Webster... (merged threads)

Tams bird

Mr Quagmire
We've got to be interested in Gow? Surely - particularly in some sort of fire sale.

Creative. Attacking. Can score goals. Young. Potential sell-on value.

Not the finished article, but somebody that could be worked on to be a real asset IMO

Thinking the same, He must be a target.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've got to be interested in Gow? Surely - particularly in some sort of fire sale.

Creative. Attacking. Can score goals. Young. Potential sell-on value.

Not the finished article, but somebody that could be worked on to be a real asset IMO

WHY ? I wouldn`t want him in a Hearts shirt under any circumstances, when he had supposedly already turned HMFC down twice, I also think it`s brilliant if Webster is punted from Ibrox, the w@ nker shafted Hearts by refusing to go on a pre season trip with Hearts because they wouldn`t let him go to Greyskull whilst he was contracted to HEARTS .

Suspect Device
I've never seen any headlines like that about VR though. maybe not exactly, but pretty similar - written and spoken media

Murray has more than likely told Smith he needs to sell before he can buy. or said "he's P!$h, he's P!$h, he's P!$h - get rid.

i dont know do you ? (tbf your'e probably right, but it's still Murray making the call ;) )

He has hardly limped into the changing room and told the players they will all be sold to "Kilmarnock or whoever will take them" if they don't win a match.no what he's done is let a journalist state that they are for the chop because they lost a game.

Some Hearts fans have gone beyond paranoid about the press.

i'm certainly not paranoid about the press and i think Vlad deserves a lot of the stick he gets both in the press and on here - he has done and said things which are remarkably stupid, i just feel the double standards used when its Sir David (would you like a hurl in my jet) Murray is wrong, don't you ?

bean counter

"Record Sport understands chairman Sir David Murray will order manager Walter Smith to dump at least half a dozen duds before the transfer window closes in just over three weeks."

Whats this a chairman interferring in the football side of the business ?

Seymour M Hersh
I notice you have started to believe what Keith Jackson reports.

I wonder if you would have believed it had it been reported that VR was ordering the sale of at least 6 players.

;)

I didn't even read it. Just the strap line son!

Drylaw Hearts
I didn't even read it. Just the strap line son!

Commenting on something you didn't even read ?

Schoolboy error.

dont see how binning fringe players who had no involvement in the game is any sort of sensible reaction to their embarrasing performance at kaunas...

surely they would be better off binning the likes of broadfoot and daily? also... if i was der hun would hang on to webster what with wier surely going to succumb to altzheimers any minute..... their defence is a joke

Smith will go for experience every time, he is only intersted in quick fixes, hense Dailly and Weir will be staying.

Wattie an alumnus of the Craig Broon School of Youth Development, then?

I'd take a fit Webster without hesitation. Not the first Scottish player whose career has been wrecked whilst at the OF.

But best for Webster would be to go to Dundee Utd, reunited with Levein, who could probably put his career back on track, and it's near Arbroath.

Schadenfreude and Karma are all very well, but I can't take any pleasure from this young man's recent travails. He was all set for a long-term Scotland career, one of the best central defenders of his generation, and now his confidence must be shot to pieces.

Though we've had loads of great defenders over the past 20 years, and AW is not the best, he undoubtedly was part of the best defence we've had in the past 40 years. Gordon, Pressley and Webster: if you wanted to go places you could build a team around them, as CL and GB proved.

Life's far too short to bear grudges. I hope he leaves Rangers and thrives again.

Thats a great post mars.However I fear he's a spent force, don't think you can have as long out the game as he has and still come back the same.

However if anyone can help him, Craig Levein is the man

Ryan Gosling
It's been 2 years since Webster walked out on us and unless I'm mistaken there has not been another player since Webster to invoke the clause.

It seems pretty strange considering the hoo-ha that was made at the time.

This ruling was supposed to be going to change football.

Maybe that Press Conference we had, scared players into NOT using the clause.

:rolleyes:

Jonas Gutierrez used it to sign for Newcastle last month.

Bordeaux 03
"Record Sport understands chairman Sir David Murray will order manager Walter Smith to dump at least half a dozen duds before the transfer window closes in just over three weeks."

Whats this a chairman interferring in the football side of the business ?

Nothing to do with the wage bill they won't be able to afford. haha

Seymour M Hersh
Commenting on something you didn't even read ?

Schoolboy error.

Wrong again, I read the strapline and commented on that. C'mon now get with the programme!!;)

Not understanding what's clear as day? Schoolboy error.

... becuase he's your mate, or because you think he's still good enough to play for Hearts...?

I see Dailly as having huge experience, and he would certainly be 100% committed. A great role model to have at a club, and someone who would be widely respected, I just don't know however whether he has much more to give as a player in the SPL?

At the risk of getting an adverse reaction, I'd rather see Elvis filing the role model position as I think he has a genuine feeling for the Hearts.

Firstly, he is not my mate. :)

Secondly, I think he would be committed, a great role model and a fantastic centre half to play alongside Berra. He is well known as being one of the fittest guys at the club, regularly finishing with the best at the club in training exercises, he could do us a real turn.

I agree on all - apart from Daily.

If you think Elvis is done then Daily most definately is also done.

