Webster... (merged threads)

Tams bird

I'd take Gow, Burke and Boyd in a shot, and Webster could come back if he agreed to spend a year cleaning the under 12s boots and earning ?1 a week.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IN A SECOND ............. IF

he was fit and willing to play for us -- he was a very good player and would certainly on his old form be a first choice.

Forget the rest of the crap -- if you refused a contract from your employer who then told the manager not to play you and this resulted in you missing out on a medal etc then of course you would bear a grudge -- there was a law and he used it -- he was the first but he won't be the last -- no one moans nowdays about the bosman ruling but this was said about the first players who used the rule then.

Times change and regulations change -- Vlad cannot rule like a dictator in the old days -- the football laws have moved with employmnent laws and nowadays paople are entitled to leave with compensation -- sure it wasn't nice but in his shoes would you have done anything different ?

Fine , but what about his tantrums when he refused to go on tour with Hearts just after Burley joined , just because Hearts wouldn`t let him go to Greyskull doesn`t mean he can throw his dummy out of the pram whenever it suits him. The W @nker , he deserves everything that he gets.

I'd take a fit Webster without hesitation. Not the first Scottish player whose career has been wrecked whilst at the OF.

But best for Webster would be to go to Dundee Utd, reunited with Levein, who could probably put his career back on track, and it's near Arbroath.

Schadenfreude and Karma are all very well, but I can't take any pleasure from this young man's recent travails. He was all set for a long-term Scotland career, one of the best central defenders of his generation, and now his confidence must be shot to pieces.

Though we've had loads of great defenders over the past 20 years, and AW is not the best, he undoubtedly was part of the best defence we've had in the past 40 years. Gordon, Pressley and Webster: if you wanted to go places you could build a team around them, as CL and GB proved.

Life's far too short to bear grudges. I hope he leaves Rangers and thrives again.

He deserves all he gets after his behaviour that pre-season which resulted in him not goin on the tour, and the way he conducted himself before his departure. He may not want to have been there but his conduct was shocking and clearly partly due to our refusal to sell him to Rangers in the above incident.

Seymour M Hersh
Aw...poor Webster!! (not!) His career is on a downward spiral from here on in :lolpoint:

I beg to differ. His career has been on a downward spiral since he left Tynecastle.

Archived