nae money in the biscuit tin

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Laszlo demands 'killer instinct'

Audrius Ksanavicius scores against Hull

Ksanavicius headed in Hearts' winner against Hull

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo is well aware his side lack a lethal finisher but admits he does not have the funds to buy in a top striker.

"I'm not so happy about one thing - if we create a chance we must take the chance," he said after a 1-0 friendly victory over English Premier side Hull.

Audrius Ksanavicius headed the only goal of the game for but Laszlo knows his side are lacking quality in attack.

"We need a killer instinct. But if we win 1-0 every game I'm happy," he said.

Laszlo started with Jamie Mole up front and Ksanavicius behind him as he enjoyed a winning Tynecastle debut ahead of Saturday's Scottish Premier League kick-off.

We need a killer instinct. But if we win 1-0 every game I'll be happy

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo

But the Hungarian was not content despite the triumph.

"I'm unhappy we lost the ball on the offence too early," he said.

"We have some problem with ball control - we make everything too hurried.":rolleyes:

Laszlo is awaiting a work permit for David Obua to make the Uganda midfielder his first signing, but he does not expect a new forward to come in before Motherwell visit Tynecastle on Saturday.

"If we would like to have a striker with the killer instinct, we must have two or three million euros. I don't think this is the best solution," said the Hearts boss.:rolleyes:

"We can look for Luca Toni, but I don't think it's possible to bring Luca Toni here. It's possible to work with players and build a scouting system to find a new Luca Toni.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

An impressive show from Hearts, we looked fit, sharp, committed and organised

"Maybe we can do something in the transfer window, but the most important thing is for me to work with the players we have.

"We must give confidence to the players rather than talk about new strikers:rolleyes:

so can some confidence turn a average striker into a quality striker then.:confused::dribble:

Dirk Diggler

On today's evidence,this is spot on....

"We have some problem with ball control - we make everything too hurried."

Miller Jambo 60
Laszlo demands 'killer instinct'

Audrius Ksanavicius scores against Hull

Ksanavicius headed in Hearts' winner against Hull

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo is well aware his side lack a lethal finisher but admits he does not have the funds to buy in a top striker.

"I'm not so happy about one thing - if we create a chance we must take the chance," he said after a 1-0 friendly victory over English Premier side Hull.

Audrius Ksanavicius headed the only goal of the game for but Laszlo knows his side are lacking quality in attack.

"We need a killer instinct. But if we win 1-0 every game I'm happy," he said.

Laszlo started with Jamie Mole up front and Ksanavicius behind him as he enjoyed a winning Tynecastle debut ahead of Saturday's Scottish Premier League kick-off.

We need a killer instinct. But if we win 1-0 every game I'll be happy

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo

But the Hungarian was not content despite the triumph.

"I'm unhappy we lost the ball on the offence too early," he said.

"We have some problem with ball control - we make everything too hurried.":rolleyes:

Laszlo is awaiting a work permit for David Obua to make the Uganda midfielder his first signing, but he does not expect a new forward to come in before Motherwell visit Tynecastle on Saturday.

"If we would like to have a striker with the killer instinct, we must have two or three million euros. I don't think this is the best solution," said the Hearts boss.:rolleyes:

"We can look for Luca Toni, but I don't think it's possible to bring Luca Toni here. It's possible to work with players and build a scouting system to find a new Luca Toni.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

An impressive show from Hearts, we looked fit, sharp, committed and organised

"Maybe we can do something in the transfer window, but the most important thing is for me to work with the players we have.

"We must give confidence to the players rather than talk about new strikers:rolleyes:

so can some confidence turn a average striker into a quality striker then.:confused::dribble:

Sign me 2 good pegs and a jambo attitude

I'm still looking for the nae money in the biscuit tin quote:cool:

This will be the bit here then?

Guest jambomickey

the time to judge things is when the transfer window shuts at the end of this month! if we don't sign 2 or 3 players i'd be shocked but i do expect us to make signings

Frankenstein Jambo.

Ramanov has plenty money in the fecking biscuit tin. he's just being a greed bastwerd and keeping it all to himself....three million euros is pocket money to him

Gigolo-Aunt

Not sure any Hearts fan expected us to spend 2-3 million Euros on a striker.

If he said he requested 1million and was refused - would be more worried at that.

Gigolo-Aunt
Ramanov has plenty money in the fecking biscuit tin. he's just being a greed bastwerd and keeping it all to himself....three million euros is pocket money to him

Not much point spending money the club does not have, thats how we got in this mess in the first place.

davemclaren

I don't think we need to spend that on a striker. A few hundred grand might get us someone who is an improvement on what we currently have imo. However, if we have no money then we either wheel and deal or try and develop what we have...as the man says. :)

Guest jambomickey
Not much point spending money the club does not have, thats how we got in this mess in the first place.

spot on mate! we need to live within our means, we need 2 or 3 signings and look within to promote the youths

working with what we have up front wont do. you cant make a silk purse from a sows ear. endeavour and passion only takes you so far, mole is the example of this. and i also dont think csaba said anything relating to having little money for a striker, unless i misheard.

Nucky Thompson

Quote mate, quote:) Look at what Csaba said;) Where did he say there was no money? You're quoting the Journalist:)

Dirk Diggler

:confused:

:sad:

Gigolo-Aunt
Let's just say hypothetically he had ?3m to spend.

Is it wise to blow it all on a striker?

Not unless the rest of the squad was tickity boo.

It aint though (yet)

Dirk Diggler
Let's just say hypothetically he had €3m to spend.

I doubt he's got €300,000 to spend if i'm being honest.

