Best matchday boozer

Rathojambo

Has to be the Westfield 4 me.This place has a great atmosphere on matchday .

used to enjoy the sample rooms although the Tynie Arms has become the regular haunt pre / post match for me.

Drylaw Hearts

Tynie Arms.

The bottles are always warm, the Managers' a tornfaced tramp, the bogs stink and the TV has no sound.

But it's the shortest walk to the ground.

Oh the hibees are gay

Robbo's Definitely! The Bogs reek eh pish and the ques or long but The Stunning Barmaids make up for that, and the ques are less long when you get to stare at those model looking stunners!

Commander Harris

the diggers would be my usual matchday boozer, but I've not really sampled the others that much so maybe I should go on a wee tour this season. :)

Buffalo Bill

Robbo's seems to have the best atmosphere but I've never fancied waiting to get into a pub and likewise, I always used to find the Tynie Arms a difficult place to get served an hour either side of the game.

It's The Diggers for me, as no matter how busy it gets, the service is fantastic although I've never gone in for that warm floaty beer they're famous for! It's lager or Guinness for me. Plus that's where most of my mates are.

The Westfield is a place I like to occasionally pop in to, mostly to meet certain people as opposed to it being a wonderful pub. It's a huge place, but I seem to remember it being better in its Mr Qs days when it was my pre/post match local circa 2000/01.

Further out, I sometimes go into The Oak Inn to hang with my brother and the guys there. Great bunch of lads and the mini bus there is an awesome experience. :confused:

Buffalo Bill

ginger jambo98

The Westfield is a place I like to occasionally pop in to, mostly to meet certain people as opposed to it being a wonderful pub. It's a huge place, but I seem to remember it being better in its Mr Qs days when it was my pre/post match local circa 2000/01.

Further out, I sometimes go into The Oak Inn to hang with my brother and the guys there. Great bunch of lads and the mini bus there is an awesome experience. :confused:

Buffalo Bill

Westfield for me as I can get the 15 year old in no probs.

Oak is an experience that everyone should try. Big Bobby Bowie and his pals winding up the away support coming in and going home - quality !

the diggers would be my usual matchday boozer, but I've not really sampled the others that much so maybe I should go on a wee tour this season. :)

Dinnae mate.

Diggers has everything.

The rest are pash.

;-)

Buffalo Bill

Oak is an experience that everyone should try. Big Bobby Bowie and his pals winding up the away support coming in and going home - quality !

I've heard all about him. Seems a nasty sort, that one; although I believe his brother is quite good looking.

Buffalo Bill

Guest S.U.S.S.
Dinnae mate.

Diggers has everything.

The rest are pash.

;-)

Diggers, so named as thats what they are waiting on before moving the corpses that drink there to the graveyard.

Deffo Diggers. Nothing comes close to it !

Short changed in the Westfield

Robbos and Tynie stink of pee

Golden Rule ok ish

Took the words right out my mouth - thats about the same time i used to go in there pre and post match and it was definately a far better place in those days.

Era Macaroons

PRE MATCH ,I like to pop in to the Clerry Inn followed by the Rainbow/Centurian/ Harp and Oak.

Hop on a bus to Ryries after lunch at the Struan hotel but normally move on before away fans start showing up sprouting rubbish. Onto Dickins & Balmoral but the Queens never in and neithers Charles (I start to really miss the Clock Inn at this point) and see whos in the Ardmillan Hotel beer garden.

I pure walk RIGHT PAST the Caley Sample Rooms, you'll no catch me goan in there, to remind myself about that famous brown stuff at the Diggers and when I get to the Golden Rule I remember I'm going the wrong way.

About turn and double check that the 80 in Diggers is still OK (they still refuse to gie me a barrell for 80 shilling , false advertising if you ask me), before making a beeline to Robbo's to look at all his memorabilia again, every time I go in there I can niver remember what he put on the walls, Im sure he changes it every week, anyway, finally catch up with my pals in the Tynie arms for a good blether, we're no daft, closest boozer tae Tynie...thats where you'll find us.

3pm on the dot I make it to the game, on wi my yellow jacket, and down to business.....'Can you sit down please', 'Can you sit down please' , 'No standing in stairwell' ..Ill get that supervisers job yet.

POST MATCH

Tynie Arms of course, its the closest boozer tae Tynie ye knaw, beat the rush there and head along to Stratys for a house vodka before waiting on the train at the Station Tavern, that must be the worst service in Edinburgh, never caught it yet.

I normally give up and head down to Mr Qs to see if I can catch up with some kickbackers. Crivvins knows where they aw are?, Ahm always typing away on my laptop like crazy but never see anybody else using one. Next stop is the Wheatsheaf, I dont think they like me in there tho, they've not let me in for months, Im sure I can hear folk in the back but give up after an hour ,anyway, Im off to Luckys to check my lottery ticket, if this is where the lucky folk go they're no letting on.

"TAXI", better get home before I start getting bevvied.

So, Ill see Ye'all in the pub on Saturday then!

MON THE HEARTS.

PRE MATCH ,I like to pop in to the Clerry Inn followed by the Rainbow/Centurian/ Harp and Oak.

Hop on a bus to Ryries after lunch at the Struan hotel but normally move on before away fans start showing up sprouting rubbish. Onto Dickins & Balmoral but the Queens never in and neithers Charles (I start to really miss the Clock Inn at this point) and see whos in the Ardmillan Hotel beer garden.

