Obua gets WP

donaldius fordovich

2 teams in this seasons CL and an EPL team all wanted him,he must really hold Csaba in high regards.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome David :)

Although their two countries are many miles apart, I would hope he and Larry will give each other lots of support being fellow Africans :)

Heres Rixxy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/6507193.stm

"Uganda forward David Obua is desperately hoping he will be able to follow his father and play for the Cranes at a Nations Cup finals...

The Kaizer Chiefs star also revealed that he is hoping for a move to Europe when his contract with the Johannesburg club runs out at the end of June.

"I want to play in the (Uefa) Champions League and that is my dream. I will do anything to be there."

:dribble:

So....

By definition, the WP committee judges on players ability, and whether they will bring something to the SPL game?

So they agree he is a decent player?

So not only do we have a decision going in our favour, we have by a panels decision, a good player?

SWEEEEET.

Well

They have previously approved Du Wei, Sheidt, Benji and Zemmama....:sad:

No guarantees, but I think this guy will be a wee nugget for us

SoldierPalmer

welcome aboard Davie - a few goals against the ugly sisters would go down well - with 16th Aug a good time to start :P

Darth Jambo

That's great news, I'm wholly surprised after last nights result that we got it through though, seems the future is looking brighter on a lot of fronts!:dribble:

Greta news - there seems to be a wee bit of optimism about the place, add someone who can bang in 20 a season and we could be getting it right up them:dribble:

Seems like a pretty decent player. Obviously the manager knows him well, and said he wants to sign *quality*. Fingers crossed!

Welcome to the best club on the planet, David!

Lynn:mj_zivili:

monkfish1979
Says on the official site that he won't be playing this weekend. Not sure if that's the truth or simply to out-fox Mothersmell

I hope Merde-r-well isn't his first game for us. A visit from the scottish chapter of the KKK wouldn't make for a fun debut.

Ray Winstone

Great news - hope to see him making his debut on Saturday (injury providing)

Delighted to hear the news.

Sounds like a good player.

If I can repeat what others have said.....

WELCOME David, hope your career at Hearts is a succesful one!

Chad Sexington

I was always pretty confident he'd get it but I'm chuffed to bits it's official.

Welcome David.

:)

According to the interweb, the black stripes symbolise the African people, the yellow symbolises the sun and the red stands for brotherhood and fraternity. The birdie in the middle, the crested crane, is a national symbol of Uganda. There you go.

And available on EBay for ?4.50!*

*would get one myself, but you can't see up to the back of N3 anyway!

Welcome David

It would have been a sorry state of affairs if the south african player of the year never got a wp.

Mind you the state that scottish footbal is in ie pandering to the OF every needs it would not have suprised me

Welcome David

It would have been a sorry state of affairs if the south african player of the year never got a wp.

Mind you the state that scottish footbal is in ie pandering to the OF every needs it would not have suprised me

When did he get this?

Have repeatedly seen it mentioned, but I can't see any confirmation on the net.

He appears to have won the Kaizer Chiefs award. But can anyone confirm that he won a South African player of the year award?

best in the land

:omg::omg::omg:

amazed!!!!

this is probs to soften the blow so the gfa can hammer us next time. ;)

anyone any idea where he'll actually play? I'd presumed left back but he can play pretty much anywhere according to the interweb!

anyone any idea where he'll actually play? I'd presumed left back but he can play pretty much anywhere according to the interweb!

With a fully fit team???

Hopefully just behind the front man... as shabba said he can play well their also.

chester copperpot

I think he's been predominantly signed as a LB, but he can play AM, ala Lee Wallace, hopefully better though.

I'm pretty excited from what I hear. Kaiser Chiefs tend to be the Real Madrid of the African continent, and if we can sign their POTY, looks not too bad IMO. He must be Uganda's best player if he's held that high.

Fingers crossed, and oh yeah, welcome David.

For all those that say they want him to play on saturday - he wont be playing and wont be here till next week according to the hearts website!

