Andy Murray 1st Masters series final (merged threads)

comradejambo

comradejambo

Even though he is a hobo... Congratulations to him on reaching his 1st Mastes final. Hope he goes on to win but will have a job beating Nadal (assuming he gets there). Moved up to world number 6 after this week though!

Even though he is a hobo... Congratulations to him on reaching his 1st Mastes final. Hope he goes on to win but will have a job beating Nadal (assuming he gets there). Moved up to world number 6 after this week though!

Yes well done to Andy Murray.

No doubt the usual suspect will still criticise.

loveofthegame

Yep superb! I love my tennis and a big murray fan, regardless of what others say.

Future Slam winner I'm sure, but dont think he'll ever sustain it to get to the very very top of the rankings.

I P Knightley

Yep - he's on a roll now. A couple of lapses of concentration in the early rounds against lesser opposition can be overcome. He can't do that against Nadal or Djokovic, though. If he plays the final as he played the quarters, he could do well. In the semi, though, he dropped serve early; Nadal would never have let him back in - not in his (Nadal's) current form.

A decent performance at the US Open would take him higher still. Don't know if the Olympics count for ATP points - I hope they don't; I don't think tennis should be in the Olympics.

A decent performance at the US Open would take him higher still. Don't know if the Olympics count for ATP points - I hope they don't; I don't think tennis should be in the Olympics.

I dont think they do. Its completely separate as you are playing for your nation rather than yourself.

As for Murray, he has been excellent over the last few weeks. I reckon the best chance of a Slam for him is on the hard courts of the US and he is playing well enough to do well there. He outclassed Djokovic last week in Toronto and was very unlucky against Nadal in the semi, with the first set of that match being described as "one of, if not the best, sets of tennis of the year". Praise indeed considering the Wimbledon final.

It would be good to see him do it but im not sure he can against a pumped up Nadal going for the number one spot.

Dazo, FFS, give him a break - when was the last time a SCOTTISH tennis player was in the top ten? Exactly! He may be a hobbo hobbit, but as a Scotsman, he deserves our support, nes't pas?

Technically, David Byrne of Talking Heads fame (born in Scotland per his birth certificate) and John McEnroe (last name starts with "Mc") could both actually be selected for Scotland per the GFA, though, admittedly, they're both probably past they're best...

I P Knightley
Dazo, FFS, give him a break - when was the last time a SCOTTISH tennis player was in the top ten? Exactly! He may be a hobbo hobbit, but as a Scotsman, he deserves our support, nes't pas?

Technically, David Byrne of Talking Heads fame (born in Scotland per his birth certificate) and John McEnroe (last name starts with "Mc") could both actually be selected for Scotland per the GFA, though, admittedly, they're both probably past they're best...

Wouldn't McEnroe represent Republic of Ireland? Booo, hiss, dirty mhank thurnchoat Jhudas...

Re Murray, it's not just the fact that he's a Scot, he's also, when on song, a subline tennis player to watch. Saw some highlights of his semi & he handed the guy Karlovic his arse on a plate.

It would be good to see him do it but im not sure he can against a pumped up Nadal going for the number one spot.

Not sure it'll make any difference but I think Nadal has already gained the No 1 spot irrespective of whether he wins or not.

I P Knightley
Not sure it'll make any difference but I think Nadal has already gained the No 1 spot irrespective of whether he wins or not.

Djokovic has taken the first set 6-1. I'm watching it unravel here: http://www.protennislive.com/frameset.asp?year=2008&wkno=31&lang=en&tabno=1&eventid=1017&ref=www.cincytennis.com/nav

I think that the arithmetic of it needed Nadal to win the tourney to go to number 1 after Federer made it past the second round. It's that close, though.

I know it may seem unpatriotic but i ****ing hate that bawbag and hope he loses every single game he plays.

Well said:bravo::clap:

Get a grip. Tennis is a puffs game, Murray is ugly, he is a hobo and I don't give a flying one if he never wins again, he is a little turd who .....after hating England before, didn't really mean it. Boy is a **** playing a ***** game. Does he know where fester road is,,,,,,doubt it. ***** should support his local team, like all the glory hunting religous nobs that support the west coast mafia. OOOOO I'm hobo from Dunblane.........I live in niddrie but was brought up a gers fan...WTF. Says it all about the parents of these people.