I pure walk RIGHT PAST the Caley Sample Rooms, you'll no catch me goan in there, to remind myself about that famous brown stuff at the Diggers and when I get to the Golden Rule I remember I'm going the wrong way.

About turn and double check that the 80 in Diggers is still OK (they still refuse to gie me a barrell for 80 shilling , false advertising if you ask me), before making a beeline to Robbo's to look at all his memorabilia again, every time I go in there I can niver remember what he put on the walls, Im sure he changes it every week, anyway, finally catch up with my pals in the Tynie arms for a good blether, we're no daft, closest boozer tae Tynie...thats where you'll find us.

3pm on the dot I make it to the game, on wi my yellow jacket, and down to business.....'Can you sit down please', 'Can you sit down please' , 'No standing in stairwell' ..Ill get that supervisers job yet.

POST MATCH

Tynie Arms of course, its the closest boozer tae Tynie ye knaw, beat the rush there and head along to Stratys for a house vodka before waiting on the train at the Station Tavern, that must be the worst service in Edinburgh, never caught it yet.

I normally give up and head down to Mr Qs to see if I can catch up with some kickbackers. Crivvins knows where they aw are?, Ahm always typing away on my laptop like crazy but never see anybody else using one. Next stop is the Wheatsheaf, I dont think they like me in there tho, they've not let me in for months, Im sure I can hear folk in the back but give up after an hour ,anyway, Im off to Luckys to check my lottery ticket, if this is where the lucky folk go they're no letting on.

MON THE HEARTS.

Made me chuckle. Good post for an ink salesman.

;)

Buffalo Bill

POST MATCH

MON THE HEARTS.

No Chesser Inn?

What a lightweight :P

Buffalo Bill

Era Macaroons
Made me chuckle. Good post for an ink salesman.

;)

:)

Guess who's just started reading BB's book!! and its lashing down wi rain...slow day.

Is the Wheatsheaf finally getting renovated? Bit at the back has the roof off I think (from a quick glance). Was that deliberate? ;)

Era Macaroons
No Chesser Inn?

What a lightweight :P

Buffalo Bill

haha, I know theres loads I missed esp all the Shandon pubs.....will make a special journey this sat!

Suspect Device

probably the worst pub in Gorgie....Stratties...but

a chance to have a drink with my old man

- a large house whiskey

a seat right next to the (top) bar ;)

good company

cheap drink

a laugh and a joke (usually at the hobbits expense)

pleasent bar staff ;)

2 minutes walk to the Wheatfield stand (10 mins to que along the road though :confused:)

it might not be the best pub, but it'll do for me :)

:)

Guess who's just started reading BB's book!! and its lashing down wi rain...slow day.

Dono... Werner Burger?

and

Dont remind me about the rain.... got to walk home in the shight.

If you asked me about a year ago i'd have said Robbos without any hesitation. But Robbos seems to get worse as every week passes.

I still enjoy a pint in there but I prefer the Haymarket nowadays

Cambo_Jambo

As I'm back in Dundee doing student things again, it'll have to be my lounge. Getting Setanta this year and have my weekends off so I'll be punnishing my couch! Coincidently, what were the other TV packages that the SPL announced? Is there not extra coverage on some crazy gaelic channel on digital as well as somewhere else?

Appologies for taking us off topic there.

chester copperpot
If you asked me about a year ago i'd have said Robbos without any hesitation. But Robbos seems to get worse as every week passes.

I still enjoy a pint in there but I prefer the Haymarket nowadays

Never did I think you'd say such a gay comment like that.

Still drink in Westfields, but there's a rather loud knob that drinks there now that is putting off me and most my pals (better not mention him though, as he's my brother in law ;))

A wee jaunt back to Luckies for me this season, but with some post match banter in Robbo's after.

Everybody loves Baz

Anywhere with alcohol, But mostly in the Westfield.

chester copperpot
Anywhere with alcohol, But mostly in the Westfield.

At 14.45 for one quick half before rushing to the game. :rolleyes:

Westfield's is the Gorgie equivalent of CC Blooms. Fact. :P

Robertson's Bar is THE place to imbibe. ;)

Charlie-Brown

It used to be mostly clancy's in years gone by but nowadays the golden rule and the orwell.

Everybody loves Baz
At 14.45 for one quick half before rushing to the game. :rolleyes:

That's because i can't stand being in the same room as you for more than 15 minutes :o

chester copperpot
Westfield's is the Gorgie equivalent of CC Blooms. Fact. :P

Robertson's Bar is THE place to imbibe. ;)

I think if you ventured along to it post match days Mr T, you'd even be impressed with the rather fruitful songs that it has adopted.

Love the CC blooms comment, but so far off the mark. So far that we left last year as it was getting too rowdy and headed up to ................................................... wait for it................Robbo's.

But we're real fans in there. ;)

From Perth to Paisley
Went to the Sample Room for years till they turned it into a bistro. It's the Diggers for us now.

Same here

Persisted last year - but not this season.

Robbo's for me but i an not sure if i like the new barmaids(to slow) or the plastic tumblers.

Yeah always enjoy a pre-match drink in the Ardmillan Hotel beer garden.Within good walking distance to ground and friendly staff.

chester copperpot
Robbo's for me but i an not sure if i like the new barmaids(to slow) or the plastic tumblers.

Loving the avatar mate, not the plastic tumblers scenario though.

Bobby_swing_the_bar

Westfield is best, even though they had sofa's when i was in on Sunday. What is that all about?

chester copperpot
That's because i can't stand being in the same room as you for more than 15 minutes :o

Hmmmpf, thats a lie for a start.

Archived