Which is a bit of a b!tch, would have loved to have seen him against mudderwell!

chester copperpot
For all those that say they want him to play on saturday - he wont be playing and wont be here till next week according to the hearts website!

Which is a bit of a b!tch, would have loved to have seen him against mudderwell!

We have an able deputy in Mr Brown (or Lee)

Drylaw Hearts

A new signing !!!

Wonderful.

I look forward to seeing him play and he certainly comes with a decent pedigree.

Btw......

That's one in the eye for those conspiracy theorists.

;)

I really cannot beleive this...............:omg:

Good News after good news!

Mon the jambos!

Now where is that season ticket..................:107years:

ditto apart from "believe"

Reading a wee bit about him on the site there; jesus, it looks like we've made one hell of a signing there based on his pedigree. For a midfielder he seems to know where the goal is, too. I would certainly play him behind the front 2 and, if needed, drop him into one of the other positions he's comfortable with. Ksanavicius is useless, IMO, and the rest of our CMs are too similar; we need someone else who can create and score goals so we aren't relying on Kingston all the time and, hopefully, Davey's the guy to do it.

Wonder why he chose us instead of the EPL or Seria A team, though. Regardless, well done Hearts and welcome David.

Francis Albert

Good news. Now can we please give him a few games to settle into unfamiliar surroundings before judging him (one way or the other).

Ryan Gosling
When did he get this?

Have repeatedly seen it mentioned, but I can't see any confirmation on the net.

He appears to have won the Kaizer Chiefs award. But can anyone confirm that he won a South African player of the year award?

Coco -

He was nominated but lost in 2005/06. He won it in 2006/07.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200807230684.html

chester copperpot
A new signing !!!

Wonderful.

I look forward to seeing him play and he certainly comes with a decent pedigree.

Btw......

That's one in the eye for those conspiracy theorists.

;)

Like you? ;)

What date are we on for that ride? :P

Carl Spackler
Apparently Walter Smith got his permit taken off him at the same meeting.:)

Laughed alot reading that!

Great news, I think this guy will be a great player.

Cheers Pat (if you were on the panel).

My only concern would be both he and Kingston requiring a load of time off for African Nations qualifiers and the like.

According to Peanuts link, it a 4 year deal:

At the weekend, Cranes international David Obua put pen to paper on a 4-year deal with Scottish Premier League (SPL) side Hearts of Midlothian

chester copperpot
Excellent news. Has there been any mention of how long a contract he signed?

3 yrs I think mate.

Dirk Diggler

Cracking news.

Obviously we'll have to see how he adapts to the SPL but I do have a good feeling about this boy. :)

Oh and I read somewhere that it was 4 years when it was announced we had signed him subject to the WP.

Nice one. I was surprised with how seamless it has been.

Meantime "Sergy", from Hobos.net, JKB Flump of the Year 2008 has posted this comment over there.

A Ugandan, who undoubtedly came cheap and was probably lured by a bung of a bag of fresh crickets

If anybody on this board had posted something similar about a Hobo signing, suspension would have definitely loomed.

Patrick Bateman
Nice one. I was surprised with how seamless it has been.

Meantime "Sergy", from Hobos.net, JKB Flump of the Year 2008 has posted this comment over there.

If anybody on this board had posted something similar about a Hobo signing, suspension would have definitely loomed.

Hibernian have a racist undercurrent amongst their fans, no doubt about it. They just like to pretend they don't.

Anyway, congratulations to Obua, I'm sure he'll be a great signing.

coppercrutch

Fair outcome from the hearing. Credit where credit is due.

Nothing wring with praising these chumps when they get it right.

As for the signing I am a little excited. Let's hope him and Kingston turn each other on. In the footballing sense of course.

Fair outcome from the hearing. Credit where credit is due.

Nothing wring with praising these chumps when they get it right.

As for the signing I am a little excited. Let's hope him and Kingston turn each other on. In the footballing sense of course.

Of course ;)

Careful. SMH will get jealous

coppercrutch
Given that an ex-Hibs player was on the appeal board this is a great result!

How do you know this out of interest ? The usually don't make the panel public IIRC.

Archived