Could someone please tell me what is wrong with this statement

vegas-voss

Is this what posters on this site are getting all worked up about.Because the guy speaks perfect sense to me.

"The transfer window is open and maybe we can do something but the most important for me personally is to work with the players we have," said Laszlo.

"If you would like to have a striker with killer instinct you must have around ?2-3million in your pocket.

"At the moment, this is not my attention and I don't think this is the best solution.

"We can look for Luca Toni, this is a player who has this instinct, but I don't think it's possible for us to bring Luca Toni here.

"It's possible to work with the players here and maybe to build a scouting system which can discover a new Luca Toni.

"We must have a leading striker who can lead this team and who can score.

"These players have played over two weeks with me and I try with these players. If we have the possibility to take a player then we must do this but everybody must know I am not a coach who knows the owner puts money on the table and I go and take a player. No, definitely not. We must be very careful.

"We have Christian Nade, we have Jamie Mole. We must give confidence to these players. If you talk all the time about new strikers, then how can you explain to your strikers who will think all the time they are bad and that I want a new one?"

Meanwhile, Laszlo has praised the discipline his side showed in picking up their second win of the pre-season programme.

"The team spirit and discipline was there. The fitness was very high and this is the most important thing."

Is this what posters on this site are getting all worked up about.Because the guy speaks perfect sense to me.

"The transfer window is open and maybe we can do something but the most important for me personally is to work with the players we have," said Laszlo.

"If you would like to have a striker with killer instinct you must have around ?2-3million in your pocket.

"At the moment, this is not my attention and I don't think this is the best solution.

"We can look for Luca Toni, this is a player who has this instinct, but I don't think it's possible for us to bring Luca Toni here.

"It's possible to work with the players here and maybe to build a scouting system which can discover a new Luca Toni.

"These players have played over two weeks with me and I try with these players. If we have the possibility to take a player then we must do this but everybody must know I am not a coach who knows the owner puts money on the table and I go and take a player. No, definitely not. We must be very careful.

"We have Christian Nade, we have Jamie Mole. We must give confidence to these players. If you talk all the time about new strikers, then how can you explain to your strikers who will think all the time they are bad and that I want a new one?"

Meanwhile, Laszlo has praised the discipline his side showed in picking up their second win of the pre-season programme.

"The team spirit and discipline was there. The fitness was very high and this is the most important thing."

The problem is that he appears to give only two choices - buy a Luca Toni or develop what we've got already, and then adds that only one of these choices is possible financially. One, it shows we're hamstrung financially (and these days if you haven't got the money behind you, hello mediocrity) and it ignores the grey area in between i.e. getting someone in who is not a Luca Toni but who can do the job here in the SPL.

Sounds to me like he is asking Vlad to look at strikers, and maybe find him one that doesn't cost the earth. It appears obvious to me the Csaba doesn't pick the potential purchases, and wants Vlad to by him someone, but he doesn't know how long that will take, so is making do with what he has, and is hoping Nade gets fit soon.

If "what we have already" turn out to be the next Luca Toni, then there will be nothing at all wrong with that statement.

If "what we have already" continue to be the current Clum's...... then that statement doesnt pack such a punch.

Time will tell

That is what is fundimentally (sp?) wrong. He KNOWS we need a striker, He also MUST know that the fat waste of space Nade is not the answer, neither IMO, is Mole. We need a Striker who can lead, one that can score goals week in week out, We're not going to get that from Kaunas,SO, we HAVE to pay the going rate,Or are we kidding ourselves on about getting into Europe and improving from last season??? :(

The thing is, after the start Hearts made in their first eight games under Burley that season, the expectation levels of Hearts supporters will just never be the same again.

Pre-Burley there would have been nothing wrong with Csaba's statements at all.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
What exactly did Czaba and Vlad speak about in Germany?

Playstation 3 vs Nintendo Wi. Vlad was trying to decide which one to go for.

The thing is, after the start Hearts made in their first eight games under Burley that season, the expectation levels of Hearts supporters will just never be the same again.

Pre-Burley there would have been nothing wrong with Csaba's statements at all.

Nope. Most of us are realistic. We never believed that we would be winning European competitions within a few years. We wallowed in the Burley run knowing that there was no way it would last, but loving it all the same and hoping it represented a new era of being able to stand up to the OF on a regular basis. Pre-Burley, given our current situation, Csaba's statements would have had the same reactions. We wanted to do well in the SPL then, we still want to do so now.

Say What Again

That doesn't look promising for Makela

Maroon Mayhem

I'm glad we're finally starting to show some financial prudence.

Nobody has said we're not looking to sign a striker, we're just not going to pay millions for one.

Francis Albert

I think he is saying we can't afford to pay ?2-3m for a player and even if we did their is no guarantee that he would do the trick - a lot of ?2-3m players are flops. Hearts have NEVER been in that league anyway. I think he hasn't found a striker who is value for money. In three weeks it would be surprising if he had, given the rarity of such animals. Glad we are not throwing money around (remember the squeals of anguish when the debt was heading for ?40m?)

colinmaroon

And I'm sure that he held his breath just before he said it!!!

As we all know, that's a sure sign of him being a lackey!!!

And do you see that he blinked too fast as well?

What a b****y bunch of choobs we are!!!

