-Fri too. Have been able to do this since May the 18th this year.

John

Should I buy ticket at machine or just pay on train?

:confused:

Ray Winstone

Got a woman at work the other day.

She saunters up to the bar and declares to me that she ordered mussles and wants to know where they are because she has been waiting for 'ages'

I inform her that I will resolve to find out what the hold up is and I apologise for any delay.

to which she replies 'Is that a genuine apology?'

Ignoring this I go to the kitchen only to find that she only ordered them 9 minutes previously - probably only 6 or so minutes when she came up to me at the bar.

Now the mussles are made fresh which is what I explained to her and she said ' well you should have told me when I ordered them - I am in a hurry'

We got them out to her asap - she was bloody lucky we didnt give them to her raw!

They get served in a pot with a lid on a plate with crusty bread.

She then critisised the presentation of the dish (THEY ARE IN A POT!!)

and then said it was unbelievable I had not brought her a finger bowl with her dish!

She then mulled over them for 45 minutes (I thought she was in a hurry) and then came up to pay and asked for the mussles to be taken off her bill because of the time it had taken for them to come!

She was told to GTF (in a nicer way)

Needles to say her husband kept very quiet and looked very embarassed during this whole affair.

Some people are just muppets.

Rant over.

I work for First Scotrail and quite rightly we receive alot of flak as our train service at times can be appalling.

Like today. I was at Polmont station and I made the following announcement. The next train to arrive at platform one will be for Edinburgh Waverley calling at Linlithgow and Haymarket.

A passenger heard this announcement as clear as day and still asked me if the train was going to Edinburgh Waverley. I replied yes the train is for Edinburgh Waverley calling at Linlithgow and Haymarket. To which they again asked is it going to Edinburgh Waverley. I replied yes. Linlithgow, Haymarket and Edinburgh Waverley. To which they replied is it stopping at Edinburgh Waverley. I again replied yes that is the trains last stop. To which they replied why didnt you say that in the first place.

John

I work for Scotrail as well and the one that cracks me up is.Excuse me can you tell me what train is the front train.:wacko:

By the way Scotrails biggest problem with their service is Network Rail.Most faults are down to them.

I work at the Gyle in the foodcourt. It's not surprise you might think that I regularly will get asked for bacon double cheese burgers, Big Mac's, McFlurry's, a toy with kids meals, or pasta. However, I work in Pizza Hut.

Dean Winchester
I work at the Gyle in the foodcourt. It's not surprise you might think that I regularly will get asked for bacon double cheese burgers, Big Mac's, McFlurry's, a toy with kids meals, or pasta. However, I work in Pizza Hut.

Could I have a Domino's Double Decadence please? :rolleyes:

Got a woman at work the other day.

She saunters up to the bar and declares to me that she ordered mussles and wants to know where they are because she has been waiting for 'ages'

I inform her that I will resolve to find out what the hold up is and I apologise for any delay.

to which she replies 'Is that a genuine apology?'

Ignoring this I go to the kitchen only to find that she only ordered them 9 minutes previously - probably only 6 or so minutes when she came up to me at the bar.

Now the mussles are made fresh which is what I explained to her and she said ' well you should have told me when I ordered them - I am in a hurry'

We got them out to her asap - she was bloody lucky we didnt give them to her raw!

They get served in a pot with a lid on a plate with crusty bread.

She then critisised the presentation of the dish (THEY ARE IN A POT!!)

and then said it was unbelievable I had not brought her a finger bowl with her dish!

She then mulled over them for 45 minutes (I thought she was in a hurry) and then came up to pay and asked for the mussles to be taken off her bill because of the time it had taken for them to come!

She was told to GTF (in a nicer way)

Needles to say her husband kept very quiet and looked very embarassed during this whole affair.

Some people are just muppets.

Rant over.

having worked with the public as long as i have i think i feel able to state without any fear of disagreement, that in general, the public can be a bunch of c u next tuesdays as often as not.

some people really need to sit back and look at their expectations.

if a service is shecht, then fair enough, but if you have unrealistic expectations, then fork off!

thanking you please

Harry Palmer

Well, after reports of trains being turned back without warning because of the weather (the past few days!). And in the restaurant(?) maybe she was an inspector... I see no reason to worry about appearing to be stupid if unsure about something.

Carl Spackler
having worked with the public as long as i have i think i feel able to state without any fear of disagreement, that in general, the public can be a bunch of c u next tuesdays as often as not.

some people really need to sit back and look at their expectations.

if a service is shecht, then fair enough, but if you have unrealistic expectations, then fork off!

thanking you please

Definitely. I know for a fact that my own company tries very very hard to meet and exceed customers expectations but I occasionally get complaints that are simply impossible to resolve and it makes me wonder what the complainants expect.

The way I see it is that you should always put yourself in the shoes of the person you are dealing with whether you are the customer or the person providing the service. Neither should take the Micheal.

Nucky Thompson

John

The service was terminating at Haymarket all day Thursday and Friday morning due to the floods.

The service was terminating at Haymarket all day Thursday and Friday morning due to the floods.

I was through in Stirling on Thursday and when I was coming back to Edinburgh my train was delayed 30 yards from the Haymarket platform for 40 minutes as there was a queue to get into Waverley.

Was ****e.

Scotrails biggest problem with their service is Network Rail.Most faults are down to them.

I completely understand that now.

