The Velicka Incident

Magic Numbers

Magic Numbers

I didn't see tonight's Horse of the Year Show, featuring Kirk Broadarse & his accomplices, but I gather Mr V missed a rather simple chance?

Could the Velicka saga have been a cunning plan hatched by Vlad?

If not, I wonder what went through Vela's mind as he missed...

"Oh dear, I seem to have misjudged that one, oh well, ho hum, snigger snigger"

Or did he simply forget which team he was playing for/against?

Whichever way, absolutely f*kin class result.

Was playing 5s tonight just as the score came in, never seen such a subdued couple of Huns in all my days, made my night it did!!!

Mon the reserves!!!

Cheer Up Wattie Smith, Oh what can it mean etc etc etc...

:107years: and counting...

Jambof3tornado

I have no doubt that Velicka has scored easier goals,and also have no doubt that it will all be his fault that the Huns have gone out of europe before QOS,but it wasnt a complete sitter that your Granny could score.

One chance missed over 180minutes of football doesnt make an excuse,huns were crap ,kaunas we slightly less crap and won.

HOORAY!!!;)

Said when he came on that he'd miss a decent chance. One thing about Velicka is you know he needs two or three chances before he scores!

Said when he came on that he'd miss a decent chance. One thing about Velicka is you know he needs two or three chances before he scores!

Yeah but he does score though!

Only a Game

Ball took a bobble and he was leaning back. Poor technique, which to be fair, we have seen from him before in a Hearts jersey. Was never the best at converting the seemingly easy ones. If it had been 30 yards out he'd have burst the net with it.

monkfish1979
Yeah but he does score though!

true, but where are his 2 or 3 chances coming from in rankers 9-0-1 "Not the face! dinnae kick ma face!" formation?

Anyone else notice the dreadful dive by Broadfoot in the first half to win a free kick?

So blatant that I think the ref gave him the foul out of sympathy.

Good old BBC commentator never called it though - Scottish laddies don't do that sort of thing.

PS - good on wee Nacho Novo for jumping over the ball while standing at the post for the winner!!

The Wicker Man

The Kenny Miller fan club ( Sorry BBC pundits ) bit their tongue on the amount of crap play and squandered chances by Kenny Miller.

Velicka on for 5 minutes and gets sneered at for one wasted chance.

chester copperpot
Anyone else notice the dreadful dive by Broadfoot in the first half to win a free kick?

So blatant that I think the ref gave him the foul out of sympathy.

Good old BBC commentator never called it though - Scottish laddies don't do that sort of thing.

PS - good on wee Nacho Novo for jumping over the ball while standing at the post for the winner!!

Totally agree. I went mental when Broadfoot dived for the freekick. Nothing was said though, as he's a good honest Scottish pro. :rolleyes:

Velicka missing easy chances in important games was a feature of his time with us.

No great loss.

Charlie-Brown

They were all gash but in particular Dailly, Adam, McCulloch & Whittaker cost Rangers with their truly awful performances, their sloppy use of the ball and constantly conceding possession let Kaunas build up attacks & pressure that eventually resulted in the inevitable........Walter Smith's anti-football tactics didn't help either - totally negative and unimaginative invited a disaster - which they got and deserved.

Velicka missing easy chances in important games was a feature of his time with us.

No great loss.

Still can't believe that Rangers signed him. Surely they watched him in our games, it is not as if it was unknown for him to miss most of his chances, even in games against them!

He came on last night, one dive, 5 or 6 completely missed headers and a missed sitter. He doesn't look any fitter either.

Smith's record in the transfer market this time around verges on the unbelievably bad.

They were all gash but in particular Dailly, Adam, McCulloch & Whittaker cost Rangers with their truly awful performances, their sloppy use of the ball and constantly conceding possession let Kaunas build up attacks & pressure that eventually resulted in the inevitable........Walter Smith's anti-football tactics didn't help either - totally negative and unimaginative invited a disaster - which they got and deserved.

I cannot believe that he started without Miller/Boyd up front. And that he brought on Velicka well before Boyd. And that he played the likes of Dailly in central midfield - that ranks with us playing Karipidis and Zaliukas in centre midfield in our 'CL' games.

Still can't believe that Rangers signed him. Surely they watched him in our games, it is not as if it was unknown for him to miss most of his chances, even in games against them!

He came on last night, one dive, 5 or 6 completely missed headers and a missed sitter. He doesn't look any fitter either.

Smith's record in the transfer market this time around verges on the unbelievably bad.

Most hun fans I know were delighted to get him also. Words like "work-horse" and "deadly finisher" seem to be thrown about. I think most people must only have seen highlights of him on scotsport. He was ok, but no more. When we really needed him to find his finishing in the big games last season, he made a mess of it.

Charlie-Brown
I cannot believe that he started without Miller/Boyd up front. And that he brought on Velicka well before Boyd. And that he played the likes of Dailly in central midfield - that ranks with us playing Karipidis and Zaliukas in centre midfield in our 'CL' games.