I P Knightley

Well, we'll never get consensus on here about either Murray or tennis, it seems.

Afraid I've always followed with my interest waning a little in the late-80's & early '90s but now it's getting really competitive I'm back in there.

Djokovic just tanned Nadal's hide. Murray took Djokovic to the cleaners in their last game a few days ago. Makes for a top final.

I'm just surprised that there are so many on here that fail to see or appreciate the excitement and sporting intrigue around tennis at the moment. Does it all end with the football or are tehre other sports that take your fancy? (Probably a question for another thread...)

Well, we'll never get consensus on here about either Murray or tennis, it seems.

Afraid I've always followed with my interest waning a little in the late-80's & early '90s but now it's getting really competitive I'm back in there.

Djokovic just tanned Nadal's hide. Murray took Djokovic to the cleaners in their last game a few days ago. Makes for a top final.

I'm just surprised that there are so many on here that fail to see or appreciate the excitement and sporting intrigue around tennis at the moment. Does it all end with the football or are tehre other sports that take your fancy? (Probably a question for another thread...)

Murray has a real chance now against Djokovic

Nadal is my favourite player, but now he is out, I want the "wee hobo ****" to win it!

Men's tennis just now is superb. The standard of the whole field is very strong, which makes it really exciting as shocks can haapen all over the place. You have Nadal and Federer who will be considered amongst the greatest of all time, but there are another handful of players who are superb in their own right and would be a hell of a lot more succesful if they weren't around at such a competitive period of the sport

I still think Nadal is currently on a level above everyone else (even after tonites beating), and reckon he could be the one to finaly complete the Grand Slam!

I also think that tennis is great at the moment. The next few years should be very interesting as the era of Federer dominating looks to be over and there is now a chance for the younger players like Nadal, Djokovic and Murray to really come through. I know Nadal has been great for ages but now he can really dominate the game.

Murray has my backing as well. I don't base my opinion of a sportsman on which team he supports. He's the only Scot I've ever seen in tennis who has been any good. Whilst I supported Henman and Rusedski, the fact that Murray is Scottish adds more to him for me. I only really saw the later years of Henman's career so there's something more rewarding in watching a player like Murray come through the juniors to actually having the potential to be in the top couple of players in the world.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I dont think they do. Its completely separate as you are playing for your nation rather than yourself.

As for Murray, he has been excellent over the last few weeks. I reckon the best chance of a Slam for him is on the hard courts of the US and he is playing well enough to do well there. He outclassed Djokovic last week in Toronto and was very unlucky against Nadal in the semi, with the first set of that match being described as "one of, if not the best, sets of tennis of the year". Praise indeed considering the Wimbledon final.

There are ranking points available for winning the Olympics.

http://www.itftennis.com/olympics/event/ranking.asp

Its on a hard court so Murray has a decent chance of going far.

Should be a great final tonight.

loveofthegame
Get a grip. Tennis is a puffs game, Murray is ugly, he is a hobo and I don't give a flying one if he never wins again, he is a little turd who .....after hating England before, didn't really mean it. Boy is a **** playing a ***** game. Does he know where fester road is,,,,,,doubt it. ***** should support his local team, like all the glory hunting religous nobs that support the west coast mafia. OOOOO I'm hobo from Dunblane.........I live in niddrie but was brought up a gers fan...WTF. Says it all about the parents of these people.

Not read such a terrible post on here in a while What an arsehole.

1)Tennis is anything but a poofs(spelt p.o.o.f) game. How do you work that out? You may not like it but it is anything but a poofs game.

2)Who gives a **** what he looks like- but then maybe its you thats the poof

3)Who cares that he's a Hobo- and how the **** can you call a Hibs fan a glory hunter!!! You not got any mates who are unfortunate enough to support Hibs?!

4)His parents seem to have done a pretty good job- bet they're slightly more proud than yours...

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Miserable, moaning-faced ****.

IMO.

..........who's extremely good at tennis :)

Not read such a terrible post on here in a while What an arsehole.

1)Tennis is anything but a poofs(spelt p.o.o.f) game. How do you work that out? You may not like it but it is anything but a poofs game.

2)Who gives a **** what he looks like- but then maybe its you thats the poof

3)Who cares that he's a Hobo- and how the **** can you call a Hibs fan a glory hunter!!! You not got any mates who are unfortunate enough to support Hibs?!

