Andy Murray 1st Masters series final (merged threads)

comradejambo

loveofthegame
Whats happening. I cant watch it on Tv so rely on your updates.

Murray 7-6, 5-4 up. Great match so far.

He was just serving for the Championship at 5-3 but after a massive game lost it. Gutted. He had 4 match points over the course of that last game. Djokovic played it like he had nothing to lose, hit some great shots and won.

Very interesting match, could still go either way as even though Murrays been better you never know what will happen with him.

Nucky Thompson
Whats happening. I cant watch it on Tv so rely on your updates.
Murray was serving for the Championship but lost his serve.

Carl Spackler

What channel is the match on?

EDIT - Sky Sports Extra (Channel 404)

Holy **** he's just won!

How come only two sets? Are there other mens tournaments like this?

only the slams are 5 set matches.

I disagree mate. He is ramming up all those snotty tennis club chavs that are waiting on the first English winner since Fred Perry:) He's only a plastic Hobo anyway:)

Exactly.

He's a Barca fan, bet he was pishing himself as much as we all were last week.

;)

Nucky Thompson
Exactly.

He's a Barca fan, bet he was pishing himself as much as we all were last week.

;)

:D

I P Knightley
Ya beauty. What a match. Finally proved he can win in the major events. Next the US Open... ?!

First the Olympics!

BBC Sport homepage chooses to headline with something about some cricketer who's not very good and has just admitted the fact. R Souls.

Say What Again
I never started the thread in the terrace and am sure it'll be moved.

Yeah, you told me :wacko:

Didn't say you did start the thread :wacko:

I questioned if it should be in the Terrace - which we're now agreed it shouldn't have been. We're also, for some reason, now agreed that you didn't start the thread :mw_confused:

So we've established that you 'give a fudge' about tennis (in the Terrace), and the thread should be in the Shed, and that you didn't start it.

OK, I think I've got all of that. :wacko:

I P Knightley
Brokeback, mountain still to climb though. Obviously a true Hobo afterall.;)

Quality stuff.

With all this thread-merging, I nearly missed that. :D

Great result for Murray, he's been on top form since the start of Wimbledon. The win over Djokovic last week was a huge factor in today's match and he showed a hell of a lot of bottle to close it out in the end, despite losing these match points when he served for it.

I can see him ending the year at four in the world and he could do really well at the US Open. The only problem is he might be knackered with all these matches, plus the trip back and forward to the Olympics.

Nucky Thompson
Great result for Murray, he's been on top form since the start of Wimbledon. The win over Djokovic last week was a huge factor in today's match and he showed a hell of a lot of bottle to close it out in the end, despite losing these match points when he served for it.

I can see him ending the year at four in the world and he could do really well at the US Open. The only problem is he might be knackered with all these matches, plus the trip back and forward to the Olympics.

Agreed. I think he could beat any player in the world except Nadal:cool:

I P Knightley
HE doesnt half look happy, does he? ;) Cheer up a bit mate, youve one ur 1st major tournament!

And a fair few quid into the bargain.

No matter how many tournies or millions he wins, he'll always know that he made a mistake for life when he sided with the smellies down Leith.

And a fair few quid into the bargain.

No matter how many tournies or millions he wins, he'll always know that he made a mistake for life when he sided with the smellies down Leith.

Give the laddie a break - his grandad play for the Hibees, so fair enough, they are who he chooses to support. It could be worse, he could be a Hun or a Tattie Muncher.

Scottish sport is doing not too badly at the moment. In addition to Andy Murray we've got a substantial proportion of the Olypmic swimming team, some of whom could medal, including Kirsty Balfour, Kris Gilchrist, Gregor Tait, Robbie Renwick, Hanah Miley and David Carry. We've got one of the best cylists in the world in Chris Hoy (a Jambo) who has a chance of picking up 3 Golds. The British canoe slalom team is 100% Scottish and has a great chance of medals. Kathy Grainger is a favourite to pick up Gold in her rowing event.

Add to that we have the current CART champion, Dario Franchitti from Bathgate.

I am sure there will be others who I have missed.

loveofthegame
First the Olympics!

BBC Sport homepage chooses to headline with something about some cricketer who's not very good and has just admitted the fact. R Souls.

Ahh forgot about that!

loveofthegame
Yeah, you told me :wacko:

Didn't say you did start the thread :wacko:

I questioned if it should be in the Terrace - which we're now agreed it shouldn't have been. We're also, for some reason, now agreed that you didn't start the thread :mw_confused:

So we've established that you 'give a fudge' about tennis (in the Terrace), and the thread should be in the Shed, and that you didn't start it.

OK, I think I've got all of that. :wacko:

Well you quoted me when questioning whether it should be in the terrace- therefore i simply told you i hadn't started it there and that i was sure it would be moved. Really very straightforward, no need to stress or overwork your brain mate.

I P Knightley
Give the laddie a break - his grandad play for the Hibees, so fair enough, they are who he chooses to support. It could be worse, he could be a Hun or a Tattie Muncher.

Mine was a cheap dig and does me no credit.

My previous posts on the subject will support the fact that I am a very big admirer of Andy Murray. In this regard, nothing else matters to me than the fact that he is a sublime tennis player.

Sure, if he was smiley and jokey, I'd like him even more and if he was a Jambo, I'd adopt him as my own son.

Chad Sexington

It's a tremendous achievement for Murray.

There were a couple on here a few weeks ago scoffing at Murray's development when compared to Novak Djokovic who is the same age.

Well Andy's beaten him twice in a row now and these people have been exposed as the know nothings they are.

:)

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I've known for ages for Andy Murray would win big tournaments. If it wasn't for the wrist injury he would more than likely already be No.4 in the world was such his progression beforehand.

It wasn't the best match ever but Andy did well to come through it, especially after blowing (maybe a bit harsh - Djokovic was brillant in that game) 4 championship points.

I'd like him to make either Semi Finals of the Olympics, or The US Open to show he really can mix it at the top. I'm sure he will.

He's still a Hibs **** :)

Carl Spackler
only the slams are 5 set matches.

You learn something every day. I honestly thought all mens matches were best of five. Shows you what I know about Tennis.

Mine was a cheap dig and does me no credit.

My previous posts on the subject will support the fact that I am a very big admirer of Andy Murray. In this regard, nothing else matters to me than the fact that he is a sublime tennis player.

Sure, if he was smiley and jokey, I'd like him even more and if he was a Jambo, I'd adopt him as my own son.

I disagree, i love the fact he's a grumpy barsteward

I disagree, i love the fact he's a grumpy barsteward

Likewise - especially since it gets right up the noses of those South of the border who prefer nicey-nicey, mamby-pamby, syrupy, sycophantic, wimpish, irresolute, pillow-chewing, thumb-sucking, mummy's boy type losers with nicely groomed hair and permanent Cheshire cat grins.

Give me a dour Scot with a hard edged will to win any day of the week. Those were the types that the success of English club football depended on for decades at player level with the likes of Davie Mackay, Billy Bremner, Denis Law, Kenny Dalglish, Archie Gemmill, Tommy Docherty, Kenny Burns, etc. to the fore and still today at management level with the likes of Fergie.

Archived