left back for saturday??

Riddley Walker

Riddley Walker

sorry if this has been discussed but anyone any idea who's going to be left back on sat since wallace is unfit and obua not here yet???

gashauskis9

Brown or Karapidis, hopefully the former.

The young lad looked good last Sunday, and no better chance for him to build on that than with a start and a solid performance on Saturday.

Obua?

according to the website he won't be in contention for saturday. As it is he's still in Uganda anyway. Maybe it's all a bluff though!!

chester copperpot
according to the website he won't be in contention for saturday. As it is he's still in Uganda anyway. Maybe it's all a bluff though!!

It will be Lee if he is ok for Sat, if not, then young Brown. Dont know why we cant just recall our 3M Euro player from Nuremburg.

How the feck did Vlad get that into the clause.

Ryan Gosling
It will be Lee if he is ok for Sat, if not, then young Brown. Dont know why we cant just recall our 3M Euro player from Nuremburg.

How the feck did Vlad get that into the clause.

Guns. Lots of guns.

Greedy_Jambo
berra at left back? please no

Ha. Im just going from what i seen at the hull game.. it seemed that driver was neglecting his left back duties a bit and pushing up, berra was covering for him. Ye never know.. it might work.

Guest jambomickey
Ha. Im just going from what i seen at the hull game.. it seemed that driver was neglecting his left back duties a bit and pushing up, berra was covering for him. Ye never know.. it might work.

every post i've seen from you on jkb i've agreed with your opinion but berra at left back? couldn't disagree with you more

Peter Olivers Army
If wallace isn't fit enough I'd play Jonny Brown.

Tempted to play Brown even if Lee is fit!

I'm not going to bash Wallace, let's hope Csaba can push him in the right direction & improve his game.

Young Jonny had a decent game against Hull, hope he turns out more Naysmith than McMullan.

Greedy_Jambo
every post i've seen from you on jkb i've agreed with your opinion but berra at left back? couldn't disagree with you more

Well your probably right. since he's right footed and used to playing in the centre. But while im on about berra... i don't think he should be our main centre defender and i wouldn't have him as captain. He should be learning from someone next to him who has more experience.

Guest jambomickey

I'm not going to bash Wallace, let's hope Csaba can push him in the right direction & improve his game.

Young Jonny had a decent game against Hull, hope he turns out more Naysmith than McMullan.

nobody should bash lee wallace! the young lad was another one who suffered because of all the off field nonsense,

Guest jambomickey
Well your probably right. since he's right footed and used to playing in the centre. But while im on about berra... i don't think he should be our main centre defender and i wouldn't have him as captain. He should be learning from someone next to him who has more experience.

couldn't agree with you more! usual service resumed:)

chester copperpot

Big Davie will be our natural LB, although hearing what I have from some Kaiser Chief fans (Yes I spoke to their fans), he's a pretty attacking LB/AM so am looking forward to him.

I am going to make a prediction, he will be better than Larry.

Rapnik anyone?? The boy has skills no - one can doubt that surely has to be better than berra can you just imagine berra sprinting up the wing to support driver or who ever it maybe, emm na.Got to be rapnik or the young lad brown.

C'mon csaba show us you have your head screwed on.

Rapnik anyone?? The boy has skills no - one can doubt that surely has to be better than berra can you just imagine berra sprinting up the wing to support driver or who ever it maybe, emm na.Got to be rapnik or the young lad brown.

C'mon csaba show us you have your head screwed on.

Don't think Rapnik's a natural left back and was only played there by Csaba when there was no-one else to play there. Would have Brown there ahead of him. Hope to see Rapnik at CB at some point this season though.

Greedy_Jambo

Better than larry? hmmm. i frickin hope so. but don't get your hopes up . we are hearts after all and larry is a one off when it comes to hearts. ive not seen a better player to watch in a hearts jersey apart from rudi skacel and maybe hartley when he was scoring hatricks against celtic. Larry plays in the the ghana team next to players like essien. obua plays for team that are so far down the fifa rankings that he needed to appeal for a work permit.

chester copperpot
Better than larry? hmmm. i frickin hope so. but don't get your hopes up . we are hearts after all and larry is a one off when it comes to hearts. ive not seen a better player to watch in a hearts jersey apart from rudi skacel and maybe hartley when he was scoring hatricks against celtic. Larry plays in the the ghana team next to players like essien. obua plays for team that are so far down the fifa rankings that he needed to appeal for a work permit.