Loan deals and out of contract players are all I expect to see for the next few years.

I think it is an absolute joke and a farce that VR will not sanction enough money to bring Luca Toni to Tynecastle.

VLAD OUT!!!

Ryan Gosling
I doubt he's got ?300,000 to spend if i'm being honest.

Loan deals and out of contract players are all I expect to see for the next few years.

There's money there, don't worry.

Guest jambomickey
Let's just say hypothetically he had ?3m to spend.

our record signing is beslija and i can't see that record broken for some time! nor should it be broken because we need to live within our means

Dirk Diggler
There's money there, don't worry.

I'm not worried.

Bet you we don't spend a transfer fee on anyone before August 31st 2008.

:)

Gigolo-Aunt
I doubt he's got ?300,000 to spend if i'm being honest.

Loan with a fixed price agreed would probably suit Hearts down to the ground.

Nucky Thompson
I think it is an absolute joke and a farce that VR will not sanction enough money to bring Luca Toni to Tynecastle.

VLAD OUT!!!

So do I:rolleyes: That might just be enough for me to get the furry hats out:kickhat:

Could just be sending out a message to agents/other clubs, letting them know that there's not a bottomless pit of transfer funds available, so don't hike the price up when Hearts come calling. Everyone knows Chelski get charged over the odds every time, because everyone knows how much money they have. This could be a smart way of trying to avoid the same situation.

All we're needing is a Lee Miller kinda player (from 3/4 years ago). I don't think we paid anything for him and he wouldn't have been on an outrageous salary.

He would have scored that first Audrey chance today - for sure.

Ryan Gosling
I'm not worried.

Bet you we don't spend a transfer fee on anyone before August 31st 2008.

Publicly or 'undisclosed fee' ?

Guest jambomickey
Could just be sending out a message to agents/other clubs, letting them know that there's not a bottomless pit of transfer funds available, so don't hike the price up when Hearts come calling. Everyone knows Chelski get charged over the odds every time, because everyone knows how much money they have. This could be a smart way of trying to avoid the same situation.

agree with that mate! we made that mistake in the past both with the s.m.g money and romanov himself and as soon as we wanted a player clubs and agents wanted more

Dirk Diggler
Publicly or 'undisclosed fee' ?

Either.

Loser has a H*bs badge as their Avatar for the whole of September?

?10m warchest. Vlad told me so.

Y'know, I would love it if VR actually had a war chest. I can imagine him reaching an arm down, grabbing some gold and nonchalantly dumping it on the table:)

Ryan Gosling
Either.

Loser has a H*bs badge as their Avatar for the whole of September?

Ooh good one.

Ok - what if the EEN or other press report a fee but Hearts just say ' has signed on a....' ?

Exactly.

What sort of wage will a one million pound striker be looking for?

?15,000 to ?20,000 a week?

Guest Maroon Carpet

All the talk lately has been who we are going to sign, now with only a week before we play Motherwell it's all about nae money in the biscuit tin, so is it that we will have to make do with what we have.

Good result today, well done lads.

Dirk Diggler
Ooh good one.

Ok - what if the EEN or other press report a fee but Hearts just say ' has signed on a....' ?

Any report.

Pants Shaton

We don't need to spend ?2m on a striker.

Lee Miller banged the goals in for us before he got greedy and followed the money to Dundee United.

We really need 3-4 improvements in the starting XI or we'll really struggle.

STOP PRESS:

I have it on good authority that some potentially multi-million pound players will be coming over from the former soviet republic of Lithuania next week in a move that will shock Scottish football.

rumbles1874
STOP PRESS:

I have it on good authority that some potentially multi-million pound players will be coming over from the former soviet republic of Lithuania next week in a move that will shock Scottish football.

name dont leave just guessing or is your source vlad and we need up more players wh can't finish

On today's evidence,this is spot on....

"We have some problem with ball control - we make everything too hurried."

That's Scottish football mate you can't just knock that out of the players in 2 weeks but as long as they persist and the fans don't knock the confidence out the players at the slightest mistake it will come.

Dirk Diggler
STOP PRESS:

:rofl:

:rolleyes:

:sad:

Its quite obvious from VR's actions over the last 2 years we won't be spending a penny this transfer window. Not a single bean. VR doesn't want to spend ANY of his money on Hearts. He will only part with cash should he be confident it is matched on any income.

The idea of VR spending/pouring money into Hearts is a myth.

Nucky Thompson
STOP PRESS:

Can I give this one it tight Mods? Surely no infractions;)

Its quite obvious from VR's actions over the last 2 years we won't be spending a penny this transfer window. Not a single bean. VR doesn't want to spend ANY of his money on Hearts. He will only part with cash should he be confident it is matched on any income.

The idea of VR spending/pouring money into Hearts is a myth.

No doubt about it. Signature's from the horse's mouth...or maybe ass. :sad:

Miller Jambo 60
I don't think we need to spend that on a striker. A few hundred grand might get us someone who is an improvement on what we currently have imo. However, if we have no money then we either wheel and deal or try and develop what we have...as the man says. :)

Whats the Euro pash cant see them in scotland

Dirk Diggler
No doubt about it. Signature's from the horse's mouth...or maybe ass. :sad:

“I will sew up my pockets so nobody can take any money from me”

Apart from, to name but a few, Makela, Besliga, Neilson, Goncalves, Cervenkov, and Korobochka obviously.

:rolleyes:

We got ?2.3M for Bednar.

Surely to feck we can spare Csaba a few quid for a new striker to replace the one Kaunas sold for sweeties in February ?

Archived