Exam Results the day

ZacBaker

Dr. Bapswent
I could have done 'Write a POP song'' instead.

Seriously?

And the tax payer pays for that?

vladtheexhaler
However, someone who has an Advanced higher D will most likely get in over someone who might just have a higher B for example. It's happened to a friend I know a couple of years back. Also my mates boyfriend works for the SQA and he was explaining it to me...

Ach blah blah....:wacko:

I better get back to work ;)

And rightly so as a 'D' in advanced higher is worth the same as an 'A' at higher.

Sounds similar to my experience back in the day of "doing" SYS (Sixth Year Studies).

We knew early on that places in Uni were sealed and we had the option of either taking the SYS seriously and getting top grades in exams that wouldn't be looked at for employment or playing it for laughs.

I chose option 2 - although it wasn't all pi55ing about. It was probably my best year of learning but this wasn't reflected in grades. Effectively, I studied what I wanted to and spoke to teachers about anything interesting rather than sticking to a curriculum. Obviously not targeted for the end of year exams but great, pressure-free learning. To me, it's evidence of the damage that an exam system could do to folk; they sacrifice the joy of learning for the fear of failing.

I had my place sealed after 5th year, so took 3 advanced highers. I essentially chose option 2 as well, so I dont have any advanced highers. No biggy IMO. Was only an exam. The stuff I learned during that year has helped me since so it was worthwhile IMO.

ha ha ha

Brilliant stuff.

So you can say things like.

I got 5 A's and 2 B's

Might sound impressive huh.

But that can include an A in photography and other mickey mouse subjects?

I do appreciate teaching these subjects in school, i think its a good thing.

But while kids have less and less manners, more and more attitude and no respect for society these days, i think these are the things that should be taught, and not photography.

Kids these days can barely speak English properly jeez.

Dont even know if they did photography in my school, or anything funky like that tbh.

And I got 2 A's, 2 B's, and 1 C. :P

you do your standard grades in 4th year!!

Sorry, yeah moved moved into 5th year now did them at end of 4th year - should have explained more!

Hughesie, Photography is a piece of ****. It's a very simple process to develop pictures and only requires you to basically remember how long you leave said photograph in the resolution for.

Hughesie, Photography is a piece of ****. It's a very simple process to develop pictures and only requires you to basically remember how long you leave said photograph in the resolution for.

Toggie, did you pass your standard grade business studies? If so, I assume it's because they didn't ask you to list 100 "leading companies in Scotland". ;)

Listen I got an A at Int 2 which is one step below Higher. I'm bloody good ;)how did your brother do? Or has he left school?

BTW, I was being serious about the POP song jazz.

Dont even know if they did photography in my school, or anything funky like that tbh.

And I got 2 A's, 2 B's, and 1 C. :P

Me either...we weren't even allowed to do drama at exam level and I had to fight like mad to get them to let me change from higher maths to taking an extra language instead.

Funky subjects didn't exist until I got to Uni...wine tasting being the best example of that...

Dr. Bapswent
Me either...we weren't even allowed to do drama at exam level and I had to fight like mad to get them to let me change from higher maths to taking an extra language instead.

Funky subjects didn't exist until I got to Uni...wine tasting being the best example of that...

You still 'study' to this day, so i see.

Anyone else had to wait on these coming through?

Scariest thing ever

All worked out okey, got three A's and two B's ;)

Well done Zac, next time you play fitba' on Thursday night I will give you kick in congratulations

KateSpow8191

Got my results yesterday:

Higher Childcare: A

Higher Psychology: B

Higher English: B

Off 2 Uni in september now :)

Got my results yesterday:

Higher Childcare: A

Higher Psychology: B

Higher English: B

Off 2 Uni in september now :)

:eek: