Refs on strike?

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

Dont know if this is posted elsewhere. I heard tonight that Scottish refs and linesmen are intending to strike this weekend, something to do with money. First I have heard, anyone else heard this or is it pash?

Dont know if this is posted elsewhere. I heard tonight that Scottish refs and linesmen are intending to strike this weekend, something to do with money. First I have heard, anyone else heard this or is it pash?

No problem, we'll just get one sub from each team to referee each half. That's how we used to do it anyway...

Good chance to get some decent foreign refs in and get those clueless, bent Scottish ones TF.

Narrative Arc

They want about a grand a game. Would taht not earn them about 40.000 a season. a bit much for a part time job is it not? who on here would do a part time job for half that? i would though i'm skint.

Miller Jambo 60
Good chance to get some decent foreign refs in and get those clueless, bent Scottish ones TF.

Just what i was thinking .

They having a laugh.

Worse Refs in the world

1000 pounds a game more like 50 cheating OF lovers

joe.gausden

maybe they'll just do old firm games to make sure their paymasters get ahead on points from the off.

markletissier

think of that in pitch time, its just over a eleven quid a minute. what makes them think they deserve it? poor performers in any other profession would be hastily disposed of but for some reason this guys get the idea they're worth getting paid this.

alwaysthereinspirit
No problem, we'll just get one sub from each team to referee each half. That's how we used to do it anyway...

What chance the subs support one of the OF teams. We'll be back where we started. ;)

sandylejambo

if they go on strike there wont be as many mistakes than if we just play without one, like we do up the meadows

Seemingly they were offered ?800 but have rejected the offer, but surely the OF will top up that to over ?1000 cause I thought they were already on there books.:P or was it cash in hand for Major decisions goes the OF way they must be makin a mint.

Seemingly they were offered ?800 but have rejected the offer, but surely the OF will top up that to over ?1000 cause I thought they were already on there books.:P or was it cash in hand for Major decisions goes the OF way they must be makin a mint.

The OF, through their fans, work on the refs through fear and intimidation rather than on incentives. Seems to work fine for them.

So the 5% admin charge is to cover the ref's ?200 top-up.

Francis Albert
What chance the subs support one of the OF teams. We'll be back where we started. ;)

But ?1000 quid a game better off.

Interesting that this weekends refereeing appointments for the SPL have not been post on the SFA website so far. This was usually done on a Monday last season. Maybe there is something in this after all!!!!

rumbles1874

the sfa will give in and by wed they will have there cash and we will get to go on with the season with these OF ****'s spoiling our game has they have done for years i take it if they strike the games will be called off

jamtartsandbees
That figure is what officials in the higher reaches of English football can make, but, last season, top whack in Scotland was ?575 per game and the chances of a ?400-plus rise look slim.

Watch a dozen EPL games then watch a dozen of ours and tell me the quality is comparative.

?1K a game, presumably that's just for SPL games, you wouldn't be getting that for running the line at Firs Park on a Wednesday night in font of two dozen committed fans/loonies.

They're 'managing' players who're getting paid many times more, some 30, maybe 40 times more with bonuses etc. They're making decisions under intense pressure, scrutinised by many thousands, even hundreds of thousands of people for days on end, decisions which can be worth many millions of pounds.

I think that the pressure that refs are put under is immense, I wouldn't want to do their job, for any money. It just wouldn't be worth it.

Bearing that in mind it kind of explains why we get such ****wits doing the job in the first place. Corrupt, idiotic, despicable, ****wits.

Surely they do it for the love of the game anyway?

Not a shred of integrity amongst them, my last hope for that went out with McCurry.

silent assassin
?1K a game, presumably that's just for SPL games, you wouldn't be getting that for running the line at Firs Park on a Wednesday night in font of two dozen committed fans/loonies.

They're 'managing' players who're getting paid many times more, some 30, maybe 40 times more with bonuses etc. They're making decisions under intense pressure, scrutinised by many thousands, even hundreds of thousands of people for days on end, decisions which can be worth many millions of pounds.

I think that the pressure that refs are put under is immense, I wouldn't want to do their job, for any money. It just wouldn't be worth it.

Bearing that in mind it kind of explains why we get such ****wits doing the job in the first place. Corrupt, idiotic, despicable, ****wits.

Surely they do it for the love of the game anyway?

Not a shred of integrity amongst them, my last hope for that went out with McCurry.

your surely havin a laugh presure ha ha.i am a site manager controling sites in the excess of 10 million pounds under constant presure to meet deadlines and wok to the bugets,working 10-12 hours a day on half that a week no for 2-3 hours on a saturday afternoon.greetin faced useless tossers.

p.s. hope they do go on strike that can be rankgers exscuse for fixtures back up this season.see what gordon smith has to say about this one.the refs will probably wait till thursday to make any decissions depending on the huns result

IF they do strike, I'm sure they'll have abandoned the picket lines by the time we play the huns on the 16th :(

The SFA should take a leaf out of most teams' books and put the refs on performance related pay. They should be open to scrutiny and be assessed on each performance by an independent body. ?1000 top line, with ?100 chopped off for every decision which is later proved to be wrong.

Carl Spackler
If want about 40 grand a year. make them go full time.

If this is true of course but yes they should be fully professional and everything that goes with it.

I hope each and every one of the weegie corrupt *****ers choke on it!

The financial set up of football is fecked, players earning 30k a week in scotland and refs earning a few hundred. Would rather have pro refs than not tbh.

The fact that they are part timers means they can get away with more mistakes imo.

scots civil war
The SFA should take a leaf out of most teams' books and put the refs on performance related pay. They should be open to scrutiny and be assessed on each performance by an independent body. ?1000 top line, with ?100 chopped off for every decision which is later proved to be wrong.

nail head etc,the *******s must become accountable......

top idea

Narrative Arc
If this is true of course but yes they should be fully professional and everything that goes with it.

If it was offered in the jobcentre. would you ref fulltime for 40 grand a season.. i would but i would get sacked after the first Hearts game i refereed. come on 0-0 Ibrox , 2 mins to go and Miko takes a dive. Telling me you wouldn't give it? i would just to annoy them.

Carl Spackler
If it was offered in the jobcentre. would you ref fulltime for 40 grand a season.. i would but i would get sacked after the first Hearts game i refereed. come on 0-0 Ibrox , 2 mins to go and Miko takes a dive. Telling me you wouldn't give it? i would just to annoy them.

Personally I wouldn't for ?40k a season but given that's seriously in excess of the average wage I think you would find an awful lot of people prepared to. There's more than enough money in the game to set the whole business of refereering football up as a fully professional concern.

As for the business of refereeing your "own" club's matches that could be avoided through full disclosure. If refereeing performances were being properly scrutinised bias would be identified.

Harry Palmer

As someone has already alluded to...

The OF want 5% handling fee; refs want more money... if they were any good then fine but they're not so not fine.

What have they done to DESERVE a raise? The standard of referees has went DOWN yet they want more money? How does that work?

If they want to strike then fine. Get in English refs and pay them ?1k a week.

Bet the Scottish refs are back at work as soon as the OF don't get their usual decisions - the OF and the SFA will make sure they are.

Narrative Arc
I've heard that the OF want 5% of that ?1,000 a week................

and 90% of all decisions they make. seems fair enough.

Archived