Hearts vs Motherwell - score predictions

leginten

Bit early, I know, but the anticipation is beginning to build.

I have a feeling we'll get off to a good start and win 3-1. I just haven't worked out where the goals are coming from, but I'm sure that'll sort itself out!

:)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two weeks ago i was predicting defeat but ive had a burst of optimism since then.

Heart of Midlothian 2-1 Motherwell

loveofthegame

I don't think we'll lose. But if i'm being honest i see a 0-0. Hopefully scrape out a result, 1-0 would do nicely.

1-0 to the well , hope to f@k im wrong but i think a draw at best.Not sure whos going to score the goals this season....yet.

rudeskaboyuk

1-1 hearts score 1st around 15 mins , motherwell score just before halftime . Kinda good start for hearts but fade away and run out off ideas .

Hope i am wrong and we thump them though .

TyphoonJambo

Sorry but cant see where the goals are coming from. I predict some nice football to start then bullied into the usual SPL physical sheeite then a lucky 0-0

2-0 Hearts.

A solid enough, but not quite thrilling 1-0 going into the last 15 minutes with a nice counter attack second to seal the win.

Cue "Cheer up Mark McGhee" etc etc

shaun.lawson
Hearts 0 Motherwell 8

You always make predictions like this Davy, yet no-one ever seems to ask why. Is it that old chestnut of "expect the worst, and you can only be pleasantly surprised"?

Fourcandles
Hearts 0 Motherwell 8

Far too pessimistic..................I reckon 0-6. :rolleyes:

Seriously tho I would have expected us to struggle with this game last season and not a lot has changed in personnel terms with either team so 1-1 seems a good bet.

:sad:

Reckon Motherwell are one season wonders.

Confidense is high.

We will horse them

1-0 ;) any ****** to score,aint fussed ,just want the points ;)

Strange though it seems even with their good season last year we did OK against them -- never much more than a goal in it including the cup so if we improve then we could sneak it 2-1 but first game nerves and suspensions/injury problems mean a 1-1 draw.

Snake Plissken

1-0.

Either Larry will pop a free kick in or Zal or Berra will get on the end of a set piece. I don't see a striker scoring.

$ilvery_Moon

I think we're going to batter them and get it right up McGhee.

4-1 Hearts and top of the league.

I think we'll struggle for goals the rest of the season, but I like a previous poster think Well will be a one season wonder and will be there for the taking.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=55

This is the motherwell squad as per their web site (1st team) merely 20 players and that includes 3 or 4 introduced from the youth set up working up the ladder. Point is they did very well last year but look at the limitations they have. Few good players but for me nobody is a massive stick out although at the minute I would take porter.

Loads of work to do from us I agree but we do have better players IMHO so while I understand the lack of optimism in some score line the bottom line is at home v well with the squads we have we should win. we actually did ok against them last year despite the final league positions so i will go for 2-0 to us.

1-1, would have went for 1-0 but i have gave my ticket away (away for the weekend) to a fellow JKB'er, and he is a jonah.:cool:

We_are_the_Hearts

1-1.

Whatever happens we will improve as the season goes on. Csaba needs time to organise the players and install better movement throughout the team and get them more tactically thinking, especially when we lose the ball. We also have Obua, Tullberg and a fit Nade to bolster the team soon.

Archived