Mate, I didn't join a fans forum, I e-mailed all the employee's of my bank and asked them if they were Kaiser Chief fans. (well the South African one's). All came back and told me he's some player.

One thing that worries me is that he's very attacking, so we may need Driver to track back and cover sometimes. Maybe this is what Csaba had in mind on sunday against Hull when he deployed Driver at LB.

Here's hoping.

Greedy_Jambo
Mate, I didn't join a fans forum, I e-mailed all the employee's of my bank and asked them if they were Kaiser Chief fans. (well the South African one's). All came back and told me he's some player.

One thing that worries me is that he's very attacking, so we may need Driver to track back and cover sometimes. Maybe this is what Csaba had in mind on sunday against Hull when he deployed Driver at LB.

Here's hoping.

In my opinion driver is our best left winger, he's quick, forward thinking and theres a lot more to come from him since he's young and still developing. I think every player should learn how to track back but if csaba has plans to have driver as a defensive player...he's crazy like vlad.

Guest jambomickey
In my opinion driver is our best left winger, he's quick, forward thinking and theres a lot more to come from him since he's young and still developing. I think every player should learn how to track back but if csaba has plans to have driver as a defensive player...he's crazy like vlad.

spot on! we want driver in forward positions

Big Davie will be our natural LB, although hearing what I have from some Kaiser Chief fans (Yes I spoke to their fans), he's a pretty attacking LB/AM so am looking forward to him.

Hmmm, that reminds me of someone else I had the privilege of watching once upon a moon

Rhymes with satchel :rolleyes:

jamboinheaven
Hmmm, that reminds me of someone else I had the privilege of watching once upon a moon

neil mccanthchel

I am going to make a prediction, he will be better than Larry.

I wonder if they plan on using wing backs now that Obua has signed if thats the case? Dont fancy Robbie as a wing back......

I think Obua would be wasted at left back.

He has scored a lot of goals and think he would be more suited for us as an attacking left midfielder ala Rudi.

Lee Wallace still has a lot of learning to do defencively.

Johnny Brown is still young and is he not right footed , it was murder watching Alan Maybury trying to play in that position.

I think we need a new left back.

Without wathing any pre season, and probably not Saturday, but how about:

Driver Jonsson Obua Kingston

Walace Berra Zal/Kara Neilson

LiamWallace

agree i would play Brown he is a very good prosepct and getting experience this young would be good for him Wallace will be fine if its him though.

Charlie-Brown
I think Obua would be wasted at left back.

He has scored a lot of goals and think he would be more suited for us as an attacking left midfielder ala Rudi.

Lee Wallace still has a lot of learning to do defencively.

Johnny Brown is still young and is he not right footed , it was murder watching Alan Maybury trying to play in that position.

I think we need a new left back.

Maybe not this saturday but sooner or later, Mikey Delands, you heard it here first.....our best left back prospect since Naysmith.

PS Johnny Brown is a really good prospect as well, he can play left back although his right foot is stronger - is an attacking full-back and prefers to be in his opponents penalty box more than his own.....like Tosh McKinlay used to.

Only a Game
I'd give young Jonny Brown a crack,

Mate, thats a job that only trained plastic surgeons should even attempt

:confused::confused::dribble::dribble::confused:

Mate, thats a job that only trained plastic surgeons should even attempt

:confused::confused::dribble::dribble::confused:

What about the last bit?

Maybe not this saturday but sooner or later, Mikey Delands, you heard it here first.....our best left back prospect since Naysmith.

PS Johnny Brown is a really good prospect as well, he can play left back although his right foot is stronger - is an attacking full-back and prefers to be in his opponents penalty box more than his own.....like Tosh McKinlay used to.

Do you think Brown is a better RB than Thomson ?

Not been too impressed with Thomson.

But early days.

Charlie-Brown
Do you think Brown is a better RB than Thomson ?

Not been too impressed with Thomson.

But early days.

It depends Jayel - Johnny Brown is a great wee player and can play left or right back - but he's an attacking fullback who loves to bomb forward and he's got the skill to take people on and beat them, his passing and movement is really good too.

Jason Thomson is probably a more steady player and being almost 3 years older than Brown is more physically prepared for the SPL at this moment in time.

Thomson's passing and crossing is better than Neilson's.

Given his age & experience Neilson - can be a solid enough defensive player and probably ahead of the younger two in terms of basic defending at this stage of their careers - is that enough for Csaba though if he wants his teams to play decent football?

I think it would be easier to correct Brown & Thomson's inexperience & defensive weaknesses than it would be to expect Robbie to become a good football player......

