McDonald's Determined

JamboMarc

rico_jibbly
If we do sign another keeper, personally i dont think we need one, then I really couldnt see Jamie getting many games for the Hearts this season!

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1354244,00.html

I spoke to Jamie last week in Bathgate and he was saying that he's basically third choice but he's going to try and push for no.1 this season. We didn't speak to much about football because at the end of the day it's his job and who wants to talk about their jobs when they're on a nighout :cool:

I spoke to Jamie last week in Bathgate and he was saying that he's basically third choice but he's going to try and push for no.1 this season. We didn't speak to much about football because at the end of the day it's his job and who wants to talk about their jobs when they're on a nighout :cool:

3rd choice?

rico_jibbly
3rd choice?

He didn't say much but...I think there is another keeper at tynecastle that we don't know about :confused:

3rd choice?

Behind Banks and Basso (or new keeper), presumably. What's happening with Basso anyway? Thought he was supposed to be off to Livi?

rico_jibbly
Behind Banks and Basso (or new keeper), presumably. What's happening with Basso anyway? Thought he was supposed to be off to Livi?

I'm guessing Jamie will be no.2 this season but he'll behind the new keeper that were supposedly getting. Banks will hardly feature this season as he'll want to concentrate on his coaching.

lost in leith

I don't understand why we brought Jamie back. Last season was perfect for him. He got a run of games and big game experience too . He'd surely be first pick at Queens this eason and he'd then experience at least 2 UEFA Cup games. Instead he's likely to be stuck with splinters in his erse in the SPL and playing 'competitive' games in front of 3 men and a dug :mad:

Jam Tarts 1874

I thought Banks didn't look too clever at times against Hull. It is ironic for Jamie that he has a SC runners-up medal and could have been playing in the UEFA Cup, but now could find himself 3rd choice at Hearts. I am assuming that Hearts left the Number 1 squad number vacant deliberately and in anticipation.

John Findlay

Jamie MacDonald is not good enough as a goalkeeper to become number one at Hearts. Niether is Stevie Banks(to wee). We do need a new goalkeeper just as urgently as we need a striker who can actually put the ball in the pokey.

John

Libertonian_II
Will be amazed if he is ever a 1st team regular at Tynecastle.

Strikes me as being a bit like Roddy McKenzie, competent but otherwise unspectacular.

Strikes me as being a bit like Roddy McKenzie, competent but otherwise unspectacular.

Not a bad comparison at all. Irn Bru 1st Division about the correct standard.

Rudi Skacel

I would be happy to give Jamie a chance. I doubt there was that many happy about Craig Gordon being brought into the team. A season at Cowdenbeath and a 4-0 drubbing against Falkirk in the Scots cup made sure of that.

Worked out well in the end.

Charlie-Brown

Roddy McKenzie was certainly a mediocre goalkeeper although he managed to carve out a (mostly) SPL career for himself, and fair play to him for that......like Grant Murray he must be amazed/disappointed that Robbie Neilson got 12+ years and a testimonial at Hearts and he didn't.......anyway my main point was although Roddy Mack was limited he certainly wasn't any worse than Tepi Moilenan that we brought in at 2 or 3 times the cost whilst shipping out MacKenzie, that seemed like bad business to me.

Libertonian_II
Roddy McKenzie was certainly a mediocre goalkeeper although he managed to carve out a (mostly) SPL career for himself, and fair play to him for that......like Grant Murray he must be amazed/disappointed that Robbie Neilson got 12+ years and a testimonial at Hearts and he didn't.......anyway my main point was although Roddy Mack was limited he certainly wasn't any worse than Tepi Moilenan that we brought in at 2 or 3 times the cost whilst shipping out MacKenzie, that seemed like bad business to me.

Agreed

Archived