It's the end of the world, I tell you!!!

Repent and convert to BroxPoxianism or you're all lost!!!

Ach, I'm away to read the Massacre of the Innocents! It's much cheerier than reading the skoobala on JKB!!!

Ach, I'm away to read the Massacre of the Innocents! It's much cheerier than reading the skoobala on JKB!!!

And Today's Drama Queen Award goes to....................:dramaqueen:

The Real Maroonblood
I think he is saying we can't afford to pay ?2-3m for a player and even if we did their is no guarantee that he would do the trick - a lot of ?2-3m players are flops. Hearts have NEVER been in that league anyway. I think he hasn't found a striker who is value for money. In three weeks it would be surprising if he had, given the rarity of such animals. Glad we are not throwing money around (remember the squeals of anguish when the debt was heading for ?40m?)

DR wouldn't cost anywhere near that.

Auld Reekin'

Hmmm... interesting use of the word "we" in that sentence (particularly when it is clear that you are exclude yourself from that description and really mean "you"). Still, I suppose it's because you don't want to be thought of as "preaching" to those on here who don't share your views - fair enough.

:rolleyes:

The reasons for the current levels of scepticism about quite a few of Laszlo's statements are historical in nature: we have been lied to and misled by Romanov so many times and Laszlo has yet to prove to us that he is not just another "yes man" or Romanov lackey. I personally don't think he is, and that he will do a good job for Hearts if he is allowed to do his job unhindered.

However, he does seem to have backtracked on quite a few of his earlier statements, so it seems a strong possibility - at the very least - that the harsh realities of the head-coach's job at Hearts have only been made evident to him within the past couple of weeks.

At any rate, without an experienced, goal-scoring, centre-forward (and, ideally, some strengthening of the defence) mid table mediocrity would seem to be the best we can hope for.

Francis Albert
DR wouldn't cost anywhere near that.

Knowing Celtic I wouldn't be so sure .. but you are probably right and his is one of the few names that would be worth a ?500k or ?750k punt (IMO). But it is still a matter of judgement - how much damage has his period at Parkhead done to what was at one time one of Scotland's most promising players?

Knowing Celtic I wouldn't be so sure .. but you are probably right and his is one of the few names that would be worth a ?500k or ?750k punt (IMO). But it is still a matter of judgement - how much damage has his period at Parkhead done to what was at one time one of Scotland's most promising players?

Not sure, but there is a big difference to hanging about outside chippys in glasgow than in sunny leith. Maybe he was being bullied.

[/b]

Not sure, but there is a big difference to hanging about outside chippys in glasgow than in sunny leith. Maybe he was being bullied.

There is a big difference. They don't do BROON sauce in the weege

At any rate, without an experienced, goal-scoring, centre-forward (and, ideally, some strengthening of the defence) mid table mediocrity would seem to be the best we can hope for.

Correct

I'm broadly positive about Csaba and his start, whilst remaining concerned that he may face difficult behind the scenes control issues.

However some people seem to be taking the back Vlad at all costs mantra too far.

There appears to be a movement, for example, that we should simply rely on the current squad to be coached better and rely upon youths to fill gaps / add enthusiasm and possible improvement.

What absolute nonsense

Never, if at all, in our history have we been unable to improve or add to our squad in positions (or at least some positions) requiring new blood in a close season

Even as we cut costs rapidly under Levein we adjusted our sites on markets where we might get players to improve the team. Granted not every signing worked, but I'd guess our hit rate was just as effective with cheaper players as it has been with Romanov's gold plated "stars" in the last 3 years.

For example even someone as basic and limited as Lovell would probably improve our strikeforce.

In any other era at Hearts nearly everyone would be in agreement that we needed to improve our forward department, and it wouldnt take much money to do so.

I'd guess that there would be a striker at every bottom 6 team in the SPL (never mind teams such as Motherwell and United where players would in the past have jumped at the chance of moving on to Hearts) and most 1st division teams that would improve our team.

I cant think of any other fans who would say - look, our players just need coached better, and we should throw in a few teenagers for problematic positions. Possibly non-league teams

I'm glad we're finally starting to show some financial prudence.

Nobody has said we're not looking to sign a striker, we're just not going to pay millions for one.

This is a good point. Although I'd like us to make a couple of signings it is actually a positive thing that we're not just throwing money to bring in a striker to keep the fans happy, like we did with Makela or Nade on big wages.

I get the impression that Csaba is determined not to bring in players unless he is convinced that a) they will improve the squad and B) they represent value for money. That has to be a good thing.

Riddley Walker
This is a good point. Although I'd like us to make a couple of signings it is actually a positive thing that we're not just throwing money to bring in a striker to keep the fans happy, like we did with Makela or Nade on big wages.

I get the impression that Csaba is determined not to bring in players unless he is convinced that a) they will improve the squad and B) they represent value for money. That has to be a good thing.

correct

Auld Reekin'

I would agree, as long as it is he - in discussion with whoever he likes, as long as he has the final say - that is deciding this. I'm not at all sure that it is.

Obviously, Romanov holds the purse-strings and determines how much, if any, is available to bring new players in and appropriate targets are pursued accordingly, but I've seen enough "Romanov signings" and low quality Kaunas loanees to do me several lifetimes.

Archived