4)His parents seem to have done a pretty good job- bet they're slightly more proud than yours...

I thought about posting something similar, but decided he must have been drunk when he posted his rant and he may regret it this morning.

I was born in Perth and lived there for a couple of years. I should be a St Johnstone supporter according to his theory.:cool:

I think Andy Murray is a really good tennis player and I wish him well. I dont think he has a slam in him though, unless Federer and Nadal both retire young, but Novak Djokovic did prove it is not impossible.

loveofthegame
I thought about posting something similar, but decided he must have been drunk when he posted his rant and he may regret it this morning.

I was born in Perth and lived there for a couple of years. I should be a St Johnstone supporter according to his theory.:cool:

I think Andy Murray is a really good tennis player and I wish him well. I dont think he has a slam in him though, unless Federer and Nadal both retire young, but Novak Djokovic did prove it is not impossible.

True it certainly won't be easy, but on his day he can beat anyone. Plus Fed's best days look behind him. He definitely has the ability to win one, whether he will or not is a very diff question though.

..........who's extremely good at tennis :)

Doesn't mean I have to like him. Aiden McGeady's good at football but I still want to completely ruin the wee ****'s face every time I see him :D

That, I'm sure, we can both agree on.

chester copperpot

Fell asleep half way through the second set of Nadal V Djokovic match, but if Djoko produces anything like what he did last night, he will destroy Murray.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Doesn't mean I have to like him. Aiden McGeady's good at football but I still want to completely ruin the wee ****'s face every time I see him :D

Didn't say you had to like him.

McGeady is different altogether, he turned his back on his country - Andy Murray didn't.

Yes, you are correct - I'd love to ruin the **** McGeadys face given the opportunity :)

I P Knightley

He's doing all he can to chuck away the first set tie-break from being 6-1 up...

...made it!!

1-0 in sets to Murray.

He pretty much dominated the first set. Won his own service gamses pretty easily and nearly broke a few times.

How good is having someone Scottish who is brillant at tennis. I know he is an alleged hobo, but its great to hear the english media squirm

Nucky Thompson
How good is having someone Scottish who is brillant at tennis. I know he is an alleged hobo, but its great to hear the english media squirm
There's a thread in the shed mate:)

I am totally indifferent.

Hmmmmmm

No comparison what so ever. Murray is PROUD to be Scottish. Says it all really

Nucky Thompson
Hope the hobo poof gets leathered.
I disagree mate. He is ramming up all those snotty tennis club chavs that are waiting on the first English winner since Fred Perry:) He's only a plastic Hobo anyway:)

I P Knightley
Mon the Murray. I don't care that he's a plastic Hobo:p

'mon the Murray indeed.

Is a plastic hobo better or worse than a hobo hobo?

gowestjambo

It's not ALLEGED..............its almost as if there were 3 proclaimers........

Nucky Thompson
'mon the Murray indeed.

Is a plastic hobo better or worse than a hobo hobo?

Better, because he's only a Hobo when journalists push him:) A bit like plastic Jambo Stephen Hendry:rolleyes:

Dirk Diggler
Hope the rat gets walloped.

:Agree:

Have no idea who he is playing and nor do I care.

Mon the random.

:)

I P Knightley
Better, because he's only a Hobo when journalists push him:) A bit like plastic Jambo Stephen Hendry:rolleyes:

Seems fair.

After winning the first set, he's gone and been broken early in the second but, guess what! He's only broken back immediately.

Definitely starting to look good for him!

Murray for Sports Personality of the Year!! (Yes, getting a wee bit carried away there...)

Seems fair.

After winning the first set, he's gone and been broken early in the second but, guess what! He's only broken back immediately.

Definitely starting to look good for him!

Murray for Sports Personality of the Year!! (Yes, getting a wee bit carried away there...)

Brokeback, mountain still to climb though. Obviously a true Hobo afterall.;)

Tennis is gayer than Graham Norton joining a Boy George fanclub.

Still, at least it's more manly than rugby...........except for the women's game of course.

;)

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Nothing against Murray but I dont like tennis and therefore I'm not that fussed what he does. If he wins then good luck to him but im not going to pretend im ****** a hoop that he's in some final or other.

I dont trust these so called summer sports like cricket and tennis. Certainly dont trust any sport that you have to go in when it starts raining. Thats not sport its competative sun-bathing.

Archived