Forgotten players

Jambo_Gaz

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Craig Nelson'Nicky Walker'Derek Lilley'Andy Tod'Steven Boyack' Sheite. every one of them!!!!!

Dont forget Walter Kidd the worst of the lot (Q he kept Davie Cooper quiet for years brigade) the slowest winger ever most defences were more than able to deal with him, look at Rankgers results against most teams during this time ffs even Doug Rougvie kept him quiet

MacDonald Jardine
Dont forget Walter Kidd the worst of the lot (Q he kept Davie Cooper quiet for years brigade) the slowest winger ever most defences were more than able to deal with him, look at Rankgers results against most teams during this time ffs even Doug Rougvie kept him quiet

WTF?

He was a right back.

No wonder most defences kept him quiet,

david mcgee

Dave McNichol, after taking three games to get past Montrose in the Scottish cup we decided it would be a great idea to sign their captain.

Well it wasnt.

Archie White, after no new signings for about two years because we were skint and even the polis were suing us for un-paid bills.

A new signing was announced in the evening news.

"Archie White signs for Hearts"

Prolific goalscorer Archie White signs for Hearts from Oxford United.

I was so excited i couldnt sleep. ( seriously )

Well he was rank rotten.

Pele sounds like a player, Ronaldo makes your mouth water.

Anybody called Archie White is never going to be a player, you dont need to be a top scout to know that FFS.

The Wicker Man

Billy Mackay - think we bought him from Rangers - never really played due to injury.

David Johnstone - lightweight winger - went on to play rugby!

Ray Winstone

Derek Holmes - I thought he was a cracking player but never given a fair chance.

Archie White, after no new signings for about two years because we were skint and even the polis were suing us for un-paid bills.

Well he was rank rotten.

Anybody called Archie White is never going to be a player, you dont need to be a top scout to know that FFS.

If you add Crawford Boyd to that then we may have a new scouting method for the future -- simply find out their name and if it sounds stupid then sorry ........... bye.

PS ANOTHER ONE -- Frank Liddell -- anyone called Frank proves the point. ;)

Cairneyhill Jambo
I'm sure Paille scored that night also.

Infact I'm sure was MOM and won a Coca-Cola Mountain Bike.

He did, from a beckford knockdown/cross.

Stuart Callachan played a blinder that night and I think won a penalty for the first goal.

Jim Hamilton was also outstanding and we signed him the next season.

david mcgee

Well he was rank rotten.

If you add Crawford Boyd to that then we may have a new scouting method for the future -- simply find out their name and if it sounds stupid then sorry ........... bye.

PS ANOTHER ONE -- Frank Liddell -- anyone called Frank proves the point. ;)

I think we could be onto something.

Callum Elliot.......................PSSSTT.

shaun.lawson
Think Oldham paid Norwich (or the otherway round) a million for him at one point.

All I can remember about his time at Hearts is he scored against Dundee in a cup game when Hearts wore a horrible yellow away top. Jim Hamilton scored for Dundee that night?

Jimmy Sandison - a perm of class.

Yup. So bad was he that it got to the point whereby "I've seen Darren Beckford score" t-shirts were being produced by Norwich fans. He was horrendous - and I thought JJ had flipped when I heard he'd signed both him and the clearly well past it Goss (known to us as Jerry God for what he did against Bayern!).

I canny confirm one way or the other, but i do like to think that a mediocre Hearts central midfielder pigsticked Joanne Guest. So, I'm gonnae say YES!!

Impressive about 10 years ago, now not so...:P

rossthejambo
He was horrific.

Talking of horrific.......

Darren Beckford.

:eek: how dare you talk about a legend in that way?! :rolleyes:

<<<<<<<< The legend that was Peter van de Ven:dribble:

A guy I was at school with said his Dad played for Hearts - Stevie Hancock

carnockjambo

Can anyone remember a winger we signed from some Ayrshire junior team in the Eighties. I think he played for about half a season.

Charlie-Brown

Stevie Hamilton - Willie Johnston playing for Rangers ran across his stomach in a game....did the same to John McMaster's throat!

Tommy Wilson & David Winnie.

Stevie Hancock wasn't too bad

scored a few goals

aye including a Scottish Cup winner for Forfar Athletic!!! the late great John Fairgrieve was bealing!!!!!:eek:

For those of a slightly older vintage - what about :

Jim Murphy

Frank Sandeman

Eddie O'Donnell

Anyone mentioned Steve(think it was Steve?) Penney yet? I looked through first couple of pages and never noticed his name mentioned .

Arrived as the player to replace J.C and he never really did.:rolleyes:

vlad on the tyne

padraig moran,tony smith,marvin wilson,grant mchnicoll,massimo petrucci,gary o connor,john paul burns

Anyone mentioned Steve(think it was Steve?) Penney yet? I looked through first couple of pages and never noticed his name mentioned .

Arrived as the player to replace J.C and he never really did.:rolleyes:

Yes, I mentioned him(post #9) He wasn't a bad player but I remember, if he was to play more than 10 games for Hearts, we would have to pay a transfer fee for him, he only played about 9 times for us (only 3 starts)I think, apparently he'd been out of football for a long long time through injury and Brighton wanted money if he'd proved he was fit, think he was capped about 17 or 18 times for Northern Ireland. He was signed and released at the end of season 91/92

Archived