I lost my driving licence thanks to epilepsy in January and so use the train every day of the week now.

The expressioon "you can only **** with the ****** you've got" sums up Scotrails position perfectly.

Some of the less intelligent passengers like those that John refers to just don't get this!

I was through in Stirling on Thursday and when I was coming back to Edinburgh my train was delayed 30 yards from the Haymarket platform for 40 minutes as there was a queue to get into Waverley.

Was ****e.

Seemingly the line between Waverley and Haymarket was under 3ft of water.

Yes I was stunned into silence. that would be a first John,.......only kidding mate. Your spot on with regards to members of the public.

John

P.S.

Stop kidding on John , nobody works for Scotrail .

Seemingly the line between Waverley and Haymarket was under 3ft of water.

Really? The conductor said it was due to flooding, but jesus - never knew it was that bad.

Still, a 40 minute delay when you can literally see your platform is soul destroying :D

Toxteth O'Grady
i think i feel able to state without any fear of disagreement, that in general, the public can be a bunch of c u next tuesdays as often as not.

Brilliant Beverley

This is one of my favourite 3.18am posts on kickback ever:)

Really? The conductor said it was due to flooding, but jesus - never knew it was that bad.

Still, a 40 minute delay when you can literally see your platform is soul destroying :D

It is indeed.:)

Brilliant Beverley

This is one of my favourite 3.18am posts on kickback ever:)

i aim to please ;)

Guest juvehearts

I had one 2 nights ago with cooking lamb on the chargrill.

now lamb is a delicate meat & doesnt go brown like steak's when you overcook them,

if you cook them correctly they remain pink but really tender.

so i cooked a lamb for this lady, & it got returned.

so i did her a fresh batch & over cooked them because they were too pink in the middle.

never got a complaint the 2nd time but she never ate them because & i sheet you not, their was a tiny wee pink bit in one of them.

you cant please some people, really.

I got told of another good one when i went into work last night,

someone ordered a chicken stuffed with haggis in a morgan's spiced sauce.

now at the time their were 3 people working in the whole place, the owner who has grey/white hair, the manager who is completely bauld & the KP who has short dark hair. (all male)

this chicken got returned with a long female ginger hair strand, saying they found this in her meal.

well the owner hit the roof & it was funny as hell, he said to then & i quote....'' get your things & **** off out of my restaurant, theirs NO way in hell that anyone in this place has hair like yours considering were all MALE, & if i see you's in here again im calling the police for fraud.

i basically PMSL when i heard this.

juve.

I got a train from Waverley to South Gyle on Thursday night. The flooding in Princes Street Garden was ridiculous. It was like a lake. 2-3ft of water easy.

It was worse on the castle side of the tracks and no trains could possibly have made it through there.

P

P.S There will be no rain in an independent Scotland ;)

There will be no rain in an independent Scotland

This is precisely the sort of ridiculous policy the SNP will come up with in order to get the intellectually challenged - that form the vast majority of their support - to vote for them. :o

The Real Maroonblood

John

That's nothing a customer asked me for a ticket to Glasgow. I told her to change at Falkirk. No she siad I want my change now.

:):)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
That's nothing a customer asked me for a ticket to Glasgow. I told her to change at Falkirk. No she siad I want my change now.

:):)

On the subject of trains, Spike Milligan:

"At Victoria Station the Officer gave me a travel warrent, a white feather and a picture of Hitler marked 'This is your enemy'. I searched every compartment, but he wasn't on the train"

The Real Maroonblood
On the subject of trains, Spike Milligan:

"At Victoria Station the Officer gave me a travel warrent, a white feather and a picture of Hitler marked 'This is your enemy'. I searched every compartment, but he wasn't on the train"

:):):)

portobellojambo1
i feel able to state without any fear of disagreement, that in general, the public can be a bunch of c u next tuesdays as often as not.

That is why we pay you pot loads of money, to deal with such people. ;)

Doctor FinnBarr

John, don't suppose that was you that spoke to me as I went thro the ticket barrier at Haymarket, or was it?

:confused:

Why do Scotrail Insist on puting only 2 Carrages,on a Train that goes from Glasgow Central to Edinburgh Waverley, on a Saturday, When the Edinburgh Festival is on and Hearts are playing at home to Motherwell. By the time it gets to West Calder it's Standing room only...It's a ferkin Joke. The government tell people to use public transport!!Aye right, we have probably the worst public transport system in the world!!:mad:

This happens EVERY Saturday...The good thing about it is that we get on at West Calder and off at Slateford, nobody bothers coming round for tickets so we don't pay!! ;)It's their fault, NOT ours...They can't be ersed doing their Jobs...Fek them!!

Why do Scotrail Insist on puting only 2 Carrages,on a Train that goes from Glasgow Central to Edinburgh Waverley, on a Saturday, When the Edinburgh Festival is on and Hearts are playing at home to Motherwell. By the time it gets to West Calder it's Standing room only...It's a ferkin Joke. The government tell people to use public transport!!Aye right, we have probably the worst public transport system in the world!!:mad:

This happens EVERY Saturday...The good thing about it is that we get on at West Calder and off at Slateford, nobody bothers coming round for tickets so we don't pay!! ;)It's their fault, NOT ours...They can't be ersed doing their Jobs...Fek them!!

We had the same problem on the Stirling to Edinburgh yesterday.Lack of trains should be the only reason.No way should that line run with a 2 car on a Saturday.

Archived