Best and Worst stand in Tyne

MaskedMagician

MaskedMagician

I definetely think the Weatfield is the best stand to be in for a game and the worst has to be the roseburn when home fans are able to sit there.

heartsfc_fan
I definetely think the Weatfield is the best stand to be in for a game and the worst has to be the roseburn when home fans are able to sit there.

What do you define "Best" as?

Best for atmosphere?

Best for view?

Best for access?

Best for overall looks?

Best for facilities?

MaskedMagician
What do you define "Best" as?

Best for atmosphere?

Best for view?

Best for access?

Best for overall looks?

Best for facilities?

Just the best stand overall including the things you have listed.

heartsfc_fan

Obviously Wheatfield then :-P

I think the worst for atmosphere has to be the Gorgie...do they ever sing? ;)

From section E, I always like the look of section N when it's bouncing. Unfortunately they did absolutely ruin it with the setanta box.

Section G never really sing much now.

And as for the Gorgie........

Guest juvehearts

the best stand at tynecastle will always be the shed.

now a days, has to be the old stand & section N.

apart from section G its the only place to get a sing song started & to have a chat with the opposing fans.

Tokyo Drifter

Best for singing: Wheatfield

Best for atmosphere: Old Stand

Best for getting to the bus stop quickly: Gorgie Rd

School End: horrible, especially those diddy seats up the side

Had my season ticket since i was about 6 so for about 13years....I have sat in the roseburn when i first started goin when tht was all home fans then moved to the gorgie stand for quite a few years then went to the roseburn (for one season) and i am now in section N upper in the main stand which is definately the best out of those but if i had the choice nd was to move again it would be Section N or Section G :P

I've been in the roseburn next to the Rangers fans. Its quite disgusting.

I like the old stand. Its a cute wee stand.

Old stand every time for me.

Good banter, good atmosphere and you can keep warm during the winter as everyones all bunched together (much like we were at Hampden a few years ago!).

Had my ST in there for the last 7-8 years or most of it after being in the Wheatfield for a couple before that and I definately prefer the Old Main Upper.

Definitely not the Gorgie Stand.

I felt last week against Hull, the Gorgie Stand made the most noise i've heard from it in ages.

Clerry Jambo

och the auld "wing stand" hahahaha wins hands down all the time for atmosphere - thats Section N to the youngsters.

Pity I 'm in Section H tomorrow with my daughter - may need the tartan rug and windbreaker:p

Cracklin' Rosie

Sit in section X (gorgie stand)

concur about ou lack of atmosphere, however i think being up the back behind the goals looking down the pitch, is better than sitting side on at the wheatfield

hearts_crazy

The Wheatfield is clearly the best. I was sitting in the back of the Roseburn when we clinched the Euro slot in '06 so it brings back memories of that night for me now. The noise was incredible up there BTW.

The main stand is shet, not due to atmosphere etc, it's just cramped, I have relatively long legs so sitting there is very uncomfortable.

I note a few mentions of the Shed. I used to stand at the corner at the top, near the bogs. It was good up there too.

Guest juvehearts

the shed always will & always be the best 'stand' at tynecastle.

this mecano stands couldnt even come close to it.

Archived