left back for saturday??

Riddley Walker

Thanks for the info NMH.

One thing I have always wondered at Hearts is why the youngsters are never given chances earlier than they are. I know the old argument that Shaggy should have bled more youngsters through last year has been done to death, but it just seems to me that despite having a fantastic youth set-up we wait until the players are 20/21 before giving most of them a run out in the first team. What ever happened to the whole "if your good enough, your old enough" addage? Other teams bring through teenagers into the side and by the time they reach 20/21 they are established first team players. Look at Fabregas, Walcott, Rooney, Freddie Sears, Anichebe and Vaughan. All been bled trough as teenagers in a far more cut-throat league than ours.

If these young boys (McGowan, Rapnik, Copil, Branny, Brown, Thompson (Danny or Craig), Templeton) are performing well then give them a go. Reward good performances with a place in the first team, even if it's just on the bench. That way we bleed through our best young talent early doors and also encourage these lads to perform to their best every week.

Although there is an argument that you can ruin a young lad by playing him too quickly, the coaches should be able to judge that up to a point. That apart I agree with your view and it is better having young guys on the bench dying to get on than some of the " never will be's" that we have had in recent seasons.

rossthejambo
Although there is an argument that you can ruin a young lad by playing him too quickly, the coaches should be able to judge that up to a point. That apart I agree with your view and it is better having young guys on the bench dying to get on than some of the " never will be's" that we have had in recent seasons.

i agree. having 2 or 3 youngsters on the bench would be alot better than having a couple of fringe players sitting there. i think that csaba will do that. i think he's got the sense to see that players are good enough to play in the first team but not rush them into the starting XI.

really looking forward to seeing the likes of McGowan, Rapnik, Templeton and Glen and possibly Husband getting a look in this season

Archived