Smith spent ?10M on players during the summer on players in positions he didn't need - only 1 of the 4 players deemed good enough to start last night - last season they scraped 2 scarcely deserved cup victories over Dundee Utd & Queen of the South - the UEFA Cup run appears to have been papering over the cracks and hiding a multitude of sins - without Cuellar and Ferguson they look little better than ordinary, Darcheville is their best all round striker followed by Cousin (when he can be bothered) but neither saw any action.

Smith spent ?10M on players during the summer on players in positions he didn't need - only 1 of the 4 players deemed good enough to start last night - last season they scraped 2 scarcely deserved cup victories over Dundee Utd & Queen of the South - the UEFA Cup run appears to have been papering over the cracks and hiding a multitude of sins - without Cuellar and Ferguson they look little better than ordinary, Darcheville is their best all round striker followed by Cousin (when he can be bothered) but neither saw any action.

Ferguson is obviously the big loss. They wouldn't have lost if he had been there.

But Smith's buys beggar belief.

Jam Tarts 1874

I like how the commentator described Velicka as the man "who once scored 7 goals on this ground", it was a very bad miss, Rangers paid ?1m for a dud.

Charlie-Brown
Ferguson is obviously the big loss. They wouldn't have lost if he had been there.

Given the direness of at least 5 of their team last night then maybe even Ferguson couldn't have saved them - Ferguson also played in a similar 'shock' exit to the mighty Viktoria Zizkov who included Ludek Straceny in their line up - that Rangers team was Klos; Ricksen, Moore, Amoruso, Numan; Ferguson, Arteta, Konterman; de Boer, Arveladze, Lovenkrands ..... which is far far superior to what they had on show yesterday.

They won't pay ?3-4M for Steven Davies who was an automatic first pick for them last season but paid the same for Kyle Lafferty who isn't expected to be a first pick this year :confused:

Kris Boyd is obviously perceived as a 'problem' player - Smith has repeatedly not played him and has a host of other strikers he plays (& signs) until he gets desparate for a goal - however given his tremendous goal scoring record you would expect a scramble to sign Boyd, with the money available in England there are easily 25-30 clubs in the Premiership & top end Championship who could afford him yet the only concrete bids have been from Cardiff and from McLeish at Birmingham who'd originally signed him for Rangers.

Given the direness of at least 5 of their team last night then maybe even Ferguson couldn't have saved them - Ferguson also played in a similar 'shock' exit to the mighty Viktoria Zizkov who included Ludek Straceny in their line up - that Rangers team was Klos; Ricksen, Moore, Amoruso, Numan; Ferguson, Arteta, Konterman; de Boer, Arveladze, Lovenkrands ..... which is far far superior to what they had on show yesterday.

They won't pay ?3-4M for Steven Davies who was an automatic first pick for them last season but paid the same for Kyle Lafferty who isn't expected to be a first pick this year :confused:

Kris Boyd is obviously perceived as a 'problem' player - Smith has repeatedly not played him and has a host of other strikers he plays (& signs) until he gets desparate for a goal - however given his tremendous goal scoring record you would expect a scramble to sign Boyd, with the money available in England there are easily 25-30 clubs in the Premiership & top end Championship who could afford him yet the only concrete bids have been from Cardiff and from McLeish at Birmingham who'd originally signed him for Rangers.

I am not sure it was just the personnel who were the problem in addition to McGregor and Velicka's mistakes. But the tempo that Rangers played at was playing into Kaunas' hands. They were so slow.

I liked Velicka at Hearts and thought he was a decent player. Just because he plays for the ****, I won't instantly change my mind on that.

He had only just came on and a bobbled pass came onto his lefy foot- probably still should have score.

It was similar to a chance he scored at Celtic park.

do you honestly belive? that Barry'MOM'Ferguson is without doubt one of the most overrated players in the history of Scottish football.

He was found out when he moved down south and had to move back up here toot-sweet to look good again

do you honestly belive? that Barry'MOM'Ferguson is without doubt one of the most overrated players in the history of Scottish football.

He was found out when he moved down south and had to move back up here toot-sweet to look good again

He carried them last season.

Just look at the game at Tynecastle when he started on the bench. Hopeless until he came on.

He carried them last season.

Just look at the game at Tynecastle when he started on the bench. Hopeless until he came on.

better if we agree to disagree on this one, never seen him change the course of a game, i honestly believe that if he wasn't playing for them or there other ****my cousins that he would get nowhere near the plaudits and ar3e licking that he does in the Scottish media

I blame the SPL!!! Imagine making Rangers play the opening game of the season 4 days after a grueling European match in Lithuania?!! :eek: Perhaps they should give rangers a 5 point start as a consolation? :rolleyes:

My Name is Earl...I mean Vlad...im goana undo all the bad things so Karma swings my way!

I blame the SPL!!! Imagine making Rangers play the opening game of the season 4 days after a grueling European match in Lithuania?!! :eek: Perhaps they should give rangers a 5 point start as a consolation? :rolleyes:

My Name is Earl...I mean Vlad...im goana undo all the bad things so Karma swings my way!

The best of that is i saw a text on setanta sports news from a rangers fan doing exactly that saying the SFA was to blame due to fixture congestion in MAY!!!!!!!!...you couldn't make it up

Archived