Anyway at left-back big Mikey Deland is the future....provided he doesn't get big headed or develop at bad attitude or get injuries...but for a player in his position he has tremendous prospects.

Cheers for the breakdown NMH.

TBH i would keep Robbie in that position just now / when fit.

But he will have to produce with these two fighting for his place.

:thumb:

It depends Jayel - Johnny Brown is a great wee player and can play left or right back - but he's an attacking fullback who loves to bomb forward and he's got the skill to take people on and beat them, his passing and movement is really good too.

Jason Thomson is probably a more steady player and being almost 3 years older than Brown is more physically prepared for the SPL at this moment in time.

Given his age & experience Neilson - can be a solid enough defensive player and probably ahead of the younger two in terms of basic defending at this stage of their careers - is that enough for Csaba though if he wants his teams to play decent football?

I think it would be easier to correct Brown & Thomson's inexperience & defensive weaknesses than it would be to expect Robbie to become a good football player......

Anyway at left-back big Mikey Deland is the future....provided he doesn't get big headed or develop at bad attitude or get injuries...but for a player in his position he has tremendous prospects.

Was wondering which youngesters guys thought would get a real;istic chance this season, Brown, Thomson have been mentioned, Glen - will any get a run in the team?

:)

scott_jambo
Was wondering which youngesters guys thought would get a real;istic chance this season, Brown, Thomson have been mentioned, Glen - will any get a run in the team?

:)

Since Glen is our best striker id hope so! Hope he keeps out the treatment room though.

Peter Tatchell?!

One afternoon I was fiddling around the sports channels and there was a U21 game on Huns TV and I saw this lad. I have to say I was highly impressed. He looks big and strong and advances at pace, reminiscent of a young Stuart Pearce. I reckon he could make the break through this season if he keeps his feet on the ground. You heard it here second.

I can see Obua being played behind the striker. Which wouldn't be a bad thing as we wouldn't have to watch Ksana.

And I would agree with Andy that he will be better than Larry.

What about young Craig Thompson? Saw bits of him in the Milk Cup and also heard he was awesome when the 19's played Penicuik. A good old fashioned wing back. Anybody know much about this lad? Potentially one for the near future?

nobody should bash lee wallace! the young lad was another one who suffered because of all the off field nonsense,

I think it's time for Wallace to screw the nut, grow up a bit and make a real push for the 1st team, he's in danger of falling away and not making the most of his potential as a player.

There's definitely ability there but as has been said he's got a lot to learn defensively, his awareness and positioning isnt the best at left back and he get's caught with a ball over the top of him too easily. He is good going forward from left back though.

Nothing worse than seeing potential go to waste, Wallace is in danger of falling into this bracket IMO.

Charlie-Brown
What about young Craig Thompson? Saw bits of him in the Milk Cup and also heard he was awesome when the 19's played Penicuik. A good old fashioned wing back. Anybody know much about this lad? Potentially one for the near future?

Craig Thomson is another promising young right back but he is only 17 and Deland is only 16 so this year they should be looking to establish themselves in the U19 & cement a place there before pushing towards the reserves and ultimately 1st team level....Johnny Brown is already 18 and whilst still eligible at U19 level he's already had 2 seasons at that age group so this year should be looking to make a reserve team place his own and fight for first team squad places.

Irish youngster Shaun Kelly at 19 is now too old for ther U19's and like Brown has to grab a reserve team slot & push for promotion or a loan move to get first team experience.

At 21 both Lee Wallace & Jason Thomson have a massive season ahead of them and need to establish themselves as first team level players and make regular appearances - their goal has to be the 18 man matchday squad each week and as many starting places as they can.

Thanks for the info NMH.

One thing I have always wondered at Hearts is why the youngsters are never given chances earlier than they are. I know the old argument that Shaggy should have bled more youngsters through last year has been done to death, but it just seems to me that despite having a fantastic youth set-up we wait until the players are 20/21 before giving most of them a run out in the first team. What ever happened to the whole "if your good enough, your old enough" addage? Other teams bring through teenagers into the side and by the time they reach 20/21 they are established first team players. Look at Fabregas, Walcott, Rooney, Freddie Sears, Anichebe and Vaughan. All been bled trough as teenagers in a far more cut-throat league than ours.

If these young boys (McGowan, Rapnik, Copil, Branny, Brown, Thompson (Danny or Craig), Templeton) are performing well then give them a go. Reward good performances with a place in the first team, even if it's just on the bench. That way we bleed through our best young talent early doors and also encourage these lads to perform to their best every week.

Archived