Are we comparing a player that played Premiership football last season and is still playing now with a former football player that not only never played a league game last year and has been turned down by Doncaster Rovers?:confused:

I hope webster ****s his knee again getting off the train to Arbroath so that even they don't want to resign him. Never have I wanted any player EVER to fail more than this judas kant. Not sure if it's Karma or these 50 voodoo dolls I have that been repeatedly stabbing in the knee for 2 years?

I?m not gonna lie, I would take all of those ?fringe? players at Hearts. Boyd, Gow, Burke, Webster and Cousin would all walk into our team at the moment.

**** aye - I'd take them all right now.

Any manager with half a brain would walk over broken glass for a poacher like Boyd, especially.

They feckers better not get rid of him..... not till after he's had to endue a "homecoming" at Tynecastle.

I want that boy to endure 90 minutes of utter hell at Tynecastle. 90 minutes of the most disgusting, vile, sickening, un-politically correct abuse he'll ever endure in his life.

After that, they can do whatever they like with him.

IN A SECOND ............. IF

he was fit and willing to play for us -- he was a very good player and would certainly on his old form be a first choice.

Forget the rest of the crap -- if you refused a contract from your employer who then told the manager not to play you and this resulted in you missing out on a medal etc then of course you would bear a grudge -- there was a law and he used it -- he was the first but he won't be the last -- no one moans nowdays about the bosman ruling but this was said about the first players who used the rule then.

Times change and regulations change -- Vlad cannot rule like a dictator in the old days -- the football laws have moved with employmnent laws and nowadays paople are entitled to leave with compensation -- sure it wasn't nice but in his shoes would you have done anything different ?

Drylaw Hearts

Are we comparing a player that played Premiership football last season and is still playing now with a former football player that not only never played a league game last year and has been turned down by Doncaster Rovers?:confused:

It appears so.

:)

What club will sign Webster??

He's going to a team called Schaedenfreud according to Beverley. Must be German or Austrian.

Surrey Jambo
He's going to a team called Schaedenfreud according to Beverley. Must be German or Austrian.

Ironically Webster may opt to "rot in the reserves" and take the money, rather than moving for first team football, for less money.

While things have gone badly for Andy, they haven't exactly gone spectacularly well for us either.

They feckers better not get rid of him..... not till after he's had to endue a "homecoming" at Tynecastle.

I want that boy to endure 90 minutes of utter hell at Tynecastle. 90 minutes of the most disgusting, vile, sickening, un-politically correct abuse he'll ever endure in his life.

:) That sounds incredible fun ! .... hope I'm there

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,

Nor hell a fury like a supporter scorned.

Should be fun.

tommythejambo
He is not even good enough for Abroath.

Yes he is.

If it wasn't for all the s***e he had put us through, I'd take him back in a second.

I'd rather see Elvis filing the role model position as I think he has a genuine feeling for the Hearts.

The only feeling that rheptile has for Hearts is one of hatred. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The only feeling that rheptile has for Hearts is one of hatred. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm making a big assumption here ... you don't like Elvis ?

you don't like Elvis ?

No proper Hearts fan does. Fact. :sad:

Ibrahim Tall

Get him signed Vlad, 5 year contract. Wage demands won't be high surely what with his career basically having been on hold for years.

Then let the ******* rot in the reserves for those 5 year, the wages will be worth it just to see his career ruined further.

gashauskis9

Elvis thread number 9000228844 alert!!!!!

For the record, I have alot of time for Elvis and would happily see him back so you can tick me off your list Therapist.

I see what you are trying to do John! :)

then you're a wiser man than me...........

but both knew that anyway....

alwaysthereinspirit

Hard fact or just one of your "know it all" opinions again.

I'd be delighted with Gow, Burke and Webster at Tynecastle.

Not a chance of getting Boyd, but I'd be over the moon if we managed to get him too.

IN A SECOND ............. IF

he was fit and willing to play for us -- he was a very good player and would certainly on his old form be a first choice.

Forget the rest of the crap -- if you refused a contract from your employer who then told the manager not to play you and this resulted in you missing out on a medal etc then of course you would bear a grudge -- there was a law and he used it -- he was the first but he won't be the last -- no one moans nowdays about the bosman ruling but this was said about the first players who used the rule then.

Times change and regulations change -- Vlad cannot rule like a dictator in the old days -- the football laws have moved with employmnent laws and nowadays paople are entitled to leave with compensation -- sure it wasn't nice but in his shoes would you have done anything different ?

I don't think Bosman and Webster should in any way be seen as similar.

The Bosman ruling has turned out to be the right one. I don't like the six month pre contract thing but I'll put up with it.

Webster, however, deserves no sympathy. No one forced him to sign his contract with us.

I think anyone who signs a contract in good faith and then wants to unilaterally break it to grab more dosh is of questionable character.

Just because something is legal does not mean it is not morally dubious.

To conclude, I would rather lie in me own pesh than see him play for the Hearts again.:mad:

Vlad would never have him back. He shafted Hearts and Vlad.

Although I would love Vlad to put daft offers in for Boyd and Gow.

Gers are in not a good state, GOOD.

Well done Kaunas.

Our B teams cost them millions.

A song for Ibrox.

Our B teams cost you millions

Our B teams cost you millions

Ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha.

i think that such Lust for Hatred,such Vitriol,such commdenation for a fellow human being is aqbsolutely justified..anyone who disagrees...:hobofish:

Archived