Hearts vs Motherwell - score predictions

leginten

Maroon Mayhem

Have I been abducted by aliens and not seen something?

This is Motherwell FFS!!!

They have one or two decent players and a manager that gets the best out of them but they are limited!

Our under-acheievements last year came from our lack of direction and discipline, I'm confident that we can now beat them fairly comfortably.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either a 0-0 draw or a narrow Hearts win. Can't see Motherwell scoring.

The Mighty Thor

A 0-0 draw at best, but probably 0-1.

I Can't see where the goals will come from and the defence containing a centre back pairing of Zaliukus and Berra isn't usually too far away from a calamity.

Hoping to be very very wrong though.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=55

This is the motherwell squad as per their web site (1st team) merely 20 players and that includes 3 or 4 introduced from the youth set up working up the ladder. Point is they did very well last year but look at the limitations they have. Few good players but for me nobody is a massive stick out although at the minute I would take porter.

Loads of work to do from us I agree but we do have better players IMHO so while I understand the lack of optimism in some score line the bottom line is at home v well with the squads we have we should win. we actually did ok against them last year despite the final league positions so i will go for 2-0 to us.

Good point. It is only when you look at their squad that you see how few stars they are.

I think that they have the better manager - our first choice remember even if he is tainted by his mafia connections ;) and he has proven to be good at getting the most out of his team.

I expect us to get beaten, but hopefully will be positively surprised.

Cut The Crap

Based on what little I've seen of both teams this preseason, I reckon we've probably got enough to hold them but not to beat them.

I'll go for 2-2.

Buffalo Bill

Hearts 5 Motherwell 3

Hearts scorers:

Kingston

Zally

Berra

Stewart

Ksanaviciuos

Motherwell scorers:

Big Fun

big_fun_rear_stamp.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
3-1

Mole

Kingston

OG

-

Penalty For motherwell.

And was it a penalty?

Buffalo Bill

The Old Tolbooth

1-0 to Hearts, because we have no firepower to be able to score more than 1 goal per game imo, and I'm praying we don't concede.

Fxxx the SPFL

3-2 Hearts, Zaliakus hatrick and two og's, gosh this bottle of meths is brilliant.

:wacko:

I am struggling to predict this one. I think it will be a draw or a 0 - 1 defeat (i really hope not).

I think Csaba needs time with them. I expect us to have a poor-ish start to the season (probably down to fixtures as well) and then all of a sudden everything to start fitting into place and we go on a bit of a run.

I certainly think Csaba talks the right sort of game and therefore deserves the patience of the fans while he cleans up the mess he inherited.

I do totally agree that Well are not all that and I think they will struggle this season. They are one of those teams that are/were always seen as an easier fixture by their opposition and I think that due to last seasons success they will no longer have that luxury and therefore find it harder to steal points from tardy teams.

quite a few people are touting Big Zal to score. Why do they think he is our new no.1 goal threat?

Sexton Hardcastle
And was it a penalty?

Buffalo Bill

Of course. The mafia got it right this time.

Ryan Gosling
quite a few people are touting Big Zal to score. Why do they think he is our new no.1 goal threat?

He's looked dangerous from corners this pre-season. Gets up well at the front post.

He's looked dangerous from corners this pre-season. Gets up well at the front post.

Does that mean we are actually going to change our style of corners?

Every freaking corner we took last season was aimed towards Berra at the backpost to head across goal. And just about every time he got caught under the ball and looped it back over the bar!

I suppose that is a fair comment but I can't help thinking of how many times Berra got his head onto a corner last season and couldn't manage to get it on target.

We need to greatly improve on out corners before they will become fruitful (Of course I live in hope)

I think our goals will come on the break from quick passing and our midfield breaking forward

Every freaking corner we took last season was aimed towards Berra at the backpost to head across goal. And just about every time he got caught under the ball and looped it back over the bar!

beat me to it:)

Ryan Gosling

I noticed on Sunday that we were taking outswinging corners now. And Stewart was nowhere near them.

Outswinging corners and inswinging free kicks are the way to go about it.

I noticed on Sunday that we were taking outswinging corners now. And Stewart was nowhere near them.

Outswinging corners and inswinging free kicks are the way to go about it.

is that just because it is the opposite from what we have been doing ;)

There is no doubt Stewart can deliver a great set piece/pass...he just doesn't do it enough

Heart of Midlothian FC 3-0 Unemployed Steelmen FC

Driver

Kingston

Zaliukas

Banks

Brown

Zaliukas

Berra

Wallace

Mikoliunas

Kingston

Stewart

Driver

Mole

Ksanavicius

Hearts 2 Motherwell 0

Kingston & Driver with the goals;)

What are the chances of Thatcher streaking across the pitch before giving th Motherwell fans the finger?

Wouldn't be the first time she f****d them over.

Broxburn Jambo

T think in losing McCormack they are going to miss any real cutting edge, I am hopeful that we will play as a team and have some real work ethic,

Goals, I know we have no real strike force but overall we have more goals in midfield and at set pieces from defence.

I go for 2 - 1 JTs

Harry Kinnear

Last season we were 1-0 at half time then after counter inspirational leadership from the Axis of Gash via fax we lost 1-2, this time with a bit more of a proper manager 2-0 for the mighty JTs

Bit early, I know, but the anticipation is beginning to build.

I have a feeling we'll get off to a good start and win 3-1. I just haven't worked out where the goals are coming from, but I'm sure that'll sort itself out!

:)

3-0 Hearts

Greedy_Jambo

Im still worried about where the goals will come from. I can't beleive we're going into the new season with no new strikers.

1-0 Hearts. Kingston

1-1 start brightly and then run out of idea's!

There is improvement on last season but no where near enough for poeple to belive we will go out and destroy a fairly decent team IMO, shammy is no where near good enough and mole just isnt the answer if we start 4-5-1!!

Hope im wrong!!

Bit early, I know, but the anticipation is beginning to build.

I have a feeling we'll get off to a good start and win 3-1. I just haven't worked out where the goals are coming from, but I'm sure that'll sort itself out!

:)

I am with you, I have been having dreams that the scoreline will read 3-1 for us.

I wonder what the odds are?

Just found the odds, ranging from 12's to 18-1

Archived